Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

I'm loving the warmer weather, would be nice if it would warm up a little more....and also stay, apparently we have rain again Thursday/Friday :(

O god my 100% challenge looks awful. +2.5!!!!!!!

Just found out im going on a course in liverpool tomorrow so me n OH are getting a hotel woop!

We're wanting to go somewhere hot in Summer 2013.... have seen some good deals around £1400 all inclusive for the 3 of us, but just looked it up for this year and can get it for £1200.... do you think we're better off booking a holiday for summer 2013 now, or do you think we'll get a better deal if we wait until closer to the time?

Sorry we're completely new to this, never booked a family holiday abroad before, only Butlins lol. when we went to disneyland my boyfriends mum booked it all

donna88 said:
We're wanting to go somewhere hot in Summer 2013.... have seen some good deals around £1400 all inclusive for the 3 of us, but just looked it up for this year and can get it for £1200.... do you think we're better off booking a holiday for summer 2013 now, or do you think we'll get a better deal if we wait until closer to the time?

Sorry we're completely new to this, never booked a family holiday abroad before, only Butlins lol. when we went to disneyland my boyfriends mum booked it all

Hey Hun.

I was a travel agent for 8 years lol the best deals always come out 18 months before you want to go and so realistically for summer 2013 the best time to book was January 2012.

I haven't booked my summer holiday for next year yet because I'm waiting and watching the prices. I've seen holidays jump up by hundreds, but come down by hundreds and all within a few days.

If your not set on a particular hotel or destination I'd hold off for a bit. Free child places don't always work out cheaper either. Your best to check if 3 adults works out a better price (occasionally it does :-s)

Also, only book through companies who are ABTA and ATOL bonded ie, Thomson, Thomas cook and jet 2. At a push you could go with Olympic or cosmos ( I say at a push because there not very big companies and are the ones the recession will bite first)

Any more info let me know :)

Xxx

Hey Hun.

I was a travel agent for 8 years lol the best deals always come out 18 months before you want to go and so realistically for summer 2013 the best time to book was January 2012.

I haven't booked my summer holiday for next year yet because I'm waiting and watching the prices. I've seen holidays jump up by hundreds, but come down by hundreds and all within a few days.

If your not set on a particular hotel or destination I'd hold off for a bit. Free child places don't always work out cheaper either. Your best to check if 3 adults works out a better price (occasionally it does :-s)

Also, only book through companies who are ABTA and ATOL bonded ie, Thomson, Thomas cook and jet 2. At a push you could go with Olympic or cosmos ( I say at a push because there not very big companies and are the ones the recession will bite first)

Any more info let me know :)

Xxx

wow thanks that's all brilliant, I was looking at jet2, but we are going to have a look at a few other places. I did look at asda as well which seemed cheaper but then when you looked further they weren't including baggage or transfers, which jet2 were, so it worked out more then the prices we were getting for jet2. Not completely set on a destination, but other half is pretty fussy, we're looking at Turkey or possibly a Greek Island. But Turkey seems to be bringing up the best deals.

Although Jet2 are advertising free kids places, the ones I've looked at have included him as a paying guest so at the moment we're looking at between £400 and £500.

I'm going to have a look at Thompson ect. later but from past experience they've been more expensive! To be honest I only looked last night at Jet2 as we saw an advert on the television and I was actually looking expecting it to be really expensive but I was pleasantly surprised.

O god my 100% challenge looks awful. +2.5!!!!!!!

Just found out im going on a course in liverpool tomorrow so me n OH are getting a hotel woop!

You dont know what WI tomorrow will bring yet!!!!
Ooh love hotels! Will you eat or take your S & S shakes? x

Oooh holiday chat I LOVE holidays. As you say can be a bit of a gamble waiting and hoping to get it cheaper as it might be but it also might go up a lot too!

Booking ages in advance is good as it gives you something to look forward to means you can pay it up gradually.

Pretty much all holiday destinations have plenty on for kids and I find a lot of them are really samey so it doesn't matter too much where you pick! I don't mean that in a bad way I just mean that unless it's a city break where you are going to see all the sights etc then a lot of family holidays in the sun are pretty similar regardless of where you go, so just pick somewhere you fancy and give it a try. As long as the hotel's food is decent then all inclusive can save you a fortune as you really don't need much spending money.

