Anyone in the 12's want to get into the 11's?

a very indulgent christmas had here! i'm hanging on to the 12's by the skin of my teeth!! Now that all distractions are out of the way until my holiday in July. I'm really determined to get back down to the weight I was this time last year (11st 4lbs) and then some more on top of that because I feel so terrible at the minute.

How is everyone else getting on?

Hi all, happy new year. I'm in the 12s but want to get in the 10s! I had a baby 6 weeks ago and I was in the 14s with my whopper (9 lb 5.5), I put on 3 1/2 stone but I've lost 2 stone without even trying & now I'm stuck.. I want to lose another 2 1/2 stone x

Hi guys happy new yr:)
Well im defo no way near 11's now!
Was bridesmaid at weddin on Thursday I felt like a lump compared to the other 2!
Sis got engaged Stephens day and guess who's chief bridesmaid! Ughhhh
I'm actually goin be doing meal replacement diets for month or so to get me started with my weight loss but il be loggin on here aswel hope ya don mind!

Happy new year!!
MrsMoose that's lovely news about your sister. I bet you'll look great and have a fab time at the wedding!
Had my first weigh in of the new year today and 4 and 1/2 off over Christmas/New Year. I had been weighing myself over the couple of weeks off so I wasn't surprised by the result, but I am surprised that I used my weeklies (for extra Christmas eating lol) and still lost: I normally never touch them, unless I accidentally screw up pointing something, so I was surprised to get a fairly decent loss. Going to have to try harder this week though - I haven't been good lately!
Have to say though, meeting was absolutely HEAVING this week - lots of new members, standing room only! Didn't really get a chance to meet any of them since it was their first but hopefully they're nice :)

Hello m'dears! It's lovely to see you all back! I am taking a step sideways like you Mrs moose - dabbling with slimming world which I've always avoided before! I'm hoping you'll put up with me visiting though because I'd miss you all badly if I was banished to SW only! Ah the joys of a good Christmas and the sorrows of getting fat as a pig as a result!

Sparkle1978 said:
Hey you.
Great to see you back too!
Slimming world is fab from what I've heard. I tried it a few years ago but I think it's changed quite a bit with the extra easy option they've introduced. I did consider it to help control my weight gain in pregnancy but I've decided to try and adapt weight watchers and do it as maintenance with some extra points in the last trimester. I'm going to try and do a majority of days as filling and healthy. So kind of like slimming world.
Have you joined a slimming world class? You definitely have to keep popping on here. I will be :)

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Yes I joined a class last Tues but I honestly don't think I've lost any weight at all. I had friends over at the weekend and I did a SW friendly curry but there's not much leeway on the plan for an evening like that so I ended up massively over my syns. Don't think I've really got the hang of it yet. I just felt like I needed a change to get me going but really there's no magic answer. They all work if you stick to them! It's probably much the same as filling and healthy and it certainly is very healthy. You can't avoid at least 5 of your 5 a day
Are you ok sickness wise and tirednesswise? (just invented a new word) I admire anyone who can control weight in pregnancy because I was rubbish at it!

glimmeringwings said:
Happy new year!!
MrsMoose that's lovely news about your sister. I bet you'll look great and have a fab time at the wedding!
Had my first weigh in of the new year today and 4 and 1/2 off over Christmas/New Year. I had been weighing myself over the couple of weeks off so I wasn't surprised by the result, but I am surprised that I used my weeklies (for extra Christmas eating lol) and still lost: I normally never touch them, unless I accidentally screw up pointing something, so I was surprised to get a fairly decent loss. Going to have to try harder this week though - I haven't been good lately!
Have to say though, meeting was absolutely HEAVING this week - lots of new members, standing room only! Didn't really get a chance to meet any of them since it was their first but hopefully they're nice :)
Wow! And again- Wow! Unfortunately I think I took your weight and put it on round my lumpy tum. It's not pirty..That's brilliant to lose over Christmas Well done

MrsMoose said:
I ordered the new you packs! I just need a kick start and then bac to ww!

Mrs moose how's it going? Have you started yet? Could be just the thing to get you up and going. You seem to get fast results with it - good month to try it too when there's not so much going on when is your sister's wedding?

Hi all, happy new year. I'm in the 12s but want to get in the 10s! I had a baby 6 weeks ago and I was in the 14s with my whopper (9 lb 5.5), I put on 3 1/2 stone but I've lost 2 stone without even trying & now I'm stuck.. I want to lose another 2 1/2 stone x
Sorry! Nearly missed you there! Welcome! I'd love to be in the 10's too but I've a way to go. Still - got to start somewhere! Good luck with it. Are you starting WW?

