Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

We do get on really well most of the time, but we clash at times and she is very negative towards me as well, I quite often feel like I can't do anything right.

We spoke when she dropped little one off but not about the argument, we never talk about it after though as it would just cause mire arguments as she never admits she may have done wrong

Could you not sit down and have a heart to heart with your Mum Donna and find out why she is so negative towards you? It would explain why you think you lack self confidence if your Mum was like that in your childhood. Its amazing the things that trigger our behaviour and the majority comes from our upbringing.

Jo, I would bin the group if I were you, thats 20 quid a month I would rather spend on some lovely wine!

Nikki let us know how you get on at WI.....shall I put your new weight on the Challenge?

Debbie you can buy the magazine in the shops

Could you not sit down and have a heart to heart with your Mum Donna and find out why she is so negative towards you? It would explain why you think you lack self confidence if your Mum was like that in your childhood. Its amazing the things that trigger our behaviour and the majority comes from our upbringing.

Jo, I would bin the group if I were you, thats 20 quid a month I would rather spend on some lovely wine!

Nikki let us know how you get on at WI.....shall I put your new weight on the Challenge?

Debbie you can buy the magazine in the shops

Thanks Kim, it must be online no too so.

Hey everyone is it ok if I join I weigh 9 stone 10 wanting to get into the 8 stones feel like im stuck here though lol need some inspiration to get my motivation back into it all xx

I would try Kim, but it wouldn't do any good, ive spoken to her before and it goes two ways.. either she goes on about how she doesnt mean to do it and its in my head or the more common one she feels attacked (because you can't say she does anything wrong without her thinking it's a personal attack) and she kicks off causing another argument. I honestly dont know what to do as either way she reacts its still my fault and its soon forgotten. I think its just something I have to put up with.

I'm glad my boyfriend spoke to me about it though as I saw hia view and he sees it how I do if not more so on my side. Otherwise I would be going mental thinking I had a problem (well I still do to be fair) we've had problems before with his mum as well and thats always focused on me (I took her son away). Its hard not to take that to heart... like earlier I was talking and my boyfriend interrupted me (which ia something he does a lot) so I stopped him and just said "I was talking" my mum gave me the dirtiest look. Even my boyfriend has said he was in the wrong and doesn't want to be interrupting me but my mum thinks I was in the wrong for saying something... same as when she talks to me like rubbish im expected not to react. I don't think I'm wrong for not wanting to be treated like that, but then it just feels like the world is against me

I would try Kim, but it wouldn't do any good, ive spoken to her before and it goes two ways.. either she goes on about how she doesnt mean to do it and its in my head or the more common one she feels attacked (because you can't say she does anything wrong without her thinking it's a personal attack) and she kicks off causing another argument. I honestly dont know what to do as either way she reacts its still my fault and its soon forgotten. I think its just something I have to put up with.

I'm glad my boyfriend spoke to me about it though as I saw hia view and he sees it how I do if not more so on my side. Otherwise I would be going mental thinking I had a problem (well I still do to be fair) we've had problems before with his mum as well and thats always focused on me (I took her son away). Its hard not to take that to heart... like earlier I was talking and my boyfriend interrupted me (which ia something he does a lot) so I stopped him and just said "I was talking" my mum gave me the dirtiest look. Even my boyfriend has said he was in the wrong and doesn't want to be interrupting me but my mum thinks I was in the wrong for saying something... same as when she talks to me like rubbish im expected not to react. I don't think I'm wrong for not wanting to be treated like that, but then it just feels like the world is against me

Personally I would take her to task on it......when she puts you down, confront her with it by repeating what she just said to you, ask her why she said it and tell her how it made you feel.
Men always interrupt haha, just tell him to shush!
His mother is the one with the problem and you need to remember that. If she's horrid to you, tell bf to have a quiet word.
You will be a lot stronger than you think you are Donna and next time somebody knocks your confidence, take a deep breath and come back at them because they wont be expecting it as they've got away with it before. You'll be surprised if you carry on with that tactic, it will soon stop.

Hey everyone is it ok if I join I weigh 9 stone 10 wanting to get into the 8 stones feel like im stuck here though lol need some inspiration to get my motivation back into it all xx

Hello Newgirl and welcome. The last stone or so is always a battle, but try changing things around a bit with your food and you may be surprised with the result. Any advice neede just holler, as we've all been there!

