Anyone fancy being my CD Twin?!

Ellen S

:p;)
I thought that if I had a Twin (or Triplets/Quads?! Whatever!!) Eg, someone who is same height & weight as me, or there abouts, then we could spur each other on with our weight losses? Or we could make a Twins Board and pair up (triple up etc) with those of similar details/goals as us?!:)

What do you think? Let me know if this is already happening!

Anyway my stats are;

Height: 5ft 7”
Starting Weight: 16st 6lb (not for long though!)
Weight Loss to date: Don’t know – 1st weigh in on Thurs!
Goal Weight: 11 Stone (this brings me to a BMI of about 24.1I think?)
Reason for weightloss: Its my 30th in Feb & I don’t want to look at photos of myself after the event and go Euuuggghh! Like I do now! I want to look fab! Also we are hoping to start a family next year and I want to be in the best possible shape for this to give us the best chance of getting pregnant! :D

So let me know guys if you fancy twining up with me!!!!

xx:character00264:

Hi Ellen,

I don't know whether I'm doing this right as this is my 1st post.... I've been lurking for the past week or so. I started on the CD last Thursday, am also 5'7 but have an extra stone on you... I started at 17st 11lbs on my CDC scales, 151lbs on mine.

I turned 30 June 07, whilst giving birth to my little boy... not quite how I planned on spending it.... but having him made me realize how many things he's gonna miss out on if i stay fat, fair rides etc.... so it gave me the extra boost I needed.

Anyway... if you think me fit to be a buddy... that would be fab...

Jules x :p

Hi again...

Yep I'll be weighing on on Thurs am but only on my scales as my CDC lives a good 25 miles from me so I'll just be weighing with her when I'm that way visiting my ma, hence the 2 starting weights.

As for the diet, so far so good.... Saturday was complete hell, had to go grocery shopping and oh the smells in Tescos.... and why is it all those goodies are always on offer!!!!? Felt really drained for the 1st 3 days, more awake but physically drained but luckily it had vanished when I woke yesterday morning.... I was dreading waking feeling like that Monday as I take my little boy to a waterbabies group which involves lots of throwing them about and swimming and I think I would have passed out if I'd felt like I did the day before. As for Ketosis.... not sure whether that has kicked in or not.... the scales are dropping (I am a scale hopper) and I have more energy but I'm still really hungry, it doesn't seem such a bad hunger as before but I think I may have just got used to it. I probably doesn't help that I'm now only having my 1st shake of the day, I'm a evening picker so I try and leave to till post 7pm, daft I know but I'm certain I'd go off the rails if it got to 10pm and I had nothing to have, I can survive in the morning whilst my little un (Leon by the way) is about to keep me occupied. Is ketosis meant to erradicate hunger completely or just make your shakes more satisfying? Is your 1st week going smoothly? I'm very proud to say I've had no hiccups apart from a tiny drop of skimmed milk in 1 cup of coffee, I really couldn't drink it black!!

Have you tried baking any yet, I have tried a couple of the so called muffins... really strange taste, not sure if its the shake powder or the sweetners, 1st time I tried it with 2 then 2nd 1 with 1... both had this odd taste even though they were different flavours, think I may try 1 without sweetners and see, it the only way I suppose. As for the result, apart from the odd taste, it was by no ways a tescos choc muffin fresh from the bakery but it did have texture and it did need chewing which was much needed for me, I felt as if I was being naughty by eating but i wasn't.....!!

Anyway... enough drivel from me for now... I better try and get some work done or I'll get the sack!!

Jules x:eek:

Hey,

Oh that’s good then that we weigh in on the same day as each other! I am also going to weigh myself on Thursday Mornings when I get up and record it in my diary, I know its not gonna be the same as when I weigh in at my CDC house but I am too impatient to wait! Ha ha! (I was actually 16st5lb on my scales and 16st6 on hers but hey ho!)