I am desperate for a nice sunny holiday not been one in years now as generally do music festivals at summer and they are as expensive as a week abroad eeek!! Might do a random off peak holiday again we did that a few years ago and went to a 5star all inclusive hotel that is over £2000 each per week in summer but under £400 a week in January as they are desperate for a couple guests lol :D x

donna88 said:
wow thanks that's all brilliant, I was looking at jet2, but we are going to have a look at a few other places. I did look at asda as well which seemed cheaper but then when you looked further they weren't including baggage or transfers, which jet2 were, so it worked out more then the prices we were getting for jet2. Not completely set on a destination, but other half is pretty fussy, we're looking at Turkey or possibly a Greek Island. But Turkey seems to be bringing up the best deals.

Although Jet2 are advertising free kids places, the ones I've looked at have included him as a paying guest so at the moment we're looking at between £400 and £500.

I'm going to have a look at Thompson ect. later but from past experience they've been more expensive! To be honest I only looked last night at Jet2 as we saw an advert on the television and I was actually looking expecting it to be really expensive but I was pleasantly surprised.

Jet 2 were fab when I went with them to Egypt in 2010. It was just the fact that the planes are a but like buses and you don't get the comfort with them but on a short flight you should be ok.

I was manager of a Thomson shop and so have been on lots of there holiday and I must say they are the best company I've been with ever. I always fly long haul with them and they are amazing.

Turkey you will get great value for money and hopefully they will stay with there own currency! Having said that, I went to Crete for 2 and my gosh I ate and drank everything under the sun and went to water parks and spent £400! Bargain!!

How about Tunisia? Thats a short flight and sooooo cheap? Xx

Interesting as we want to go next year...prob sept after schools are back. Just not sure when to book.always scared to take the plunge in case we cant afford it. Such a worrier x

Oooh holiday chat I LOVE holidays. As you say can be a bit of a gamble waiting and hoping to get it cheaper as it might be but it also might go up a lot too!

Booking ages in advance is good as it gives you something to look forward to means you can pay it up gradually.

Pretty much all holiday destinations have plenty on for kids and I find a lot of them are really samey so it doesn't matter too much where you pick! I don't mean that in a bad way I just mean that unless it's a city break where you are going to see all the sights etc then a lot of family holidays in the sun are pretty similar regardless of where you go, so just pick somewhere you fancy and give it a try. As long as the hotel's food is decent then all inclusive can save you a fortune as you really don't need much spending money.

I am desperate for a nice sunny holiday not been one in years now as generally do music festivals at summer and they are as expensive as a week abroad eeek!! Might do a random off peak holiday again we did that a few years ago and went to a 5star all inclusive hotel that is over £2000 each per week in summer but under £400 a week in January as they are desperate for a couple guests lol :D x

I'm getting sort of excited talking about it, but really want to book something now as then I can properly get excited!

Jet 2 were fab when I went with them to Egypt in 2010. It was just the fact that the planes are a but like buses and you don't get the comfort with them but on a short flight you should be ok.

I was manager of a Thomson shop and so have been on lots of there holiday and I must say they are the best company I've been with ever. I always fly long haul with them and they are amazing.

Turkey you will get great value for money and hopefully they will stay with there own currency! Having said that, I went to Crete for 2 and my gosh I ate and drank everything under the sun and went to water parks and spent £400! Bargain!!

How about Tunisia? Thats a short flight and sooooo cheap? Xx

Well not had a proper look yet, going to wait for other half so we can look together, but Thomson and Thomas Cook both have good deals as well, all on different places. So will have to decide on whether we want to go Turkey, Greece or Tunisia.... or somewhere else lol. Little one will be 5 then, I can't imagine it lol, that sounds so old!

Going to take the shakes. i WANT to be good :)

Hope you have a lovely time

Really looking forward to tea tonight, boyfriend is cooking Thai Green Curry.... yum yum

All this talk of holidays is making me jealous. We arnt going on holiday this year cos america cost so much last year and cos we r getting married next year :(

Decided I will be off plan tonight, ( unless they do a nice low carb chicken dish. we are going to eat at the restaurant where we are staying and dont wanna just sit there with a shake lol

No hols for me either this year so you're not alone!

