Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

I think you deserve it Deb... we're really penny pinching now with us booking this (not booked yet I'll get onto that) but I haven't been abroad for 8 years and boyfriend hasn't for 11 years (well we've been to Paris and other places but not had a hot holiday) if you can afford it by pulling in your belts a little then go for it, as you'll appreciate a holiday a lot more then you would just spending the money on other things I think.

The travel agents were rubbish, they basically said it was the same as the online price but they'd charge us a booking fee, but then if we needed to change anything they'd do it instead of us having to call and they could book airport parking for us as well (no doubt with another booking fee) we've already looked up airport parking and if anything needs changing I'd rather ring up myself then have to drive out to the travel agents so they can ring.

What are people's opinions on using debit cards over credit cards for buying holidays? MIL keeps going on about how we should use the credit card for extra insurance but its an extra £30?

I think you deserve it Deb... we're really penny pinching now with us booking this (not booked yet I'll get onto that) but I haven't been abroad for 8 years and boyfriend hasn't for 11 years (well we've been to Paris and other places but not had a hot holiday) if you can afford it by pulling in your belts a little then go for it, as you'll appreciate a holiday a lot more then you would just spending the money on other things I think.

The travel agents were rubbish, they basically said it was the same as the online price but they'd charge us a booking fee, but then if we needed to change anything they'd do it instead of us having to call and they could book airport parking for us as well (no doubt with another booking fee) we've already looked up airport parking and if anything needs changing I'd rather ring up myself then have to drive out to the travel agents so they can ring.

What are people's opinions on using debit cards over credit cards for buying holidays? MIL keeps going on about how we should use the credit card for extra insurance but its an extra £30?

Advice from an ex-travel agent....

It doesnt matter where you book it. If your willing to spend the time on the phone if you need to change anything then great save yourself the booking fee. When it comes to paying on your credit card you only nees to pay as little as £1 of the holiday to get extra cover.... but if your booking through an ATOL and ABTA company ie thomson, thomas cook, jet 2 holidays then there is no need to worry because you have all the cover you need and the credit card company are just extra.

When ever we have booked a holiday we pay the deposit on creditcard and the balance on debit card. Thats only becauae we usually havent saved the deposit and it is spontaneous lol

Advice from an ex-travel agent....

It doesnt matter where you book it. If your willing to spend the time on the phone if you need to change anything then great save yourself the booking fee. When it comes to paying on your credit card you only nees to pay as little as £1 of the holiday to get extra cover.... but if your booking through an ATOL and ABTA company ie thomson, thomas cook, jet 2 holidays then there is no need to worry because you have all the cover you need and the credit card company are just extra.

When ever we have booked a holiday we pay the deposit on creditcard and the balance on debit card. Thats only becauae we usually havent saved the deposit and it is spontaneous lol

Thanks Nikki, that's actually a great help :) we're going with Thomson, as we're looking at going in about 10 weeks we can't pay a deposit need to pay the full balance straight up. I'm so excited though, I know we don't have it booked but we're def doing it. That was another problem with the credit card, the holiday is going to cost a little bit over what our credit card limit is, so we'd have to get that changed... wish I could just book it now, but we need to take some money out of one of my savings accounts which I don't have access to online... so having to go into town on Monday to get the money transferred.... boyfriend says if the money is going to take a few days to transfer then he'll ring the credit card company to get the limit increased so we can just get it booked as waiting until Monday is killing us enough to be honest.

