Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Well, I can definitely tell I'm back in the zone.......hubby asked me to make him an apple crumble to last as a pudding for last night and tonight. Lets just say, he has none left! Ate the bloomin lot it was that good if I say so myself! I did have a little bit of it and overegged the synagge at 10 syns, but it was so worth it! Now you all know I've got a thing going on for granola at the mo lol! I made the crumble mixture with half flour and half granola, butter, dark brown sugar and flaked almonds.
Hubby said it was the best crumble he's ever tasted! Thats saying something for a former chef!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Glad I`m not the only one that tweaks my cereal hexb`s. Granola`s not really my thing. Give me a bowl of Special K red berries and I`ll dive right in!! That and porridge are the only cereals I like, find them a bit sweet.

The only thing I still struggle with is my hexa and having enough milk. The only day I can guarantee that I have my full allowance is when I have porridge. Even when it`s Special K day I only use enough to wet it. I really don`t like milk. However, I need it my tea, can`t abide it black!! But I love cheese and yogurt. Strange, I know.

Can`t drink enough tea in the day to use my full allowance of 250ml semi skimmed. Don`t like whole milk. Aren`t I fussy!!

:( well after a fab start on Friday I've had a terrible weekend, pizza last night and afternoon tea today. Scales are not going to be kind to me on Tuesday

Oh crikes! Weigh in tomorrow... Why does it come round so quick!!! Xx

Glad I`m not the only one that tweaks my cereal hexb`s. Granola`s not really my thing. Give me a bowl of Special K red berries and I`ll dive right in!! That and porridge are the only cereals I like, find them a bit sweet.

The only thing I still struggle with is my hexa and having enough milk. The only day I can guarantee that I have my full allowance is when I have porridge. Even when it`s Special K day I only use enough to wet it. I really don`t like milk. However, I need it my tea, can`t abide it black!! But I love cheese and yogurt. Strange, I know.

Can`t drink enough tea in the day to use my full allowance of 250ml semi skimmed. Don`t like whole milk. Aren`t I fussy!!
I dont think it really matters that we dont have the full allowance of our hex's, its just to educate people to have the correct amount of calcium/fibre. They say it wont make any difference to our weight loss if you dont have it/all of it, but each hex is approx 6 syns/120 calories, so personally I dont want to miss out any food lol! I very rarely have all of my milk and quite often dont have the 2nd hexb if im on a red or green day, but we need that certain amount of calories I suppose to help with weight loss x

:( well after a fab start on Friday I've had a terrible weekend, pizza last night and afternoon tea today. Scales are not going to be kind to me on Tuesday
You never know Donna, sometimes those extra calories boost weight loss. But I bet you enjoyed it tho, so dont worry about the scales, whats more important......

officially disgusted!! ate like a little pig and feeling horrible. still doing three miles when can. know its not much but its taking me all my time to get back into it. been out a good few times since holiday but still feeling it.
onwards and upwards ladies....or should that be downwards lol

officially disgusted!! ate like a little pig and feeling horrible. still doing three miles when can. know its not much but its taking me all my time to get back into it. been out a good few times since holiday but still feeling it.
onwards and upwards ladies....or should that be downwards lol

Its so hard to get out of the holiday mood Deb and I think we're all struggling a bit. You're at target Deb so try not to be too hard on yourself. Why not try and be 'good' during the week, running, healthy eating etc and then at the weekends loosen the reigns a wee bit. At least then you'll be balancing yourself out and then not feel so horrible on a Monday morning x

Woo hoooo!!! I lost 2.5lb!! 10st 13.5lb!!!

Its so hard to get out of the holiday mood Deb and I think we're all struggling a bit. You're at target Deb so try not to be too hard on yourself. Why not try and be 'good' during the week, running, healthy eating etc and then at the weekends loosen the reigns a wee bit. At least then you'll be balancing yourself out and then not feel so horrible on a Monday morning x

oh i know kim but i was really really bad. I dont mind being strict during the week and having wine and maybe some crisps but it was a step backward and i feel it. The place i was at preholiday is where i want to be back at. Just need to focus. I am not unhappy as i am still 7-8 pounds lighter than i was but to be focused is much better.

how are you today?

Reporting my weigh in!! STS this week. As I`ve had some good results recently, I think I can live with that!:)
The 8`s are VERY close, not giving up now!! :D

Updating on the trouble my family have had recently. Police advised my son to go to CAB which he did this morning. his boss wasn`t too happy about him taking the morning off work but that`s too bad under the circumstances.

Having explained what happened on Friday he`s been given an appointment for Wednesday to go into it further. It will also give him the opportunity to get together the paperwork CAB have requested. Passports and birth certificates for every member of the family plus his marriage certificate. They even want details for their dogs!!

As their adorable miniature dashchunds have names that can be used by people (Bella & Bruno) CAB have heard of this sort of thing happening to pets as well as children!! What is the world coming too!! Next stop is their vet. This is to get confirmation that Bella and Bruno are dogs and not people. Between the CAB and the police it should get sorted soon (hopefully!)

oh i know kim but i was really really bad. I dont mind being strict during the week and having wine and maybe some crisps but it was a step backward and i feel it. The place i was at preholiday is where i want to be back at. Just need to focus. I am not unhappy as i am still 7-8 pounds lighter than i was but to be focused is much better.

how are you today?
Right then lady, you need to take some of your own advice that you gave me last week.......report in with a 100% day daily ok! :)
Im on day 4 now, so get your skinny butt out of this slump and you'll be back to where you were a few weeks ago!
Im ok thanks, much better on the increased meds and keeping busy...... scrubbed the inside of the oven doors this morning! I have a list of little jobs that need doing and I'm working my way thru them slowly! x

Reporting my weigh in!! STS this week. As I`ve had some good results recently, I think I can live with that!:)
The 8`s are VERY close, not giving up now!! :D

Updating on the trouble my family have had recently. Police advised my son to go to CAB which he did this morning. his boss wasn`t too happy about him taking the morning off work but that`s too bad under the circumstances.

