Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Hi guys,
Been reading your messages and i think yer all great, ye've accomplished so much. I'm just a resent member of the '9s' but im a little low on motivation and fibding it hard to keep going. On holidays from today, and i want to keep the weight down. Its gonna be tpugh since im going with my bf!!!
Any helpful tips on holiday dieting would be great :)

Welcome to the 9's L4E.

Where are you going on holiday? No tips really, just make sensible choices, drink plenty of fluids, try & exercise if you can, but most of all enjoy yourself & dont stress about the 'diet'!

We're of to France :) cant wait!! The diet is stressing me out, i've been so good over the last couple of weeks and the last two days have been hard. Im just afraid of undoing all my hard work :( once its in my head it'll stick too it right?
I love reading these messages i feel like ive a meeting every day :) Haven't managed much else except how to post yet, il get there :)
Thanks for your reply ;)

Ahhh I'm going bonkers trying to decide on an outfit for tomorrow!! Apparently it's going to be 20degrees and sunshine BUT it's in a field!! So I have been to primark, picked up a dress and 2 play suits. I have my black hunters wellies so I can wear them but I don't want to wear a cardigan or tights! Dilemma!! Why can't English weather be hot hot hot so the ground is dry so I can wear my pumps and dress! Xxx

Not sure what weigh in to go by but not particularly concerned either. I am 8st 7lb 3/4 or 1lb lighter if we use other weight. Quite sad today and weight issues seem really petty. Funeral of my work mate today, he was 32. Puts things into respective!!

Laura and Kim you will both get there. You have managed the mental side, just need to hope the physical side gets stronger as well. Have good day ladies x

Afternoon everyone :)

Today is only day 4 for me and so far it's going well....managed to eat out once and not go over with my syns (although I came home and ate a massive plate of veg). Last night went out to a bar and had a gin with sparkling water and lemon to which I sneakily added a sweetner! I think I have found a way round the lack of slimline tonic :D The measures are ridiculous here though and I'm guessing it was at least a triple gin so it was just about a full day's syns!

At the moment I'm using most of the syn allowance 10 or 12 a day so I'm not sure how fast I'm going to lose but if I'm going to keep this up for the long term there's no way I can renounce alcohol or meat with fat in...it's just not going to work long term in Italy. This weekend is going to be tough as we're going camping en mass in the mountains and having a huge communal sunday lunch...I will try to stick to the veg and meat and leave the cheese alone! Wish me luck :)

Ahhh I'm going bonkers trying to decide on an outfit for tomorrow!! Apparently it's going to be 20degrees and sunshine BUT it's in a field!! So I have been to primark, picked up a dress and 2 play suits. I have my black hunters wellies so I can wear them but I don't want to wear a cardigan or tights! Dilemma!! Why can't English weather be hot hot hot so the ground is dry so I can wear my pumps and dress! Xxx

God I miss English weather!! You'd be surprised how tedious it gets being hot EVERY single day :) I'm begging for some rain at the moment since it's been nearly 40 degrees every day for the last month...just goes to show we are never happy :)

I see you're in nottingham...do you know rock city? Fond memories of that place from years ago. Have fun at the festival :)

messyeater said:
God I miss English weather!! You'd be surprised how tedious it gets being hot EVERY single day :) I'm begging for some rain at the moment since it's been nearly 40 degrees every day for the last month...just goes to show we are never happy :)

I see you're in nottingham...do you know rock city? Fond memories of that place from years ago. Have fun at the festival :)

Oooo yes been to rock city many times.

It's literally rain here for the last 2 months.... Give me heat!!!

Oooo yes been to rock city many times.

It's literally rain here for the last 2 months.... Give me heat!!!

I was home a few weeks ago for the stone roses in heaton park...let's just say my cheap wellies did not stand up to the challenge and ended the night in a bin :) I'm back again for Leeds at the end of August...might have to invest in some Hunters :)

messyeater said:
I was home a few weeks ago for the stone roses in heaton park...let's just say my cheap wellies did not stand up to the challenge and ended the night in a bin :) I'm back again for Leeds at the end of August...might have to invest in some Hunters :)

I got my black hunters off a website called all sole and then next did some through there catalogue and I got a kids size 5 pink ones and they were an absolute bargain at £30!!!

Yeh I second the kids hunters so much cheaper mine were only £15 ;-) plus the tall adult ones are way too long for my little stumps! X

Afternoon everyone :)

Today is only day 4 for me and so far it's going well....managed to eat out once and not go over with my syns (although I came home and ate a massive plate of veg). Last night went out to a bar and had a gin with sparkling water and lemon to which I sneakily added a sweetner! I think I have found a way round the lack of slimline tonic :D The measures are ridiculous here though and I'm guessing it was at least a triple gin so it was just about a full day's syns!