Thanks Nikki, that's actually a great help :) we're going with Thomson, as we're looking at going in about 10 weeks we can't pay a deposit need to pay the full balance straight up. I'm so excited though, I know we don't have it booked but we're def doing it. That was another problem with the credit card, the holiday is going to cost a little bit over what our credit card limit is, so we'd have to get that changed... wish I could just book it now, but we need to take some money out of one of my savings accounts which I don't have access to online... so having to go into town on Monday to get the money transferred.... boyfriend says if the money is going to take a few days to transfer then he'll ring the credit card company to get the limit increased so we can just get it booked as waiting until Monday is killing us enough to be honest.

did you settle on turkey donna? we are also aiming to go...the money should be there, its just spending it when am scared we will need it for bills. such a scaredy cat ha. hoping to get extension on mine but get it paid in four weeks so i can't change my mind lol

did you settle on turkey donna? we are also aiming to go...the money should be there, its just spending it when am scared we will need it for bills. such a scaredy cat ha. hoping to get extension on mine but get it paid in four weeks so i can't change my mind lol

We're going with Bulgaria, found some good deals and everything out there is so cheap as well. I've been once when I was 18 and boyfriend has never been, so will be interesting to see it in a different light and there's at least one restaurant I really want to visit again as I remember it being amazing :)

It is very scary isn't it, its a lot of money really... I'm still a bit nervous about booking this one... one of the reasons I just want it booked because then its done and I can't back out lol

We're going with Bulgaria, found some good deals and everything out there is so cheap as well. I've been once when I was 18 and boyfriend has never been, so will be interesting to see it in a different light and there's at least one restaurant I really want to visit again as I remember it being amazing :)

It is very scary isn't it, its a lot of money really... I'm still a bit nervous about booking this one... one of the reasons I just want it booked because then its done and I can't back out lol

yes me too though already paid 500 pah!! week or two? mine seems like i have been robbed as don't go til Sept yet your away height of season. holiday should be fun not worrying..no doubt i will freak out within the next week that there are more things we could use the money for. even though i know we wouldn't lol what are we like

yes me too though already paid 500 pah!! week or two? mine seems like i have been robbed as don't go til Sept yet your away height of season. holiday should be fun not worrying..no doubt i will freak out within the next week that there are more things we could use the money for. even though i know we wouldn't lol what are we like

Try and not stress, we all deserve a holiday and as long as you do pay the bills you'll be fine.

2 weeks, to be fair the flights are silly cheap, don't know if its because we're sort of booking last minute or what. We're still paying above the odds though as the weeks before when we're still at work its a lot cheaper. Winds me up really, but I suppose that's the price we pay for working in schools.

Try and not stress, we all deserve a holiday and as long as you do pay the bills you'll be fine.

2 weeks, to be fair the flights are silly cheap, don't know if its because we're sort of booking last minute or what. We're still paying above the odds though as the weeks before when we're still at work its a lot cheaper. Winds me up really, but I suppose that's the price we pay for working in schools.

we get to avoid summer holidays this year but still over 2000. All inclusive so hoping to not need too much spending money and we are wearing bin bags lol

Yeah to be fair for all inclusive its good, we're going self catering, but hoping to still not spend too much as it is cheap over there. We were going to go B&B but it was £200 cheaper to go self catering and we'd get a better room, hoping not to spend £200 on breakfasts while we're there lol.

Stuck to plan today but so hungry, can't seem to fill myself up :(

can't decide whether to do green or ee tomorrow, going to my nephews first Birthday party and looks like they're doing BBQ... so if they have anything I can eat I would want to go EE but they might not have anything low syn :/ so not sure whether to just do green and not eat anything while I'm there

Kim are you up to speed with greys?

Think Im about 6 episodes behind, but I like to watch them in bulk so I save them up lol! Do love a bit of Greys!

Will try & catch up with you girls a bit later on, as off to another 12 hour shift in this glorious weather.......typical! 8th day on plan tho & a Billy Bonus with no hangover coz couldn't go to my Brothers as working!

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday x

Think Im about 6 episodes behind, but I like to watch them in bulk so I save them up lol! Do love a bit of Greys!

Will try & catch up with you girls a bit later on, as off to another 12 hour shift in this glorious weather.......typical! 8th day on plan tho & a Billy Bonus with no hangover coz couldn't go to my Brothers as working!

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday x

i watched the last episode last night. i usually save them too but didn't realise i was on to the last one until last week ugh.
good for you for being on plan...is it weigh day tomorrow?

