Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Hope you have a fab holiday Donna!

Wow check those scales going down Laura :) bet your feeling fab! I'm on my phone so can't see stats, how tall are you again?

So WI day has arrived far too quickly for my liking! I'll be weighing on a Friday until my holiday and it will be around 6.30pm as I'll be doing it down the gym every Friday night! I'm booze free until the 1st October after this weekend :) got OH's support on it too so shouldn't be too difficult. Hoping that I'll be down the gym 3/4 times a week because I've fell back in love with it!

Kim did you WI today?

My OH has his friend up this weekend and they are going out tonight and tomorrow night so I'm planning a but of an "all by myself" evening (couple of vodkas and a takeaway) whilst reading through all my open university books that came on Wednesday! Eek! It's real!

X

icklerockchick said:
Eek not been on here in ages! Hope everyone is well :)

I am ok just been busy since going back to work - finding it hard to adjust to working shifts means sleeping and eating patterns aren't great.

Still doing weight watchers - mixture of simply filling days and propoints - finding propoints fit round my shifts better as not very hungry at work so don't have too much there but have decent evening meal and couple of treats. Seems to be working well almost at target now. Not entirely sure about my weight as I slept through today's weigh in time (been up at 5am all week so needed a long lie in!) so an hour later than usual and scales said 9st 1lb!!! Think this is unnaturally low though as was 9st 3.5lb last week and tend to only lose 1lb a week max at the moment! X

AH glad your doing good Mrs. Excellent news on the losses too. Good for you x
Nikki what course are you starting and how does open university work?

debtin said:
AH glad your doing good Mrs. Excellent news on the losses too. Good for you x
Nikki what course are you starting and how does open university work?

I'm doing an English literature and
Language degree.

OU are excellent! I signed up in may and my course starts on the 6th October. They are the biggest university in the uk and it's all distance learning so they send you all the things you need to do the course and then you have a personal tutor who you can call up and then they will set up groups in your area of there re enough students so you can go and study together. You can apply through student finance uk to fund the course for you so that you can pay your student loan back once you earn over 22k a year. Oh and you get a student card too. It's perfect for me because it allows me to do the course I've wanted to do for years but still allow me to work full time.

When the courier delivered my massive heavy box full of stuff he handed it to my dad and said "that's for a teacher that is" how freaky because that's what I want to be!!

X

Fabulous loss Laura, but why should you not believe the scales lol! 1lb from target is brilliant, WW is obviously agreeing with you x

Maybe your 'fighting' weight is 8.7 Deb! Have you thought about trying to maintain at that weight for a while to see how it goes? x

Im not doing WI every Friday Nikki as Im chilling out with it all at the moment. Good luck with your WI tonight. x

My next WI will be next week. Unfortunately, exercise has gone out the window for the moment as cant believe how tired Im feeling being back at work & getting used to the shifts again. Im on 2 nights from tonight, so will have a chilled day today.Food wise Im still following SW to the letter, with a few off plan days that I cant avoid, but Im not stressing about them. Im still a bag lady in my uniform, so really must get around to getting smaller ones, but the majority of my work I can wear mufti, so not too concerned with the odd uniform shift.

Hope you all have a good bank holiday weekend x

Wow Laura, 9 1 is amazing!!

Nikki its so exciting when the books come isnt it. I do open university as well (ive just been sat for 2 hours trying to finish my last assignment for one of my modules) I started last year so I still qualify for the lower fees which means I only pay about 1300 a year which is good.

I got my gcse results yesterday (Isat the further maths exam with my pupils) all my pupils except for 3 passed with A's and A*s which is amazing cos Im not even qualified!! And i got an A** The first ever that the school have got(mainly cos its a new grade for higher level learning) I was so happy and it has reignited my love for Maths.

Kim how is your friend doing, and you of course. Its so hard but the hospice is the best place for her. I remember when my Grandma went into one 2 years ago it was really beautiful and I kept thinking if i had to choose a place to go it would definetly be in one of those hospices.

lilprincessvic said:
Wow Laura, 9 1 is amazing!!

Nikki its so exciting when the books come isnt it. I do open university as well (ive just been sat for 2 hours trying to finish my last assignment for one of my modules) I started last year so I still qualify for the lower fees which means I only pay about 1300 a year which is good.

I got my gcse results yesterday (Isat the further maths exam with my pupils) all my pupils except for 3 passed with A's and A*s which is amazing cos Im not even qualified!! And i got an A** The first ever that the school have got(mainly cos its a new grade for higher level learning) I was so happy and it has reignited my love for Maths.

Kim how is your friend doing, and you of course. Its so hard but the hospice is the best place for her. I remember when my Grandma went into one 2 years ago it was really beautiful and I kept thinking if i had to choose a place to go it would definetly be in one of those hospices.