At the moment I'm using most of the syn allowance 10 or 12 a day so I'm not sure how fast I'm going to lose but if I'm going to keep this up for the long term there's no way I can renounce alcohol or meat with fat in...it's just not going to work long term in Italy. This weekend is going to be tough as we're going camping en mass in the mountains and having a huge communal sunday lunch...I will try to stick to the veg and meat and leave the cheese alone! Wish me luck :)

Glad its going well, can't wait for your first WI to hear how much you've lost :)

Good luck for this weekend and hope you have a wonderful time. As for your syns, I use all of mine and find I loose better when I have 10+ a day rather then less then 10.

really don't know what to do tomorrow, whether to get a kebab, Chinese or cook my own. I think my boyfriends wanting pizza, which little one will be happy with-but not sure if I fancy a kebab, so might walk down to the Chinese, or cook something myself. My boyfriends said before that he thinks it would be weird for me to cook my own meal when other people are having take away though.... :/

Little one actually ate a meal with us and loved it (recently all he's wanted to eat is fish shapes, waffles and sausages...with some veg) but I made spag bol and just put tabasco sauce on the table to spice mine and boyfriends up rather then cooking a chilli in it and he loved it, said he wants it next time as well :D told him we'll have it again next week, going to try him on curry next time we make it as well (again will have to make it less spicy) trying to think which other meals we can do which he will eat as well, as I do want him to start eating meals with us rather then always having his separate meals.

I've gone a little over syn wise today, spent 9 on my brownies and then had some crisps (not sure how many) whoops.... not going to worry about it though, its very rare that I do that and hopefully days where I've not had my top syns will make up for it

Don't worry Donna, your will power and determination is second to none. Am sure it won't do any damage. I am lookin forward to pushing myself harder this upcoming week "if your not happy, change it" x

Good way to think Donna. Did you decide what to do about the take away?

Now I know I shouldn't have but I was so shocked about my weigh in yesterday that I stood on scales again today....bad I know but they are still showing 1lb off. It has proper motivated me to cut out the junk. Apparently there is a possibility of a money off voucher for sw in a mag this week, if so and I can save money I will join for a boost. If not I will see how I get on this week. ONline is something like 60pound which I can't justify.
Did you have good day with hubby Kim?

Good way to think Donna. Did you decide what to do about the take away?

Now I know I shouldn't have but I was so shocked about my weigh in yesterday that I stood on scales again today....bad I know but they are still showing 1lb off. It has proper motivated me to cut out the junk. Apparently there is a possibility of a money off voucher for sw in a mag this week, if so and I can save money I will join for a boost. If not I will see how I get on this week. ONline is something like 60pound which I can't justify.
Did you have good day with hubby Kim?

Decided to go for kebab and count 5 syn for any oil, will use my own pitta bread as a HEB, going for a red day, just had fruit and yogurt (1.5 syn yogurt) for breakfast and might have a ham omelette for lunch.... not decided yet.

Looks like it was a lb loss then, yeah I think paying £60 up front for online membership is a bit over the top as well.

Glad you feel motivated again Deb. So are you going for an 8st target? x

I know Messyeater, us British are never happy unless we're moaning about the weather, but 40 is a bit on the high side! Have fun camping, very jealous x

Just enjoy your time with your friends tonight Donna & try not to worry too much what you eat......life is for living, but be careful it doesn't make you sicky like me from last night with all that rich food!

Had a lovely afternoon/evening at the pub, the weather was so gorgeous & I was cursing my jeans it was that hot! Got to the end of the night & hubby wanted chicken & chips from a takeaway.......disgusting, I spent most of the night up rolling around in agony thinking I had food poisoning! :mad: Thank goodness for my array of drugs I have, so I took anti-sickness tablet & painkiller in the end.....Im still in one piece this morning! Goes to show a dump of carb/fatty laden food is not good for my pristine digestive system, after months of SW. I also stayed away from the wine & drank vodka, soda & lime.....lovely drink, very refreshing & just made me a little squify, with no horrid hangover this morning! :) Will have to take it easy next weekend at the wedding, as dont want to feel sick the whole time with all the rich food that will be around!

Having a day off today & popping into town to look for a SIZE 8 pair of Next jeans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tried my 10's on yesterday & the crutch was by my kneecaps *slight exaggeration*! I do have other jeans, so ended up with my Deisel jeans, but I did feel good not being able to wear those particular ones! The last time I wore a size 8 was 14 years ago when I first met DH, so feeling pretty good! Normally I cant find anything to wear coz everything is too small & now everything is too big.......DH answer is...... "eat cakes"!!!! Haha!!!

Quite jealous that you can get a kebab Donna!! I'd love one but unfortunately the stuff they do here is nothing like the ones at home! Sure you will enjoy it!

Kim, that's brilliant news about needing a size 8 jeans, you must feel great! I'm in size 10 but they are a snug fit at the mo :) my goal is to wear my summer dresses without them pinching under the arms, that's kind of how I knew it was time to do something about the slow gain. I knOw it's probably my imagination but even after a few days I feel a lot less swollen and I'm starting to realise how much crap I was eating before.

I'm just cooking some stuff now to take camping...making a mussel risotto with the mussels left from last nights fish dinner, one of the great things about living here, lots of cheap fishy stuff :)

Hope you all have a great weekend and I'll deffo be back Tuesday morning with my first WI result :)

Back