Anyone had a small loss in their first week?

Want2BeSlim

Gold Member
Anyone here have a 'small' loss in their first week? I know everyone is different but I am just curious to see.

I just completed my first week of S&S. I haven't cheated at all, I have been totally 100% with 4 packs a day. I haven't had any of the milk allowance and only had my veg allowance for the past 3 days. I have been drinking nothing but water/flavoured still water from Sainsburys (contains malic acid), although I admit I haven't been drinking nowhere near what is recommended... barely 1 litre a day most days, but I have been trying to make 1.5 litres a day for the past 2 days.

When I started on Saturday last week I weighed 15 stone 9.¼ lbs and I have only managed to lose 4 lbs in my first week. When I did exante TS last year, I managed to lose 7.¾, lbs in my first week! Just a bit disheartened with the 4 lbs. I know it's water weight but expected a bigger loss in my very first week. I'll get over it, I have to! going to keep on going and hope I can still make 14 lbs in my first month.

I started S&S the same time that someone started LL at work. I lost 7 + 3 + 6 in the first 3 weeks, she lost 5 + 5 + 6 so only a pound different to you in the first week. In the end she overtook me though and lost 5 stone about a month ahead of me! :)

Oh, and you need to up the water. Maybe you could have more tea (peppermint, earl grey or whatever) or buy some S&S water flavourings?

I find the more water I drink the more weight I lose - and 1 to 1.5 litres is no where near enough - you will be very dehydrated with that. You should be drinking more than that when eating normal food - which itself contains lots of water.

I find if I don't drink enough water, tea etc I also hold onto no 2's? Or is that jus me!! (sorry for lowering the tone!)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks Bordersgirl, weasey and biggusburdus. I really am trying to up my water more each day. I am going to buy some skimmed milk and drink tea too (I only have a very small amount of milk in tea so the 150 ml should last me a good few cups).

I started S&S the same time that someone started LL at work. I lost 7 + 3 + 6 in the first 3 weeks, she lost 5 + 5 + 6 so only a pound different to you in the first week. In the end she overtook me though and lost 5 stone about a month ahead of me! :)

Oh that is interesting to read. Glad I am not the only one and I'm already telling myself not to worry, I still have another 3 weeks to go until my first month is up. Fingers crossed it will be more than 10 lbs

I think my first week was a 5?
Definately drinking more helps.... I struggle with that more than anything else, but I have noticed it really does make a diffrence.

It could also be lots of other things too... TOM maybe? (for me i'm heavier the week before, another friend during, and another the week after)....

Also... although its not recomended with S&S other VLCD's they say not to eat any bars or anything the first week until your firmly in ketosis

I struggle with that more than anything else, but I have noticed it really does make a diffrence.

Oh I am exactly the same. I have enough time in a day to drink all this water but just can't seem to do it... *SIGH*. So currently it's a little forced, but drinking tea may help.

It could also be lots of other things too... TOM maybe? (for me i'm heavier the week before, another friend during, and another the week after)....

Also... although its not recomended with S&S other VLCD's they say not to eat any bars or anything the first week until your firmly in ketosis

If my cycle doesn't change since starting S&S then TOM will start in about 3 weeks (I have a period every 6 weeks), which will be around my 1 month weigh in :rolleyes:. I also took some senokot to 'empty myself' the night before I weighed in :eek:, since starting I'm hardly going. I was paranoid about the bars for that reason but I did still have one in my first week and omg it was surprisingly quite nice! Luckily I only bought 2 in my 5 week pack so I can't now go overboard with them lol.

Back