anyone having success with slimming world despite pcos?

@theonlybonster86 I'm getting a lot of sickness and hot flashes, good to hear its not giving you any side effects though, that's ace! and thank you for the advice, i'll keep that in mind :) i'm slightly scared, I've heard the cramping can be quite bad, and scared of the results.....I might have to follow suit and get some pizza afterwards :p a day off plan might be needed! I hope the metformin goes well for you hun, and SW! You're doing so well :)

@theonlybonster86 I'm getting a lot of sickness and hot flashes, good to hear its not giving you any side effects though, that's ace! and thank you for the advice, i'll keep that in mind :) i'm slightly scared, I've heard the cramping can be quite bad, and scared of the results.....I might have to follow suit and get some pizza afterwards :p a day off plan might be needed! I hope the metformin goes well for you hun, and SW! You're doing so well :)

Hey. I've only just seen this for some reason. How are you getting on now? I hope the procedure went well if you've had it.

HI, I'm 24, was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 11, I've always lost 2 or 3 lbs & doing nothing different the following week put 5 or 6 back on. I never ate rubbish, I would snack constantly on cucumber & carrots, didn't use much oil or if I did was only a teaspoon (measured out) yet I was always the 'fat' one. When I started working after a year of walking 4 miles daily, eating at regular times I lost 2 stone, I walked out of work as my mum needed me & I'm her full time carer (was working as home care too). I started gaining weight & put what I lost plus an extra stone on. It wouldn't shift no matter what I did, back in May the love of my life & I broke up, 2 days later I found out not only was I pregnant but had lost the baby (5th pregnancy I've lost). I was beginning to give up plus I'd been weighed while at hospital & was 20 stone 2 lbs, which meant in a year I'd put an extra 3 & half stone on!!!
Anyways my friend & I started SW 6 weeks ago, & I'm now 1.5lbs off a stone & have had SOTW twice!!
I was following SW 110% but last couple of weeks I've slightly gone over my weekly syns (by 20-30) & I've come out with better weight losses. So I don't know.
I've cut out bread completely & load up on speed fruit & veg where a meal asks for 1 onion I'll put 2 maybe even 3 in etc.
I was reading how men get an extra so many syns but also a woman over a certain weight gets slightly more.
Im not sure if I fit into this but the weeks I've eaten slightly over I've had better losses.
Then again before I joined SW (when I was still with my boyfriend) I'd not eat for 3 or 4 days (some days not even drink) then have dominos, takeaway or shed loads of bread for a day or 2 then go again not eating I'd occasionally have proper meals but it was more convenience food due to us driving from mine to his (110 miles away) every weekend so would stop off at the services or order in when we got back. So I think maybe for me I need that extra 5 syns a day??

I can honestly say though SW has been amazing!!! It's been extremely difficult but when I was awarded my half a stone certificate I knew I could do it & if I can do it ANYONE can!!
I've started walking more & cut out my cola for water. Stopped eating bread & have salads instead. Also I've done alot of the converting, so from full fat mayo to lighter than light, can now eat strawberries without tablespoons of sugar :D

I think everyone is different, just give it 100% & try to have someone a friend a family member who can support you along the way, if you're on Facebook there are loads of groups, also this site seems really frendily too :).
I started with my friend & was jealous that she got her half stone cert 2 weeks in but now as she's been busy, had stuff personally going on & not following it she's gained 2.5lbs in a week, we sat down & spoke & she's back on plan as I was there to support her (once she opened up) like she did for me 6 weeks ago with everything I had going on.

Good luck on your journey, if you believe in yourself you can do it .

Oh also a big help for me is bulk cooking meals & writing down on a Sunday night what meals to have during the week.
My SW consultant said best thing to do is plan.

Sorry I've babbled on, just I've never come accross anyone else who also sufferes with PCOS, felt like the only one :/ x

