anyone having success with slimming world despite pcos?

I've lost 3stone with slimming world in 5 months! I think it works with it as it is low sugar. Also the fact we can't have processed food with contain high sugar content aswell as who knows what else definitely helps. Good luck & keep going x

Wow, that's a fantastic loss. I need to loose 4st and have PCOS. I really hope it works for me too. You must be really proud of yourself x

Do you find fruit slows down your weight loss? I know fruit is a free food, but with all this talk of sugars and carbs and PCOS, I'm not sure whether to limit my fruit intake :/
Any advice?

Bananas definitely slow my down, haven't really noticed it with any other fruits but them. x

I eat quite a lot of fruit. Maybe I'd lose faster if I didn't, but it keeps me off the chocolate (sometimes). I don't like bananas though.

Hi I've just seen this post and for anyone else reading in later on I thought I would add a comment! My sister and I both have PCOS And we have joined slimming world. I lost 4.5lb in the first week and my sister lost 5lb in her first week. Really hope this helps, I think slimming world really works for pcos but it helps if you reduce you carb intake!

jen x

I have PCOS and have lost 9lb in my first 2wks on slimming world :)

Hey Karen!

Yes I've got PCOS and lots of weight to shift. I tried on SW three years ago and was so good on green days but lost hardly anything nothing or .5lbs a week and became demotivated.

THIS time round I'm on metformin for PCOS and doing extra easy. best advice? eat more! I eat so much more than before (lots of varied veggies with each meal some salad and regular meals too). Lost 10.5lbs over last 5 weeks. Finding I can lose 2.5 a week by being 'pretty good' and am full not craving or starving myself.

Good luck, hope it works for you too xxx

Hey Karen!

Yes I've got PCOS and lots of weight to shift. I tried on SW three years ago and was so good on green days but lost hardly anything nothing or .5lbs a week and became demotivated.

THIS time round I'm on metformin for PCOS and doing extra easy. best advice? eat more! I eat so much more than before (lots of varied veggies with each meal some salad and regular meals too). Lost 10.5lbs over last 5 weeks. Finding I can lose 2.5 a week by being 'pretty good' and am full not craving or starving myself.

Good luck, hope it works for you too xxx

That's really good to know. I could lose on green but had trouble maintaining. When I was on metformin I noticed quite a difference and also was able to maintain a fair amount even if not on plan so long as I wasn't eating silly foods. Forgetting to take metformin for a while alongside being off plan has been terrible for me. I'm back on the meds but maybe I need to start trying extra easy to help me along

Hey ladies,
I have pcos and attempting to start slimming world, (from home and not going to group) I've been the same weight now for 4 years and wanting to try for a baby this year. So thought it's about time I do something about it.
All your success story's are really motivating. :)
I've noticed not many people have commented on this post for a while. Is anyone with pcos doing slimming world at the mo that comes on here that maybe has some hints and tips to share?
Jen x

Hey ladies,
I have pcos and attempting to start slimming world, (from home and not going to group) I've been the same weight now for 4 years and wanting to try for a baby this year. So thought it's about time I do something about it.
All your success story's are really motivating. :)
I've noticed not many people have commented on this post for a while. Is anyone with pcos doing slimming world at the mo that comes on here that maybe has some hints and tips to share?
Jen x

Hello there! I've not done it for a while and am planning to start group soon as I was really lacking motivation. From what I have heard and done, it is defo possible. I would have suggested red days (though I lost on green ) but have heard that the plans have changed now. Hopefully will update more after I attend group. Good luck!!

I have PCOS and have been successful in the past on SW. Before i had my boys i had to lose around 3 stone for IVF/my wedding and did this on SW. I eat loads and i need carbs so it's not something i would ever be able to cut out xx

Maybe this is where I'm going wrong. I did this about 13 years ago- green days the vast majority of times - and I still lost weight. This time around, it's just not budging. Do you think it could be the carbs?

I lost just under 4 stone on SW despite having PCOS, I decided to start it as me and OH did eventually want to start TTC. I fell pregnant in August and due to have my little girl on the 1st May.

Doing SW and having PCOS is possible, yes it's slower but you're more likely to keep the weight off the slower you lose. I did tend to stick to red days when I did it (no carbs) but I did throw in a few EE/green days when I felt hungry .Xx

Hi I have pcos. I was diagnosed in my teens. I've tried everything over the years to loose weight and nothing worked for me. It took over three years ttc before I fell pregnant. DD is now 2. I joined SW the end of August last year and I have lost 4st 4.5 so far. I love it and feel like a new person. I have not limited carbs or fruit at all and have just stuck to the extra easy plan. Currently ttc#2 and hoping it won't take as long this time with my weight loss

Resurrecting this thread in case anyone is still around.... I have PCOS and I lost 2 stone in 2o13 at Slimming World (needed to lose 4 but I fell pregnant, yay, so the weight went back on, boooo!) I was on metformin at the time which definitely aided a quicker weightloss IMO.
I rejoined SW after baby came along, but now that I'm no longer on Metformin, weightloss is so slow. I have managed to lose around 1 stone in about 18 months, but in the last three weeks, when ive actually been trying my hardest and sticking to plan religiously, I have constantly maintained.

I have no idea what to do - I do find that I'm craving carbs less than I was before, but even cutting them out is not helping with my weightloss. I am on the verge of going back to the doctor to ask for metformin again but as I am not TTC they are unlikely to prescribe it, plus I don't actually want to be taking medication unnecessarily. I am just finding that PCOS is a right battle at the moment - on all other fronts, it's under control but the fact that I can't lose weight is horrible as I've still got four stone to lose.

I've been on Slimming world for 4 weeks now and i've lost 9 1/2 lbs so far. I've also had a natural period this week, which is very rare for me, so already it seems to be helping with the dreaded pcos! I lost quite slowly the first few weeks, but I wasn't having many daily syns, I never dared have more than a few as I was too scared it would stop me losing. It sounds crazy but I upped my syns to around 10 a day this past 2 weeks and have found since i've done that, the weight is coming off quicker. I'm on extra easy, but I do tend to watch my carbs a bit and just avoid massive portions of carbs, and try and stick to brown rice and pasta wherever possible. With fruit I try and stick to speed fruits like berries, apples and oranges. I don't have cheat meals or ever go over my daily syns. I think people without pcos can get away with this occasionally and still lose, but unfortunately we have to be more strict with ourselves. I'm prepared for a few weeks where I won't lose much or stay the same, maybe even put on now and again, but I think persistance is key. It has to come off eventually if you keep doing all the right things x

Hey ladies, only just joined minimins so glad there is a PCOS Forum!

Ive had pcos for as long as i can remember easily before i turned 16 there was symptons but never really noticed or bothered.
Today was my 5th Weigh in and to date ive lost 1st 2lb! Lost 6lb the first week, last week however i only lost 1.. ONLY haha i really should use that word. I havn't been taking my metformin for a few months but i do intend to get things back into check with it and start taking it regular again.. if it helps me drop a few pounds then even better! This week i want to try and have a SP day or two and lean off the carbs in order to boost weigh lost. Partner has lost 1st 10lb in the same time and that bugs the heck out of me haha she does have hyperthyroidism mind which helps lose it and she doesnt have PCOS so shes lucky!

Any tips will be taken onboard Good luck for the week ahead x

Back