Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Hey everyone! Haven't been on in ages but wanted to say hi!

Lots to catch up on so really sorry that I've missed things.

Kim - well done on calling target and still losing - that's amazing!

Vic - it's really stressful isn't it! I'm getting married around the same time I think and have exactly four weeks til me fitting - aaah. I think the key is picking a plan and sticking like glue. No tweaks or "cheats" - if u stick to it I reckon you will definitely see a difference in four weeks. Ooh and also, I know u love Jilian - have you seen her 30 day to get shredded book?? I will look up the exact title but its amazing! It's two different workouts each week and u have to do it at the gym but since I've done it lots of people have commented on my weight/shape!!

Donna - I do feel your pain with the running. I've done two marathons and lost a little with the first one but lost nothing the second time. I've been doing some research on exercise and weight loss and apparently the problem with steady cardio like running is your body only takes 6 weeks to get used to it. You do seem really disciplined with your food though so it must be frustrating!

Right, sorry for the massive post - just wanted to say hi!! :)

Well hello Emma, long time no 'see'! How have you been? Are you still jet setting about? Hows the weight at the mo, as your looking pretty slim in your avatar picture? Hope the wedding plans are going well & so lovely that we have 3 weddings, a baby & a 'big' birthday coming up between us all this year! x

My fullness is long gone. Its the thing I hate most about my body. The plastic surgeon did say I had unusyally heavy boobs!! After I have had children im defo having an uplift. I reckon if they took all the excess skin away I would be more like a C lol.

Ladies my eating is out of control. Since monday night I havent made one good decision with my eating. I just cant decide what to do for the best. Im so unhappy with myself and its really getting me down. I know I shouldnt be looking for quick fixes I shouldn't be trying to change my lifestyle but I really need a quick fix. My hen do is in 4 1/2 weeks n if I dont feel good in myself I will end up crying when drunk (im a very emotional drinker lol) I just dont know what to do :-(

Im not an advocate of quick fix diets, but you have done VCLD before....would that be an option if your worried about your figure? Is it just the number on the scales that concerns you, or is it that your not happy with your figure/shape?

Im not an advocate of quick fix diets, but you have done VCLD before....would that be an option if your worried about your figure? Is it just the number on the scales that concerns you, or is it that your not happy with your figure/shape?

More my shape to be honest. Maybe I can just hammer the gym. I got two weeks off from tomorrow so gonna try book a class for every day. Only problem is oh said no more treats n now all I can think about is treats. Ive had two buns today!

Can't quote everyone, but thank you all for the support.

I'm feeling a lot better this evening, had a massive panic attack about work this morning, but its all sorted now, I do have to apply for the permanent position but my contract doesn't run out tomorrow, it runs out end of August. So I was worrying about nothing.

Also feeling better about the weight thing, I know I'm not gaining fat, so as much as it would pain me to do so, maybe I'll have to up my target eventually. But not yet, I'm going more relaxed this week (probably too relaxed as yesterday had two slices of lemon cake, today had a small slice of tiger bread with tom ketchup and gammon, tomorrow I have a running club meet up with buffet so no idea what will be on offer and after that its Easter weekend.) So I may gain this week, but who knows with the way my weight loss goes. Next week I'm going more relaxed as well (although maybe not as relaxed as this week lol) as over the weekend we have a night out planned with some of boyfriends friends. After that I'll see where I stand, whether I'm still in target or not and decide where to go from there.

I honestly think I was panicking about work so the gain hit me harder then it would have done usually (Don't get me wrong it would have hit me hard.... just not as hard as it did)

I think just really going for it at the gym is a good idea Vicky, I'm so jealous, I really want to start planning out wedding, but I don't even have a ring yet :( can't afford one to be honest) which is annoying as we could afford a wedding, my mum has saved some up for me and I also get some money from my Grandma for my Birthday but don't think boyfriend would appreciate me giving him money to buy me a ring (Have to admit it would take a bit of the romance away) really want to do it though, as want to be thinking babies in a couple of years.

Actually a little concerned about babies talking about it, I've taken things very much to heart lately, been crying a lot, my boobs were hurting a few weeks ago (that's stopped now) but I get odd stomach pains (well not really pains, more like funny cramps) oh and back ache.... I haven't had any other symptoms so not going to really panic about it, but it is on my mind. :/

hello Emma as well, how are you?

