Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

The weather was just awful last night and I'm dreading how it will sound in the caravan!

Nikki I remember when we used to have our caravan. We went to it most weekends including during the winter and although its lovely in the nice weather it is was also so cosy in the windy, wet days too. So hopeful it will not be too bad for you and it would do you all good to get a way for a wee while. xx

Morning all.It's my birthday Wednesday and my hubby is bringing me away sat for the night!
Happy Birthday Deb and hope you have a lovely time. x

At last I have an answer to the reason for the weight gain......the nerve drug I've been taking is the culprit! I've just been on their support group and I was amazed at the responses the people gave....mainly weight gain! It also talked about other side effects as well...... memory loss, muddled speach, dropping things,forgetting peoples names etc etc......I have them all and its only been really noticable since I've been on an increased dose! I thought I was going nuts, so its good to see that other people are experiencing the same symptoms as me!
Im seeing my GP on Monday, so will have a chat with her about it, because I am not happy at all about all my nasty side effects. If the drug really helped maybe I could put up with all these horrible effects, but I think not. It seems to be causing more grief than helping. Its a good job my hubby is only home at weekends otherwise he would getting the men in white coats for me lol!
At least I've noticed it early, so hopefully something can be done.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

At last I have an answer to the reason for the weight gain......the nerve drug I've been taking is the culprit! I've just been on their support group and I was amazed at the responses the people gave....mainly weight gain! It also talked about other side effects as well...... memory loss, muddled speach, dropping things,forgetting peoples names etc etc......I have them all and its only been really noticable since I've been on an increased dose! I thought I was going nuts, so its good to see that other people are experiencing the same symptoms as me! Im seeing my GP on Monday, so will have a chat with her about it, because I am not happy at all about all my nasty side effects. If the drug really helped maybe I could put up with all these horrible effects, but I think not. It seems to be causing more grief than helping. Its a good job my hubby is only home at weekends otherwise he would getting the men in white coats for me lol! At least I've noticed it early, so hopefully something can be done. Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Kim that's awful, hopefully your GP will find an alternative. You know yourself you are eating well so you are doing all you can xxx

In the library and tried to send a post.

Typed it all out but the library's computer wouldn't send it! GRRR!!!

Will update on the flat viewing when I get home!

Back on track properly today. Thanks ladies I will try and get a proper picture once my friend is back from the honeymoon and she gets the proper pictures from the photographer. Luckily I didn't have to feature in many haha ;-)

Sorry to hear about your loss Nikki.

Hope the knee improves Donna. A support and rest can make a big difference in healing just rest when you can.

Oh Kim that's not so good hope they find a different drug that works for you without the weight gain!

Enjoy the spa day Deb (my memory is awful think it was deb lol??)

OK updates for the challenge, the first week Kim I was 9st 5lb (this was an artificial gain though as had a big meal out the previous night), then last week was 9st 2lb and today was 9st 3lb. Really pleased to have only gained a 1lb as was away for pretty much 3 full days so food was outwith my control, and then just been free styling since I got back. So let's get head back in the game and lose these pesky last 3lb!!! X

Thats not a bad gain at all Laura, especially with all the off plan food you must have had at the wedding. Your target will be upon you in no time x

I've had fun making homemade granola today and working out the syns lol! Basically I worked out how many calories was in each item, totalled it and then worked out the syns. It works out I can only have 25g per hexb, but it will be worth it cos it is rather scrummy.

Now that I can see my last post was accepted I can now post properly about yesterday!!

The flat we viewed is in a sheltered housing complex. Although I don`t need sheltered housing, it means that I can pop out for a few hours without having to organise care for hubby. I can ask the warden to pop in to keep an eye on him.

The flat itself is very nice, one bedroom on the groung floor and overlooking the communal gardens. They have some one to tend the garden so we have all the nice parts about having a garden without the upkeep!! (hate mowing grass!!)
This was just a flying visit to briefly show us round as yet we haven`t officially been offered it. The layout of the kitchen means that although we can fit our dining table and chairs, we can`t fit in our washing machine. There is an on site laundry (free of charge) - Not sure yet what we`ll do with our own machine!! The security is very good with an intercom system. So nobody can gain access without being let in by a resident or member of staff. It isn`t a care home so you can come and go as you please but some of the residents have outside carers visit several times a day to tend to them.

On Monday, we have to back with I.D. and proof of our National Insurance numbers. At that point the warden will go through the tenancy agreement and anything else we need to know. The official offer and moving date are sent to us by post from the housing association. It`s a lifetime tenancy so that`s a weight off our minds. The place we`re in at the moment has a fixed term tenancy which runs out in October of next year. WE won`t be penalised by leaving early as although it`s privately owned it`s managed by a housing association. All we have to do is give four weeks notice.

