Anyone got Ikea trim yourself blinds

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I was going to get Hillarys to do my blinds but they want £690 to get them & install. I've got a large bedroom window & I could get Ikea blinds for them at a fraction of the cost but I'd need to trim 4 inches of them.

Has anyone done this? Are they easy to cut? Do they fray? Are their black-out blinds ok?

Many thanks

I've got a feeling they might do a little gadget in store that you can buy for a few quid to trim them really easily.

I'm sure I had one for some blinds in a flat i had years ago- that or it was a very elaborate dream!!

Thanks for this looks complicated lol and I don't have half the equipment, I may get them and get someone else to cut/fit them X

You can get them from Ikea at a fraction of the cost, but in my opinion (and I've tried and tried) they never ever trim down correctly and it's very hard to get them perfect.
I find the best thing to do is fit blinds over the window rather than in the recess and then no cutting is required.

I know it's an awful lot of money but if you can afford it, I'd get the proffesionals to do it.

Just another thought, have you thought of seeing if there are any local sewing people (not sure whether the title seamstress would count if they're not making dresses!!), who could make you some to fit for a fraction of the cost? My aunt does this in cambridge and I think her advertisement might fall under dress-maker, so might be worth looking under the listings in the yellow pages in your area to see if there is someone similar - There's no way they'd charge the price that Hillary's do!

If I were local i'd offer to do it myself!

Just another thought, have you thought of seeing if there are any local sewing people (not sure whether the title seamstress would count if they're not making dresses!!), who could make you some to fit for a fraction of the cost? My aunt does this in cambridge and I think her advertisement might fall under dress-maker, so might be worth looking under the listings in the yellow pages in your area to see if there is someone similar - There's no way they'd charge the price that Hillary's do!

If I were local i'd offer to do it myself!

Thanks, that's a good idea. X

What kind of blindes are they?? I wanted wooded blinds but my windows are really really wide & the costs were crazy! I ended up buying from the internet from a company that makes blindes to measure - ordered & they fit perfect & look gorgeous! So much so I went on to order more for another 2 rooms :D

What kind of blindes are they?? I wanted wooded blinds but my windows are really really wide & the costs were crazy! I ended up buying from the internet from a company that makes blindes to measure - ordered & they fit perfect & look gorgeous! So much so I went on to order more for another 2 rooms :D

Just simple plain roller blinds...

Back