Anyone in the 10 stones trying to get into the 9's??!!

My problem is my tummy, luckily I think I disguise it well. I thank my mother for making me hourglass lol.
I think BMI is stupid because everyone looks different at different weights. I weigh a stone more than my auntie yet we are in the same clothes!!!

Defo, unfortunetly its what to docs go by. I am double jointed, especially in the middle on my back, the docs said this was due to me been overweight (obese they said!!) and wont do anything until I am in a healthy bmi. To be BMI 25 I need to be 9 1/2 stone which would mean loosing another 18lbs but Im already 10/12 and my hips are a little bit sticky out so not sure. I just wanna get my tummy flat and thinner thighs!!!

lilprincessvic said:
Defo, unfortunetly its what to docs go by. I am double jointed, especially in the middle on my back, the docs said this was due to me been overweight (obese they said!!) and wont do anything until I am in a healthy bmi. To be BMI 25 I need to be 9 1/2 stone which would mean loosing another 18lbs but Im already 10/12 and my hips are a little bit sticky out so not sure. I just wanna get my tummy flat and thinner thighs!!!

Flat tummy and thinner thighs is my aim too. Although my mum tells me I have always had chubby thighs so not sure I'll be able to do much about them.

How lovely to be told that lol, When I am doing my exercise I do 20 mins of cardio, 50 crunches, 50 reverse crunches and legs lifts on each side. I try do this each day so that I am burning fat then working my stomach and legs. I think it is helping!

Whoops guys!! I GAINED 3.5lb this week!! But it's all yay Okay because it was a planned week off plan after reaching T last week so lots of celebrating, eating the wrong things and feeling yucky and bloated as a result, I am looking forward to correcting the damage this week and then after that gradually chipping away towards my new revised Target!! The good news is that I'm still in the 10s (by the skin of my teeth!!!)X

Sounds like you had fun celebrating anyway! I always feel rubbish after eating the wrong things too-sooooo tired, i dont know how i used to function!

1.5lbs off for me so now 10 11.5

would love to be 10 7 before my hols - 4 WIS to go so doable, but October is a bad month for me with loads of birthdays which could scupper my plans

I have just been told I am wasting away by someone. Do people think that sounds like a compliment??? She always told me not to loose anymore. I really dont think I look that skinny. Im comfortably in a 12 now with some items of 10 clothing. I still have a belly and I still have fat thighs so why would I stop??? Its very annoying!

probably someone who is jealous and unhappy with their own weight...you should stop when YOU are ready!

I have been weighing 9.13 at home - haven't been able to make it to group last week but really would be so great to see that big "9" on the official scales, as mine seem to vary wildly.....here's hoping I can break that barrier on Thursday WI!!

I have just been told I am wasting away by someone. Do people think that sounds like a compliment??? She always told me not to loose anymore. I really dont think I look that skinny. Im comfortably in a 12 now with some items of 10 clothing. I still have a belly and I still have fat thighs so why would I stop??? Its very annoying!

hiya I get the same from mother in law I just agree to keep the peace and quiet then do my own thing or if in a bad mood say yes Im doing really well its just positively failling off me - good isnt it - never fails to annoy back.

This is what annoys me so much about some GPs!! BMI is just a guide for us to see approximately what we should aim for! It's not set in stone as we're all so different!! Matthew Pinsent the rower apparently has a BMI WAY above the top of the healthy range, because of all the muscle!! I'm not saying you're 'MuscleWoman' or anything but if you feel that 18lb would be too much for you to lose then surely that counts for something!! They say that waist measurement is actually a better and more realistic indication of health! They say a waist measurement of under 32 (for women) massively reduces risks of health problems!

Found this article that you may find interesting!

BBC - Health: BMI

my waist is 28 now as well-first time i measured when i had already lost 3st is was 38. Just counted up what ive lost since then and its 37 inches!!! Yikes

ninnins said:
my waist is 28 now as well-first time i measured when i had already lost 3st is was 38. Just counted up what ive lost since then and its 37 inches!!! Yikes

That's brilliant Nins! What an acheivement! XxX

Back