Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Busy busy Nikki :) glad your feeling better today, we all have times like that where we just seem down and most of us don't have the hormones to blame.

Had to have a bit of a talk with my boyfriend yesterday as he can be really rude at my mums which she keeps mentioning..... not really rude as in saying anything, but more that he literally doesn't say anything :/ I've never known how to sort of bring it up with him, but he'd seen her in the shop the other day and mentioned it, so I said oh did you speak to her and he said no I avoided her because I didn't know if you'd told her we weren't going round because I was at work late (he was suppose to be at work late but it had been cancelled) but we weren't going round because little one had a party and I'm pretty sure my boyfriend knew that, so I just said to him, you need to make more of an effort to talk to her, she thinks you don't like her and he turned round and said he thought she didn't like him and its like yeah possibly now because you never bloody talk to her!!!! I wouldn't mind but his mum has done some awful things to me in the past and made it really clear she's not happy I'm with him because he lives up here with me instead of down there with them and yet I always make the effort when we're with them, actually if I acted how he does they'd kick off (and rightly so I think to be fair) I just hope he does make the effort now :/ It is harder now as when we go round on a Wednesday my nephew and niece are also there now and so she spends a lot of time with them, but like when we went out for tea for my brothers Birthday he spent most of the time on his phone...

Just found out I've been invited to a BBQ on Monday... which means we'll have to go Leeds on Saturday (not a problem) but syns might be an issue :/ just going to have to roll with it and keep my fingers crossed that I'm still in target range on Tuesday

mmmm the jaffa cake one donna!! Kim what other food are you doing? how will you know how much to put out? ha think i want all the food.
is your birthday Friday Kim? shame your doing so much prep work but it will be so worth it x

We're doing homemade chili burgers, big ribs in a homemade bbq sauce, sausages, Italian salad, tomato/mozerella/red onion/basil salad, baby minted new potatoes, taboullah, homemade coleslaw.....you asked lol!
DH used to be a Chef in the Marines so is used to big cooking, so he knows quantities/timings etc, plus Im a very organised/anal person!!
Birthday tomorrow, so last day in the 40's today haha! x

movement on the scales yay. half pound and not weigh in day but was good to see 8st 8.75 again.
if its half pound at weigh in will be happy. as long as its going down is good for me
haven't did shred since Sunday. havent really been in the mood what with one thing or another but will get back into it. also had extra healthy extra yesterday plus bowl cornflakes and no syns. in fact if i count it up i am over syns. its a step in right direction for me and hope to get better rather than worse x

donna am tempted try rice pudding. wd the rice be at the baking aisle or rice aisle?

Tuttut scale hopping lol! lets hope that half a pound or more stays off for tomorrow!
There's no point in exercising if you're not in the mood as it can put you off & then you dont want to do it again. You've seen the excellent results its made, so Im sure you'll be back to it with full vigour!
I've often thought about using my HE on something that isn't a HE but the same calories. I appreciate its about getting the correct nutirients etc, but cant see how it could do any harm.....I didnt say that if anyone out there is listening lol! Might try it as an experiment!

Morning ladies :)

I have been feeling pretty crappy recently and getting down about everything and anything....the last 3 days I have been on a whirlwind and I am feeling great!!

It is 8am, i'm up dressed, make up done, bed made, pots washed and just sat down with a cuppa and my belvita biscuits. Going to go for a walk to town so I can get some brown paper to wrap a couple of bits i've sold online and then i'm going to come home get a load more stuff online. I've had an order for one of my nursery arts so i've got to make that today which is going to be hard because it has to be Nottingham Forest FC themed. Then I might do some uni work before I cook the chicken ready to take over to my nans for tea. Phew busy day here!

x

Go Nikki. I think in the third Trimester you get your 2nd wind because your 'nesting'! Enjoy it while it lasts! x

Busy busy Nikki :) glad your feeling better today, we all have times like that where we just seem down and most of us don't have the hormones to blame.

Had to have a bit of a talk with my boyfriend yesterday as he can be really rude at my mums which she keeps mentioning..... not really rude as in saying anything, but more that he literally doesn't say anything :/ I've never known how to sort of bring it up with him, but he'd seen her in the shop the other day and mentioned it, so I said oh did you speak to her and he said no I avoided her because I didn't know if you'd told her we weren't going round because I was at work late (he was suppose to be at work late but it had been cancelled) but we weren't going round because little one had a party and I'm pretty sure my boyfriend knew that, so I just said to him, you need to make more of an effort to talk to her, she thinks you don't like her and he turned round and said he thought she didn't like him and its like yeah possibly now because you never bloody talk to her!!!! I wouldn't mind but his mum has done some awful things to me in the past and made it really clear she's not happy I'm with him because he lives up here with me instead of down there with them and yet I always make the effort when we're with them, actually if I acted how he does they'd kick off (and rightly so I think to be fair) I just hope he does make the effort now :/ It is harder now as when we go round on a Wednesday my nephew and niece are also there now and so she spends a lot of time with them, but like when we went out for tea for my brothers Birthday he spent most of the time on his phone...