Sparkle1978 said:
Do they let you carry syns forward still for a night out etc on slimming world? I had a look but it didn't seem you could this anymore which put me off it lol
Well done making slimming world friendly food with friends over. That's fab! I bet you'll see a loss :)
I'm going to try and control the weight gain but I may fail! Never managed it before so it could just be a phase for a week or so! I haven't stopped eating since Christmas! Lol Started today so we'll see. I'm doing a diary in the simply filling section on here to see if that encourages me to be good.
I've not had much sickness at all. The tiredness is reslky bad some days. I keep falling asleep if my husband puts a film on to watch lol Hopefully that'll pass soon. I'm back to work next week which I'm dreading but it's only until the end of February.
Hope weigh in goes well for you tomorrow :) x

This is my 4th attempt to post! Don't know if you can carry syns so I'm going to ask tomorrow - certainly don't think they encourage it! I've struggled with it the last few days - felt a bit discouraged by overdoing it at the weekend and kind of gave up. My main problem is keeping my mind in the right place. I'm going to go to class tomorrow and see how we go.
I really sympathise with the tiredness, I remember it very well! Not easy when you have the others to look after too. What age is your eldest? Good luck with work tomorrow! At least its not for long!

Omg u are so brave havin d babies so close! I had mine in 2004 2009 2010 it's nice havin d 2 young ones so close they are like twins but trust me wasn't planned that way lol

There's 6.5 years between our eldest and youngest and I have to say its hectic! But the 4 of them are very close and it's great. They also argue constantly! Your age gap is even smaller. You are a brave woman indeed! But it will be truly fantastic and never ever dull!!

Hi everyone, hope you dont mind me reappearing, I actually started this thread and then totally fell off the wagon. I lost all my confidence in WW after sts one week and went back to SW as I'd previously lost 5 stone on that diet (slowly but surely) but then as SW really didnt offer any flexibility for lots of social eating with friends over Christmas I totally fell off the wagon and then went to NYC. Now back on the wagon, and literally just out of the 12s at 13 2.5 after losing 5.5 lbs this week.

Decided to stick to WW as whilst losses were small they seemed to be consistent everyweek and still allowed me to eat out with work and friends quite a bit. I'm aiming for the 11s but would ultimately like to get into the 10s. Hope your all doing well x

MaybeImAmazed said:
Hi everyone, hope you dont mind me reappearing, I actually started this thread and then totally fell off the wagon. I lost all my confidence in WW after sts one week and went back to SW as I'd previously lost 5 stone on that diet (slowly but surely) but then as SW really didnt offer any flexibility for lots of social eating with friends over Christmas I totally fell off the wagon and then went to NYC. Now back on the wagon, and literally just out of the 12s at 13 2.5 after losing 5.5 lbs this week.

Decided to stick to WW as whilst losses were small they seemed to be consistent everyweek and still allowed me to eat out with work and friends quite a bit. I'm aiming for the 11s but would ultimately like to get into the 10s. Hope your all doing well x
Hello again! I've sneaked off to SW but still lurking about here It's just trying to find what suits you isn't it? Hope your return to ww goes well for you I'm sure it will and it sounds like you need the flexibility
By some miracle I had my first weighin at SW and lost 2.5! Asked about carrying syns and basically she said not encouraged but you could use additional flexible syns... not madly clear so I've decided to give myself a weekly allowance - look at me turning SW into WW!

Sparkle1978 said:
Aww your family sounds lovely. If you had asked me years ago how many children I'd have I'd of said 2 max but once I'd had 2 I knew I wanted more. My husband always wanted lots! Lol
Good luck for weigh in :)
I'm really liking the healthy and filling so far. I seem to be craving junk a lot less already. Very strange for me! Lol x

How was your first day back at work?

Sparkle1978 said:
First day back is Tuesday. They really annoyed me yesterday though when they rang me. I've told them I'm resigning from the end of Feb but they were were trying to persuade me to resign from Monday. I would love to but another month will pay off my last bit of debt on my credit card. Then I'm debt free. Anyway I told them I'd think about it then emailed them happily saying see them Tuesday!Not happy about them trying to pressure me into that. They should be glad I haven't just gone sick like nearly all my colleagues have done when they've been pregnant. Sorry for the ramble but I feel better for it lol
How are you? Was weigh in ok? :)

Sorry! I got confused and thought you were back to work yesterday! I think you can end up feeling strangely guilty for career plans made because of children. If you were resigning from your job to go to another one you wouldn't feel bad about giving a resignation date and sticking to it. I felt guilty about maternity leaves too which is madness -and I haven't had time off sick for 12 years.

2lb off last friday so that 12st 12.5lbs hoping for another 2 this week. Would love to be 12st for 1st March for my sisters 21st birthday.

Hope everyone is keeping well heading towards the 11's :)

MaybeImAmazed said:

Hi. I am the same weight as u and just wanted to know how many of your weeklies did you use to get that loss.

Back