Anyone got to 9st 7lb on slimming world?? and would like to share i start today x

Hello every1!...i start slimming world today afte putting on the pounds over x-mass i average around 10st 7lb and managed to get to 9st 10lb (my lowest ever with wweeight watchers) however i have gone up to 11st 4lb :( now would am determand to get to my ultimate target which i havent been able to do of 9st 7lb/9st 4lb i would be ove moon to get there just wondering if people on slimming world manage it as no offence but i only tend to see larger people at group or hear of them loosing?? im 5ft 8in by the way.

thanks in advance xxxx

Yes of course! Aslong as that is not too low for your height they will help you reach your goal. Many people on Slimming World are down to 8st or lower for shorter people. It depends a lot on height, i am 5ft 7in and would never aspire to reach 8st as i would look poorly! I have dieted down to 9st a few times but find that 10st is my best so that is my goal :) People of all shapes and sizes are in every kind of diet group, From those only needing to shift the odd few lbs, to those in it for the long run to shift a lot.

Good luck xx

aww thanks love i wouldnt reccomend 8st either lol im 5ft 8in and target of 9st 4lb but would see how i look at 9st 7lb is there any way of working out what my lowest target can be xx

There will be something on the net probably if you type it into Google :) I used to weigh in the chemists and they print you out a reciept with what your BMI and ideal weight should be between. I 'think' mine was 9st 5lb - 11st 1lb but i cant be sure, Its been a while since i had a go xx

Hiya hun.... Me! I started SW in Jan 2011to lose my baby weight, I started about 13 1/2 stone. By July 2011 I had reached 9 stone 3lb. Had a small plateau about the 10 stone mark but increased my exercise slightly (walking 30 mins a few times a week, mainly round the shops lol) and it started showing better losses. After having a baby last Nov im going to be doing a mix of JUDDD and SW to get the weight off, luckily not so much To come off this time, I'm 10 st 7lb and like you would like to be 9st 7lb and take it from there... Good luck!!

Hi I'm jst starting tomorrow I'm 11 8 and my target is 9.7 til 10st how long do you think it will be to I reach it I need major motivation :(

Think of it in a different way. How long will it be until you reach that weight if you dont start and succeed now? :) You can do it. You deserve to be happier and feel better about yourself, and the only way to fail is to not do it at all. Small, short sacrifice for getting one of your dreams :) Good luck hun, we are all here to support you. Take a look at all the before and after pics on here, wow! Best motivation ever. I find the pics are easier to find if you go into the individual diet thread on here. Do it once and for all now, and pretty soon, a matter of months, you will look back to today and be sooo pleased you stuck at it now and reached your goal. The alternative is to not do it, and look back wishing you stuck with it now, You can so do it :) xx

Thanks really needed to hear that I no Itl b worth it in long run just needa get my head into it and not give up I'm bridesmaid in October for my sister and I'm far bigger than the other girls so if that dosent motivate me as well as all these success stories I don't no what will. Thanks :)

You're welcome hun, Its hard to get into the 'zone' but inspiration really helps kick you there, and the photos on here gave me a massive boost! I spent hours looking through them and reading the stories. So worth it and we are all strong enough to get there. Lots of support here for you too along the way :) xx

Hello every1!...i start slimming world today afte putting on the pounds over x-mass i average around 10st 7lb and managed to get to 9st 10lb (my lowest ever with wweeight watchers) however i have gone up to 11st 4lb :( now would am determand to get to my ultimate target which i havent been able to do of 9st 7lb/9st 4lb i would be ove moon to get there just wondering if people on slimming world manage it as no offence but i only tend to see larger people at group or hear of them loosing?? im 5ft 8in by the way.

thanks in advance xxxx

If you go on the slimming world forum there are plenty of people on there who have gotten to lower targets similar to what you're aiming for. Its just about being realistic and sensible, with less to lose you're probably gonner lose at a rate of 1-2 pounds a week and perhaps not see losses of 3+ pounds a week some people with more to lose do.

Yes of course! Aslong as that is not too low for your height they will help you reach your goal. Many people on Slimming World are down to 8st or lower for shorter people. It depends a lot on height, i am 5ft 7in and would never aspire to reach 8st as i would look poorly! I have dieted down to 9st a few times but find that 10st is my best so that is my goal :) People of all shapes and sizes are in every kind of diet group, From those only needing to shift the odd few lbs, to those in it for the long run to shift a lot.

Good luck xx

What dress size are u

This is helpful! Lyndsey, we are the same height and when you posted in Jan you were exactly the same weight I am today. I tend to fluctuate between 10st 2 and 11st 8 and vary between a size 10 and 12. I am a 12 bottom and 10 top at mo, but not petite built, and although I exercise alot nd fairly toned I just want to get a little smaller generally ahead of Summer. I have did slimming world many times and it always works for me - last year I lost 16 lb from 11st 8 (my heaviest ever) in 7 weeks and usually after Xmas/hols etc I do it myself (although not as strictly as I do when I go to class) so I have joined back up yesterday to get my head back in to it again.

I have put down my club 10 target as my target (10st 2) and when I reach that if I can I will go past it and move my personal target to 9st something. I always struggle to lose after I get to about 10st 2 - 10st 5. As I had said I exercise a fair bit, and struggle to lose more than either maintaining or at the most .5 every week - its so annoying!!

I would love to hear how you are getting on now as it's April and you posted in Jan!

XX Em

Back