Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

icklerockchick said:
Yup I am still on ww but only do the simply filling plan with the very rare propoints day as not weighing a lot means you don't get very many points and that doesn't get enough food to fill me up!

Simply filling has a list of free foods (mostly similar stuff to sw but you must use brown rice and wholemeal pasta and no prepacked stuff is free like pasta n sauce, supernoodles, savoury rice) however does have some advantages like ww bread products are free including wraps, pittas, bagels. So are smoothies, tinned fruit, crumpets, porridge, shredded wheat. So in some ways more freedom but more limited in other ways!

If you want any info just ask and I have a simply filling diary on here of you want to see what kind of things you can eat. Though mine is kinda boring at the mo due to finances lol! X

Thanks Laura, my sister does ww too. I will give sw another go combined with excercise for few weeks to see if scales shift. Have over 8lb to lose :( each day and meal at a time x

Ooh fab Kim how does 9stone feel? Pretty excited that target feels within reach now :-D

Slow and steady will win the weight loss race :-D we will get there so see you at the finish line soon ;-) xx

9 stone feels great Laura, but 8 something will be better. That last half a stone is sitting round my middle! When I bend over, the blubber now hangs down rather than being a solid mass & is looking 'crinkly crunkly' as I call it! DH & I were having such a laugh last night in bed about it & his answer was....."get fat again then"!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think we should go hand in hand over the finish line, but the rate you're going you'll get there before me, so good on ya! xx

kim63 said:
Morning all

Deb the Nadal match was Raefel Nadal playing Lucus Rosel in the 2nd round in Wimbeldon & he lost ,which was a real shocker as he second in the world. Real shame as he's really cute!
Morgan Spiced rum is lush & lovely with just ice. I tend to drink it when I go to the Mess at the end of the night as a little treat! Spirits are better I think as you can have them with a mixer so making it a nice long drink & its less Syns than wine at 2.5 syns a standard pub shot........4 syns for 125mls or 6syns for 175mls!
Well done on STS! x

Donna, Birmingham is only about 85 miles from Manchester, so may be worth travelling there if you can get the same price holiday for 10 days. Airport parking is relatively cheap as well if you book it on line x

Good luck for WI Laura x

Yay, at last I have reached the illusive 1st 7lbs.....I lost another pound today! So Im 9st dead! I did try moving the scales around the bathroom to see if I could see 8 stone something, but that only happened when I stood on tippy toes lol! Haven't had a poop yet tho lol! So half a stone to target & it looks, at the rate Im going at a pound a week, I wont hit my target date, I'll be 3 lbs off, but Im still very happy with that, unless I start losing more! Cant see that happening as Im doing everything possible to shift the weight........not complaining, as am a happy bunny! x

Go you!!! You really have stuck to this and are admittedly stubborn but honestly you must be tiny with all the excercise. Well done Kim. Am hoping that by doing shred when I can I will see movement on scales eventually.
Tryin not to over think everything and waste my head space so all good x

debtin said:
Thanks Laura, my sister does ww too. I will give sw another go combined with excercise for few weeks to see if scales shift. Have over 8lb to lose :( each day and meal at a time x

Sounds like a plan you will get there there's a few of us hovering around the final half stone to lose now! Simply filling is a bit of a secret really they hardly advertise it, a lot of consultants know hardly anything about it as noone does it and I think a lot of people on ww are sceptical of it as they are so used to pointing and measuring everything whereas because of sw we know that eating certain foods freely will still give us losses! :) think I'll make a magic hybrid of the 2 plans when I get to target and you can all join my diet haha sw with smoothies and crumpets wahey ;-) x

Hello ladies :-D

Well done on the lb loss Kim! You'll see the 8's soon!! How exciting!!!

Laura, excellent loss for you too!! Well done.

Not been around much because I'm trying to keep my focus without getting obsessed.

Yesterday I had a flexi syn day and I had planned to have 60syns..... I knew about last night 2 weeks ago and so I had always planned on flexi sunning rather than going off plan. So here is what I had....

3/4 bottle of wine (20 syns), 3 tiny fajita wraps (15 syns) onion rings and chips (20...may have over guessed this!!) guacamole and dip (5)

I had cruelly bought a bottle of wine and because I hit my syns I stopped drinking it!! Yay me!!!!

I WI today as next week I'll be WI on a Friday and I STS so alls good :) hope to have a good week now food wise and maybe get back to 9st 10 in time for the wedding next Friday!! Here goes.....

