Anyone had planned break/slip up

Bellybee

Silver Member
It's my birthday in a few weeks time and i really really want to eat just for the day of my birthday but I know it will make the diet a million times worse, make me gain weight, make me feel bad, knock me out of ketosis etc etc.
So why can't i just say no Lisa you are not eating so get over it.

Hi Lisa

If you're really worried about the after-effects of eating on your birthday, then the simple advice is "Don't do it!"

Your question was whether anyone has had a planned break - and my answer to that is that I've had about half a dozen planned breaks since I began CD 6 months ago - and have still managed to lose just over 6 stone since I started. However, each and every time I've got straight back into sole sourcing immediately afterwards - and not cheated at all until I had my next break.

Yes, you will probably come out of ketosis and have to go through whatever your experience was the first time again, you most probably will put a pound or two on (it's only one day off so unlikely to be much more than that) but that will easily come off again as soon as you go back on the diet.

The most important thing is: if you really do think you'll feel bad about it afterwards, then it isn't worth doing. You'll have loads more birthdays/anniversaries/celebrations to enjoy when you're slim. Remember, this diet isn't forever .. it's merely a means to an end :)

Good luck in whatever you decide, honey.

Hi Lisa,

I am on day 2 of restart after having a 2 week break on holiday. So far so good, I am not finding it difficult. As it is only for one day could you plan your birthday so that it doesn't involve food, i.e. not meals our or the pub etc? Could you treat yourself to a beauty treatment or something else that you enjoy?

Good luck whatever you decide and have a very happy birthday.

Dawn

hi lisa,
i really feel for you,it is not easy when faced with this sort of problem, but are you going to regreat it the next day! i have my wedding ani on wednesday and i was really looking forward to a bottle of wine and a take away but i will just have to have an even bigger bottle when i get to goal!!

Bellybee,

Very difficult one here...you could be like Sharon and get back on the wagon right away...or you could be like me and keep slipping.

It is a bit of a gamble and only you can decide a the end of the day.

I just know if I had not let my chatterbox get the better of me I would of been at goal ages ago...

Found it hard yesterday sitting as everyone tucked into Sunday dinner and walking past bags of nuts today in the shop...

I keep hearing Icemoose saying "keep your eye on the prize":D
Getting to goal will be the best prize ever:) :) :)

Sending hugs and you know I will support whatever decision you decide.

Love Mini xxx

Hiya,

I had my birthday in my second week of LL, hubby's birthday, kids birthdays, weekends away and so on and each time I promised myself a meal of protein and veg but when it got to the day I couldn't bring myself to eat - I had no desire at that point to break the diet (I did on plenty of other days but not at planned times).

I think if you can eat and put a bracket round it then great - I did that last week at the height of my PMT - I was desparate for some homemade lasagna I made - so had two teaspoons and then covered it up and went out to a friends bar b que, ate a pack and drank sparkling water all night. I KNOW without having those two (big) teaspoons of lasagna I would have eaten at the bar b que and probably had a drink or two as I was in "deprived" mode. I haven't had another thing to eat since then and it was very controlled. I didn't loose any weight last week though and did come out of ketosis which took me a couple of days to get back into properly.

Someone else in our group went to a wedding and ate there. She was very controlled, had it planned, knew what she was going to eat and then got straight back into the plan the next day - and hats off to her, she still managed to lose weight that week.

I think what I am trying to say is that you can take a planned break providing it is very controlled and you are determined that you get straight back on to the plan immediately after.

Chicken salad is a very good idea, but... when it comes to it if you dont want it then dont have it, remember there are many more birthdays to come, and youll be happier and healthy for it!
I think what Im trying to say is dont eat for the sake of a special occasion, if you are then plan plan plan!!!

Hi

I know we're all different and you maybe made of stronger stuff than me but....

I took a planned break over Christmas cos we went on holiday and I couldn't face another holiday on packs, I was about a stone off target at that point. 8 months later I'm still about a stone off target!!!! Having lost and gained the sAME 10LB over and over:mad: On reflection taking that break was my worst decision ever as I've never managed to reagain my motivation in quite the same way.

Try and stay strong, there'll be other birthdays.

Hi

I know we're all different and you maybe made of stronger stuff than me but....

I took a planned break over Christmas cos we went on holiday and I couldn't face another holiday on packs, I was about a stone off target at that point. 8 months later I'm still about a stone off target!!!! Having lost and gained the sAME 10LB over and over:mad: On reflection taking that break was my worst decision ever as I've never managed to reagain my motivation in quite the same way.

Try and stay strong, there'll be other birthdays.

Thanks for that honest and heartfelt post cheb. Thant's exactly what I'm scared of and I know we all are very different people but I really wouldn't want to take any risks with this diet.

I discussed this thoroughly with my hubby before I started and decided that as this try was my best ever chance then I had to make the most of it and be selfish about my own needs for 6 months or so.

I personally think that at this stage in my weight loss where I am only about 8lbs or so off my top end healthy BMI the temptation to eat and then say I have done enough and never go back to ssing would be too great for me to bear.:rolleyes:

I bored as hell with this diet and can't wait to get back to setting an example for my 4 year old but another 7 weeks is not so long in the scheme of things.

Back