Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

I'm not sure if its a good time, its not a bad time, I'm happy with it, will try and beat it if i run the same race next year. I beat my mum by 40 seconds haha. She's going to beat me next week party because i haven't run that far before and partly because she'll really go for it to beat me :p

Only half a pound to go and I am back in the 8's crew so excited x x x

I'm not sure if its a good time, its not a bad time, I'm happy with it, will try and beat it if i run the same race next year. I beat my mum by 40 seconds haha. She's going to beat me next week party because i haven't run that far before and partly because she'll really go for it to beat me :p

Haha its funny that u race against your mum. I might try race my mum. She struggles walk round white rose so I bet it will be easy lol x

Thanks Kim, I'm coming down with cold too so even more proud of myself.

Need to make a list of what I need to take on races though so I can tick it off next week (and for future races as well) as I forgot quite a bit and was in too much of a rush yesterday. Looking forward to next week though, although still worried as 4 miles is a lot extra to be doing... but I will be extremely proud of myself when I've finished no matter what time I get. (although I would like a good time) bit disappointed as got an email out and its another one where your not allowed your MP3 player, music really does help me along, although at least I've not got used to running races with music whereas my mum has been running races for years with her music on so it must be more difficult for her :/

Bought some bagels yesterday as they were cheap so put them in the freezer, boyfriend will eat them and I fancy one after my race on Sunday for lunch.... just need to decide whether to have philli and bacon or peanut butter and banana (I actually really can't decide.... I'd have two but that's just being greedy lol)

Little one gave me a right fright this morning, I came out of the on-suite after my shower and there was noone in the room, as I was expecting, then all of a sudden my duvet started moving and he jumped out shouting boo... I nearly had a heart attack, he's really interested in my running at the moment which is sweet, he was asking how many miles I had run (although he really doesn't understand what it all means lol)

Hope everyone has a great day.

The furthest I ran when I was training for my first half was 9 miles, so Im sure you'll be absolutely fine as the adrenaline will keep you going!

How's everyone doing? I'm so happy to be feeling normal today. My sickness got so bad where I could lift my head and was taking shakes. But now my baby girl has it and my bf. joy :(

In a happier note I've lost 6lb from Monday :) so I'm hoping I stay around that range because that all of the weight off I put on from our friends staying over and Liverpool!

The furthest I ran when I was training for my first half was 9 miles, so Im sure you'll be absolutely fine as the adrenaline will keep you going!

I suppose, I'm just taking it steady anyway, with this 9 mile run I kept running ahead of my mum and then having to slow down and in the end we had very similar times so if she's pacing herself and not racing it I think I'll try and run with her (she has a garmin so can properly pace herself whereas at the moment I have to just guess) then if I feel like it I can go for it the last mile or two.

My friend who's running a different half but the same day was posting about running 10 miles this morning, I hope she doesn't do too much this week though and burn herself out for her half.

How's everyone doing? I'm so happy to be feeling normal today. My sickness got so bad where I could lift my head and was taking shakes. But now my baby girl has it and my bf. joy :(

In a happier note I've lost 6lb from Monday :) so I'm hoping I stay around that range because that all of the weight off I put on from our friends staying over and Liverpool!

Glad your feeling better, but sorry little one and bf have it, at least you didn't have it all at the same time so bf looked after you when you had it and you can look after them now. Hopefully they'll get over it a bit quicker then you did.

Poor you Charlene, sounds terrible....good for the weight loss tho! You will probably find you may gain a few pounds back as you will have been so dehydrated & not eaten anything, so dont be upset if you do......not to put a dampener on your loss tho!

Think I did my first Half in 1hr 19 mins, but Im a plodder & very rarely got above a 10 min mile pace. Looks as tho you average just above a 9 min mile pace, which is a very good pace. Try not to get too carried away with times tho, unless you're going to seriously race, but its always a good indicator to see how much you're improving & see what your PB is.

Hope everyone in your household feels better soon Charlene!

Wow Donna check you out beating your mum already that's fab (well not for her maybe lol!!)

