Anyone here that's 12 stone around 5'7 height?

I am 5ft 7in and I started at 15st 2lbs. at my lowest which was 13st 12lbs I was in 16 bottoms but my top is small so I get into 14 tops but maintain an 16-18 bottom between 15st and 14st. I've done alot more exercise before I started so I am a bit more toned than I was before my restart. It depends on your body shape and the muscle mass that you have. By BMI suggests I should be 11st 4lbs but I know I will be comfortable at 12st 7lbs. We'll see how this goes.

I think you should stop when you are really happy with the size you are even if that is fitting comfortably in a size 12.

D

I am 5'6" and started CD at
- 12st 4lbs. size 14 top, 16 bottom.

I am now about
- 11st 8lbs and in a 14 top and bottom.

I dont know what weight i want to be or what size but I know how I want to look. I think maybe about 10st 7lbs will be right for me this was my pre-children weight when i was a standard size 12.

Go by how you feel - not clothes size or weight.:)

Hey, I am 5ft 7 and exactly 12 stone!
I am pleased to tell you I am a size 12! I even have some dresses/tops that are a size 10 but i have a small bust.
I think it just depends on how your weight is distributed, it surprises me that people at the same height and weight can have such a large clothes size difference! I think as long as youre happy with how you look at feel the size on the label is irrelevant x

Also, at my lowest weight I have been 11stone exactly, where at 5ft'7 I wore a size 8 prom dress and my day to day clothes were 8s/10s, this was too thin for me and i didn't like being boney - my collar bone really stuck out as did my hip bones and ribs.

It's so strange because at 5'10" & at my lowest of 10st 3lbs I was a ten on top & a 14 bottom. The classic pear shape!

cor this is an old thread but interesting to me as im 5ft7 + was thinking the same thing. Im currently a size 20 (15st10) from memory im a comfy size 18 at 14+half-15st, a comfy size 16 from 13st-14st + i was a size 14 once yearssss ago + have no idea what i weighed.. i think about 12st-12+half! So i was thinking what size i would be at my goal weight of 11st?? im hoping a size 12 that would be amazing :) anyone 5ft7 + 11st now?? would be good to know x

Great thread, I'm also 5.7 but just over 14st,
16 bottoms and 20 tops ( big bust ) Can't wait to get to 12 stone but 11 will be even better :)

No but i wish i bloody was lol! xx

I started at 15 and a half and am today 12 and a half, I went from a size 18 bottoms to size 14, and size 16 top to a 14/12.

I'm back to lose another stone and want to maintain at around 11 and a half to 12 and no more than a size 14!!!!

But more than anything I needed to get my BMI down for IVF treatment which is what I've achieved and we start in a few weeks :)

Xx

I am 5ft 7 and used to be a size 16 when I was 12 stones. Ten years on I am now 13.7 and size 16 bottom and 18 top. I have just bought Dorothy Perkins size 14 jeans and they fit though a little snug. I therefore have no idea what size I will be at 12 stones now.

I have also been wondering this.. i started at 20st and a size 20 bottom and 22 top im now 14st12lb and a size 16-18 top and a 16 bottom (very loose around by butt and thighs) i am a bloody apple shape so i have the larger than life belly =/ My goal is 11 stone and i am hoping to be a size 12 so if im not a size 12 i think im gona lower my goal weigh but saying that i just wana feel happy and comfy in my own skin and i wana have some curves cant picture myself with bones sticking out

This thread is fascinating because people with the same height and weight have totally different clothes sizes!! I've always thought I was heavy on the 'inside' (as well as the outside!!) - I'm 5'7 and at my lowest I was 12.7 stone and I was a 12/14 bottom and 12 top. At my biggest at 18.5 I was size 20 all round. I'm currently 14.3 and size 16/18 bottom (it really does depend on the shop - damn those sizes!) and 14/16 top. My goal has always been 12.7 cuz I'm happy with 12/14, but that is a whole stone over my healthy BMI! Just shows we are all made differently - I must have some darn heavy bones or something. In fact I'm 5'7 which I don't think is that tall really, but I have big wrists and fairly broad shoulders I think so maybe that's why. Anyway, fascinating!