It's mega exciting! Unfortunately my fees are about £5000 a year! Great news on the A**!! What OU course are you doing? I love Maths and was wondering about doing a short Maths course along side my English degree. Especially wanting to teach at GCSE level so could do with something else to back me up x

Im doing the Mathematics and its learning course. I think a short course along side your degree would be a great idea. I did the MU123 to start me off and it is just a little bit higher than GCSe and was lovely to get me going. Ive done quite a few essay based modules as well with it been a learning degree which I wish I hadnt signed up to as Im dyslexic and a 8000 word essay was the last thing I wanted to do but some how passed them! Theres a reason I like maths theres no words involved lol.
My fees work out at about 1300 a year which I am so greatful for but also means I dont qulify for the loan so have to pay about £200 a month for my courses :-(

lilprincessvic said:
Im doing the Mathematics and its learning course. I think a short course along side your degree would be a great idea. I did the MU123 to start me off and it is just a little bit higher than GCSe and was lovely to get me going. Ive done quite a few essay based modules as well with it been a learning degree which I wish I hadnt signed up to as Im dyslexic and a 8000 word essay was the last thing I wanted to do but some how passed them! Theres a reason I like maths theres no words involved lol.
My fees work out at about 1300 a year which I am so greatful for but also means I dont qulify for the loan so have to pay about £200 a month for my courses :-(

Lol Maths works well for you then :) that's a shame about the student loan but at least you know it is all paid for by the time you finish it. Crikey though, 8000 words about a subject that's numbers .... Hmmm interesting!

Can you rememer how much the MU123 was? Was it just a short course? X

lilprincessvic said:
It was £420 but that was before it all went up. :)

I just checked and it's now £1250! Wonder if I can add it onto my course. X

Well done on your result Vicky you clever little thing!

My friend is about the same thanks, but we know the inevitable will happen in the next few weeks. We're off up to see her again next Thursday, so no doubt will be able to gauge how she is if we see her weekly. Would love to see her more, but its a long way to go which she understands. Puts a lot of things into perspective & she is so brave & strong......life is too cruel sometimes

Fabulous loss Laura, but why should you not believe the scales lol! 1lb from target is brilliant, WW is obviously agreeing with you x

Maybe your 'fighting' weight is 8.7 Deb! Have you thought about trying to maintain at that weight for a while to see how it goes? x

Im not doing WI every Friday Nikki as Im chilling out with it all at the moment. Good luck with your WI tonight. x

My next WI will be next week. Unfortunately, exercise has gone out the window for the moment as cant believe how tired Im feeling being back at work & getting used to the shifts again. Im on 2 nights from tonight, so will have a chilled day today.Food wise Im still following SW to the letter, with a few off plan days that I cant avoid, but Im not stressing about them. Im still a bag lady in my uniform, so really must get around to getting smaller ones, but the majority of my work I can wear mufti, so not too concerned with the odd uniform shift.

Hope you all have a good bank holiday weekend x

I dont think it is kim to be honest with myself. I think i have the potential to be lighter. I have been extremely greedy lately, giving no thought to food or munchies. 2 bottles wine per week wiht crisps and choc, oven chips etc.
Im not too fussed but just dont want scales to go back up the way. I am sure that when i eat breakfast lunch and dinner and fruit to snack on iam fine - even if its not sw, it tends to be ok. just greed

Well done on the result Vic and great how well your pupils did.

It's interesting I would love to go back to studying but since I already have a degree would have to pay for this myself and that would just be impossible sadly :-(

Thanks ladies still a bit dubious about my weigh in result today as only been getting about 1lb a week and that would be 2.5lb when I havnt done anything different this week. Would be awesome if it's true though as means only 1lb to target eeeek!!! :-D x

icklerockchick said:

It's interesting I would love to go back to studying but since I already have a degree would have to pay for this myself and that would just be impossible sadly :-(

Thanks ladies still a bit dubious about my weigh in result today as only been getting about 1lb a week and that would be 2.5lb when I havnt done anything different this week. Would be awesome if it's true though as means only 1lb to target eeeek!!! :-D x

I'd grab the 2.5lb with both hands and run lol well done!

We need to see an at taret piccy very soon!!

Hi

Yep i am 9st 7lb and would love to get down to 9 if not a little less. I was originally 12st on weight watchers and did lose the weight and managed to keep all but 7lbs off. However i have got bored with WW and needed a change to kick start me again and this seems to be working, Hers to a flatter tummy and 9 stone :eek:

icklerockchick said:

I am the same on both counts. I have degree too and was looking into distant learning etc but it cost 2000 pound which I don't have. Not enjoying my job or my salary but hey Ho we have our health.
I got down to 8st 3lb very quickly for me. Wasn't even doing sw properly, just eating three meals per day. I was very stressed at work but not so much outwith work and I was amazed too. Going from doing sw to not doing it and losing more than I had done over course of a week before. I swear it was the lemons ;)
I kept weighing myself and it stayed the same so I accepted it....got cocky and put it all back on...lesson learned lol

Back