Reading between the lines, I think we`ve got the flat. I`m going to ask on Maonday whether this is the case. Then we`ll need the written confirmation from the housing association. So it`s looking good!!

Annette, the flat sounds perfect and what a weight off your mind it will be knowing that your hubby can be looked after when you go out....didn't realise he was that dependant. It will also give you a degree of independence. Billy bargain on the garden, no upkeep for you but all the pleasures. I really hope you're successful and certainly sounds as tho you are if they're asking you to bring certain paperwork.
You could always sell your washing machine on ebay or put it on freecycle, but you'll be saving on electric as well not having one!
Let us know how you get on and I hope it all works out for you x

Now that I can see my last post was accepted I can now post properly about yesterday!!

The flat we viewed is in a sheltered housing complex. Although I don`t need sheltered housing, it means that I can pop out for a few hours without having to organise care for hubby. I can ask the warden to pop in to keep an eye on him.

The flat itself is very nice, one bedroom on the groung floor and overlooking the communal gardens. They have some one to tend the garden so we have all the nice parts about having a garden without the upkeep!! (hate mowing grass!!)
This was just a flying visit to briefly show us round as yet we haven`t officially been offered it. The layout of the kitchen means that although we can fit our dining table and chairs, we can`t fit in our washing machine. There is an on site laundry (free of charge) - Not sure yet what we`ll do with our own machine!! The security is very good with an intercom system. So nobody can gain access without being let in by a resident or member of staff. It isn`t a care home so you can come and go as you please but some of the residents have outside carers visit several times a day to tend to them.

On Monday, we have to back with I.D. and proof of our National Insurance numbers. At that point the warden will go through the tenancy agreement and anything else we need to know. The official offer and moving date are sent to us by post from the housing association. It`s a lifetime tenancy so that`s a weight off our minds. The place we`re in at the moment has a fixed term tenancy which runs out in October of next year. WE won`t be penalised by leaving early as although it`s privately owned it`s managed by a housing association. All we have to do is give four weeks notice.

Reading between the lines, I think we`ve got the flat. I`m going to ask on Maonday whether this is the case. Then we`ll need the written confirmation from the housing association. So it`s looking good!!

annette this is exactly the same set up my gran has and its great. she moved in due to her husband who passed away. that was 20 years ago and she is still there.
hope it works out as it does sound ideal for you x

It`s funny I don`t feel old enough to qualify for sheltered housing!

Strictly speaking I`m not. For this place you had to be over 55 and have some sort of medical need. That means hubby qualifies, I`m just tagging along!! (ha!ha!) To qualify without a medical need you have to be over 60.

There`s some there that are over 60 and still working!!

It`s funny I don`t feel old enough to qualify for sheltered housing!

Strictly speaking I`m not. For this place you had to be over 55 and have some sort of medical need. That means hubby qualifies, I`m just tagging along!! (ha!ha!) To qualify without a medical need you have to be over 60.

There`s some there that are over 60 and still working!!

Have you heard anything yet Annette?

New week starting, so good luck to everyone this week and lets hope the weightloss fairy is kind to us all this week :)

NO PIES SMALLER THIGHS CHALLENGE
Start date 23 Sept

NIKKI - goal is to be 9st 7lbs NO - 10st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 11st 1lb, Wk 2: 11st 2lbs, Wk 3: 10st 13.5lbs, Wk 4: No WI

ANNETTE - goal is to be at target of 8.7st ( Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 6lbs, Wk 2: 9st 3lbs, Wk 3: 9st 3lbs, Wk 4: 9st 5lbs

SINEAD -goal is to be at target of 8.0st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk1: 9st 6.8lbs, Wk 2: 9st 5lbs, Wk 3: 9st 4lbs, Wk 4: 9st 3lbs

RONNIE - goal is to be 9.7st (Tuesday 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 5lbs, Wk 2: 10st 4.5lbs, Wk 3: 10st 3lbs, Wk 4: 10st 3.5lbs

DONNA - goal is to be at target of 9.7st (Tues 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 1.5lbs, Wk 2: 9st 13lbs, Wk 3: 9st 13lbs, Wk 4: 10st

JO - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Thurs 19th Dec)
Wk1: 9st 12.5lbs, Wk 2: 9st 12.5lbs, Wk 3: ?, Wk 4 :

KIM - goal is to maintain at 8.7 - 8.11st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 0.25lbs, Wk 2: 9st 1.25lbs, Wk 3: 9st 3lbs, Wk 4:

DEBBIE- goal is to maintain at 8.9 - 8.10st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: 8st 9.75lbs, Wk 2: 8st 11lbs, Wk 3: 8st 10.5lbs, Wk 4:

LAURA - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: 9st 5lbs, Wk 2: 9st 2lbs, Wk 3 : 9st 3lbs, Wk 4:

DEB - goal is to be at target of 8.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 8st 3.25lbs, Wk 2: 8st 2.25lbs, Wk 3: 8st 4.75lbs,Wk 4:

JENNA - goal is to be at target of 8st 9lbs (Saturday 21stDec)
Wk 1: 9st 4lbs, Wk 2: 9st 2.5lbs, Wk 3: 9st 2lbs, Wk 4:

Last edited:
Have you heard anything yet Annette?