Tell them both to 'man up' & talk to each other about whats bothering them!! They will potentially be related thru marriage! :)

Off to Tesco in a bit to get all the fresh foods......think I might need a big trolley lol! Trouble is I have a poorly arm & the forearm is swollen & painful! Think I might have pulled a ligament/tendon when I was gardening the other day, plus 6 hours of housework didn't help yesterday, but it needed to be done, so like a brave soldier I plodded on! Need to get some tubigrip & compress/ice it, as this is the last thing I need as too busy!
8st 6lbs 4oz this morning.....happy days!

Just found out I've been invited to a BBQ on Monday... which means we'll have to go Leeds on Saturday (not a problem) but syns might be an issue :/ just going to have to roll with it and keep my fingers crossed that I'm still in target range on Tuesday

After running a Half Marathon on Sunday Donna, I wouldn't be too concerned! The protein will be good for your muscle repair :)

Ooooo your food sounds gorgeous, I want to come along :)

I know its ridiculous, I'm fed up of always feeling like I'm stuck in the middle. They're both terrible for talking though, my mum never seems to talk to people when she has a problem and whenever something goes off with his family he never talks, I'm constantly saying just ring them and speak to them but he just avoids it. I wouldn't mind, if they want to be awkward with everyone and never have things sorted that's their problem... but its not because then there's little old me who always gets all the fall out and stress from whatever it is at the time.

I can understand to some extent with them, with other people not each other as they both have very funny relationships with very awkward people... so I can understand why they don't want to talk to them... but why its like it with everyone I don't know. I'm the complete opposite, if I have an issue I understand its better to just talk about it and then its done with.

After running a Half Marathon on Sunday Donna, I wouldn't be too concerned! The protein will be good for your muscle repair :)

I know Kim, I just wish I'd managed to WI on Tuesday, as I had the pizza fiasco last week and now this week isn't going so great, I ate flapjack yesterday when I didn't even want it and now there's Saturday I won't be sure on syns, 10.3 mile race Sunday where I might be tempted by more syns and Monday.... I need to really get it into my head that it doesn't matter so much if I do leave target and chances are I won't leave target... but its hard when I know I have my Birthday coming up and plans for that... GAH but I know I can't go back to the days where I really didn't care about what I ate because although I was happier with my food choices I was miserable in myself.

Aww donna sounds like my oh n mum n but in reverse. She point blank ignores him and makes a point of it. She also asks me all the time whether im sure I want to marry him!

Kim ur food sounds amazing. I was thinkinh of making chilli burgers at the weekend. How do u make them?

Deb im thinking of starting the shred again to tone up my middle area I cant seem to do enough at gym for it.

Ive also joined a yoga challenge on instagtam. Where they give u a yoga pose each day and you have to do it in an interesting way.

1367485342938.jpg
This is my boat pose from yesterday. We went walking in the woods last night so I climbed a tree!

Thinking about it, I think my main problem is I feel like I've lost the control I had before. This time last year I was so focused and only ever went off plan if it was for a special occasion ect. I would have never have eaten a massive piece of flapjack for no reason.... I need to remember that I'm a lot more active then I used to be and that also I'm in target.... until I start gaining weight I don't think I need to worry, but I have such an obsessive personality I can't help it.

It's horrible isn't it Vicky, they don't seem to understand how awful it is for us. My boyfriend would never say anything about my mum, but my mum has started talking about how he is, which to be fair although I hate it I can sort of understand as he doesn't talk... although she doesn't really help the situation either... I'm actually really glad we've been invited to this BBQ and hope the weathers nice and it goes ahead as it will be the perfect chance for him to start making more of an effort... I just hope he hasn't got himself too far stuck in a rut that he doesn't feel he can if you know what I mean.

Yeah we're making burgers tomorrow, chilli ones would be lovely.... or boyfriend has made lovely garlic and herb ones before as well

Aww donna sounds like my oh n mum n but in reverse. She point blank ignores him and makes a point of it. She also asks me all the time whether im sure I want to marry him!

Kim ur food sounds amazing. I was thinkinh of making chilli burgers at the weekend. How do u make them?

Deb im thinking of starting the shred again to tone up my middle area I cant seem to do enough at gym for it.

Ive also joined a yoga challenge on instagtam. Where they give u a yoga pose each day and you have to do it in an interesting way.

View attachment 88998
This is my boat pose from yesterday. We went walking in the woods last night so I climbed a tree!

Loving the impersonation of a monkey lol!