Xx

kim63 said:
9 stone feels great Laura, but 8 something will be better. That last half a stone is sitting round my middle! When I bend over, the blubber now hangs down rather than being a solid mass & is looking 'crinkly crunkly' as I call it! DH & I were having such a laugh last night in bed about it & his answer was....."get fat again then"!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think we should go hand in hand over the finish line, but the rate you're going you'll get there before me, so good on ya! xx

Haha yeh although my target is 9stone maybe I'll try for half pound under just so I can see an 8 on those scales ;-)

You are really in the zone Kim I'm sure you will be there waiting for me at that finish line, hopefully with a rum in hand waiting for me ;-)

Going to an abs class at gym on Sunday (and kettlebells too eek!) as pretty happy now with other bits but stomachs Definately seem to hold onto our excess weight don't they? X

Go you!!! You really have stuck to this and are admittedly stubborn but honestly you must be tiny with all the excercise. Well done Kim. Am hoping that by doing shred when I can I will see movement on scales eventually.
Tryin not to over think everything and waste my head space so all good x

Haha, yes Im a stubborn mare & when I put my mind to it......! DH keeps saying how tiny I am & doesn't think I should lose anymore, but as we said last week, I dont need, I want to lose the weight!
Glad you're in a good place, as Im sure thats the key to it all. To give you an example,when I look back a few months & was not really losing, a lot of that was to do with my emotional state as I wasn't in a good place! But medically, Im so much better now, with just a few tiny hurdles to overcome, so Im 90% there! So, sometimes it can be emotional, keep plugging away & you WILL get there xx

Sounds like a plan you will get there there's a few of us hovering around the final half stone to lose now! Simply filling is a bit of a secret really they hardly advertise it, a lot of consultants know hardly anything about it as noone does it and I think a lot of people on ww are sceptical of it as they are so used to pointing and measuring everything whereas because of sw we know that eating certain foods freely will still give us losses! :) think I'll make a magic hybrid of the 2 plans when I get to target and you can all join my diet haha sw with smoothies and crumpets wahey ;-) x

Im with you there Laura.......you could make a fortune lol! xx

Not been around much because I'm trying to keep my focus without getting obsessed.

Yesterday I had a flexi syn day and I had planned to have 60syns..... I knew about last night 2 weeks ago and so I had always planned on flexi sunning rather than going off plan. So here is what I had....

3/4 bottle of wine (20 syns), 3 tiny fajita wraps (15 syns) onion rings and chips (20...may have over guessed this!!) guacamole and dip (5)

I had cruelly bought a bottle of wine and because I hit my syns I stopped drinking it!! Yay me!!!!

I WI today as next week I'll be WI on a Friday and I STS so alls good :) hope to have a good week now food wise and maybe get back to 9st 10 in time for the wedding next Friday!! Here goes.....

Xx

Thanks Nikki. Well done on the STS & flexi-synning, but I bet you're full of food still, so it could have been a loss! xx

Haha yeh although my target is 9stone maybe I'll try for half pound under just so I can see an 8 on those scales ;-)

You are really in the zone Kim I'm sure you will be there waiting for me at that finish line, hopefully with a rum in hand waiting for me ;-)

Going to an abs class at gym on Sunday (and kettlebells too eek!) as pretty happy now with other bits but stomachs Definately seem to hold onto our excess weight don't they? X

Oooh, I would just lose that little half a pound to see 8st something!
Bad naughty tummy fat lol!!! xx

kim63 said:
Morning all

Deb the Nadal match was Raefel Nadal playing Lucus Rosel in the 2nd round in Wimbeldon & he lost ,which was a real shocker as he second in the world. Real shame as he's really cute!
Morgan Spiced rum is lush & lovely with just ice. I tend to drink it when I go to the Mess at the end of the night as a little treat! Spirits are better I think as you can have them with a mixer so making it a nice long drink & its less Syns than wine at 2.5 syns a standard pub shot........4 syns for 125mls or 6syns for 175mls!
Well done on STS! x

Donna, Birmingham is only about 85 miles from Manchester, so may be worth travelling there if you can get the same price holiday for 10 days. Airport parking is relatively cheap as well if you book it on line x

Good luck for WI Laura x

Yay, at last I have reached the illusive 1st 7lbs.....I lost another pound today! So Im 9st dead! I did try moving the scales around the bathroom to see if I could see 8 stone something, but that only happened when I stood on tippy toes lol! Haven't had a poop yet tho lol! So half a stone to target & it looks, at the rate Im going at a pound a week, I wont hit my target date, I'll be 3 lbs off, but Im still very happy with that, unless I start losing more! Cant see that happening as Im doing everything possible to shift the weight........not complaining, as am a happy bunny! x

Sorry to jump back on to this...so is it 2.5 syns for 25ml? Does that even cover the bottom of glass? Lol

Xx

Your flexi-syn night sounds good, I could well eat all of that now lol

I've just realised I'm suppose to be going out tonight! I'd completely forgotten, my friend had asked me at the weekend (he lives in London now so really wanted to get to see him, he works for British airways so not often we get to meet up) needed to ask my mum if she'd have little one but with everything happening with my nanna I completely forgot, her a quick text and she really wants to have him anyway as she hasn't had him for ages. she used to have him every other week.

