Anyone having problems concentrating/brain lapse!?

Blodders

All,

I feel off the VLCD wagon for a few days this week after 3 weeks on total food replacement with Exante. Despite drinking lots and lots of water I felt as though I was loosing concentration for a few days and my brain power/ memory had a lapse - this is a problem as I have to use my brain a lot at work. I am back on track now but It worries me as it affects my ability to stick to the diet.. curious to know if others are the same. Any recommendations?

Susan

I had this in my first week, but back up to strength since.
Maybe worth checking with a Dr?

You should be getting enough nutrients on exante, but maybe you can't metabolise the same as those ok on it?

I do tend to prop myself up a lot with caffeine( especially in a morning) lol
have you tried that?

My brain hurts, and I don't start till tomorrow!

Sorry to hear you've had this problem. I do recall on LL having this - I wasn't working at the time and I think I wondered whether I'd have coped.
Is it worth trying to alternate total with another of the "solutions"? Maybe have a small meal on work days in addition to packs, then do total on your days off?

Gald to hear not just me thought it was age :D

I have just completed first week and although memory not bad found i do keep getting some words wrong

I will know what i mean to say but then a random word comes out making my whole sentence sound funny

I also use my brain as most of us do at work and as a social worker need to speak clearly so as you can imagine this can be embarressing
Have spoken to my GP who has sugested I perservere for now and se if it improves on add a meal week

not sure if this helps

Lol

this is deja vue

quite a few said exactly the same thing in our first weeks

can never find the right... Er, ... Worm
no

word

:)

I think Its your brain screaming

WHERE'S THE CARBS!!!

;)

lol. love it, i thought it was just me and cos i've been working nights for last few weeks, i thought maybe it was that, should hear me trying to give handover in the morning...we're all in stitches! have taken to using sign language when i forget a word lol!!!!

My first two weeks were pretty bad - not so much blanking on words, but blurting out what I was thinking without realising I should give some thought to how to say it tactfully. And missing obvious solutions to things. I have improved since then luckily.:)

Is anyone else reacting a bit oddly emotionally? I've heard about the ketosis 'euphoria' and I don't think I've got that, but I find myself feeling quite unaffected by things - just able to say 'oh well' and not be bothered. It's not actually completely pleasant.

Many thanks to everyone for sending in their thoughts..was not sure whether my post would resonate with anyone as I could not find anything on the forum… great to see I am not the only one who has been through this. Thanks for your posts.
Thanks for the recommendation of my doctor – I think I need to change doctors as my current one is not too supportive. I do think that my brain does seem to work better with some carbs in the short term (probably why I got fat in the first place!). I do have loads more energy but find it difficult to concentrate at times. It has been a relief to see others have been through similar, but has been short lived, so I will just plug away for another few weeks and will let you know how I get on. If no good then I may just introduce a low carb meal as part of the plan.

All the best
Susan

Many thanks to everyone for sending in their thoughts..was not sure whether my post would resonate with anyone as I could not find anything on the forum… great to see I am not the only one who has been through this. Thanks for your posts.
Thanks for the recommendation of my doctor – I think I need to change doctors as my current one is not too supportive. I do think that my brain does seem to work better with some carbs in the short term (probably why I got fat in the first place!). I do have loads more energy but find it difficult to concentrate at times. It has been a relief to see others have been through similar, but has been short lived, so I will just plug away for another few weeks and will let you know how I get on. If no good then I may just introduce a low carb meal as part of the plan.

All the best
Susan

Yep _ think I am a definate carb-o- holic (Hello, my name is Maggie & I am a Carboholic - lol )

I can see the patterns
wake up tired, want quick fix carbs to give me strength, same when I get in from being strenuous, my body tells me carbs -its a strange trigger
I now wake myself up with strong coffee-once I get over that hump I am usually OK
its been interesting getting to know my body again :rolleyes:
(I also was a terrible analytical nitty gritty type person when I started exante-my first posts & blogs are full of angst about going to the loo, etc ;) )
but I am pretty laid back & into it now

I too sometimes have problems with concen... oh look, a butterfly...

Back