Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

needless to say guys i have been stuck in a hole of greed. box of after eights, buffet food, oven chips etc. really bad and scales showing 4 or 5lb gain (need check last week weight). not sure what i am playing at as i have been out doing 3 miles most nights then eating rubbish. i have put on more than i did with a two week all inclusive holiday. hoping some of it isn't real but bloat but i need to refocus. its my birthday coming up and i have a spa day so i think i have been using it as an excuse to eat anything as i will be on certain days. but if i cut back til then i will at least be making progress x

Hiya ladies.

Having a bit of a funny week. OH's granny is in hospital and things are looking bleak :( he has just shot off to hospital now as they are turning the machines of because she isn't responding to treatment and they can't wake her :( its so sad but i'm trying to stay strong for him and Millie. They have said they are making her comfortable.

We were meant to be going away tomorrow until Monday so not sure that we will be now. We will have to see how today pans out.

Star week this week and the scales havent budged yet. I have had 2 days fully on plan since monday so really it was only Tuesday things went a bit wayward. Trying to stick to plan as much as I can now but I have been suffering with a throbbing headache for 3 weeks now. Not sure if its down to my contacts not being strong enough, disrupted sleep, wine or a mixture of them all. I have new contacts with a new prescription and i'm going to collect them hopefully today.

I have a docs appointment tomorrow to get my pill so I might mention the headaches when I go.

Also, I'm going to put my food back in my diary because I keep a paper one but I think if you all see it you may be able to give me hints and tips on how to boost the weight loss.

x

Fab news Annette, will keep fingers and toes crossed for you. It sounds perfect..

I maintained this week, happy with that after the weekend, hoping for a good loss this week-so far off to a good start (2 days down) let's see if the weekend lets me down again.
Good news on the sts Donna. Have you stuff on at the weekend then? x

Oh but my knee is playing up, not massively, but I felt a twinge at work and then have had a couple of moments where I've had shooting pains in it :( Please please please don't let it chuff up my marathon
You do need to rest it as much as possible Donna and as Debbie says can you not wear a knee brace during the day to give it some support? Keep taking the Brufen and I'm sure by the weekend you'll be getting a run in and then start your pre marathon prep. Adrenaline will get you through the marathon as well, but I can empathise with your frustration because you've worked so hard with your training and then to get an injury is infuriating.......it happens a lot! x

Kim you have been busy. good for you. how have you been? i see you have the meds under control. how is Charlie?
I would post some pics of all my hard work, but for some reason the site wont let me!
In herself Charlie seems fine and the limp isnt getting any worse, but her breathing does seem to have changed slightly, so it could have spread to her lungs. :( Im taking her to the vets today just to get her checked over and see if there's anything she can have to help her breathing a bit. We dont want her xrayed again to see if it has spread to her lungs, cos whats the point apart from stressing her out being in the vets all day waiting for the xray. We're not going to treat her any different if its spread, we're just going to keep her comfy, painfree and happy as long as possible....thanks for asking Deb :) x

needless to say guys i have been stuck in a hole of greed. box of after eights, buffet food, oven chips etc. really bad and scales showing 4 or 5lb gain (need check last week weight). not sure what i am playing at as i have been out doing 3 miles most nights then eating rubbish. i have put on more than i did with a two week all inclusive holiday. hoping some of it isn't real but bloat but i need to refocus. its my birthday coming up and i have a spa day so i think i have been using it as an excuse to eat anything as i will be on certain days. but if i cut back til then i will at least be making progress x
Naughty naughty Deb! :rolleyes: What are up to young lady? You know you will regret eating that type of food, so why do it? When you weigh tomorrow will you be happy with the result.....probably not?! I know its difficult to get back on plan after a holiday and thinking back most of us have struggled, but with a spa day and birthday coming up, you need to get rid of those pounds before they take a grip......telling off over :mad:
When is the spa day and your birthday? Now come on then lady, as of tomorrow you're going to be on plan 100% everyday and lets see if we can shift those pesky pound!. You said this to me last week, cos I was struggling and now I'm returning the favour.
GET BACK ON PLAN TOMORROW! !!
DAILY REPORT
xx

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sorry Nikki, I must have been writing my post at the same time as yours this morning so I missed it.
Sorry to hear about your OH's Nana, its so sad when that happens and unfortunately I've been there so many times with my job. Stay strong for him and my thoughts are with you both.
Good idea about posting your food on your diary here. Not only can you keep a record of what you're having, but it makes you accountable for what you're eating, so hopefully no naughties. I certainly noticed a change in my eating habits when I stopped doing my diary, as in I was being off plan a lot more than on, but since I've gone back to writing it I've been on plan a week now and am not so tempted to have chocciegate!

