Anyone Get Sick With Hunger?

littlemiss

Silver Member
Hey guys!

Recently i've been on diet and off diet, yo-yo'ing. When im not on a diet, I kinda eat constantly all night. Anyway, when I dont eat at night, I get hungry (because i'm used to eating at that time) and I get sick, physically sick. For example tonight, I had my dinner around 6pm and now its 1am, i've not had anything else to eat since my dinner, but i'm starting to feel physically sick, its the same every night, or if I go longer than normal without a meal.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so how do you over-come it.

P.S - I am one of those people that if I have some sort of small snacky thing, It leads me to a binge, even if its not a fattening/nice tasting thing. Like a special k bar or a bit of fruit, it would send me looking for more.

HELP!!

Had you thought of having your evening meal later? I have mine about 11 pm most day which is about two hours before I go to bed so I'd suggest you doing the same (unless you go to bed at 8pm ish!)

As far as if you eat one thing then you binge, it's something you'll have to have willpower to break out of, don't have fatty stuff in the house, try to have stuff like grapes and apples that you can grab and eat right away.

Good luck!

If you're starving, a little snack probably won't even touch the sides anyway! When I get like that, I quickly stir fry up some vegetables and add seasoning to it to make it taste better. I wouldn't do it the night before weigh day, but I'd certainly do it throughout the week.

I, too, would suggest having dinner a bit later. So long as you're not having a huge plate of mashed potatoes, it shouldn't make a difference to metabolism; it will just mean that the food will take longer to digest, which could affect weigh day.

Yes, I agree with the others. If you're able to eat later, why not try it? I eat at 9.30pm every night, and just have a snack in the evening - it's much easier to restrict your snacking if you know your main meal is still to come. :) xx

Hey everyone thanks for the replies!!

I take it this is quite a common thing then - feeling sick with hunger? Only reason I asked is because I just cant remember hearing anyone say it before. Its particularly bad in the morning. Ok, so everyone gets hungry in the morning, BUT....from the minute my alarm goes off thats it im constantly running to the toilet until I leave to go to work, and no im not pg, i've had this for years, but its something i never hear anyone mention. It does go away, i'd say when I leave the house to go to work it leaves, maybe the fresh air. I would understand feeling sick with hunger if i hadn't eaten at night or for hours upon waking, even when I eat at night im not hungry when I go to bed, yet wake up like that, and i only sleep about 6 hours a night!?!? I have some morning sickness meds from when I was pregnant, might start taking them again.

And yes, eating late at night is great, I love it, because as you said, its something to look forward to. I eat my dinner with the kids at 6ish, it would be too much hassle to cook again later. I've never eaten a breakfast my whole life, i only have lunch then dinner, so when I lost weight before i had breakfast at night, for example a slice of toast and jam or cereal. and i lost plenty weight still doing that so might go down similar route.

:)

Back