It's bigger things when his mum does it, she's usually really nice but then suddenly will kick off big style about something (usually nothing to do with me but I'll get the blame) and won't speak to us for a few days :/

I may try it with my mum, but I honestly don't think she'll listen as we've had it before. I'm not putting up with her speaking to me like rubbish though. Part of the problem is when I'm at hers, she forgets I'm not living there now and expects me to do everything, I don't mind helping out but then she's a bit OCD about lots of things so it makes helping out hard as I'll be helping (help cook, set the table, make sure everyone has water, clear up and do the pots) but its never appreciated as she thinks I should help and also because she's so OCD I usually do it wrong and she doesn't think anything of telling me I've done it wrong... It is just like if you want it doing your specific way do it yourself! That's how it kicked off today because she asked me to help and I came in and had to ask what she wanted me to do and where everything was (I was never allowed to cook when I lived there.... a fact which she denies now) She just really kicked off everytime I asked where something was and gave replies just speaking to me like dirt... I will admit I responded by talking to her the same which I shouldn't have, but she either doesn't realise how she's talking to me or thinks because she's my mum she can talk to me how she wants and I can't respond the same way.

What I really don't get is my brother can do no wrong, he does live at home and does nothing to help but nothing is ever said about him, I've heard him say some things to my mum which she would have really kicked off about if I did, but he just gets away with it. My sister had a massive fall out with my mum at one point (I will say it was my sisters fault) and she stopped her seeing the kids, she see's the kids now and speaks to my mum but they aren't anywhere near what they used to be, my brother has told me that my mum really worries when we argue that I'll do the same... but that doesn't make sense to me, I think she knows I won't otherwise why treat me the way she does? Or has she been doing it for so long that she doesn't realise she's doing it.

I'm not holding out much hope for talking to her because I have done it before... I am tempted to say I'm not going over on Wednesdays any-more, I might suggest dropping little one off and coming home then having her drop him off here with me, but she'll no doubt kick off about that as well, as why wouldn't I stop over for tea.

Anyway sorry everyone for the rant, I always seem to have something going on and always seem to just be bringing the thread down :(

Welcome new-girl, its does get harder the smaller we get, but you can do it :)

We have the running club BBQ tomorrow as well, which I'm really not looking forward to now, was tempted to say I'm not going but I need to get my run in and why should I not go

Anyway I'm off to bed now, hopefully be feeling better in the morning. Two more work days and then its holiday time :) that first week we're crazy busy as well. All good times

Hello Newgirl and welcome. The last stone or so is always a battle, but try changing things around a bit with your food and you may be surprised with the result. Any advice neede just holler, as we've all been there!
Aw thankyou! Yeh i''m going to start excercising again now and being a little more careful with my food hoping this will help me shift it :)

Well I can report that I went to group tonight and consultant never told me that I was slimmer of the week so I was bit miffed about it. Loads of the lasses from group turned up tonight cos I said on Facebook it had been quiet etc. it was nice to see them in group tonight

The consultant announced that she is leaving after next week cos she said she couldn't cope with doing the group. I almost said that I was glad she was leaving but decided that it was probably best that I didn't lol

After group I've been getting messages on Facebook from members who left cos they were fed up n lots of em are coming back so hopefully all will be ok at group. I worked out tonight I've only got 2lb left to lose n I'm back into target range so won't need to pay. Hopefully wont out too much on in Barcelona & I'll get some weight off quickly

On the bikini challenge I need updating for 2lb off this week please

Ok so I didn't get to group last night! OH said he would be back from work at 5.30 but got stuck in traffic :-( I would have took Millie but there are lots of steps and no lift!!

I have online membership and they said they would transfer this into vouchers to use for class so I might go to the Tuesday morning class with my nan instead. Hmmm decisions....

Also, I'm going to weigh daily to keep track but record my final weight and losses and gains once a week.

