Anyone got pregnant while on CD? Does it mess up your cycle?

Shortiesmith

Hi,

I need to lose 9lbs quickly, in order to be put on an IVF waiting list. Does anyone know of any reason CD would mess up my cycle enough to stop me ovulating or causing a problem for IVF? Has anyone found out they are pregnant while on it? Obviously, I don't want to do anything which is going to cause a problem as I am working perfectly at the moment (issues are on the male side). I know that you shouldn't be pregnant while on the diet - but my chances of this happening naturally are fairly slim! :cry: My CDC says it shouldn't have any affect, but just wondering if anyone has heard anything?

Thanks in advance.

No, it's shouldn't affect your cycle. The only thing to be cautious of is being ketotic in pregnancy, which is a big no no. Do the diet, get the 9lb off quick (and you WILL!!) and maintain with your CDC's advice.
Best of luck!
XX

...and in answer to your question, yes, I got pregnant on CD (2+ years ago) and stopped immediately as advised by my DR and by the wise ol' CDC!

I wouldn't be so sure about cycle (just my opinion) as am regular as clockwork and track my cycle every month (anal I know) but anyway.. the only time apart from a mis-carriage a few years ago, that I was irregular was when I was on CD.

Might be worth reading into things a little more... just in case. :)

I would second purple hugs (I'm not stalking you babe honest:p)

The last time I was on cd I ovulated very infrequently, my cycles were all over the place right from the start

However I had to stop quickly due to a medical reason and I fell pregnant almost instantly....despite it taking me 3 years with my previous child (who was concieved after a brief foray with lipotrim:eek:)

I don't know if this is just anecdotal or not but I have heard that the sudden loss of body fat (often around the ovaries) can trigger you being more fertile, in fact a collegue of mine was advised to do the diet by her gp before embarking on IVF in the hopes of giving her fertilty an extra boost

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do, and sending loads of hopes and prayers that you have your longed for baby very soon:hug99:

I agree i got pregnant after losing 4st on the diet. Although i was starting to think my husband had no swimmers left. lol

Love-up had to giggle at your 2x conception! are you planning another I wonder! :family2: :)
Seriously though, if it's a side affect then maybe, just maybe you've got hope Shortiesmith that you won't need the IVF.
Fingers x'd for you! Baby Vibes:vibes:coming your way! :D

I got pregnant with this baby on Sole Source. As soon as I discovered I was pregnant I stopped the diet immediately. I was only a couple of weeks into my pregnancy when I had a slight inkling I could be pregnant.

In answer to your question it didn't muck up my cycle, although I did have a little breakthrough bleeding the first time I did CD.

Good luck! :D

Shortie,
I suggest that you go to www.fertilityfriends.co.uk a forum for people with infertility issues. You will get heaps of support with the IVF, but if you go to the technical area you can request to join the Belly Club there, where you will find heaps of people trying to loose weight for IVF. There is also a thread just for people on VLCD who have got pregnant after CD, so you can ask there about your cycle and stuff.

Hope that helps
Bingbong x

I found that when I did CD, I bled all the time, it was like one long period, it was awful. In the end the Dr had to put me on hormone pillds to stop the bleeding.

Back