Chili Burgers........
extra lean mince
finely grated carrot, onion & fresh chili
tomato puree
worcester sauce
beaten egg
S & P

Mush it all together & make your burgers x

hope it all gets sorted donna. i don't have best relationship with OH mum but we don't see each other much anyway. must be hard for you.
you are def very active so your allowed to enjoy treats x

Kim food sounds fab. not sure my swapping healthy extra for same calorie food is good but i think if 2 out of 3 of my foods are on plan then, for me, its better than not being on plan. i can't expect to lose i know that but if its same calorie intake it can't do too much harm. am just trying find balance x

vicky am going to dig out my ten min tummy dvd as want tummy toned too x

I'm tempted to get weighed when I go down to the chemist either today or tomorrow to pick up my prescription.... but it could go either way, it could make me feel better or it could make me panic... I've never weighed on the scales before so don't know how they are to the slimming world one's :/

hope it all gets sorted donna. i don't have best relationship with OH mum but we don't see each other much anyway. must be hard for you.
you are def very active so your allowed to enjoy treats x

Kim food sounds fab. not sure my swapping healthy extra for same calorie food is good but i think if 2 out of 3 of my foods are on plan then, for me, its better than not being on plan. i can't expect to lose i know that but if its same calorie intake it can't do too much harm. am just trying find balance x

vicky am going to dig out my ten min tummy dvd as want tummy toned too x

Ooo whos the 10 min tummy dvd by x

its just called 10 minute solution...blast off belly fat. did it probably twice in three years ha ha

its just called 10 minute solution...blast off belly fat. did it probably twice in three years ha ha

Hi

Kim all your food sounds lovely for your party :) hope your going post pics to make us jealous lol
Anyway in case I don't get time post tomorrow (at work by myself all day) I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday !!! Hope you have a great party and enjoy yourself bet you will look fab :) looking forward to hearing all about it fingers crossed for this lovely weather to stay for the weekend too xx

Vicky I listened to the app last night and I'm sure I feel a little bit different this morn ... I'm hoping for some good results and it can't hurt so going keep listening but haven't felt starving all morn and just had my lunch so will see how this afternoon goes thanks for sharing xx

Donna I wouldn't stress too much about your odd meals off plan you are in target and doing loads more training so just enjoy your day out and make as good a choice as you can xx

Deb I've started a couple of more challenges from fb that are a bit like the squat challenge I can post them up if you interested I'm finding them more manageable than the full blown shred that just leaves me exhausted let me know.

Ladies thought I'd share this with you all there is a customer that comes in our shop and over the last 7 years we have always had chats about slimming weight loss and diets well she's just come in today and OMG she is tiny ..... I'm like what are you doing to get so small she's gone from a size 14 to a 6-8 and its all from weight lifting!!!! She's gone to 18% body fat, she says shes eating 2000 cals a day healthy diet no crap but isn't panicking about food all the time, stoping doing cardio and just does weight training.... Anyone know any more about this kind of training ?? She looks fantastic very lean and toned well jel !!! ;-) lol

I know, I'm going to stop stressing, I need a good slap! Decided against getting weighed at the chemist as no idea what I would have been last week on those scales so it would mean nothing to me.

Hypnosis sounds interesting, I'd be tempted to give it a go myself but can't be bothered (I know bad bad bad excuse)

Hmm interesting about the lady who comes into work, I bet she puts a lot of work in for it, I have no idea about that sort of training though so sorry can't really be any help :(

Hi

Kim all your food sounds lovely for your party :) hope your going post pics to make us jealous lol
Anyway in case I don't get time post tomorrow (at work by myself all day) I just wanted to wish you a happy birthday !!! Hope you have a great party and enjoy yourself bet you will look fab :) looking forward to hearing all about it fingers crossed for this lovely weather to stay for the weekend too xx

Vicky I listened to the app last night and I'm sure I feel a little bit different this morn ... I'm hoping for some good results and it can't hurt so going keep listening but haven't felt starving all morn and just had my lunch so will see how this afternoon goes thanks for sharing xx

Donna I wouldn't stress too much about your odd meals off plan you are in target and doing loads more training so just enjoy your day out and make as good a choice as you can xx

Deb I've started a couple of more challenges from fb that are a bit like the squat challenge I can post them up if you interested I'm finding them more manageable than the full blown shred that just leaves me exhausted let me know.

Ladies thought I'd share this with you all there is a customer that comes in our shop and over the last 7 years we have always had chats about slimming weight loss and diets well she's just come in today and OMG she is tiny ..... I'm like what are you doing to get so small she's gone from a size 14 to a 6-8 and its all from weight lifting!!!! She's gone to 18% body fat, she says shes eating 2000 cals a day healthy diet no crap but isn't panicking about food all the time, stoping doing cardio and just does weight training.... Anyone know any more about this kind of training ?? She looks fantastic very lean and toned well jel !!! ;-) lol

hi ronnie have seen a few of the challenges. squats, sit ups, planks and look good. i don't mind the shred just not felt like anything this week plus feel bit sick today which is very unusual for me. no get up n go and blaming the unexpected period. so lazy day and night for me. really tired and lethargic ugh

Thanks Ronnie & yes I will enjoy myself & yes I will post photo's!

With my limited knowledge, I think its to do with muscle burns more calories than fat?????? The human body naturally burns more calories each day to maintain a pound of muscle than it does to maintain a pound of fat. Therefore, the more muscle you build, the more calories your body will naturally burn each day at rest.

Back