Not for risotto purists - this simple recipe has just 5 ingredients and the stock is added all in one go
Difficulty and servings
Preperation and cooking times
Ready in 40-50 minutes
Finely chop the onion. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a knob of butter in a pan, add the onions and fry until lightly browned (about 7 minutes). Add the bacon and fry for a further 5 minutes, until it starts to crisp.
Add the rice and stock, and bring to the boil. Stir well, then reduce the heat and cook, covered, for 15-20 minutes until the rice is almost tender.
Stir in the peas, add a little salt and pepper and cook for a further 3 minutes, until the peas are cooked. Serve sprinkled with freshly grated parmesan and freshly ground black pepper.
Mmm that sounds yummy!! I like to make a bacon and mushroom risotto
100 grams of risotto rice
4 ww sausages or lighter choice sausages
4 slices of lighter choice bacon
loads of mushrooms
1 pint of veg stock
1.Spray 1 cal spray in a pan
2. Fry off the bacon, mushrooms and sausages (they should be cut up into smallish chunks
3. Add the risotto rice and stir for a few mins
4. Add a little stock and stir
5. Continue to add a little stock then stir until all done.
6. Simmer down until all stock has been absorbed.