Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Good to see you back Stacey. I've been a bit naughty today ladies, I had some time to myself and I went on the crosstrainer for 25 minutes, my knee feels fine though so fingers crossed I'll be okay, aiming for 10 miles this weekend if its okay and if my doctor says I can :)

Lol Donna, I thought you were going to confess to eating a giant bar of chocolate or something!!!
Take it easy until doctor says it's ok.

Lol Donna, I thought you were going to confess to eating a giant bar of chocolate or something!!!
Take it easy until doctor says it's ok.

Haha no I've been spot on with food, 7 syns...possibly 8 depending on how many the biscuits were and 5 today, usually I'd have more as I have 10 - 15 a day normally, but lately I've been having a few extra at the weekend, so holding back a bit just in case. The next few weeks until after i come back off holiday we have weekend plans actually. But yeah I really want another loss next week, 3lbs would get me back in my target range, but I'll be happy with 2 plus

Hi ladies,

I have been bad today but we had our AGM tonight at work and I was starving by the time the served the buffet dinner at 9.30 so needed something or I'd faint. This is what I had today and love help to syn it.

Breakfast: vanilla muller light and grapes
Lunch: I ate out since we had to work right through so thought this would keep me going. Baked potato with chicken, beans & onion. Salad and a coleslaw which seemed quite creamy and the potato was quite oily so not sure what it was cooked in.
Dinner: two small triangled sandwiches, one tuna and one egg. They would have made half a sandwich but probably had some mayo and butter on them. And 4 cocktail sausages (bad I know) and then I halved a small brownie with a colleague who also follows SW.
I also had 4 cuppas throughout the day so had milk for those which I don't think even was my full HEA.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi ladies,

I have been bad today but we had our AGM tonight at work and I was starving by the time the served the buffet dinner at 9.30 so needed something or I'd faint. This is what I had today and love help to syn it.

Breakfast: vanilla muller light and grapes
Lunch: I ate out since we had to work right through so thought this would keep me going. Baked potato with chicken, beans & onion. Salad and a coleslaw which seemed quite creamy and the potato was quite oily so not sure what it was cooked in.
Dinner: two small triangled sandwiches, one tuna and one egg. They would have made half a sandwich but probably had some mayo and butter on them. And 4 cocktail sausages (bad I know) and then I halved a small brownie with a colleague who also follows SW.
I also had 4 cuppas throughout the day so had milk for those which I don't think even was my full HEA.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Its so hard to syn food when you dont know whats in it and the amount of ingredient thats used. To be honest, I would just right yesterday off and start afresh today. In the grand scheme of things it doesnt really matter. Life does get in the way of us SWers, but thats just the way it is and we all will have days like that. Thats why its important to look at your losses over a month. However, sometimes having a boost in extra calories can be an advantage and you will get a loss on the next WI. Sorry that hasnt helped with the syns question, but if I was put in that situation, I would not bother counting and just get to it the next day.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I dont think I'll get a loss this week as I've had the munchies again with chocolate.....might be an idea to stop buying them for the moment whilst I feel like this! Dont no whats wrong with me at the mo, cos I'm normally so restarined, its once I start with my little bars and get a taste of chocolate I cant stop.......greedy little piggy :eek:

NO PIES SMALLER THIGHS CHALLENGE
Start date 23 Sept

NIKKI - goal is to be 9 - 9.7st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 11st 1lb, Wk 2: 11st 2lbs

ANNETTE - goal is to be at target of 8.7st ( Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 6lbs, Wk 2: 9st 3lbs

SINEAD -goal is to be at target of 8.0st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk1: 9st 6.8lbs, Wk 2: 9st 5lbs

RONNIE - goal is to be 9.7st (Tuesday 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 5lbs, Wk 2: 10st 4.5lbs

DONNA - goal is to be at target of 9.7st (Tues 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 1.5lbs, Wk 2: 9st 13lbs