I tried this diet back in July and I found it a LOT harder than I am now for some reason and gave up after 10 days….couldn’t get into the right frame of mind which I think you need to be in. This time around I feel so different! Ithink it’s a mixture of knowing I can do it (after my ‘trial’ in July) and the fact I am fed up of being this weight and got so depresses about it last week! I luckily haven’t felt too bad – last night was a struggle at home – kept looking at Cup Cakes on the internet and had a real craving for some! But I think the trick is to occupy your mind with something else – and for me that was playing tetris on my DS lite! Ha ha!

I have a shake for breakfast, but eaten out of a bowl rather than drank cause I cant for some reason, then soups for Lunch & Dinner. Currently I am liking Butterscotch & Vanilla shakes haven’t tried any of the others, may ask my CDC for some Banana ones – do you know where I can get a full list of all the products they do?

Anyway I was in Sainsbury’s last night and normally I would go up to the fresh bread counter and by a crusty loaf and go home and just eat bread with clover on it (I HEART bread and butter!!) but I just went to the Pharmacy & walked back out again! God it felt good! I think this is going to be a total learning curve for me as well as I am realizing that I DON’T NEED to eat crap all the time, I should maybe allow myself to have the occasional treat……

Anyway I am at work too so I better get off! Will post again later! Hopefully some others will join us too!
:p

Theres a sticky on the diet forum main page thingy......

OOOHHHH Butterscotch... I cant stand it... fav so far gotta be choc mint. Choc, banana and toffee and walnut are o.k but I tend to change my mind every day!!!

What do you do for a living?

;)Hi Jules,

Not long got in from Aqua Aerobics and had my soup - I was starving when I got in! Oh well thats a few calories burnt then!!

Anyway I work for a Resort on Santiago in the Cape Verde Islands, (but in UK office!) it is still mostly under construction. Not been there long and its a struggle at the mo as a lot of the clients are pissed off to say the least as its taking so long so most of my day is spent listening to them moan at me on the phone! :mad: But still it keeps my mind off food! LOL!

I am actually thinking if moving jobs as my old boss called me about a job with him at Oxford University working in Events which is what I have always done really, and the benefits are great - including 6.5 months full pay on Maternity! (guess I have to think about that as where I am doesnt pay anything other than stat!).....will see though!

So what do you do chick? I bet Leon keeps you busy? How old is he now?

:D

God poor you.... no food and having to listen to people moan all day.... not good. I'm a Technical administrator for a large turkey producer, I've been really lucky job wise really as I actually handed my notice in after having Leon as childcare and travel where gonna take up 80% of my wages and missing time with him just wasnt worth it. I found another job working from home calling people to remind them mots etc were due but this became really awkward as the hours were restrictive, obviously peeps don't like you calling at the best of times, let alone 9pm!! So after 2 weeks of doing that job my old boss rang and asked me to do my old job part-time and from home... I only have to go into the office for a 1hr meeting a month... fantastic!! Everybody at work is SO SO jealous as I'm the 1st person in the company to be offered home work..... guess thats what i get for being so damn fantastic lol!!!

Leons now coming up to 15 months old... and is growing up oh so quick... its hard to remember that little baby I brought home, not that he was that small, weighing in at a whooping 10lb 7oz!!! He held on 9 days late to arrive on my 30th birthday, gotta be the 1st birthday that I haven't eaten or drunk anything!!! He was well worth it though. Would like to have another one once the weights off but I vowed I wouldnt till I was a "normal" size, I got so feed up whilst carrying Leon with all the doctors/nurses lecturing me about my weight, plus I wanted one of those lovely purt bumps... not just a blob.

Are you married / living with your fella? I'm been married to Steve for 4 years now.

Think I'm gonna have to go find myself my last choc mint shake... I'm starving... I thought we weren't meant to be hungry by now???

Jules x

P.s I'm starting aqua aerobics next week... they'll be calling the coastguard thinking that a whale has beached... lol... doesn't help I'm going with my eat everything stick friend.... (not fair huh)!:D

Ooooh havent tried the Choc shakes yet so maybe I will! Dont really like choc drinks (shame I cant say the same for normal chocolate!!:() & the Choc Orange one sounds nice too so I will ask my CDC if she has any on Thurs.

