Anyone in the 22s ....

Hey girls, I'm a pretty similar starting weight with similar amounts too loose so I'll join this thread if that's ok.

Heavyist of 24,7 and I got on the sclaes today and I'm 23,13...out of 24's so I got to cross it off my list but sadly I felt absolutly nothing good for it.

I wonder what will make me feel better about losing weight.

Sigh, sorry my post is not more cheerfull, I just find SW really slow and boring, I know it works but it's soooo slow!!

hi bluecatlady -

Don't despair hun. I know how slow it feels - but it's the only way to get it off for good. You should check out Lily42k's diary - she started at about 31 stones and she's now very close to getting into the 18s. Very inspirational. Jayde has also lost a big amount. It is hard but we have to keep chipping away at it. You'll find tons of support on here. :bighug: xxx

beckyn22 said:
hi bluecatlady -

Don't despair hun. I know how slow it feels - but it's the only way to get it off for good. You should check out Lily42k's diary - she started at about 31 stones and she's now very close to getting into the 18s. Very inspirational. Jayde has also lost a big amount. It is hard but we have to keep chipping away at it. You'll find tons of support on here. :bighug: xxx

Thanks Becky, I know it's the most sensible way and my weight is coming off, it's just really hard and I can't be the only one that feels like this, but being over 20 stone, we don't have our 'skinny jeans' fit a week or a month later it's a year or two or three or four! I know I've never even had skinny jeans lol. Super tough to find motivation over that kind of timescale.

I've lost 10pounds since I signed up to this forum and sadly the loss means nothing to me. I'm actually a bit worried I'll never be happy as I wasn't when I was thinner.

Meep, miserable alert! Must think happy thoughts...at least I'm trying!
Thank you

bluecatlady said:
Thanks Becky, I know it's the most sensible way and my weight is coming off, it's just really hard and I can't be the only one that feels like this, but being over 20 stone, we don't have our 'skinny jeans' fit a week or a month later it's a year or two or three or four! I know I've never even had skinny jeans lol. Super tough to find motivation over that kind of timescale.

I've lost 10pounds since I signed up to this forum and sadly the loss means nothing to me. I'm actually a bit worried I'll never be happy as I wasn't when I was thinner.

Meep, miserable alert! Must think happy thoughts...at least I'm trying!
Thank you

Morning hun! Yes you have to be realistic and its going to take time. Sometimes its quicker than others but eveyday you try you are one step closer!

As for slim = happy I don't think that is true. It will take away some.of the health worries, the stress of shopping for clothes.but ultimately I do not think what we look like makes us who we are. Look deep inside and think what is it that is making me unhappy, what are you searching for? I believe we are all lovingly created and there is a plan for us and maybe you just need to realise that love and work out the plan. We will help you along the way....happiness is out there hun. X

jayde1148 said:
Morning hun! Yes you have to be realistic and its going to take time. Sometimes its quicker than others but eveyday you try you are one step closer!

As for slim = happy I don't think that is true. It will take away some.of the health worries, the stress of shopping for clothes.but ultimately I do not think what we look like makes us who we are. Look deep inside and think what is it that is making me unhappy, what are you searching for? I believe we are all lovingly created and there is a plan for us and maybe you just need to realise that love and work out the plan. We will help you along the way....happiness is out there hun. X

Oh that's so lovely :)

jayde1148 said:

Aw thank you,that is lovely.
It's daft really, I have a totally amazing best friend and an ok family, I have everything I need and a lot of things I want, I am very fortunate and I appreciate it all.
I'm just not happy. I think I've been unhappy for so long my view of it very warped.

I'm an optimistic pessimist, lol, I look for the best insucky situations.
For example, my weight sucks but I'm sure it'll come off. Mostly I'm just hoping clothes shopping will get easier...:)

That is a beautiful post Jayde. I believe this too. xxx

I'm just a couple of week's into slimming world and weight at last weigh in (Friday) was 22.2 stone. Seems like such a long way to go... Would love to eventually hit 16. The lightest I've ever been since school is 18. Really encouraging to know I'm not alone!

Hello there, can I please join you all,
Started last tues 14/3 and to say I was shocked that I was 22stone 3lb was putting it mildly...!!

Think I've had a good week so far, In fact know I have been good but just a little worried that all this hard work won't show, I've breast cancer and consultant says that I would have to work really hard at slimming to counteract the sideeffects of the meds that I have to take :(, fingers crossed I can prove her wrong.

I must do this this time, if only for my health, and a new set of boobs as promised by my surgeon :)

WI Tuesday, will let you know how I get on...

XX

Hi all,
Checking into this thread but hopefully not for long!
Joined today and was absolutely horrified when I stepped on the scales, heaviest I've ever been and really want to change it!

Just getting to terms with the plan, all seems very doable and there are plenty of substitutes for foods I love that are high syns! (its all about the compromise I guess!)

However certain I am that you are all lovely people, I hope to not be with you for long ( or I hope that we join each other in smaller numbers!)

Every other slimming class I've seen or been to before has all been skinny Minnie's with 7lb to lose ( i know its still genuine weight to them... But you know what i mean....) so it's nice to see others in my shoes!
E xxxxx

Elle15 said:
Hi all,
Checking into this thread but hopefully not for long!
Joined today and was absolutely horrified when I stepped on the scales, heaviest I've ever been and really want to change it!

Just getting to terms with the plan, all seems very doable and there are plenty of substitutes for foods I love that are high syns! (its all about the compromise I guess!)

However certain I am that you are all lovely people, I hope to not be with you for long ( or I hope that we join each other in smaller numbers!)

Every other slimming class I've seen or been to before has all been skinny Minnie's with 7lb to lose ( i know its still genuine weight to them... But you know what i mean....) so it's nice to see others in my shoes!
E xxxxx

Welcome Flirty and welcome Elle. I hope we'll all get out of here soon! :)

OOh jayde, as of this week we have nearly the same amount of weight left too loose (2lbs differnence), of course you have already done brilliantly, it just made me smile and feel I'm not alone to find someone wanting to loose what I want to loose.
Good luck and hard work to both of us :)
http://www.minimins.com/members/39882-jayde1148.html

Well Done!!!
Hope to be joining you in the 21s soon!
E xxx

bluecatlady said:
OOh jayde, as of this week we have nearly the same amount of weight left too loose (2lbs differnence), of course you have already done brilliantly, it just made me smile and feel I'm not alone to find someone wanting to loose what I want to loose.
Good luck and hard work to both of us :)
http://www.minimins.com/members/39882-jayde1148.html

Hi hun, I'm sure you will do fab! Im struggling to get out of the 22s, was fine for a while then keep playing with the same 7lbs. We can do this! It is a battle though and I find I have to just keep trying and only people with this sort of weight to lose understand. Good luck on your journey x x

Back