Millie has been doing really well sleeping recently and has been regularly sleeping 11.15 - 6. Tonight she slept 11-12, 12.15 - 3.45 and I'm about to put her down again. She only woke at 3.45 because she did the biggest poo ever and it was that noisy it woke me and OH up haha xx

I know she's your mum Donna, but Im afraid I wouldn't put up with her sort of behaviour as it is all rather controlling. Hope you can sort things out with her, or at least deal with it all as best you can , cos she isnt going to change unless you do something drastic enough or tell her how much she's hurting you.

Sounds as tho your group is changing now Jo, so will you be staying now then. Well done on your loss and ill update you.

Nothing stopping you starting SW now tho Nikki, so come on lady get on those scales and start planning! Glad to hear Millie is settling into a decent sleep pattern and hope she's not suffering too much in this heat.

SUMMER BIKINI BOD CHALLENGE
Started Monday June 10th

Jo (Wednesday ) - Start weight 9st 10lbs Goal weight 9st in 5 weeks
Wk 1: -0.5lb Wk 2: -0.5lb, Wk3: +2lbs, Wk 4: -1lb, Wk 5: -1lb, Wk 6: -2lbs

Ronnie (Monthly) - Start weight 10st 3lbs Goal weight 9st 10lbs in 6 weeks
July: -2.25lbs, August:

Vicky (Saturday) - Start weight 10st 6lbs Goal weight 9st 11lbs in 8 weeks
Wk 1: +2.75lbs, Wk 2: -3.5lbs, Wk 3: -1lb, Wk 4: -1lb, Wk 5: -3lbs, Wk 6:

Laura (Friday) - Start weight 9st 4lbs Goal weight 9st in 8 weeks
Wk1: -0.25lbs, Wk 2: -0.75lbs, Wk 3: +4lbs, Wk 4: -3.5lbs, Wk 5:?, Wk 6:

Donna (Tuesday)- Start weight 9st 5lbs Goal weight 8st 12lbs in 9 weeks
TARGET CHANGED TO MAINTAIN AT 9ST 7LBS
Wk 1: +0.5lbs, Wk 2: +1lb, Wk 3: +0.5 (9st 7lbs), Wk 4: STS, Wk 5: No WI, Wk 6: +0.5lbs

Kim (Monthly/Friday)- Start weight 8st 10lbs Goal weight 8st 6lbs in 10 weeks
July: +3.5lbs, Wk 5: -2.25lbs, Wk 6:

Deb (Friday) - Start weight 8st 10.25lbs Goal weight 8-8st 3lbs in 12 weeks
Wk 1: -2.5lbs Wk 2: - 1.5lbs, Wk 3: -0.25lbs, Wk 4: -1.75lbs, Wk 5: +2lbs, Wk 6:

Nikki (Saturday) - Start weight 11st 12.5lbs Goal weight 10st in 13 weeks
Wk1: +1.25lbs, Wk 2: -1.25lbs, Wk 3: 0.5lbs, Wk 4: No WI, Wk 5: ?, Wk 6:

Annie (Saturday) - Start weight 11st 2.5lbs Goal weight 9st in 16 weeks
Wk 1: -0.25lbs,Wk 2: -0.75lbs, Wk 3: ?, Wk 4: ?, Wk 5: ?, Wk 6:

Up bright an early today as I'm NBM from 07.30, so need to have a hearty breakfast cos goodness knows when I can eat again. Knowing my luck I'll be last on the list, sat in a hospital in this heat not being able to drink anything. So I'm on my first coffee and will see how many I can squeeze in before then. I can drink plain water up til 11am, so at least I wont be a shrivelled up prune lol!

Up bright an early today as I'm NBM from 07.30, so need to have a hearty breakfast cos goodness knows when I can eat again. Knowing my luck I'll be last on the list, sat in a hospital in this heat not being able to drink anything. So I'm on my first coffee and will see how many I can squeeze in before then. I can drink plain water up til 11am, so at least I wont be a shrivelled up prune lol!

awe good luck for today Kim..will be thinking of you so keep us posted x

just about head for shower so will update later but donna you do not bring this thread down..huge hugs x

Thanks Deb, will do x
Did you run yesterday?

4.7 wohooooo..was torture Kim. felt like it ws harder than Monday but was earlier and hotter. going to get to five then just spend few weeks of increasing my speed but do between 3-5 as 4.7 seemed to much too soon. love it :)

Back