WOW! Thats brilliant that your boss rang you and offered you that job back the - just shows how fab you are, and I guess being at home makes it easy as you wont get people asking you what your eating all the time and lecturing you that its "no good for you that" & "thats not the way to lose wight" etc etc:rolleyes: I have only told my 1 colleague what I am doing and she supports me 100% & have only told 2 other friend & my boyfriend J, who I live with by the way! Oh and our Cat, Cassie and 3 Fish, Pete, Bob & Dave. :character0053:

Leon sounds great - cant believe he was born on your bday! (I was born on the same day as my brother but 3 yrs apart) I think I would be sipping Cider (classy!) if I was in Labour on my 30th!! :party0036:I know what you mean though about wanting a 'pert bump' I keep thinking imagine how huge I would be if I didnt lose weight then get pregnant? Plus I want to be really healthy so I can carry the extra weight aounf. I was at Aqua tongiht and there was a pregnant lady doing it and she was quite slim and toned and had a gorgeous bump, I thought "I will look like you one day!"

I live with J my boyf of nearlly 5 years...hopefully he will pop the question soon so we can get married!! :character00100: But I am very happy so I can wait (a tiny bit longer!;))

Hope you enjoyes your shake, I still get a bit hungry but as soon as I have eaten I am really full and feel fine. Its not really bad hunger. I guess you will get used to it and be able to cope better.

Yep I work with a load of skinny minnys and one thing I find hard is when they moan and say "oh I am so fat, I have to go to the gym/cant eat that" etc, I know everyone has there dislikes about themselves but I find it really embarassingas I am sat there 5 stone overweight!:(

But hey thats gonna change isnt it Jules?! We can do this!! xxxx

Hi Jules & Ellen,

I hope its ok if I respond to your posts! Im not quite another twin (ie Im 5ft tall) but Im on my 3rd week of the Soul Source.....so I can let you know that it does get easier!

I like the Vanilla & Strawberry shakes & I save those for breakfast (which is when my stomach is at its most sensitive & im least inclined to want to drink). Butterscotch, toffee & walnut, fruits of the forest are ok. If a flavour doesnt do it for me, I drink it out of a bowl. 90% of eating is about smell....lose the smell, you lose most of the taste. By the 2nd week, you actually do get used to the taste they arent so bad.

Experimenting with which drinks taste ok hot. Most of the chocolate drinks seem better hot - the cappuccino is almost good! I have hot drinks for dinner & sip and savour it. It feels a little more like youve actually had something for dinner!

I started quite an intensive fitness program on the same day that I started my CD. Apparently its not recommended as it makes you hungry. It's true - it does! But I happen to have a waif thin, female therapist friend - who gave me a few survival tips. Basically re-label your thoughts. When you feel hungry, tell yourself you feel empty....and embrace the feeling of your stomach being nice, lean & empty.

A 2nd tip actually has helped me more than anything else.....enjoy yummy aromas! Dont think "arrgh! torture! its unfair cos im not allowed!" Instead inhale it deeply & taste it & actually feel how it would feel in your tummy. Think of how it would be if you were actually eating it and enjoy it - "ahh yum, its inside me & im so satisfied!" At 6am I go walking with a buddy - we walk past a bakery & a cafe. We get to smell baking cakes & bacon! We love it! I always think of how "90% of eating is in the aroma" so i appreciate that I got 90% of the joy of eating it - with zero calories!

With the hunger, comes a benefit. Im hungry & the only think i can do is I reach for my water bottle. What a great life habit to learn! I do struggle to drink the minimum amount - but when i dont, my hunger is much much worse.

