Anyone in the 22s ....

Doing ok ta, very motivated at the moment keeping a diary and trying to put positive things in it and trying to keep busy organised a theatre trip, to stay away from drink, but have two partys to go to...... don;t eat many syns in the week so hoping the vodka won't make to much difference... need a blow out though

That's great - sounds like you're doing really well. Ooh...vodka!! :D Love it but don't have it these days 'cos it makes my heartbeat go all irregular :sigh: You'll be fine if you've been good all week I'm sure! xxx

Hi all, i had my first proper wi with my group 8lbs off, total of 1stone 2lbs in four week, so chuffed, n soo stuffed, never ate sooo much... But am getting brave n trying sum of the scrummy recipes :)

Wow loobilou :wow: - that's amazing!! Well done you xxx

Thanks ecblack... Im on the hunt for recipes for lunch. Had veg pakoras this week, but they were a bit bland(needed more curry powder me finks) have any of my lovely slimmers got any suggestions ?

Samosas!! Just divine, I dont know anyone who doesn't adore them! :drool:

Samosas (makes 36 @ 1 syn each)

- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp hot madras curry powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Amchoor powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 Jus Rol Filo pastry sheets (1 sheet = 6 syns but cut into 6 = 1 syn / samosa)
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, cooked & mashed
- 110g frozen peas
- 1 red chilli, deseeded & chopped

- Cook peas for 5 min in microwave, set aside
- In a Fry lighted pan (or 1 tsp oil) fry curry powder, Amchoor, chilli powder, turmeric, cumin, curry powder, garlic salt, coriander, onion, potatoes & peas for 5 min
- Remove from heat, add red chilli and GM, season well and set aside
- Heat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking parchment
- Working quickly, place 6 filo sheets on top of each other and cut in half, then cut each half into three strips lengthways giving 36 pieces
- Lay out, spray w Fry Light and place a spoonful of mix at the bottom of the strip
- Fold diagonally to enclose ingredients and form a triangle
- Press down and fold again until you reach the end
- Seal the edge with a pastry brush dipped in water
- Repeat until all 36 are done
- Place on a tray, spray w Fry Light and bake for 12-13 min or until golden
- Serve while warm

Sounds really complicated but its not, after the first couple its easy peasy and they're DIVINE! You can freeze the rest so youve always got some handy! :)

ermintrude said:
Samosas!! Just divine, I dont know anyone who doesn't adore them! :drool:

Samosas (makes 36 @ 1 syn each)

- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp hot madras curry powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp Amchoor powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 6 Jus Rol Filo pastry sheets (1 sheet = 6 syns but cut into 6 = 1 syn / samosa)
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, cooked & mashed
- 110g frozen peas
- 1 red chilli, deseeded & chopped

- Cook peas for 5 min in microwave, set aside
- In a Fry lighted pan (or 1 tsp oil) fry curry powder, Amchoor, chilli powder, turmeric, cumin, curry powder, garlic salt, coriander, onion, potatoes & peas for 5 min
- Remove from heat, add red chilli and GM, season well and set aside
- Heat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking parchment
- Working quickly, place 6 filo sheets on top of each other and cut in half, then cut each half into three strips lengthways giving 36 pieces
- Lay out, spray w Fry Light and place a spoonful of mix at the bottom of the strip
- Fold diagonally to enclose ingredients and form a triangle
- Press down and fold again until you reach the end
- Seal the edge with a pastry brush dipped in water
- Repeat until all 36 are done
- Place on a tray, spray w Fry Light and bake for 12-13 min or until golden
- Serve while warm

Sounds really complicated but its not, after the first couple its easy peasy and they're DIVINE! You can freeze the rest so youve always got some handy! :)

Oooo thanx hun, gunna try them next week , :)

Ermintrude is the Nigella of minimins! That recipe looks gorgeous. Am going to have to try!xxx

Its not mine, I copied it off here somewhere, I think it might have been Pete (bilsat). I dont think I followed the spices to the letter and I think I might have actually doubled them or so as I like my stuff spicy :D But they are diviiiiiine! :drool:

Its not mine, I copied it off here somewhere, I think it might have been Pete (bilsat). I dont think I followed the spices to the letter and I think I might have actually doubled them or so as I like my stuff spicy :D But they are diviiiiiine! :drool:

You are still a cookery goddess Erm! xxx

I'm just browsing and found this thread, I'm in the 22's, so I thought I'd say hi :)

PurpleRoses said:
Hi R-E-D, welcome to the thread :) you doing ok? x

Hi PurpleRoses and thank you

I'm good thanks, past few days have been slightly off plan but am back on things today. How are you? Xx

Hiya all, I'm new here. I currently weigh 22.8 and I can't wait to get out of the 20's. Its been sooooooo long since I saw a 1 at the beginning of my weight.lolx

Hi guys - Just popping back to say hi and show support. This losing weight thing is flipping hard. Managed to get into the low 21s after being stuck in the 22s for ages but having a series of dark nights of the dieting soul at the mo! Let's keep each other going - we CAN do this!! xxx

Hi all, I would love someone to kick me very hard! In not coping with sw very easily at the moment I'm just not organised and my meeting has changed time last week and I didn't make it this week because of work so not feeling great! Urgh :(

o\_(")_/o. Hugz jayde

I find if im nt organised with my meals then i tend to b abit of a mess! Mind u this week had flu/sinustis so nt bn able to keep much down except bread of course(y cudnt it b syn free stuff).
Keep ur chin up hun, we can n will beat this horrible chain, keep positive, luk at wot u've already achieved :0)

loobilou said:
o\_(")_/o. Hugz jayde

I find if im nt organised with my meals then i tend to b abit of a mess! Mind u this week had flu/sinustis so nt bn able to keep much down except bread of course(y cudnt it b syn free stuff).
Keep ur chin up hun, we can n will beat this horrible chain, keep positive, luk at wot u've already achieved :0)

Thanks hun I just really feel stuck. I do well, then lose focus and organisation and back to square obe. I want nothing more than to be really back on this journey properly again. The last year has been a waste of time, I just have no energy to focus on me! I know I need to decide to just do it again so I can get back on track and I need to decide to do it forever. Just wish there was a way where food did not become so obsessional I get sick of thinking about food plans and the one thing that stresses me out about sw is how organised and planned you have to be. Cooking from scratch all the time is not always easy and I would love to grab a sarnie for lunch sometimes lol! Sorry if I sound moany!

Not at all hun, i find i spend the whole weekend stressing over fpod plans for the week :( sumtimes wish i cud jus av a mc. d's..... Know wot u mean abt dinners , plannin the packed lunches for wrk is a nightmare... Especially tryin nt to ave the same thing ova n ova again :)
Just try a lil thing at a time this week, jus say to urself if nothing else i will make sure my breakfasts follow the plan... Then nxt week incl dinners or snacks :0)

Back