We`re on our way for a more in-depth visit today at 1.30pm!!
That`s when the warden goes through the tennancy agreement and anything else we need to know.
Officially we don`t get an offer today that`s done in writting by the housing association but I am going to ask (nicely)
whether this second visit means that we have a good chance of an offer.
We got our quartely statement from our current housing association this morning. Our current landlord is a bit greedy. Theire charging £40 per week more than the prospective new one! And there`s no facilities included, it`s just the rent!! Not that we pay it!!

We paid our taxes for more than 30 years so I don`t feel bad about claiming anything now. I think we`ve earned it! :)

Forgot to say, I did my weigh in earlier.
2lb gain!! GGGRRR!!!

Think I`ll do a couple of red days to see how it goes!! My eating habits were all over the place last week.

I`ll update on my son & grandson later!!

We`re on our way for a more in-depth visit today at 1.30pm!!
That`s when the warden goes through the tennancy agreement and anything else we need to know.
Officially we don`t get an offer today that`s done in writting by the housing association but I am going to ask (nicely)
whether this second visit means that we have a good chance of an offer.
We got our quartely statement from our current housing association this morning. Our current landlord is a bit greedy. Theire charging £40 per week more than the prospective new one! And there`s no facilities included, it`s just the rent!! Not that we pay it!!

We paid our taxes for more than 30 years so I don`t feel bad about claiming anything now. I think we`ve earned it! :)

Ooh fingers crossed Annette. Some people are greedy b******, but I would have thought there should be a standard rent system in place to stop people doing that?!
I feel a bit like that as well Annette, as in I pay stupid amounts into an insurance policy every month, so have no guilt when I'm off sick claiming on it like I am now.
Let us know how you get on x

Forgot to say, I did my weigh in earlier.
2lb gain!! GGGRRR!!!

Think I`ll do a couple of red days to see how it goes!! My eating habits were all over the place last week.

I`ll update on my son & grandson later!!

Pfftt, whats 2lb in the grand scheme of things when you've done so well in what you've lost........ 4 st whoop whoop! Sometimes our weight and trying to lose it is the last thing we should be thinking about. Red ideas are a good idea and like you I'm doing them this week as well, but you are so close to target we need to try anything to get rid of those last few pesky blighters lol!
Working out your BMI at 9st 5lbs its 22.5 which is a very healthy weight to be at.....would you not consider calling target?

Last edited:
Didnt get back in time for weigh in this morning and i'm going to stay at my mum and dads whilst OH is working away so I'm hoping I might get to Thursdays weigh in but not sure if i will otherwise i'll just wait until next monday.

10 weighs in to go including next week :)

I've been spot on this week, but getting really nervous about WI, more nervous then when I'm bad :/

Not sure what to do about my training tomorrow, I did a 7 mile race yesterday, my knee has hurt a little today not loads but its there.... do I skip running completely and just hope all's okay for the marathon on Sunday, do I crosstrain tomorrow, or do I go to training but take it really steady?

Don't worry about the gain Annette, like Kim says its nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Ooh fingers crossed Annette. Some people are greedy b******, but I would have thought there should be a standard rent system in place to stop people doing that?!
I feel a bit like that as well Annette, as in I pay stupid amounts into an insurance policy every month, so have no guilt when I'm off sick claiming on it like I am now.
Let us know how you get on x

Pfftt, whats 2lb in the grand scheme of things when you've done so well in what you've lost........ 4 st whoop whoop! Sometimes our weight and trying to lose it is the last thing we should be thinking about. Red ideas are a good idea and like you I'm doing them this week as well, but you are so close to target we need to try anything to get rid of those last few pesky blighters lol!
Working out your BMI at 9st 5lbs its 22.5 which is a very healthy weight to be at.....would you not consider calling target?

Got a cheesey grin on my face!! We`ve got the flat!!
We have to give four weeks notice to our current landlord so we`ll be moved by the end of November!! :D

Kim, regarding housing benefit, I don`t think there`s much of a system. We just had to prove our finances so it can`t be much different for others. You`d be surprised at how people react to you. Our current neighbours couldn`t be more different. On one side they`re quite nice, on the other side they look at us as if we`re something nasty they just stepped in :(
They don`t know us, they`ve just assumed we`re scroungers :(

I can see what you mean about my weight, but honestly, I`ve set my heart on dipping below 9stone. It`s a sort of magic number!! :)

Back