Having explained what happened on Friday he`s been given an appointment for Wednesday to go into it further. It will also give him the opportunity to get together the paperwork CAB have requested. Passports and birth certificates for every member of the family plus his marriage certificate. They even want details for their dogs!!

As their adorable miniature dashchunds have names that can be used by people (Bella & Bruno) CAB have heard of this sort of thing happening to pets as well as children!! What is the world coming too!! Next stop is their vet. This is to get confirmation that Bella and Bruno are dogs and not people. Between the CAB and the police it should get sorted soon (hopefully!)
Well done on the sts Annette, espe ially with all the family dramas you're having!
Its good to hear its all getting sorted, but what a stressful time they must be having.... cant believe they need proof about the dogs! But if it means it gets sorted, needs must x

PIES SMALLER THIGHS CHALLENGE
Start date 23 Sept

NIKKI - goal is to be 9st 7lbs NO - 10st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 11st 1lb, Wk 2: 11st 2lbs, Wk 3: 10st 13.5lbs

ANNETTE - goal is to be at target of 8.7st ( Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 6lbs, Wk 2: 9st 3lbs, Wk 3: 9st 3lbs

SINEAD -goal is to be at target of 8.0st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk1: 9st 6.8lbs, Wk 2: 9st 5lbs, Wk 3: 9st 4lbs

RONNIE - goal is to be 9.7st (Tuesday 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 5lbs, Wk 2: 10st 4.5lbs, Wk 3:

DONNA - goal is to be at target of 9.7st (Tues 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 1.5lbs, Wk 2: 9st 13lbs, Wk 3:

JO - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Thurs 19th Dec)
Wk1: 9st 12.5lbs, Wk 2: 9st 12.5lbs, Wk 3:

KIM - goal is to maintain at 8.7 - 8.11st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 0.25lbs, Wk 2: 9st 1.25lbs, Wk 3:

DEBBIE- goal is to maintain at 8.9 - 8.10st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: 8st 9.75lbs, Wk 2: 8st 11lbs, Wk 3:

LAURA - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: ?, Wk 2: ?, Wk 3 :

DEB - goal is to be at target of 8.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 8st 3.25lbs, Wk 2: 8st 2.25lbs, Wk 3:

JENNA - goal is to be at target of 8st 9lbs (Saturday 21stDec)
Wk 1: 9st 4lbs, Wk 2: 9st 2.5lbs, Wk 3:

Last edited:
Kim - Thanks for the advice re: the food at the AGM. I just forgot about it and started again this next day. Oh and hope you are feel better soon. Could you not look up You Tube for some Yoga workouts until you are feeling better?

Donna - So glad you took that rest. I don't know how many times I had to rest when I should have been doing my long runs. I did feel awful but it had to be done. I took a whole week out because of the pain in my foot. My immune system seemed to have be low and I got sick all the time. But hey, I did it and missing out on some runs did no bother.

Well done to everyone on their losses.

Well after having a blip on Wednesday night, I was good the rest of the week until I went to a friends house on Saturday night had had a wee bit too much to drink and some nibbles. Luckily this friend is also on SW so her nibbles were veg sticks with dips and a cheese board (ok bad but I didn't have much for my HEA). Then the next day I died the death. I made some magic pancakes and then DH suggested we get a carvery Sunday dinner so I did and it was needed. I just thought that's it I have put on weight. But I managed to lose 1lbs!!! I am down to 9st 4lbs! And I felt bloated this morning but really couldn't go (TMI - sorry) but when I did I weighed myself again tonight and I am 9st 3lbs! :D Don't know which one I should be taking as my weight but I am thinking it's the 9st 4lbs since that was at the time I normally weigh myself.

Well done on the loss Sinead. Sometimes the body does do weird things when you're expecting a gain!
Ill have a look on You Tube thanks, but im not really much of a yoga fun, I prefer to sweat lol! Not that I have much chance of that at the moment, but I'll still check it as you never know.
I'll update you on the Challenge
Haha I think a lot of us have done the 'loo thing' where we weigh ourselves before and after going to the loo! I had to prove to hubby one day that I couldnt weigh myself after a cup of coffee cos it weighed a pound and he wouldnt believe me until I'd weighed it...the coffee that is. I think we all try and go to big toilet before WI tho haha!

Last edited:
:( i've woke up with a sore throat. At my mum and dads until tomorrow so my sister is going to do my highlights and i'm going to raid the cupboard for something I can make a soup with!

Oh dear Nikki, nought worse than a sore throat! Drink plenty and take regular paracetamol. If you have any tea tree oil, put some in some warm water and gargle with it....tastes minging, but does the job :) x

Plan today is to get all the ingredients to make some sweet chilli jelly, pineapple chutney and xmas pudding. Im making the chutneys and jellys for xmas prezzies, so making double bumpers of both. Pickles are already made, so just need some baskets and I'm all sorted on the prezzie front for xmas. Xmas pud is for us! Dont really like xmas pud, but have made this recipe before and its pretty spesh.
Where would I buy celophane and straw? I need the straw to lay the jars on and the celophane to wrap the baskets. Thought you might know Nikki cos you're the arty one on here :) x

Back