JO - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Thurs 19th Dec)
Wk1: 9st 12.5lbs, Wk 2: 9st 12.5lbs

KIM - goal is to maintain at 8.7 - 8.11st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 0.25lbs, Wk 2:

DEBBIE- goal is to maintain at 8.9 - 8.10st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: 8st 9.75lbs, Wk 2:

LAURA - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: ?, Wk 2:

DEB - goal is to be at target of 8.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 8st 3.25lbs, Wk 2:

JENNA - goal is to be at target of 8st 9lbs (Saturday 21stDec)
Wk 1: 9st 4lbs, Wk 2:

Last edited:
Your all doing great :) I think this challenge is going to be fab for us all.

I'm still keep track on my scales daily to make sure they are moving and today they say 11st the last time they said that was Jan 13th when i was 20 weeks pregnant. When i was 19 weeks they were 10st 11.5lb, that would be a good aim for next weeks weight loss.

Looking at my grid i did when pregnant I went from 9st 10lb - 11st in 9 weeks! So a mini challenge for myself is to work backwards exactly how i gained the weight. I feel a signature update is due!

You are funny Nikki :) Not sure it will work like that tho cos it was baby and water weight, but its still a great idea to have a mini goal/challenge cos thats when we all seem to do well like you said.
Unless we're all really 'naughty', there's no real reason why we wont be lighter than we are now! I dont like using the word naughty when its related with food because its not, its just when we dont moderate ourselves.......like I do when I have amountain of chocolate like I did last night, so that would defo be classified as naughty lol!:p

You are funny Nikki :) Not sure it will work like that tho cos it was baby and water weight, but its still a great idea to have a mini goal/challenge cos thats when we all seem to do well like you said. Unless we're all really 'naughty', there's no real reason why we wont be lighter than we are now! I dont like using the word naughty when its related with food because its not, its just when we dont moderate ourselves.......like I do when I have amountain of chocolate like I did last night, so that would defo be classified as naughty lol!:p Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I think iits just the first couple of weeks ill struggle with because they are bigger losses needed, but when it gets further down its a bit easier. Think it will get me out walking more :) xx

I know Nikki, its difficult not to get despondent, but remember 'a dripping tap fills the bucket'.
Walking is a great form of exercise, especially if you're pushing Mollie around in a buggy. Its just the weather thats a bit off putting. Ive just been out in the garden raking up the acorns and leaves in my Pacamac, but can only do a little bit at a time or my neck/back starts to complain! :mad: x

I know Nikki, its difficult not to get despondent, but remember 'a dripping tap fills the bucket'. Walking is a great form of exercise, especially if you're pushing Mollie around in a buggy. Its just the weather thats a bit off putting. Ive just been out in the garden raking up the acorns and leaves in my Pacamac, but can only do a little bit at a time or my neck/back starts to complain! :mad: x Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

At least your getting moving a bit Kim, just don't overdo it! Make sure you still relax and rest.

I'm actually feeling really good because in the 2 months it's taken to lose 1 stone I don't feel like I've missed out on anything, I'm happy at my weight loss rate and would be happy to be 10st at Xmas to be honest. I just tried on some new look size 8 denim shorts I had for my cruise feb 2012 and they were a little tight back then and I'm surprised to say they very nearly do up. I've also realised that my stomach area is actually really slim and I'm feeling really good about how far I've come in 4.5 months.

Do you remember I said the first time I started slimming world I was 12st 5lb and it was a comment from my best friends boyfriend that made me lose weight. Well my best friend, her now fiancé and Their new born baby boy are coming to centre parcs with us at the end of January and realistically I would like my 9st target by then as I'll be bikini ready then!

Xx

Thought I`d let you all know what I`ve been up to this week, you`ll probably have a laugh at my expense!!

I`ve been thinking about this for some time and to me it makes sense. Having lost a considerable amount of weight
I had started feeling that my face needed to catch up with the rest of me. So with that in mind, I had a look on youtube.
The result, FACIAL YOGA!!