Feeling good today - fast day and it's been a nice easy one, did my c25k session after work (determined to be able to run 5k by summer coming). Got a big mug of green tea and looking forward to loads of veg, some wholemeal noodles and some sauce made from kara milk and a little Thai curry paste for dinner.

Aim for the week is 3 c25k sessions, 2 kettlebell workouts. Got another fast day to do on Wednesday and aiming for my other up days to be fairly healthy with meals that would have been similar to what I would eat on simply filling anyway. Trying to make better snack choices - nuts, dried fruit and nakd bars (I am becoming addicted to them soooo nice!) much more filling than the usual chocolate/biscuits/crisps lol! X

Hope everyone in your household feels better soon Charlene!

Wow Donna check you out beating your mum already that's fab (well not for her maybe lol!!)

Feeling good today - fast day and it's been a nice easy one, did my c25k session after work (determined to be able to run 5k by summer coming). Got a big mug of green tea and looking forward to loads of veg, some wholemeal noodles and some sauce made from kara milk and a little Thai curry paste for dinner.

Aim for the week is 3 c25k sessions, 2 kettlebell workouts. Got another fast day to do on Wednesday and aiming for my other up days to be fairly healthy with meals that would have been similar to what I would eat on simply filling anyway. Trying to make better snack choices - nuts, dried fruit and nakd bars (I am becoming addicted to them soooo nice!) much more filling than the usual chocolate/biscuits/crisps lol! X

How did u find exercising on a fast day? I didnt want to do aby yesterday cos I didnt want to pass out. Im on an up day today but im also gettig weighed tonight. Had weatabix and apple for breakfast and a chicken and stuffing sandwich with some superspeed soup for dinner. Gonna have a massive bowl of stew n dumplings when I get back from weigh in :)

Fingers crossed for weigh in then Vic let us know how you get on.

I was a bit concerned about the whole exercise and fasting thing too but apparently there's been research and it doesn't affect performance at all. Some religions have periods of fasting that are much longer than the 1 day at a time that you do on 5:2 and they monitored athletes/sportsmen etc during their fasting periods and found no impact. Infact a lot of people report that they feel they have more energy on fast days and actually find exercise easier than normal. Can't say I've found that but haven't found it harder like I had assumed.

I think its probably a bit like the concern about hunger, you are convinced its going to be much worse than the reality! X

I suppose you must have enough glycogen stores for a certain amount of exercise, but I would have thought doing any form endurance exercise, you would deplete too quickly. Only talking from experience from when I've hit a 'wall' with running & cycling & its a horrible feeling when you feel depleted & your performance suffers!

I'm not too worried about times Kim, but I was a lot more bothered about just finding out what time I got yesterday then I thought I would be, I have a time in mind which I would like to beat for the half marathon, but I'm not going to stress too much about it, just doing them is achievement enough :)

I can see why you'd worry about exercise on a fast day, but you just need to be sensible with it, if you start feeling too tired or even slightly faint then you need to take it easier, but that goes for days when your not fasting as well, exercise is all well and good but its never good to push yourself so hard that you injure yourself or make yourself ill. Someone once told me they used to run and ignored any pains (this was when I hurt my ankle so took it easy) and to be honest I just thought how silly that was, some pains you can ignore, but some are your bodies way of telling you to slow down and I think there is probably a reason she ''used'' to run and doesn't run (if you get what I mean)

Had a brilliant day today, the kids got me playing tig at school which I feel I might regret as they'll want me to run around after them everyday haha, but I'd rather that then stand around not doing anything. It's fancy dress for the kids on Friday and I'm tempted to show up myself in fancy dress just for a laugh... but don't know if I dare.

I suppose you must have enough glycogen stores for a certain amount of exercise, but I would have thought doing any form endurance exercise, you would deplete too quickly. Only talking from experience from when I've hit a 'wall' with running & cycling & its a horrible feeling when you feel depleted & your performance suffers!

I have to agree, I ate loads of pasta on the run up days to my race yesterday and I really did need my gel during the run as I was just completely out of energy and it just gave me that boost.

-3.5lbs for me :) very happy cos I havent eaten particulary good but had two fast days. If I could have gone to the loo today I bet it woulx have been more :-D

Back