Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

donna88 said:
It isn't online, neither is sailor jerrys. Can't even find a generic spiced rum. But basic rum is 4 syns for 35ml or 2.5 for 25ml

Ladies does that work out better or worse than wine? LAura what do you drink yours with?

Ladies does that work out better or worse than wine? LAura what do you drink yours with?

If I have it I have it with diet coke, so it does make a bigger drink for less then wine, but I've never had it when being on plan anyway.

I got quote for 1400 for two weeks all inclusive to alcudia but that was September and you can't go out with term time can you? We were lookin to book last weekend and luckily we didn't head to travel agents as the bank fiasco took our wages....maybe in next week or so. It's a shame its so expensive for going during holidays, am tryin to make most of it while I can x

It's a nightmare having to book in school holidays, but I suppose now little ones starting full time education we'd have to start looking at school holidays anyway.

Yup I have it with diet coke and a squeeze if lime yumyum! Fave spiced rum is kraken lovely stuff wetherspoons do it now if anyone fancies a try ;-)

Rum doesn't seem to give me such a horrible hangover as wine so usually stick to it now :) ooh better go weigh in soon it's almost 9 :) x

icklerockchick said:
Yup I have it with diet coke and a squeeze if lime yumyum! Fave spiced rum is kraken lovely stuff wetherspoons do it now if anyone fancies a try ;-)

Rum doesn't seem to give me such a horrible hangover as wine so usually stick to it now :) ooh better go weigh in soon it's almost 9 :) x

Yeah pre baby I found hangovers weren't as bad. Have wee drop kicking about i could have if I feel hard done too by not having my usual wine...sound like a right Jake don't I ha
Good luck x

donna88 said:
If I have it I have it with diet coke, so it does make a bigger drink for less then wine, but I've never had it when being on plan anyway.

It's a nightmare having to book in school holidays, but I suppose now little ones starting full time education we'd have to start looking at school holidays anyway.

Yeah its very limiting and expensive. My sister said lot for them to go to x

Oh and with regards to holidays I think spending a little extra for a nice hotel when going all inclusive is a really wise move as there's nothing worse than being at an all inclusive place that isn't great and you end up having to eat out anyway! That's only happened to me once - the rest the food and drinks have been phenomenal :-D xx

Good luck at WI

Yeah its very limiting and expensive. My sister said lot for them to go to x

Yeah but to be fair we'd consider paying that much anyway. When we were looking for this year it was more like £2000 for all of us going bed and breakfast or self catering, so we were obviously looking at the wrong times. Hopefully I'll have a job next year as well so that will help when looking at holidays. If I don't have a job by May (God that's ages away I better do lol) I think I'm going to look at becoming a slimming world consultant as I should be driving by then and I'm getting some inheritance when I turn 25.

We just have to be prepared for paying more.

Oh and with regards to holidays I think spending a little extra for a nice hotel when going all inclusive is a really wise move as there's nothing worse than being at an all inclusive place that isn't great and you end up having to eat out anyway! That's only happened to me once - the rest the food and drinks have been phenomenal :-D xx

I've never been all inclusive, so getting excited about that. But yeah I agree, normally I'm not too bothered about what the hotels like as long as its clean as we don't spend much time there. But when going all inclusive you do plan on spending a lot more time there and everything you eat is from there as well, so def don't want to end up having to go out and spending more money on food because the hotel is rubbish.

To be honest though all the hotels in Tunisia on the Thompson website look lovely, even the ones I've said I don't want to go to lol

donna88 said:
I've never been all inclusive, so getting excited about that. But yeah I agree, normally I'm not too bothered about what the hotels like as long as its clean as we don't spend much time there. But when going all inclusive you do plan on spending a lot more time there and everything you eat is from there as well, so def don't want to end up having to go out and spending more money on food because the hotel is rubbish.