Sorry Nikki, I must have been writing my post at the same time as yours this morning so I missed it. Sorry to hear about your OH's Nana, its so sad when that happens and unfortunately I've been there so many times with my job. Stay strong for him and my thoughts are with you both. Good idea about posting your food on your diary here. Not only can you keep a record of what you're having, but it makes you accountable for what you're eating, so hopefully no naughties. I certainly noticed a change in my eating habits when I stopped doing my diary, as in I was being off plan a lot more than on, but since I've gone back to writing it I've been on plan a week now and am not so tempted to have chocciegate! Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

She passed away just after 11am. Needless to say today went to pot and tomorrow is our weekend away. Back on plan from Monday x

You do need to rest it as much as possible Donna and as Debbie says can you not wear a knee brace during the day to give it some support? Keep taking the Brufen and I'm sure by the weekend you'll be getting a run in and then start your pre marathon prep. Adrenaline will get you through the marathon as well, but I can empathise with your frustration because you've worked so hard with your training and then to get an injury is infuriating.......it happens a lot! x

I would post some pics of all my hard work, but for some reason the site wont let me!
In herself Charlie seems fine and the limp isnt getting any worse, but her breathing does seem to have changed slightly, so it could have spread to her lungs. :( Im taking her to the vets today just to get her checked over and see if there's anything she can have to help her breathing a bit. We dont want her xrayed again to see if it has spread to her lungs, cos whats the point apart from stressing her out being in the vets all day waiting for the xray. We're not going to treat her any different if its spread, we're just going to keep her comfy, painfree and happy as long as possible....thanks for asking Deb :) x

Naughty naughty Deb! :rolleyes: What are up to young lady? You know you will regret eating that type of food, so why do it? When you weigh tomorrow will you be happy with the result.....probably not?! I know its difficult to get back on plan after a holiday and thinking back most of us have struggled, but with a spa day and birthday coming up, you need to get rid of those pounds before they take a grip......telling off over :mad:
When is the spa day and your birthday? Now come on then lady, as of tomorrow you're going to be on plan 100% everyday and lets see if we can shift those pesky pound!. You said this to me last week, cos I was struggling and now I'm returning the favour.
DAILY REPORT
xx

awe Kim i am a riot!! i am being so lazy. you are right as always! i just need that one day to kick me off.
birthday is Tuesday but spa day is Wed. its a really expensive place but i got a spa day thru work. so excited but the high tea alone consits of sandwiches and cake but its so expensive to eat there and menu doesn't appeal anyway that i suggested to my sister we go somewhere for full English to keep us going til dinner. basically i am seeing it as an obstacle which is giving me the excuse to eat crap. will get on plan after weigh in, refocus and get back to basics
mmwwahh

She passed away just after 11am. Needless to say today went to pot and tomorrow is our weekend away. Back on plan from Monday x

Condolences Nikki to you and your family x

Have you been resting it? How many days to your marathon? I hope it'll settle down for you. What about wearing a support on it while your standing in work?

I've ordered some knee supports for when I run but didn't think of using them at work, good idea.
I've been taking my Ibepurfen, putting and ice pack on it and resting when I can, skipping pilates tonight as I'm just so tired. I'm also starting to only wear flats at work until at least a week after the marathon as my mum thinks it might be wearing heals all day and then running (our friend had leg troubles when running and it turned out she was sitting funny at work and that was causing it)

Come on Deb you can do it!

DAILY REPORT
xx

I have nothing on this weekend except for a 7 mile race, its one our club is putting on so I'm only running it because of that ad won't actually be racing it. There is a free hog roast after, but I'll count the bread as my syns for that day.

Sorry to hear that Nikki, hope your all okay and don't worry about not being on plan xx

Nikki really sorry to hear about your OH's granny. Thinking of you all at this sad time. x

Annette fingers crossed for you.

Donna really home that knee of yours is ok for the marathon. Definitely get a support.

Tonight is the last of my exercises until Monday. I have done three walks during my lunch totally to 4.5 miles, two runs totally to 8.5 miles and tonight did a crossfit classes with high intensity squat thrusters using 2 8kg kettle bells and lots and lots of burpees! lol I normally run on Saturday mornings but this weekend is our clubs annual race. Not going to do it but just going to help out. I am that tired now I still haven't managed to get to the shower! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

awe Kim i am a riot!! i am being so lazy. you are right as always! i just need that one day to kick me off.
birthday is Tuesday but spa day is Wed. its a really expensive place but i got a spa day thru work. so excited but the high tea alone consits of sandwiches and cake but its so expensive to eat there and menu doesn't appeal anyway that i suggested to my sister we go somewhere for full English to keep us going til dinner. basically i am seeing it as an obstacle which is giving me the excuse to eat crap. will get on plan after weigh in, refocus and get back to basics
mmwwahh

Why dont you just eat as healthily as you can til Tuesday, enjoy your birthday and spa day and then hit the ground running! There's no need to put added pressure on yourself, so just take it easy til then, see what WI brings tomorrow and maybe that will give you a kick up the butt.....:p x

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words. She had just turned 81 on Monday and she obviously held out to meet Millie and wasn't in any pain. There isn't much that can be done over the weekend so we have decided to still take Millie to the seaside.