HI, I'm 24, was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 11, I've always lost 2 or 3 lbs & doing nothing different the following week put 5 or 6 back on. I never ate rubbish, I would snack constantly on cucumber & carrots, didn't use much oil or if I did was only a teaspoon (measured out) yet I was always the 'fat' one. When I started working after a year of walking 4 miles daily, eating at regular times I lost 2 stone, I walked out of work as my mum needed me & I'm her full time carer (was working as home care too). I started gaining weight & put what I lost plus an extra stone on. It wouldn't shift no matter what I did, back in May the love of my life & I broke up, 2 days later I found out not only was I pregnant but had lost the baby (5th pregnancy I've lost). I was beginning to give up plus I'd been weighed while at hospital & was 20 stone 2 lbs, which meant in a year I'd put an extra 3 & half stone on!!!
Anyways my friend & I started SW 6 weeks ago, & I'm now 1.5lbs off a stone & have had SOTW twice!!
I was following SW 110% but last couple of weeks I've slightly gone over my weekly syns (by 20-30) & I've come out with better weight losses. So I don't know.
I've cut out bread completely & load up on speed fruit & veg where a meal asks for 1 onion I'll put 2 maybe even 3 in etc.
I was reading how men get an extra so many syns but also a woman over a certain weight gets slightly more.
Im not sure if I fit into this but the weeks I've eaten slightly over I've had better losses.
Then again before I joined SW (when I was still with my boyfriend) I'd not eat for 3 or 4 days (some days not even drink) then have dominos, takeaway or shed loads of bread for a day or 2 then go again not eating I'd occasionally have proper meals but it was more convenience food due to us driving from mine to his (110 miles away) every weekend so would stop off at the services or order in when we got back. So I think maybe for me I need that extra 5 syns a day??

I can honestly say though SW has been amazing!!! It's been extremely difficult but when I was awarded my half a stone certificate I knew I could do it & if I can do it ANYONE can!!
I've started walking more & cut out my cola for water. Stopped eating bread & have salads instead. Also I've done alot of the converting, so from full fat mayo to lighter than light, can now eat strawberries without tablespoons of sugar :D

I think everyone is different, just give it 100% & try to have someone a friend a family member who can support you along the way, if you're on Facebook there are loads of groups, also this site seems really frendily too :).
I started with my friend & was jealous that she got her half stone cert 2 weeks in but now as she's been busy, had stuff personally going on & not following it she's gained 2.5lbs in a week, we sat down & spoke & she's back on plan as I was there to support her (once she opened up) like she did for me 6 weeks ago with everything I had going on.

Good luck on your journey, if you believe in yourself you can do it .

Oh also a big help for me is bulk cooking meals & writing down on a Sunday night what meals to have during the week.
My SW consultant said best thing to do is plan.

Sorry I've babbled on, just I've never come accross anyone else who also sufferes with PCOS, felt like the only one :/ x

Hello Koala-Jade_2016, SW is brilliant isn't it? I'm doing it with my husband too. We have lost over 5 stone together :) I have PCOS and hypothyroid so was surprised that it worked for me. We ate a lot of convenience food and takeaways, chocolate, sweets etc. I need to plan our meals more and bulk prepare / cook but it never happens :D Hope you are well x

Hello Koala-Jade_2016, SW is brilliant isn't it? I'm doing it with my husband too. We have lost over 5 stone together :) I have PCOS and hypothyroid so was surprised that it worked for me. We ate a lot of convenience food and takeaways, chocolate, sweets etc. I need to plan our meals more and bulk prepare / cook but it never happens :D Hope you are well x

Hi, that's amazing. SW really is great, I never thought it would work especially when I sat there week 2 my friend getting her half a stone certificate & I was on 3 lbs lost then the next week again not having it. I was getting down again saying to myself it's never going to work I'm jus going to be fat for life but when I went week 4 id got my certificate, I actually excused myself went to the toilets & cried for like 10 minutes. Was soo chuffed with myself. Then with in the next 2 weeks I'm 1.5lbs off a stone. Just hope I've done it when I go in on Thursday, sort of fallen off the wagon a bit with personal issues going on not over syned, I just haven't been having my 3 meals a day plus snacks.

Bulk cooking really has helped me as days when I just can't be bothered all I need to do is get a tub out of the freezer in the morning then whack it on the microwave at tea time. I normally spend my day Sunday cooking 2 or 3 meals purely for freezing & because I add extra onions & mushrooms I can make a 4 serving meal do 6 sometimes even 8 :D.
It's just fitting it in to your week if you're busy. Now I'm single :'( I've got alot of time on my hands :(. x

Attachments

• 20160721_190842.jpg
    20160721_190842.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 11
Does anyone have an update??

When I first posted (Early 2016) My Star weeks were fairly haywire. I could be a week late and bleed for 2 weeks. then nothing for 2/3 months.

Now 3 1/2 stone down and I think I'm starting to level out. HOWEVER, If I have a big gain (anything over 3lb) or a big loss (4/5lb) It really screws up my cycles. They get delayed or even come early at times and I can bleed for anywhere between 2 and 14/16days. I know its just my body adjusting and it certainly is weight related although my PCOS was always led to believe it wasn't as I've suffered from about 15/16 and I was a slim Jimmie.

I still double carb most days OOPS, however, i didn't today and may try extend that for this week and see how close to my 4 stone award I can creep. xD

Back