Anyone going on hols in August?

I want a holiday! (stamps foot in a sulk...) Not having one this year as just had loft conversion & new conservatory, and new kitchen on the cards too. Oh, and going to Florida next Easter so if we're lucky its the tent for us this summer.....

sob sob.........

I'm having the week from Hell, my Mum was taken into hospital on Friday and I haven't stopped eating since :( My eating isn't helping her and it certainly isn't helping me so I can't understand why I'm doing it. I've got my WI on Wednesday and I don't want to go now, but if I don't then that will be me giving in and I can't do that so...I have to get myself back into gear again. Why oh why do I turn to food in a crisis? It's stupid and I feel rubbish now.

Will be good tomorrow.

i`d love to do the three stone challange for my hols in august...im going to sunny skeggy with my three kids...first time ive been there im terrified...(all those kids in one place :eek:)...first weigh in today..im hoping its going to spur me on (and its totm as well...fingers crossed) ... :)

Diddy x

oooh oooh oooh.... yes please!!! I am off on holiday on August 9th and would LOVE to be three stone lighter by then.

I think I might say two stone just so i am not disappointed in myself!

Deffo up for the challenge...... This will be my first time in a bikini for 13 years! - oooh now doesnt that sound positive????

Mikki xx

I'm having the week from Hell, my Mum was taken into hospital on Friday and I haven't stopped eating since :( My eating isn't helping her and it certainly isn't helping me so I can't understand why I'm doing it. I've got my WI on Wednesday and I don't want to go now, but if I don't then that will be me giving in and I can't do that so...I have to get myself back into gear again. Why oh why do I turn to food in a crisis? It's stupid and I feel rubbish now.

Will be good tomorrow.

You are not alone Miel. We all use food as a prop in some way means shape or form or else we wouldn't all be here!
So sorry to hear about your mom, but she is in the place where they can keep an eye and quickly diagnose any changes that need attention. I hope that she is soon well and that you are soon back on track.

Mom would want you to take positive steps to be what you want to be, so do it for her sake too!

Lots of love and good luck, YOU CAN DO THIS!

Mikki xxx

OMG how strange is that going the same day for the same length of time!!! WE are going to costa Blanca a lovely little village called Heredades. Can't wait my last 'meal' was there so looking forward to going to the same resteraunt the first night there!!! :eatdrink023:

We too are going to the Costa Blanca..:eek:

My parents have a house in Denia which we go to every year.... never heard of Heredades.... where is it near? Nearest place anyone has heard of to Denia is Benidorm but it is SO not Benidorm...;)

off to hisaronu turkey 17th august

Miel, try not to be too hard on yourself, it must be such a worry with your mum in hospital. I hope she gets better soon xx

Diddy, good luck on your weigh in today, please let us know how you get on xx

Diva, keep thinking of that bikini!!!! that will keep you focused x

I am off on 1 August, so I can't see myself losing 3 stone by then! That would mean 3 stone in 2 months, and much as I'd like to think I could, the weight is not exactly dropping off me :( But I vow to stick with it, and take more exercise, and lose as much as I can before then. Then have a nice break, not go mad on the food and drink, and get right back on it when I get back.

Meil, sorry to hear about your mum. It's hard to keep focused when you are feeling emotional, but try not to undo your good work.

Cee Cee, you've got 10 weeks so it is possible, are you planning on SS right up to when you go, or are you going to move up through the plans a couple of weeks before?

I do a midway between SS+ and 810. I did do LT which is basically SS, but became really sick on it, had really bad tummy trouble, and found that a small meal suited me better. (Stuck it on LT for 4 weeks though). But I am very strict otherwise, no cheats. Have had two good weeks (3lbs), but I do lose weight slowly. Just don't want to set myself an unrealistic goal.

If I do lose 3 stone in 10 weeks, I will be dancing the flamenco:D

Yeah I lose weight quite slowly too, to be honest even if I did another 2 stone I would be happy. I am going to continue to goal after my hols, so not dieting just for my holiday x

Yeah I lose weight quite slowly too, to be honest even if I did another 2 stone I would be happy. I am going to continue to goal after my hols, so not dieting just for my holiday x

Same here. I would be over the moon if I lost two stone before August, but I'm not going to beat myself up if I don't. I'm in it for the long haul, although if my weight loss slows down too much, I will switch to another diet, maybe one with food and more exercise, mix things up a bit. I'm only focused on one thing, and that is to lose the weight. Before the end of the year though. Otherwise my motivation might run out completely.

Thanks Cee-Cee, she's a bit better today but only time will tell.

I'm doing well so far today as I haven't eaten anything, which I know is a silly thing to say as I'm not meant to eat anything, but it's an achievement for me because the last week I haven't stopped eating.

I'm seeing my CDC tomorrow so with luck he'll get me to focus again, although to be honest I'm feeling much more positive today.

I am desperate to lose weight for my summer holidays because I know I'll feel so much happier if I'm not so heavy, but although it's only weeks away it's still hard to slog through each day on the strength of it. So, I've just booked a weekend in Paris for July to bring the target closer. Now I have to get losing for that trip too :) especially as it's a coach trip, I feel so fat on coaches; trying to squeeze down the aisle.

I should spend more time on Mini's then I wouldn't feel so tempted ;)

I'd definetly be on for that!!! I only dstarted on sunday, weighed myself this morning and already down 5lbs WE're goping away probably end of august/september but definetly up for the challenge. Do you think I can do it??

Start weight Sunday 18th : 13 stone 12 lbs
Goal Weight for Healthy BMI: 10 stone 10 lbs

Week 1 =

We too are going to the Costa Blanca..:eek:

My parents have a house in Denia which we go to every year.... never heard of Heredades.... where is it near? Nearest place anyone has heard of to Denia is Benidorm but it is SO not Benidorm...;)

Our house is between guardamar & Almoradi near Orihuela if that's any help to you? Know what you mean about Benidorm!

Well got weighed today & I've lost another 5lb!!:eek: That's a total of 25lb in 3 weeks, I am soooo pleased :bliss:

Back