Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

I'd be careful following slimming world on the up days, as if I don't eat enough on slimming world then I maintain, so if your sort of following slimming world but having two days where you only eat 500cal it might actually have the opposite effect to what you want :/

Sorry don't mean to put a downer on it, but I think if your going to control what you eat on the up days you should calorie count rather then follow another plan, that way at least you know you'll be having enough calories. If that makes sense?

Just had a gorgeous cooked breakfast, going to have tuna pasta salad for lunch and might take it to that kids party so I'm not tempted by the party food (only problem is it starts at 2 so would be a late one) thinking of having mixed grill with jacket potato instead of chips and give boyfriend my sausage (I don't really enjoy fatty sausages so its not like I'd be missing out) only issue is do I eat the onion rings and count them as my syns? I get what you mean about some things being more important then dieting, but I've had so many off plan days recently I really want to do a 100% week even if its just to prove to myself that I can still do it... also I would really like to loose weight this week as I'm 9 stone 2 at the moment, if I get above 9 stone 3 I'm out of my target range and I won't be following plan on the 10th as its mothers day and also my half marathon, so if I loose a bit this week I can enjoy that without worrying about if I gain from it or not...

Have a horrible headache, didn't get enough sleep last night, my own fault we stayed up until 1 (I did sort of nap on the sofa between midnight and one, but its not quite the same is it) Just hope I sleep tonight and don't get nervous about my race so I can't sleep and also that the idiot next door doesn't decide its a good night to have a rave.... talking to my boyfriend about it and we've both said if she does it on a night where I have a race in the morning (especially next week with my half marathon) then I will have to call my mum and stop at hers, but how stupid is that when I can't even sleep in my own house because my neighbour is just so inconsiderate of other people?

Is your neighbour still giving you bother??

On the up days I think I will just do my meals as I would on sw thats what I meant. So make sure I make them fresh and have enough veg on my plate etc. Im using mfp to track it anyways x

Is your neighbour still giving you bother??

On the up days I think I will just do my meals as I would on sw thats what I meant. So make sure I make them fresh and have enough veg on my plate etc. Im using mfp to track it anyways x

She had music on last night, not until really late but around 7 - 9pm.... It's just so loud, you can't relax and watch TV at that time, also 7 is little one's bedtime, he was at my mums last night but that's not the point she didn't know that.

That sounds like a plan, I always worry about diets with too much freedom on what you eat for me personally as I don't know if I have the control to add the veg ect. in

Luckily I really like veg so will still incorporate it lol. I think portion size is a big thing for me cos on sw u can eat as much as you want so maybe two restricted days a week will help me rain it in a lil x

To be fair I don't think I'd stop eating veg now as I do love it now, but I didn't used to eat much before, I think I saw it as a lot more hassle then it actually is. But for me it seems silly coming off slimming world now as it's got me to where I am and I'm happy with it. But I know everyone is different and what is good for some might not be good for others.

I could litrally just eat veg. I love it, especially broccoli. Thats my favourite.

So today ive had
B:weatabix with seki skimmed milk
D:chicken, bacon mayo with salad baguette
T:toad in whole with mash and lots of veg (reduced fat sausages)
Which is all very sw but ive also had a cream egg.
I put this into myfitnesspal and thats 1690 calories. What u think laura?

I had heard that you should aim for about 2000 on a up day but there's probably more info on the JUDDD board I haven't read much of that just the book then freestyled, to be honest I haven't measured my cals on up days only on down days as the freedom to not feel like you are on a diet at all 5 days a week is my fave part. I think quite a lot of people count all their cals the first week though to get an idea of how much they should be eating.

I think that's kind of the problem of trying to eat healthily on the up days its hard to eat 2000cals if you have a lot of veg and healthy meals all the time? I have nuts and fruit juice etc on up days too to use up some healthy calories. X

Would you not be tempted to 'pig' out on up days, or is recommended you eat about 2000 cals? I can imagine that if you planned it all carefully you can get a fair bit of food for 500 cals. Will be interested to see how you get on Vicky.
How much have you lost Laura since you've been doing the 5:2 Diet? is it a different diet to JUDD?

