Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

I also would love to be 8'7, but I cant seem to drop below 9. Got to 8'10 for about a week at the tail end of last year. I am most struggling with stcking to the syns at the end of a night. Im fine up until about 7, after dinner, then i want anything I can

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

renster1 said:
Had my weigh in last night and was amazed to find I've lost 5 pounds! That was my first week on SW ever, and I can't believe the success!

That means I'm officially in the 9's - 9st 10lb to be exact. Aiming for my club 10 - 9st 1lb to begin with but would love to be 8st 7lb if it's possible.

I've been raving to everyone who'll listen about how great SW is, it really doesn't feel like I'm depriving myself of anything. Suppose the novelty's not wore off yet though!

I'm not expecting such a big loss next week as I know it's easier to have a bigger loss the first week, so just looking to take it slow and steady from now on.

Keep up the good work everyone!

That's fantastic, well done! I'm so pleased for you!

I'm the same, a year and a half on and I still rave about slimming world, it's been so easy and has changed my eating habits for life. I've lost 4 stone now, and the novelty still hasn't worn off - thanks to this site I'm still finding new recipes every day!

Well done again :)

dreamer1989 said:
I also would love to be 8'7, but I cant seem to drop below 9. Got to 8'10 for about a week at the tail end of last year. I am most struggling with stcking to the syns at the end of a night. Im fine up until about 7, after dinner, then i want anything I can

I'm the same so mine are hidden away. See if I get a better loss without them x

dreamer1989 said:

I found that I got the best losses even if I had my full 15 syn allowance, so allow yourself that extra Choc and see if it works :) x

Hello
Im looking forward to, hopefully, joining this group following my WI on Friday. I was here last year but following surgery, I managed to put on a whopping 2 stone after reaching target of 8.7!

charliemm said:
I found that I got the best losses even if I had my full 15 syn allowance, so allow yourself that extra Choc and see if it works :) x

Really. Wow i may try that next week if I dont get a good loss this week

kim63 said:
Hello
Im looking forward to, hopefully, joining this group following my WI on Friday. I was here last year but following surgery, I managed to put on a whopping 2 stone after reaching target of 8.7!

Hi Kim, hope you're feeling alright now. I'm still around although I've finally decided to go for 8 stone, my body decided it wanted to be in the 9's for xmas.

Tried again today, just slipped over the syns at 19. I dont want to berate myself, it was the first day back at college, I am going to try again tomorrow :) or today technically.

Hi Kim, hope you're feeling alright now. I'm still around although I've finally decided to go for 8 stone, my body decided it wanted to be in the 9's for xmas.

Hi Kate....good to see that some of the 'oldies' are still around as Im a second timer!!!
Wow, 8 stone thats a lovely number I hope to see some day....you go girl, Im sure you will look fabulous. What made you decide to drop your target? How have you been getting on since I was last here, have you been maintaining?
Good to 'chat' again :talk017:

Hi Kate....good to see that some of the 'oldies' are still around as Im a second timer!!!
Wow, 8 stone thats a lovely number I hope to see some day....you go girl, Im sure you will look fabulous. What made you decide to drop your target? How have you been getting on since I was last here, have you been maintaining?
Good to 'chat' again :talk017:

I've been maintaining around 9 stone with one week out of target range after my xmas binge (lonely Boxing day - visitors had left and hubby was working so I sat and ate about 10 SW mince pies, a large bag of wasabi poofs, a packet of pate with cheese and biscuits whilst watching tv).

I've decided to lower my target as I feel better at the lower end of my range and I'm between sizes at the moment and it will take my BMI down to about 20.5. Plus as I turn 40 this year I have a perverse urge to be 7 stone something on my birthday.

Good to see you again too. :bliss:

I've been maintaining around 9 stone with one week out of target range after my xmas binge (lonely Boxing day - visitors had left and hubby was working so I sat and ate about 10 SW mince pies, a large bag of wasabi poofs, a packet of pate with cheese and biscuits whilst watching tv).

I've decided to lower my target as I feel better at the lower end of my range and I'm between sizes at the moment and it will take my BMI down to about 20.5. Plus as I turn 40 this year I have a perverse urge to be 7 stone something on my birthday.

Good to see you again too. :bliss:

Cor thats some going with the food!!! I knew Id put on weight over Xmas as found baking passed the time after my surgery & then I obviously had to eat them all!!!!

I know what you mean about lowering the target, so know where you're coming from, as it also gives you some leeway if you put on a bit. Good luck Kate

So weigh in today puts me back at 9.4 which is what I was 2 weeks ago :/

I've been 100% all week but have had problems with bloating all week. Also I've been doing a lot of Pilates and can see some changes in my muscles.

Think this week I'm sticking to 10 syns a day, super speed soup for lunch and try to do some more cardio.

Feeling a bit poo about it in the meantime though :( x

Grrrrrr.......I knew if I posted in here to say I might be joining you this week I would put the 'skud' on it....& yes I did, gained a pound for no reason as been 100%, but I've been here before & know it just happens & there is no point in analysing it if you know hand on heart you've been 100%!!! So, I'll see you when I see you :boohoo:

kim63 said:
Grrrrrr.......I knew if I posted in here to say I might be joining you this week I would put the 'skud' on it....& yes I did, gained a pound for no reason as been 100%, but I've been here before & know it just happens & there is no point in analysing it if you know hand on heart you've been 100%!!! So, I'll see you when I see you :boohoo:

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a gain despite 100%! Gonna hit the gym again tonight and hope for a better loss next week. Good luck to you Kim, hope to see you next week!

A sneaky weigh in this morning puts me back at 9st2.5lbs :) I think the extra time at the gym has helped!

Good luck to anyone else weighing in soon!

C x

Hi ladies! Feel like i should join in after lurking for a while! Im pretty new to slimming world. I lost 2 stone with scottish slimmers but have found it creeping back on again, i love the idea of sw but am slightly scared of all the food you seem to be allowed. I exercise a lot (6+ hours a week) and think it would do me good not to be so restrictive with what i eat but need a bit of hand holding! I have happily been at 8,10 for a few years and am now at 9,6. Would love to get back down again!

lindam77 said:
Im 9st9 at the moment and am hoping to get to 9st3 am still struggling to lose at the moment.help please.:::cry:

Hi Lindam77,

What plan do you follow - red/green/EE? Are you finding it difficult to stick to plan or are you sticking to it with no results? I hit a plateau at 10 stone and having someone remind me of the basics and motivate me really helped :)

C x

Nickee said:
Hi ladies! Feel like i should join in after lurking for a while! Im pretty new to slimming world. I lost 2 stone with scottish slimmers but have found it creeping back on again, i love the idea of sw but am slightly scared of all the food you seem to be allowed. I exercise a lot (6+ hours a week) and think it would do me good not to be so restrictive with what i eat but need a bit of hand holding! I have happily been at 8,10 for a few years and am now at 9,6. Would love to get back down again!

I was dubious about the pasta, rice and potatoes as most diets seem to restrict them! However, I've lost over 4 stone on skimming world whilst enjoying foods I didn't think I should be able to eat. I think they key is in moderation, although some foods are free - it might be worth having some portion control for better losses and long term diet changes. I read somewhere on this forum that we should eat because we are hungry and not because certain foods are 'free'.

Good luck on your skimming world journey!

C x

Thanks charlie, i have been reading some of your posts and you have done so well! We are similar heights so its good to see someone on the smaller side of tall :0) Green days seem to come easiest to me, i think im scared of the freedom of ee! Having come from years of calorie counting portion control shouldnt be a problem, if anything its learning not to count anymore that i am finding difficult. I do it automatically now!

Back