Peed off tonight after weigh in at group. I thought i hadn't lost this week n was expecting to stay the same but I've actually gained 1lb

I've been really good, haven't gone over my syns. I e planned all my meals in advance n made sure I've taken lunch break at work to have my meals properly. It isn't star week so can't use that as an excuse

I just feel bit robbed that I've even had the smarties mini eggs in cupboard n haven't touché them.....annoying that I haven't even lost 1/2 this week after being do good

I'm feeling a lot better this evening, had a massive panic attack about work this morning, but its all sorted now, I do have to apply for the permanent position but my contract doesn't run out tomorrow, it runs out end of August. So I was worrying about nothing.

Also feeling better about the weight thing, I know I'm not gaining fat, so as much as it would pain me to do so, maybe I'll have to up my target eventually. But not yet, I'm going more relaxed this week (probably too relaxed as yesterday had two slices of lemon cake, today had a small slice of tiger bread with tom ketchup and gammon, tomorrow I have a running club meet up with buffet so no idea what will be on offer and after that its Easter weekend.) So I may gain this week, but who knows with the way my weight loss goes. Next week I'm going more relaxed as well (although maybe not as relaxed as this week lol) as over the weekend we have a night out planned with some of boyfriends friends. After that I'll see where I stand, whether I'm still in target or not and decide where to go from there.

I honestly think I was panicking about work so the gain hit me harder then it would have done usually (Don't get me wrong it would have hit me hard.... just not as hard as it did)

I think just really going for it at the gym is a good idea Vicky, I'm so jealous, I really want to start planning out wedding, but I don't even have a ring yet :( can't afford one to be honest) which is annoying as we could afford a wedding, my mum has saved some up for me and I also get some money from my Grandma for my Birthday but don't think boyfriend would appreciate me giving him money to buy me a ring (Have to admit it would take a bit of the romance away) really want to do it though, as want to be thinking babies in a couple of years.

Actually a little concerned about babies talking about it, I've taken things very much to heart lately, been crying a lot, my boobs were hurting a few weeks ago (that's stopped now) but I get odd stomach pains (well not really pains, more like funny cramps) oh and back ache.... I haven't had any other symptoms so not going to really panic about it, but it is on my mind. :/

Are you worried you might be pregnant Donna?

Are you worried you might be pregnant Donna?

A little, but other then what I said there I haven't had any other symptoms, no throwing up or anything. Oh another thing is I've had very small bleeds each week for a month now (I'm on the injection so usually have very light periods every 4 - 7 months, these bleeds have been even lighter then that) but being on the injection obviously chances of it being pregnancy are very slim so I'm not going to get too concerned just yet. Think I'm probably just having a very off month

I agree if u do a test then u will definately know for sure. Sometimes worry can effect your cycle so it might be worth doing

I might do one, sounds silly but its getting round to picking one up, haven't actually mentioned it to anyone else. They just seem expensive and I'll feel silly when I do it and it turns out I'm not (does that sound daft?) I'd ask my sister to bring one when we go out for tea next Tuesday but she'll make a massive fuss of it if I do (she'll no doubt have some in)

You can get cheap ones in tesco. I doubt you are though especially on the injection. I have coil and never get periods.

Yeah I really doubt it as well, boyfriends just said hormones could be down to running, but I don't know can't find anything online about that. Might be worth a trip to the docs if they don't settle down soon do you think? (think I may have to do a test before then as it'll probably be the first thing they ask)

You could do one just I rule it out. I know if you get too thin it can play havoc with your periods, if your body weight is too low.

It could be something to do with the running. Maybe a chat with your Dr would put your mind at ease.

My body weight isn't too low though, although they did think maybe that was why I have problems giving blood. Thinking about it (boyfriend pointed this out) This all started when I had my last injection, about a month ago, I had it a few days late (but they said that was fine you have 5 days either side) so maybe my body is just having a funny reaction to that.

I will do a test, like you say it will put my mind at rest (I can't be pregnant I have a job to sort out and a marathon to run in October) and at least that can be ruled out. Then if after Easter I still feel out of whack then I'll call the docs and book an appointment. Maybe I'm due a change of contraception (been on it 3 and a half years), don't really want to as I like the injection, I like not having to think about it whereas the coil and the implant scare the hell out of me so my only other option is the pill.

Our bodies are a pain sometimes aren't they.