Good luck for your first race tomorrow Donna. Just take it easy, dont race off too quick & most of all enjoy it. Have a good hearty breakfast of some porridge & make sure you're well hydrated......Im so jealous, I really miss my running days

Well on friday kim I had 540 calories and had:
B: apple
D: lettece, cucumber, celery, peppers and carrots
T: chicken and broccoli
S: magnum ice cream
I wasnt hungry at all but was cravig food. It made me think about why I eat. Its not cos im hungry its because I have the freedom to eat however much ch I want on sw as long as its free. I think this will help a lot with my portion sizes more than anything.
I do really really love sw but I am now desperate to lose the weight. I have 87 days until I get married and 20lbs to go!

Thanks Kim, just polished off my porridge, in a bit of a rush actually want to try and finish off my coffee (de-caff) and pint of water before going to my mums (getting picked up there at 9.20 but said I'd try and get to hers for 9) I'm very excited but nervous too, but pee'd off at boyfriend, after going to bed at 1 last night, I went to bed at half 10 and asked him not to be too late coming up, he came up at half 12, (made it obvious I wasn't impressed, he asked if I was okay when I got up to get a drink and I just told him to f off and left it at that)

Going to have a banana at mums, she's made some flapjack as well, but says its not great :/ might try a little bit but don't want to waste my syns on it if it isn't her best lol. Also have a gel to try (as haven't tried on in my training and don't want to try it for the first time for the half marathon) they're only 4 syns so not too bad, I assumed jelly babies would be lower but they can add up in syns depending on how many you have.

Thanks Kim, just polished off my porridge, in a bit of a rush actually want to try and finish off my coffee (de-caff) and pint of water before going to my mums (getting picked up there at 9.20 but said I'd try and get to hers for 9) I'm very excited but nervous too, but pee'd off at boyfriend, after going to bed at 1 last night, I went to bed at half 10 and asked him not to be too late coming up, he came up at half 12, (made it obvious I wasn't impressed, he asked if I was okay when I got up to get a drink and I just told him to f off and left it at that)

Going to have a banana at mums, she's made some flapjack as well, but says its not great :/ might try a little bit but don't want to waste my syns on it if it isn't her best lol. Also have a gel to try (as haven't tried on in my training and don't want to try it for the first time for the half marathon) they're only 4 syns so not too bad, I assumed jelly babies would be lower but they can add up in syns depending on how many you have.

Good luck Donna, I wouldn't be worrying about syns today, not running 13 miles!!!
Enjoy it.

Hope today goes well Donna :)

Yeh Kim it's the same as JUDDD just a less extreme version as JUDDD tends to be alternate fasting days so fast every second day but 5:2 you just fast 2 days a week and never 2 in a row. You can of course do more or less days on either of them if you wish so its pretty much same diet.

Me pigging out was why I was considering stopping 5:2 but I am now feeling better about food choices and I love eating normal food with friends and OH.

My results on 5:2 haven't been great but not bad for being so close to target. -1, sts, +0.5 (but my friend needed me the night before weigh in so ended up meeting her for emergency pizza, wine and chat) then -1.5 this week.

I may have got better losses eating less but I really enjoyed all the naughty things I ate lol! X

Thanks everyone, it was only 9 miles today... 13 is next Sunday... really enjoyed it did it in 1 hour 23 minutes 13 seconds and I didn't worry about syns, had loads but I feel like I needed them and/or deserved them lol. The running gel my mum gave me really helped I was struggling and wasn't sure if I could do it at one point, but after having the gel I felt great and the last two miles were amazing.

I wouldn't worry about slow losses if your having fun and enjoying your food Laura... how amazing is it that you can eat that and still loose, then if one week you don't have much on and want to give eating a bit healthier on the up days a go then you can.

Is that a good time donna? I would really looking love to get into running but im not good when left alone to get inside my own head! Im best out of there :)

Well I managed to have a sunday dinner on 300 calories so have 200 to play around with later :)

Thanks everyone, it was only 9 miles today... 13 is next Sunday... really enjoyed it did it in 1 hour 23 minutes 13 seconds and I didn't worry about syns, had loads but I feel like I needed them and/or deserved them lol. The running gel my mum gave me really helped I was struggling and wasn't sure if I could do it at one point, but after having the gel I felt great and the last two miles were amazing.

I wouldn't worry about slow losses if your having fun and enjoying your food Laura... how amazing is it that you can eat that and still loose, then if one week you don't have much on and want to give eating a bit healthier on the up days a go then you can.

Well done donna sounds like a great day
Love the different stories about weight loss. Am still not really doing anything. Shredding it tom..excited

Back