Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

donna88 said:
Wow - you'll have your hands full then. That's lovely though. Fostering and adopting is an amazing thing to do. I don't think Ash's view is helped by the fact that his mum really wanted a girl, I don't think she made it too obvious when they were younger but it is very clear. Whereas I'm honestly not bothered, if I could choose I would have a girl and a boy (so all in all a girl and two boys) but if I had two girls or two more boys I'd just be happy to have two more beautiful children.

Haha my dad made it very clear he wanted a boy. We were all made to play football and go to football every week lol. He stopped our dancing lessons at 5 but we carried on playing football lol.

Thank you all for such a nice welcome :)

It's going to be hard here in Italy as I discovered on my first day yesterday...no such thing as lean mince (no tesco or asda etc...) I went with regular and thought how bad can it be?? 9 syns bad, that's how bad :( oh well lesson leant :)

Did ok for my first day though 10 syns and managed to eat a hex a & b...the only good thing here is the amount of fruit and veg there is and the lack of pre packaged food, you pretty much need to cook everything from scratch at home.

Tried the sw chips last night, OMG sooo good!! Will be eating a lot of those.

Anyway out for dinner tonight, going to do my level best to stay on plan but, yes, it's going to be rock hard me thinks :)

Thanks again for the welcome girls :)

Haha my dad made it very clear he wanted a boy. We were all made to play football and go to football every week lol. He stopped our dancing lessons at 5 but we carried on playing football lol.

Haha well he wasn't interested in after school things, he taught himself to play guitar and was in a band when he was at school, but both his brothers did dancing and theatre.

Thank you all for such a nice welcome :)

It's going to be hard here in Italy as I discovered on my first day yesterday...no such thing as lean mince (no tesco or asda etc...) I went with regular and thought how bad can it be?? 9 syns bad, that's how bad :( oh well lesson leant :)

Did ok for my first day though 10 syns and managed to eat a hex a & b...the only good thing here is the amount of fruit and veg there is and the lack of pre packaged food, you pretty much need to cook everything from scratch at home.

Tried the sw chips last night, OMG sooo good!! Will be eating a lot of those.

Anyway out for dinner tonight, going to do my level best to stay on plan but, yes, it's going to be rock hard me thinks :)

Thanks again for the welcome girls :)

I love the slimming world chips, they're gorgeous aren't they. Having them with cheese for lunch today!

Have you tried using meat free mince, some of it is synned but some is free (but even the synned stuff seems to be 3 syns tops for the bag (which does a few meals) I always use meatfree mince now as I find its easier to find and cheaper then getting extra lean. (obviously I don't know how easy it is to get in Italy)

I've never seen it here :( vegetarian stuff is pretty hard to get hold of and very expensive when you find it. Honestly the range of stuff I can get is super limited, no diet drinks except for coke (and even that is not sold in bars), I'd kill for a gin & slimline tonic! Same with cereal bars etc, I've looked at the list and none of the branded stuff is available. I will just stock up when I come home for the weekend :)

I've never seen it here :( vegetarian stuff is pretty hard to get hold of and very expensive when you find it. Honestly the range of stuff I can get is super limited, no diet drinks except for coke (and even that is not sold in bars), I'd kill for a gin & slimline tonic! Same with cereal bars etc, I've looked at the list and none of the branded stuff is available. I will just stock up when I come home for the weekend :)

Oh dear it must be so frustrating for you! With the beef mince did you dry fry it & then drain the fat off as that might help with the synnage. One good thing tho you will have to cook everything from scratch which is encouraged by SW. How about mincing lean pork or chicken? I found when I first started SW I ate the Alpen Lights all the time, but dont bother with them now, I try to eat something else as dont think they're worth it food wise or financially, as they're expensive for what they are. When eating out in an Italian, I tend to have the pasta with a tomato sauce which is always the lowest in syns.......do they something like that where you are?
How come you live in Italy.....job? husband? You're very lucky as its a beautiful country. My hubby & I went a few years ago & stayed in an apartment near Sienna & travelled all around the Chianti region..........good wine & fabulous gelato's!!!!!!! x

100% Challenge Weekly WI Week 10
WB 17.07.12

Kim 8st 11lbs Friday WI (-9lbs)

Vicky (WW) 10st 6.5lbs Monday WI (+6.5lbs)

Donna 9st Tuesday WI (-1.5lbs)

Laura 9st 9lbs Friday WI (-5.75lbs)

Nikki 9st 12lbs Monday WI (-3.5lbs)

Pobel 9st 8lbs Tuesday WI (-4lbs)

Claire 9st 13.5lbs Tuesday WI (+1.5lb)

Ronnie 9st 7lbs Thursday WI (-1lb)

Got sent home from little ones school with a big bag of his stuff today and a booklet to read through with him about starting school in September. It's actually suddenly hit me that tomorrow is his last day at nursery. I hope I don't go and cry like an idiot tomorrow... I've got to go straight to my voluntary work after (might be best if I can get away without wearing make-up lol)

Mmmmm, have just made some 'magic porridge pancake' muffins with raspberries & blackcurrants......really quite tasty! 1 syn (makes 6) each or 1HexB.

kim63 said:
Mmmmm, have just made some 'magic porridge pancake' muffins with raspberries & blackcurrants......really quite tasty! 1 syn (makes 6) each or 1HexB.