My body weight isn't too low though, although they did think maybe that was why I have problems giving blood. Thinking about it (boyfriend pointed this out) This all started when I had my last injection, about a month ago, I had it a few days late (but they said that was fine you have 5 days either side) so maybe my body is just having a funny reaction to that.

I will do a test, like you say it will put my mind at rest (I can't be pregnant I have a job to sort out and a marathon to run in October) and at least that can be ruled out. Then if after Easter I still feel out of whack then I'll call the docs and book an appointment. Maybe I'm due a change of contraception (been on it 3 and a half years), don't really want to as I like the injection, I like not having to think about it whereas the coil and the implant scare the hell out of me so my only other option is the pill.

Oh I hear ya Donna....it's a mans world!
I find the coil great, I'm on my second one and have never had any problems with it. I had my first one removed to conceive baby no3 and I conceived within 3 mths. I got it in again when she was 3mths old that's a year ago now, and it lasts 5yrs!
I would never remember to take pill and it used to send me a bit mad!

Yeah bodies are ******* at times. If you do a test then at least it's ruled out & then see how u feel.
I know what u mean with the coil & the implant I don't like sound of them n the pill is ok but if your rubbish at remembering then injection deffo sounds like best option.

I was diagnosed with pcos a few year ago n it plays havoc with me n I sometimes get some of the symptoms you have mentioned. Not saying that u have it but its another possibility

I've just done my measurements and I am like wowzers I have a weird body shape......I would give the marshmallow man a run for his money I reckon

Here are my measurements all in inches
After the rubbish weigh in tonight I'm gonna check weight & measurements each Wednesday from now on

Bust - 37.25
Under bust - 34.25
Waist - 32.5
Belly - 39
Hips - 38.5
Thigh - 19.5
Bicep - 11

I measured the widest part & made sure I didn't pull any of the tape tight so hopefully it is a true representative for me to check next week.

So my weight is now 9st 13 and height is 5ft 7

I don't know what I'm supposed to be but I know I don't like these numbers so I don't want to be them :-(

Glad your feeling better about things donna. Perhaps your hormones are simply all over the place which is causing you to feel that way but as you dont get regular periods perhaps its best to do test just to be sure? though i assume all the signs could be leading up to a proper period?
The job situation will sort itself out - i found out today that when little one goes to school i can change from 3 days to 4 but with shorter hours. It means i can drop him off and pick him up but also an extra day for the same money but needs most and i am 90% sure its the way forward. Do you think your little one benefits from having there at school each day as opposed to breakfast club or afterschool care?

Personally i think if you can afford to get married, then why not just do it? if you both want to, do you really need that extra ring? i know it sounds as though iam putting a dampner on weddings and occasions but if the long term goal was to be married to then have kids then i think i would be inclined to do just that. However i do get the proposal and big day thing and i do sound cynical as we have been together 16yrs so for us being together and living together so long we are just sealing the deal to be honest. Plus your not as old as me so if that is what you want you should do just that lol - maybe with the pay rise OH gets you could save up, remember the ring doenst need to cost loads, its what it represents. (again boring old fart haha)

Glad your feeling better about things donna. Perhaps your hormones are simply all over the place which is causing you to feel that way but as you dont get regular periods perhaps its best to do test just to be sure? though i assume all the signs could be leading up to a proper period?
The job situation will sort itself out - i found out today that when little one goes to school i can change from 3 days to 4 but with shorter hours. It means i can drop him off and pick him up but also an extra day for the same money but needs most and i am 90% sure its the way forward. Do you think your little one benefits from having there at school each day as opposed to breakfast club or afterschool care?

Personally i think if you can afford to get married, then why not just do it? if you both want to, do you really need that extra ring? i know it sounds as though iam putting a dampner on weddings and occasions but if the long term goal was to be married to then have kids then i think i would be inclined to do just that. However i do get the proposal and big day thing and i do sound cynical as we have been together 16yrs so for us being together and living together so long we are just sealing the deal to be honest. Plus your not as old as me so if that is what you want you should do just that lol - maybe with the pay rise OH gets you could save up, remember the ring doenst need to cost loads, its what it represents. (again boring old fart haha)

I'm not sure to be honest. I think given the choice I'd say go for the change in hours as you won't be missing out on pay but will get more time with little one, however I don't think after school clubs or breakfast club are bad for children, it all just depends on circumstance.

As for the ring, I don't want an expensive one, but I do want one lol. Boyfriend also wants to do it properly, his mum suggested once that we didn't need to actually get engaged and he didn't agree.

Back