Anyone Feel Their Life Is On Hold?

I feel this way too and Im only on day two! I was in bed at 9pm last night after my long bubble bath just so I didn't think about food!

Its our friends daughters 18th on Friday and were supposed to be going for a curry (they are all overweight and don't care) where they expect me to 'cheat'. My H2B is going to call on Friday and say he's stuck at work (he's works quite a way from home) so we can get out of it.

I hate lying but I know I'll cheat if I go!

I want the weeks to pass to I can be slim and live again (heathily that is!).

I feel this way too and Im only on day two! I was in bed at 9pm last night after my long bubble bath just so I didn't think about food!

Its our friends daughters 18th on Friday and were supposed to be going for a curry (they are all overweight and don't care) where they expect me to 'cheat'. My H2B is going to call on Friday and say he's stuck at work (he's works quite a way from home) so we can get out of it.

I hate lying but I know I'll cheat if I go!

I want the weeks to pass to I can be slim and live again (heathily that is!).

You are doing exactly the right things Lana. I had the baths and early nights in my first few days and it really helped I felt so refreshed!

Lying is Ok when it is for the right reasons. It is absolutely the best reason, I'm sure you know all the reasons already. Don't feel bad about it. Lovely that hubby is being so supportive too!;)

Good Luck for the next few days, you can do it.

Dizzy x

Hey Pixie,

Not sure how to answer you as I think everyone is different. I took the view that the reason I was doing LL was because my life HAD been on hold for 15+ years and now I was starting to press the release button - so I am out there more than ever.

However, I have had days when I just come home and curl up on the sofa and sleep under a Duvet (polite way of telling the world to p**s off). I think you just need those days 'off' sometimes - can't be a hreo all the time - and nothing wrong with that.

If you do what is needed and stay on plan then thats a success.

For example I expect that I will need at least 6 months (or maybe even more) to get to target.

I do intend to live to 100 (or beyond - medical science had better get a move on!) so in my eyes, I am dedicating less than 1% of my life on corrective action (including under Duvet on sofa) so that I am 'recovered' from my fatness.

So for 1% of your life - just do what works for you and sod everyone else. When you look back - its nothing and everyine around you will understand when they see the results. If they don't - time to ask why not!

Happy snoozing - and eventual blossoming

Hey Pixie,

Not sure how to answer you as I think everyone is different. I took the view that the reason I was doing LL was because my life HAD been on hold for 15+ years and now I was starting to press the release button - so I am out there more than ever.

However, I have had days when I just come home and curl up on the sofa and sleep under a Duvet (polite way of telling the world to p**s off). I think you just need those days 'off' sometimes - can't be a hreo all the time - and nothing wrong with that.

If you do what is needed and stay on plan then thats a success.

For example I expect that I will need at least 6 months (or maybe even more) to get to target.

I do intend to live to 100 (or beyond - medical science had better get a move on!) so in my eyes, I am dedicating less than 1% of my life on corrective action (including under Duvet on sofa) so that I am 'recovered' from my fatness.

So for 1% of your life - just do what works for you and sod everyone else. When you look back - its nothing and everyine around you will understand when they see the results. If they don't - time to ask why not!

Happy snoozing - and eventual blossoming

Great post Dr Mindey, yup my life was on hold, or there abouts for 4 months, but for me it had to be coz I couldnt cope, I did have the odd night out and had water all night, and had fun too but for me now the fun has really started, I go out more now, I have fun on water or beer, and best of all, I have fun in my size 12's and not my size 22's

I think with VLCD you just get through it the best you can, but please dont be miserable, come on here and Ill make you laugh x

This is my 13 day on the cambridge diet and as I have alot of weight to loose whats the point of staying under the duvet forever

I have never lacked confidence as I dont think we should be judged by our waist size (thats probably why I got as big as I am now but thats a different story) so even as a very big girl my thoughts are lippy on girl and get out there

I do know what you mean though as where ever I meet my friends or family socially its always around food or drink, went to a pub quiz with my two best friends on tuesday night (we are the Tidy Birds ) and we came second so what did we win ~ 2 boxes of chocolates THANKS ALOT

Put your lippy on and get out !!!!

Listen guys - it`s worth every bit of the rollercoaster feelings that you feel. I did LL for over 20 weeks and lost 4 stone altogther. Believe you me, the feeling of being slim, and yes of not being the fattest woman in the room, is worth every miserable filled moment! It`s not forever and we are talking the rest of our lives here. Think of the results, think of your shrinking figure. You can and you will do it.

Hi guys thanks for all your replies!
I went out last night to the pub with my family for a meal and drank soda water all night! :D

Back