Morning

Vicky your photos are fab huni you look so happy and your dress is lovely xx have things settled with your Dad ? Hope so :) x

Nikki its a great feeling that first wi ;-)
Well done feeling ready to get back on plan good luck huni you'll probably be back there before me ;-) x

Deb and Donna me and oh are doing the same this weekend looking and trying book a holiday:) well he is ... There is such a massive difference in cost from one day to the next staying for 14 days or 12 ranging from 2k to 4k its ridiculous... He thinks he's found one last night but I went bed and he's not up yet so not sure what he's decided x I'm like you deb its a lot of money but we do work really hard and its the only time you do really get away from everything and can really relax :) xx

Food fri night at friends
She made veggie fajitas had one with a wrap and some strawberries for pudding and only had 3 small Bacardi's and then shared some sensations so happy with all that for off plan :/)

BBQ was ok too I drove so no syns used there and had a 1 veggie sausage and half a burger two lots of salad and pasta but did try a few puddings cheese cake my cupcakes and a jam tart but did only cut small pieces so again not too bad for food out of my control oh did have some crisps no dips though :)

Today on plan well that's the plan at the minute ha ha
Have a good day the sun is shining :)))

Hope you had a fab day Emma yesterday... Photos ?? X

I can't wait for tomorrow to actually get it booked! I feel a little in limbo at the moment as so excited but until its booked something could go wrong (they could change the deals ect.) also boyfriend has decided to treat me (sort of) to a really nice new bikini from Debenhams, we saw them and said they looked nice and joked about looking at the price as it would be too expensive, we were right, on an offer buy one get one half price the bikini works out at £35 but I have £10 Birthday money so he told me to pick it up tomorrow when I go to sort out the money transfer and pick up his passport forms :)

It seems a bit extravagant but at least it will be good quality and should last... also there has been a lot of talk of a honeymoon next year.... no ring yet but we shall see. I think maybe over Summer.... so at least we'll def be having another hot holiday for that so bikini will get loads of use

I need to start crunches again though... is 10 weeks enough to get a lovely toned stomach haha?

I'll be heading off in a bit to my nephews BBQ.... hoping they have some good food there so I'm not tempted by all the naughties.... but at least if there's nothing I can have I can keep imagining that bikini... no point having a nice bikini if I'm going to look a mess wearing it

hope it all gets sorted donna. need work on my tummy too eekk

ok ladies its Monday and am taking charge..not really been bad to be fair but if i am trying to maintain i need to make more of an effort. meals planned for today and next few days too. may have syns throughout the day to try and kerb the snacks at night. i know we are allowed but its a habit i want to stop.
have good day all....good luck at wi Kim x

I did 100 crunches yesterday (50 side and 50 normal) going to do that again today... should I add some more in today or keep it at 100 for a while then add more? Also are there other things I should do for my stomach. I have my spinny thing (one of those things you stand on then twist from side to side... I could start doing that each day if I can find it... I also used to do an exercise where you lay on the floor with your legs bent... you pull your stomach in and then lift your mum and hold for 10 seconds (do that however many times) I saw it in a magazine but don't know if it really works..... somewhere I do have one of those things you put your feet in and hold onto the handle to help you do different exercises as well

looks like this

dynamic-spring-exerciser-stomach-trimmer-set-41221_1.jpg

don't know what the best exercises are though :/

Waiting until this afternoon to take the trip into town so that we only have one bus ride and then we can get a lift back with my boyfriend

Morning ladies

Pleased with WI.....8.10, so 3lbs above target which isn't bad after the month I've had! Im away Thursday - Sunday next week, so apart from that I will be on plan. Its so much better weighing monthly, as the scales can be a bit of an obsession & as long as I know Im eating healthily there wont be too much damage.
It will be interesting to see what I naturally balance at over the next few months weight wise, as this is all about maintaining & everyone naturally fluctuates.

Back