Anyone got a cleaner??

big bear

A bear on a mission!
We're thinking of having a cleaner in once a week so got a few questions
1. How much would the hourly rate be?
2. Do u end up cleaning before they come?
3. What exactly dp the clean for example do the oven, toilet etc
4. Do they do like one big deep clean, how much would this be?

Hope someone can help, oh I live in 2 bed hse if that makes a difference

I have had lots of cleaners over the years.........not now though as our circumstances have changed dramatically.

How much they do depends on how many hours you are prepared to pay for. Mine came twice a week from 9a.m. until 1p.m. 4 hours is a lot of time for cleaning.

I always found myself cleaning up before they came. Ridiculous I know.
I always liked the lounge, kitchen and bathroom sparkling and smelling good and everywhere else to be tidy, vac-ed and dusted. Bedrooms I did.

Each week on one of the days I would also have a "big" job done, like all the doors dusted and polished.

Everyone of my cleaners became friends.

As to rates of pay I have no idea what is paid in the U.K. here it is roughly 10€ an hour.

Always get references that you follow up especially if it a complete stranger . They are in your home so you have to know they are honest and reliable.

We're thinking of having a cleaner in once a week so got a few questions
1. How much would the hourly rate be?
2. Do u end up cleaning before they come?
3. What exactly dp the clean for example do the oven, toilet etc
4. Do they do like one big deep clean, how much would this be?

Hope someone can help, oh I live in 2 bed hse if that makes a difference

I house cleaned for a friend of mine (who has MS) and did so for a number of years and now I clean regularly for a friend (every other week).

The hourly rate around here is £7,
She clears the surfaces (i.e. if she has paper work on the kitchen table) before I come usually but I tell her not to tidy up.
I do what I would call a standard clean, kitchen/bathrooms/bedrooms/vacumn every where, wash floors.
I would say that oven cleaning is not usually a standard part of clean - the hob yes.

Everyone wants differant things from a cleaner (I prefer being called "The Lady that does":)) so if you do get one then talk through with her/him what you would like done..

This is just little old Tigger's opinion

Thanks 4 ur replies should I go to an agency or get from local ads in newsagents windows.

I'll be on maternity leave from the end of month so will be here when they come.

I think we would prob go for a big deep clean by this I mean doors/skirting/bathroom & kitchen tiles washed down/all wooden floors cleaned/windows etc is this too much???

Then I'd like to try keep it tidy myself & possibly have someone once a mth.

I'm finding it a struggle to keep clean as have 19 mth yr old & being pregnant bending down getting to be a struggle. My H does his best but he's so busy too...

Thanks 4 ur replies should I go to an agency or get from local ads in newsagents windows.

I'll be on maternity leave from the end of month so will be here when they come.

I think we would prob go for a big deep clean by this I mean doors/skirting/bathroom & kitchen tiles washed down/all wooden floors cleaned/windows etc is this too much???

Then I'd like to try keep it tidy myself & possibly have someone once a mth.

I'm finding it a struggle to keep clean as have 19 mth yr old & being pregnant bending down getting to be a struggle. My H does his best but he's so busy too...

If you are after a deep clean then I would go for the big guns (i.e. the agencies, people like Mollymaids etc) as they are usually able to send in more than one person. Be really specific as to what you want done, whether its an agency or just a local person there is no point paying someone to clean if they are not doing what you want them to. Even though I do cleaning for a friend, I would still want to know that all is ok (and I ask) and that she is happy.

I find it hard to struggle as well - think being a mum full stop (I have two boys) makes it difficult, its the washing that does me in - wish I had a washing/ironing fairy:)

Back