During my 1st week of CD, I emptied the house of anything tempting. I even asked my husband to switch from toast to porridge at breakfast). You get so over the food thing though, that last night I actually bought him a packet of shortbread & I sat beside him while he munched half the pack! So i really believe that with CD you learn to break the food dependancy habit. By the 2nd week I began to really enjoy cooking his dinners too. Initially he was going to cook his own meals but now I enjoy the hour of handling the food and smelling the yummy wafts...and afterwards, I sit down & eat a CD meal bar & it feels really good! Initially I cooked meals that I wouldnt normally choose for myself - such as stirfry....but Ive progressed. Yesterday he had a tuna pasta casserole & tonight he's going to have a lamb curry (Rogan Josh) - complete with poppadoms! And hubby is so delighted at the new varied meals, that he doesnt care that I cant even taste test the food! I also now enjoy the supermarket & spent an hour roaming looking for meal ideas yesterday!

Another tip from a successful CD'er was dont let anything past your lips - not even a grain of rice. If remotely tempted, I remember the proverb "Don't sacrifice your future for a momentary pleasure". So 3 weeks gone & not 1 moment of serious temptation!

Anyway, sorry to ramble on & hijack your thread! Its great to read how we're all experiencing the same things!

Hi Guys,

Gems, thanks for the tips, its funny you say about your hubby because mine is also chuffed with his wider variety of meals... i too suddenly enjoy cooking for him and my little boy... and sit with great pride supping on my shake!!

Well its the beginning of day 7, feeling quite tired this morning but think thats more to do with Leon teething rather than the diet... not contemplating going back to bed for an hour whilst he's having his nap.... I'm SOOOO lazy!!!

My mum rang this morning, she's started CD this morning, her 1st meal was the porridge and I'm gutted, she said it was nothing like porridge at all and quite yucky..... I've ordered 7 so I hope they're not that bad... mind you she hasn't been living on powdery shakes all week!!

As usual I popped on the scales this morning and was another 1lb down.... yipee.... long may it last.

Gotta go into work today (after my kip) so I'll catch ya all later... have a fab thin day.

Jules x:nightf:

Oh dear... my fingers are tired too.... was meant to say "NOW contemplating going to bed for an hour"!!!!:brainfart:

Hi All

Apologies for not posting yesterday – mad busy at work!
Well the GOOD news is – first weigh in today and I have lost 13lbs!!! I feel fab! :D

How you been getting Jules? When is your weigh in?

Thanks to everyone else for the advice you have given on here! More the merrier!

Elle xx

My 1st day today

Just started today.
Fruits of the Forest this morning and Brocolli and Cheese for lunch ( Yuck !!!)
Keep going to kitchen for a nibble and then i remember NO NO NO :eek:
And as for the water, the loo has never had such a frequent visitor.
Just hope i can keep it up.
Determined. Help :)

im on my 3rd day and my start weight is 16st 5lbs. i could b your twin. im also on CD. x

keep it up nibbles...x

Hi ladies.... well I weighed in this am and have lost a whooping 11 & 1/2 lbs... yee haaa.... although I'm slightly jealous of your whooping 13 Ellen.... but I'll catch ya next week..... tee hee...

Well I've had yet another sleepy day.... nothing unusual for me, think its carrying all this blubber around for 15 years... can't help.

Well my 1st shake today was Winter spiced orange (I only bought 1 to try as I was very dubious) and I have to say after the extremely spicey smell I was pleasantly surprised... it was actually refreshingly orange. My second meal of the day was the leek and potato soup..... big big mistake... it has been repeating on me all night, the 1st couple of spoons I thought ummm lovely, then with the 3rd came this really odd flavour.. but I had to sup up to the bottom as I was soooooo damn hungry!!! And as for the porridge, mmmm couldn't say I loved it but it was great to actually eat something and the creamy warm texture was very comforting, I will be eating more just for that feeling!! Has anybody else tried it? What did you think?

I know what you mean Nibbles about the "nibbles", my little boy loves those yoghurt coated raisins and everytime I open the fridge they're just jumping at me saying "eat me, eat me", luckily my brain clicks in before my hand reaches them. The other problem I have Leon loves to try and feed me... he was eating grapes yesterday and decided he wanted to bite each one in half, eat one half then feed mummy the other.... I felt soooo mean spitting them back out.... He looked at me as if to say "but mummy, I'm sharing"!!!!!

Anyway... enough dribble for now, now off to sample the delights of choc orange I think!!

Jules x:party0019:

Back