All this talk of holidays is making me jealous. We arnt going on holiday this year cos america cost so much last year and cos we r getting married next year :(

Decided I will be off plan tonight, ( unless they do a nice low carb chicken dish. we are going to eat at the restaurant where we are staying and dont wanna just sit there with a shake lol

I haven't had a hot holiday for....well I can't remember, unless you count Paris last year, we went to Disneyland, we were lucky as it was really warm, but its not a beach holiday. I can't moan too much though I suppose, we had that last year and we have Butlins booked for this year, but really fancy a hot holiday and we've not had a nice abroad holiday just us as a family yet either. We haven't done bad, went to Butlins the first year we were together, disneyland with his family last year and Butlins again this year, better them what some people have. But will be lovely to go on a nice lazy beach holiday next year.

I'm jealous, would love to go America, we both really want to go, so should really think about saving pennies!

Writing out invites for little ones party and its getting quite awkward, don't know how many to invite, have a list of ten and will ask the little girl next door round as well, but I'm not sure one if 10 will be too many as its only going to be in our house and 2 if EVERYONE comes then the party bags come in packs of 10! I suppose could put the little girl next doors in a food bag but is that harsh? (she's only 1 bless her but we went to her Birthday party and little one does like seeing her)

The only problem with cutting down numbers is I don't want people to be put out if they aren't invited :/ or more if their kids aren't invited!

Shall I just bite the bullet invite them all and if everyone comes I'll just have to make do and hope there is enough room for everyone???

donna88 said:
I haven't had a hot holiday for....well I can't remember, unless you count Paris last year, we went to Disneyland, we were lucky as it was really warm, but its not a beach holiday. I can't moan too much though I suppose, we had that last year and we have Butlins booked for this year, but really fancy a hot holiday and we've not had a nice abroad holiday just us as a family yet either. We haven't done bad, went to Butlins the first year we were together, disneyland with his family last year and Butlins again this year, better them what some people have. But will be lovely to go on a nice lazy beach holiday next year.

I'm jealous, would love to go America, we both really want to go, so should really think about saving pennies!

Writing out invites for little ones party and its getting quite awkward, don't know how many to invite, have a list of ten and will ask the little girl next door round as well, but I'm not sure one if 10 will be too many as its only going to be in our house and 2 if EVERYONE comes then the party bags come in packs of 10! I suppose could put the little girl next doors in a food bag but is that harsh? (she's only 1 bless her but we went to her Birthday party and little one does like seeing her)

The only problem with cutting down numbers is I don't want people to be put out if they aren't invited :/ or more if their kids aren't invited!

Shall I just bite the bullet invite them all and if everyone comes I'll just have to make do and hope there is enough room for everyone???

Oh so hard with little ones isn't it? Never know what to do for best. How many would it be if you invited everyone?
We had party for son first birthday in a wee soft play area. Then last year I had teddy bear picnic in the house. Was good and December is rubbish for garden party. Didn't want to start parties so young then I always feel as tho we should do something. Then again its not as easy to do day trips etc in December. It's week before Xmas so always a rubbish time financially too x

Sorry change of subject from jolly hols.....have just heard on my local radio station that Fifty Shades of Grey is the best ever selling paperback of all times, even over that 'dreadful' childrens book Harry Potter! They are also making a film of it, so who do you reckon will play Christian & Ana?!

kim63 said:
Sorry change of subject from jolly hols.....have just heard on my local radio station that Fifty Shades of Grey is the best ever selling paperback of all times, even over that 'dreadful' childrens book Harry Potter! They are also making a film of it, so who do you reckon will play Christian & Ana?!

I can't wait for the film!!! I heard that they had literally got the rights straight after the books came out. Ive heard rumours over who will play Christian but I'd love some like Amanda Seyfried to play Ana! Oooo into book 2 tonight sooooo excited!

My dress x

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120619_152853.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120619_152853.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 49
Back