I know you can laugh now!! :D

Started this week and it claims that you start noticing the difference in two weeks.
Haven`t quite got the nerve to practice in front of hubby yet!! He`d fall over laughing!! :D

It must look very strange but I`m prepared to give it a go. The thought of a slim body with jowls doesn`t appeal to me.
I know it sounds vain.

There I`ve said it now. I`ll just sit back and wait to see what you all think. Perhaps I should book myself into hospital now!! :)

Haha love it Annette! I'll have a little look at it myself, but I wander if its what I do in front of the mirror most mornings anyways! I pull all sorts of funny faces, but I think its probably something we should have done in our 20's, a bit like these wonder creams that are supposed to get rid of wrinkles! But saying that, I think I'll check it out tho. Check back in 2 weeks and let us know how you got on with it lol!

I don't think facial yoga is daft, is it easy enough to do?

Pilate's was great tonight, my mum came along as well. She enjoyed it too.

Not sure what to do about running this weekend now, the doctors said my knee was okay and I haven't done any serious damage.... but resting it would not harm it this weekend and that if I do run I shouldn't run far and shouldn't set any miles in mind, just run and if I feel any twangs stop straight away. So I'm not sure whether to not run at all and just do the crosstrainer for a while on Sat... or attempt a run and see how far I get...

Don't know if I mentioned it but little one had a little mark on his neck which we noticed on Tuesday, it had steadily gotten worse and is painful when its touched, so I was a bit cheeky and took him into my appointment with me and they think it is a bite or more likely a wasp sting... they've given him some steroid cream in case its infected. I'm surprised though as we didn't think it would be a sting or bite because there is no clear point in it if that makes sense. Just hoping it clears up now he has the cream.

Personally I would rest over the weekend, as the last thing you want to do is damage the knee anymore so near to the marathon. You've got the miles in your legs, so just wait til next week if I were you x

I don't think facial yoga is daft, is it easy enough to do?

Pilate's was great tonight, my mum came along as well. She enjoyed it too.

Not sure what to do about running this weekend now, the doctors said my knee was okay and I haven't done any serious damage.... but resting it would not harm it this weekend and that if I do run I shouldn't run far and shouldn't set any miles in mind, just run and if I feel any twangs stop straight away. So I'm not sure whether to not run at all and just do the crosstrainer for a while on Sat... or attempt a run and see how far I get...

Don't know if I mentioned it but little one had a little mark on his neck which we noticed on Tuesday, it had steadily gotten worse and is painful when its touched, so I was a bit cheeky and took him into my appointment with me and they think it is a bite or more likely a wasp sting... they've given him some steroid cream in case its infected. I'm surprised though as we didn't think it would be a sting or bite because there is no clear point in it if that makes sense. Just hoping it clears up now he has the cream.

Hi Donna!

Yeah, it`s pretty easy to do. Been doing it every morning after my exercise dvd.
I agree with Kim. I`d rest for the weekend but then I`m no marathon expert.

Hope your little one is better soon. Kids are pretty resilient

Haha love it Annette! I'll have a little look at it myself, but I wander if its what I do in front of the mirror most mornings anyways! I pull all sorts of funny faces, but I think its probably something we should have done in our 20's, a bit like these wonder creams that are supposed to get rid of wrinkles! But saying that, I think I'll check it out tho. Check back in 2 weeks and let us know how you got on with it lol!

Some of the funny faces were a bit familiar!!
I may not be 20 anymore but I`m not ready to give up yet!! :)

Not keen on the idea of surgery or botox!!

I think your right.... its just hard thinking I'm not going to do anything, I'm so used to doing my miles at the weekend it feels wrong saying I'll do nothing.

I'm sure he'll be fine, if it doesn't clear up they've just said to bring him back, I was just really happy they were happy to take a look at him as I felt a bit cheeky asking them during my appointment, but really I just wanted to know whether it was worth booking him an appointment or not for it. But they were really helpful.

Back