To be honest though all the hotels in Tunisia on the Thompson website look lovely, even the ones I've said I don't want to go to lol

Have you had a look on trip advisor website it's fab as you get to see lots of reviews from real people. There's always a couple bad reviews so generally take them with a pinch of salt if there re loads of good reviews. It defo gives you a more honest opinion of the hotel and is reassuring before you spend a whole lot of money booking a holiday so I would recommend checking out a few on there they often tell you what kind of food and entertainment to expect as well as what the rooms etc are like. X

Yay 9st 6.75lb! So got rid of my 1.5gain from last week PLUS an extra 0.75lb :-D x

Have you had a look on trip advisor website it's fab as you get to see lots of reviews from real people. There's always a couple bad reviews so generally take them with a pinch of salt if there re loads of good reviews. It defo gives you a more honest opinion of the hotel and is reassuring before you spend a whole lot of money booking a holiday so I would recommend checking out a few on there they often tell you what kind of food and entertainment to expect as well as what the rooms etc are like. X

I'll have a look with my boyfriend when he gets back from work. We will book something, until we do I'm going to be in a mood now lol :p

Yay 9st 6.75lb! So got rid of my 1.5gain from last week PLUS an extra 0.75lb :-D x

Well done :D

icklerockchick said:

Excellent...good on you. Well done. Sorry are you on sw or ww? Was semi debating doing ww but not sure I can go back the way and learn again. How do you find it?

debtin said:
Excellent...good on you. Well done. Sorry are you on sw or ww? Was semi debating doing ww but not sure I can go back the way and learn again. How do you find it?

Yup I am still on ww but only do the simply filling plan with the very rare propoints day as not weighing a lot means you don't get very many points and that doesn't get enough food to fill me up!

Simply filling has a list of free foods (mostly similar stuff to sw but you must use brown rice and wholemeal pasta and no prepacked stuff is free like pasta n sauce, supernoodles, savoury rice) however does have some advantages like ww bread products are free including wraps, pittas, bagels. So are smoothies, tinned fruit, crumpets, porridge, shredded wheat. So in some ways more freedom but more limited in other ways!

If you want any info just ask and I have a simply filling diary on here of you want to see what kind of things you can eat. Though mine is kinda boring at the mo due to finances lol! X

Morning all

Deb the Nadal match was Raefel Nadal playing Lucus Rosel in the 2nd round in Wimbeldon & he lost ,which was a real shocker as he second in the world. Real shame as he's really cute!
Morgan Spiced rum is lush & lovely with just ice. I tend to drink it when I go to the Mess at the end of the night as a little treat! Spirits are better I think as you can have them with a mixer so making it a nice long drink & its less Syns than wine at 2.5 syns a standard pub shot........4 syns for 125mls or 6syns for 175mls!
Well done on STS! x

Donna, Birmingham is only about 85 miles from Manchester, so may be worth travelling there if you can get the same price holiday for 10 days. Airport parking is relatively cheap as well if you book it on line x

Good luck for WI Laura x

Yay, at last I have reached the illusive 1st 7lbs.....I lost another pound today! So Im 9st dead! I did try moving the scales around the bathroom to see if I could see 8 stone something, but that only happened when I stood on tippy toes lol! Haven't had a poop yet tho lol! So half a stone to target & it looks, at the rate Im going at a pound a week, I wont hit my target date, I'll be 3 lbs off, but Im still very happy with that, unless I start losing more! Cant see that happening as Im doing everything possible to shift the weight........not complaining, as am a happy bunny! x

Morning all

Deb the Nadal match was Raefel Nadal playing Lucus Rosel in the 2nd round in Wimbeldon & he lost ,which was a real shocker as he second in the world. Real shame as he's really cute!
Morgan Spiced rum is lush & lovely with just ice. I tend to drink it when I go to the Mess at the end of the night as a little treat! Spirits are better I think as you can have them with a mixer so making it a nice long drink & its less Syns than wine at 2.5 syns a standard pub shot........4 syns for 125mls or 6syns for 175mls!
Well done on STS! x