The weather was just awful last night and I'm dreading how it will sound in the caravan!

Luckily the scales are the same as they were on Monday. Not sure I'll be so lucky after this weekends food and drink though but I will be home too late to weigh on Monday so I'll have to go to another group. Possibly Tuesdays. X

Morning all. Weigh in for me today 8st10.5
It's my birthday Wednesday and my hubby is bringing me away sat for the night! Kids are going to my mums and are all excited! I'm looking forward to some time on our own!!
We had frost here last night....the temperatures have taken a dip for sure. Hope everyone has a nice day.

Why dont you just eat as healthily as you can til Tuesday, enjoy your birthday and spa day and then hit the ground running! There's no need to put added pressure on yourself, so just take it easy til then, see what WI brings tomorrow and maybe that will give you a kick up the butt.....:p x

yes that is my plan. just got into a habit of eating for eating sake but today is a new day. scales showing 2.75gain i think. will check what i was last week. i weigh 8st 4.75lb.
i am not really concerned with the scales per se but at the rubbish i have been eating as i really am at my best when in control.
still running and after this week i will focus on getting up to 4 miles.
thanks to you all and happy Friday ;-)

yes that is my plan. just got into a habit of eating for eating sake but today is a new day. scales showing 2.75gain i think. will check what i was last week. i weigh 8st 4.75lb. i am not really concerned with the scales per se but at the rubbish i have been eating as i really am at my best when in control. still running and after this week i will focus on getting up to 4 miles. thanks to you all and happy Friday ;-)

Deb is it your birthday Tuesday?
Mine is Wednesday!!! I'm 35:(

Well done on the loss Debbie and another birthday girk mext week :)

Oh well Deb, has that given you the boost to try and watch what you eat or are going to leave it until after your birthday? x

Well Im totally gobsmacked this morning.....I've put on 1.75lbs taking me to 9.3! Its definitely not the food cos I've been on plan since last week, so I'm going to have to put the onus on the drugs......being bunged up and retaining fluid! Not a lot I can do about it, so I'll plod on Macduff!
Im going to have a Red week and see if that helps, cos last week was mainly Green.....worth a try!

6PIES SMALLER THIGHS CHALLENGE
Start date 23 Sept

NIKKI - goal is to be 9st 7lbs NO - 10st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 11st 1lb, Wk 2: 11st 2lbs, Wk 3: 10st 13.5lbs

ANNETTE - goal is to be at target of 8.7st ( Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 6lbs, Wk 2: 9st 3lbs, Wk 3: 9st 3lbs

SINEAD -goal is to be at target of 8.0st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk1: 9st 6.8lbs, Wk 2: 9st 5lbs, Wk 3: 9st 4lbs

RONNIE - goal is to be 9.7st (Tuesday 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 5lbs, Wk 2: 10st 4.5lbs, Wk 3: 10st 3lbs

DONNA - goal is to be at target of 9.7st (Tues 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 1.5lbs, Wk 2: 9st 13lbs, Wk 3: 9st 13lbs

JO - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Thurs 19th Dec)
Wk1: 9st 12.5lbs, Wk 2: 9st 12.5lbs, Wk 3:

KIM - goal is to maintain at 8.7 - 8.11st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 0.25lbs, Wk 2: 9st 1.25lbs, Wk 3: 9st 3lbs

DEBBIE- goal is to maintain at 8.9 - 8.10st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: 8st 9.75lbs, Wk 2: 8st 11lbs, Wk 3: 8st 10.5lbs

LAURA - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: 9st 5lbs, Wk 2: 9st 2lbs, Wk 3 : 9st 3lbs

DEB - goal is to be at target of 8.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 8st 3.25lbs, Wk 2: 8st 2.25lbs, Wk 3: 8st 4.75lbs

JENNA - goal is to be at target of 8st 9lbs (Saturday 21stDec)
Wk 1: 9st 4lbs, Wk 2: 9st 2.5lbs, Wk 3: 9st 2lbs

Last edited:
Back