So I've text my friend, hoping he's still up for it :) although that's thrown my plan off for the night lol. Think I might just stick with the diet cokes and have the same syns I was planning on (but will have to have the during the day instead of the evening) BUT I don't know if we'll be eating out or not, I was planning on a green day so we could go weatherspoons and have 5 bean chilli with rice, which is free, but I fancy trying the chicken and pepper kebabs!

Your flexi-syn night sounds good, I could well eat all of that now lol

I've just realised I'm suppose to be going out tonight! I'd completely forgotten, my friend had asked me at the weekend (he lives in London now so really wanted to get to see him, he works for British airways so not often we get to meet up) needed to ask my mum if she'd have little one but with everything happening with my nanna I completely forgot, her a quick text and she really wants to have him anyway as she hasn't had him for ages. she used to have him every other week.

So I've text my friend, hoping he's still up for it :) although that's thrown my plan off for the night lol. Think I might just stick with the diet cokes and have the same syns I was planning on (but will have to have the during the day instead of the evening) BUT I don't know if we'll be eating out or not, I was planning on a green day so we could go weatherspoons and have 5 bean chilli with rice, which is free, but I fancy trying the chicken and pepper kebabs!

Why dont you do an EE day, as its a bit easier if you dont know what you're doing later x

Why dont you do an EE day, as its a bit easier if you dont know what you're doing later x

Was thinking that, but he's just got back to me and we're not meeting until 8, so we'll be eating at home. So I'll stick with my plan for the day :)

So glad I remembered, would have been gutted if I'd missed out because I'd forgotten. I need a good night out. I hope we're going to have a good old dance as well as have a nice catch up

Was thinking that, but he's just got back to me and we're not meeting until 8, so we'll be eating at home. So I'll stick with my plan for the day :)

So glad I remembered, would have been gutted if I'd missed out because I'd forgotten. I need a good night out. I hope we're going to have a good old dance as well as have a nice catch up

Much better for the old 'diet' if you dont eat out, but are you going to have a few drinkettes?! x

Much better for the old 'diet' if you dont eat out, but are you going to have a few drinkettes?! x

I think I'll be okay with out. Normally I'd say oh stuff it I'll have a couple. But I think I'll avoid them, I could use my syns on a few ameretto's and diet cokes, but then I run the risk of having more then I should. So if I stick with diet cokes I should be safer.

I wouldn't mind, but with next week being little ones Birthday I have to be 100% this week. Hoping to get to the lower end of target range. As I have pizza hut next week and seaside the week after. seaside won't be too bad but going to save some syns in case I fancy some chips and some icecream or doughnuts.

I don't mind not drinking though, I just act as tipsy as the people around me :p

Good god someone save me...just as I write about losing weight I head to fridge and devour two, not one, but two kinder choc bars at 70 cals each then....yes there is more....packet of mccoys at 168 cals. My mind set should be to binge then see if reverse thinking will work. As much as work sucks, at least I stay in control there. Tut tut

:-( feeling rather poorly today, in fact I haven't felt myself for a couple of weeks :-( would love to be curled up on the sofa right now x

Good god someone save me...just as I write about losing weight I head to fridge and devour two, not one, but two kinder choc bars at 70 cals each then....yes there is more....packet of mccoys at 168 cals. My mind set should be to binge then see if reverse thinking will work. As much as work sucks, at least I stay in control there. Tut tut

Mmmm, not sure what to say to that, apart from thats your 15 syns for the day gone! Just try & eat healthily the rest of the day x

Im off out for lunch again today with some girlfriends I meet up with every month. Dont know where we're going to eat which Im not too keen on as I dont know what I'll be eating! I wouldn't mind if I was going for a boozy lunch/dinner, as I would have it as an off plan day, but Im not, so that freaks me out a bit as I like to be in control of my food!
Even when Im going away next Friday for the charity ride Im bringing all my own food, SF soup is made, Im making chicken & veg in a phili sauce, lots of salad & of course my snack Mars Bar & ryvitas & phili.......thats how anal I am lol!
Im determined not to put on any weight that week Im away & the only exercise I'll have will be jumping in & out of the Motorhome & being on the go for 72 hours with virtually no sleep.....so excited! x

kim63 said:
Oh dear! What sort of poorly? Have your tummy/ovulation pains gone? x

Yeh they have gone and I feel so skinny now :-S no blotting or anything! Really strange. It feels like a head cold coming on, all heavy eyes, head ache and general tiredness. No energy :-( x

Yeh they have gone and I feel so skinny now :-S no blotting or anything! Really strange. It feels like a head cold coming on, all heavy eyes, head ache and general tiredness. No energy :-( x

Get some Paracetamol down you & that should hopefully help. Get home as soon as you can & snuggle. Hope you feel better soon chick xx.

Back