Donna, Birmingham is only about 85 miles from Manchester, so may be worth travelling there if you can get the same price holiday for 10 days. Airport parking is relatively cheap as well if you book it on line x

Good luck for WI Laura x

Yay, at last I have reached the illusive 1st 7lbs.....I lost another pound today! So Im 9st dead! I did try moving the scales around the bathroom to see if I could see 8 stone something, but that only happened when I stood on tippy toes lol! Haven't had a poop yet tho lol! So half a stone to target & it looks, at the rate Im going at a pound a week, I wont hit my target date, I'll be 3 lbs off, but Im still very happy with that, unless I start losing more! Cant see that happening as Im doing everything possible to shift the weight........not complaining, as am a happy bunny! x

I'll see what he says when he gets home. Aghh he should be home now lol, he has a training day so he's going to be in a mood when he does get home, especially if it runs over the usual school day! On a Friday he usually teaches at a primary school last lesson and gets to leave earlier then usual! He's been in a bad mood lately with work so I'm hoping he'll agree to a holiday as it will cheer him up (hopefully) and give him something to look forward to, just hope his bad mood doesn't go against the holiday as he'll be in a mood and not want to spend money lol. But we have enough in savings to pay for it, so my view is why not!? what's the point of savings if we can't enjoy them?

You might reach it, I wanted to reach my target before Christmas and was putting loads of pressure on myself, wasn't loosing much each week and gave up on getting to target before Christmas. Then the week before Christmas I wasn't going to go to WI as I couldn't be bothered, but forced myself to go and I lost 3lbs getting me exactly on my target weight. I then gained 7lbs over Christmas week but that's not the point lol

Ooh fab Kim how does 9stone feel? Pretty excited that target feels within reach now :-D

Slow and steady will win the weight loss race :-D we will get there so see you at the finish line soon ;-) xx

100% Challenge Week 8

Kim 9st (-6lbs)
Tuesday - EE 1HexA 1HexB 13 Syns = 39/105 D3/21 L1 6 Week 6 Pack
Wednesday - Red 2Hex 2Hex 5 Syns = 34/105 30min Powerwalk & 21.1 mile ride 907 calories
Thursday - EE 1HexA 1HexB 9 Syns = 25/105 25 mile ride 1058 calories
Friday -

Vicky 9st 11lbs (-3lbs)
Tuesday - EE 1HexA 1HexB 8.5 Syns 20mins Yoga
Wednesday - EE 1HexA 1HexB 12 Syns
Thursday -
Friday -

Ronnie 9st 8lbs (sts)
Tuesday -
Wednesday -
Thursday -
Friday -

Donna 9st (-1.5lbs)
Tuesday -EE 1HexA 1HexB 15 Syns
Wednesday - EE 1HexA 1HexB 12 Syns
Thursday - EE 1HexA 1Hexb 10.5 Syns
Friday -

Laura 9st 9lbs (-5.75lbs)
Tuesday - SF 6 Wkls 20min walk
Wednesday - SF 5 Wkls 45min walk
Thursday - SF 4 Wkls 2h walk & 30min workout
Friday -

Nikki 9st 12.5lbs (-1.5lbs)
Tuesday - EE 1HexA 1HexB 13.5 Syns
Wednesday - Green 2HexA 2HexB 12 Syns
Thursday -
Friday -

Pobel 9st 12lbs
Tuesday - Red 1HexA 2HexB 2 Syns 3 mile walk
Wednesday - Red 1HexA 2HexB 0 Syns
Thursday - Red 1HexA 2HexB 5.5 Syns
Friday -

Last edited:
Wed- sf 5 weeklies, 45min walk

Thur- sf 4 weeklies, 2hour walk, 30min workout

Bit lax in filling out my diary and updating the challenge lately whoops! Will get back into good habits again :) x

Back