This thread is fascinating because people with the same height and weight have totally different clothes sizes!! I've always thought I was heavy on the 'inside' (as well as the outside!!) - I'm 5'7 and at my lowest I was 12.7 stone and I was a 12/14 bottom and 12 top. At my biggest at 18.5 I was size 20 all round. I'm currently 14.3 and size 16/18 bottom (it really does depend on the shop - damn those sizes!) and 14/16 top. My goal has always been 12.7 cuz I'm happy with 12/14, but that is a whole stone over my healthy BMI! Just shows we are all made differently - I must have some darn heavy bones or something. In fact I'm 5'7 which I don't think is that tall really, but I have big wrists and fairly broad shoulders I think so maybe that's why. Anyway, fascinating!

D'oh just realised this is the Cambridge diet forum!!!!!- I had googled '12 stone' and this link came up! then I assumed it was just in the main minimins section!!!

Last edited:
Amelie24 said:
Hey,

Not sure if this thread is really old or not now! It is really bizarre that sizes are so different, you're obviously a very slim-looking 12 and a half-stoner! I'm 5 foot 6, 12 stone 5 ish and a size 16!

xx

Hi... Just been reading through this.... I'm 12 stone 2 now and a size 14-16... My CDC said I'll be at 'normal bmi' at 11 stone 2 but I'm guessing I won't even be in a 12 then!

Ive set my goal for 10 stone, which hopefully will be a size 10? But if I need to lose more by tht point I think I will until I'm happy...

I think it's because my legs and arms arnt big at all... It's my stomache that holds all my weight!!

How long have u been on this diet hun? X

sw: 13.13 w1:13.4 w2:13.0 w3:12.9 w4:12.5 w5:12.2

4stone2go_xx said:
Hi... Just been reading through this.... I'm 12 stone 2 now and a size 14-16... My CDC said I'll be at 'normal bmi' at 11 stone 2 but I'm guessing I won't even be in a 12 then!

Ive set my goal for 10 stone, which hopefully will be a size 10? But if I need to lose more by tht point I think I will until I'm happy...

I think it's because my legs and arms arnt big at all... It's my stomache that holds all my weight!!

How long have u been on this diet hun? X

Oh I'm 5ft 6 (and a half)! Lol

You should have a look at http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html as you can see pictures of bodies based on height weight and even shape. I'm slightly addicted to it as it helps me get a feel for what I'll look like once I hit my target... It also motivates me to keep going. I am having a few tough days so need it!

blondcarrot said:
You should have a look at http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html as you can see pictures of bodies based on height weight and even shape. I'm slightly addicted to it as it helps me get a feel for what I'll look like once I hit my target... It also motivates me to keep going. I am having a few tough days so need it!

This is great :-D just looked at it thanks hun! I thought I was the only 1 with my type body... Ok size legs n arms n this huge sagging belly.... Makes me feel I'm not alone hhaaaha. Xx

4stone2go_xx said:
This is great :-D just looked at it thanks hun! I thought I was the only 1 with my type body... Ok size legs n arms n this huge sagging belly.... Makes me feel I'm not alone hhaaaha. Xx

Glad to hear it was useful. Xxx

Hey,

This will be my 7th week I think! You've lost an amazing amount in 5 weeks! When I wrote my post I didn't realise this was the Cambridge diet section! I'd googled '12 stone' and this link came up & I imagined it was in the main minimins area.

I've not been losing that quickly because I'm on slimming world, so it's slower than a VLCD- I've gone from 13 stone 2.5 to about 12 stone 5/6 (weigh-in tonight eek!). I think I'm quite small boned too and a sort of peary/hourglass shape- I felt quite good when I was 10 stone 7 and a size 12 but I'm aiming at 9 stoneish eventually tho I'll be very happy when I get to 10 stone! I think 10 stone would be about a 10/12 for small/medium frame but it depends on other things I guess!

How's your week going?

xx

Last edited:
Back