I can't begin to imagine whar these look like but they sound delicious!

Just had a thought.......the raspberries & blackcurrants should be synned if they're cooked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stewed blackcurrants 85g = 1 syn
Stewed raspberries 57g = 0.5 syn

I probably didn't even use that amount, so I'll just count 1 syn for the whole lot. Cant get my head around pureed/cooked fruit being synned, coz I would have eaten that much raw anyway????? Appreciate you can eat a lot more if its pureed/cooked etc, but if I was going to eat the same amount raw.....???

Just had a thought.......the raspberries & blackcurrants should be synned if they're cooked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stewed blackcurrants 85g = 1 syn
Stewed raspberries 57g = 0.5 syn

I probably didn't even use that amount, so I'll just count 1 syn for the whole lot. Cant get my head around pureed/cooked fruit being synned, coz I would have eaten that much raw anyway????? Appreciate you can eat a lot more if its pureed/cooked etc, but if I was going to eat the same amount raw.....???

So unless you eat the whole lot as your HEB there really isn't any point synning the fruit..... as it would be less then a quarter of a syn each. They sound yummy. I'll have to give something like that a go soon. I could never make the magic pancakes, always tasted yummy but came out looking a right mess lol

So unless you eat the whole lot as your HEB there really isn't any point synning the fruit..... as it would be less then a quarter of a syn each. They sound yummy. I'll have to give something like that a go soon. I could never make the magic pancakes, always tasted yummy but came out looking a right mess lol

Put it this way.....I aint gonna bother synning that fruit as I would have eaten it anyway!!!!!!

I whizzed up the porridge until it was really fine, added the yogurt & let it soak for a while, then added 2 eggs, sweetener & then the fruit. Divided the mix into silicone muffin cases & cooked on 180 for 30 mins. They come out looking really proud but soon sink & look a bit deflated, but who cares lol!

Well ladies I am back in the 9s......yet again.
Got weighed tonight n lost 2.5lb putting me 9st 11.5lb
I'm having a bag of quavers as its treat night n I've been saving them for a while

Hopefully I will lose again next week but I will be getting weighed at home cos I'm unable to get to group. I'm 1lb off my July target n milestone for my 30th at the end of the month

At group tonight I said I was going for a maintain for when I get weighed next. That will be August n after my birthday celebrations. Just hope I don't undo my hard work n go back into the 10s for god knows how many times

Good morning ladies :)

How are we all?

Vicky you enjoying ww?

Kim your magic muffins sound yummy! Your so inventive!!

Well I've been naughty naughty naughty these last 3 days. But luckily the scales are looking like a possible maintain. Phew!!

I have splendour festival on Saturday and so I'm sure a few bevs will be drunk and then try my hardest to rein it back for monday.

Having fajitas tonight so need to find some low syn wraps. OH is working away next week and the week after so I'm hoping for a couple of good losses ready for his birthday on 12th August so I look fan daby dozy in my Lipsy dress.

Xx

Well done Jo & welcome back

Hi Nikki, I cant claim to be that inventive with the muffins as saw it on another thread!

Thought you'd been naughty as you'd gone awol for a few days!
Whats the Splendour Festival?
If Im doing fajitas I never have the wraps, just the chicken/pepper/onion with the gaucamole & greek yoghurt......just as delicious with only a few syns for the gaucamole.......ooh you've just given me an idea for dinner as I've got some chicken breasts, so Im going to make fajitas now. How do you make yours? I marinade the sliced chicken in lime juice, green chilis & coriander & 'fry' it up with loads of peppers & onions......schimples! x

Nice to see you back Nikki, I'm sure you'll look fantastic for OH's Birthday.
I don't use wraps for fajita's anymore either. Even my boyfriend has stopped having them. He was having them for a while after I'd stopped and then one day he sat there saying ''I don't know why I eat these'' sometimes we have a pitta bread with it but not very often. Don't think its needed.

Decided to change my plan today, was going to have a ee day, but decided not to have the potatoes with tea and have a red day instead. I fancy the extra Healthy extra's

weird day for me, finished school now for 6 weeks and not sure what's happening after the holidays, arranged to meet one of the teachers I work with on the first Monday in September to sort something out. Still keeping an eye out for that position being advertised as well.

The suns trying to come out as well, so I've risked putting a load of washing in. Just hope it doesn't rain now lol

I'm really enjoying ww. My cravings are mental but I'm managing to stick to it. I've gone over my points by 9 points over the 2 days so I have 40 weekly's to play with tomorrow night when I go out. That's 20 vodka n diet cokes lol. Think that might be enough!

Did you hear back from that job you went for a couple of weeks ago Donna?
Must admit I much prefer Red/Green days for my Hex's, as I have to juggle things about a lot more on EE, especially if I haven't been shopping in a while, like today. The fridge & for once the freezer is bare, as I ran everything down when we went away last week! DH is on leave from tomorrow, so shopping is a must as that boy can eat!

Are you doing the simply filling plan like Laura or Pro Points Vicky? Good on you for sticky with it especially with the cravings & Im sure they will pass once your body gets used to the hormones. Could you not use the diaphragm???!!!! x

Back