Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

That's a good idea :) thank you. I didn't think of that.

That way you could set your timer at the beginning of your run and just see how long it took you to complete with the aim of getting quicker over all so quicker sprint between lamposts or extending the number of lamposts you run past compared to the ones you walk between :).

I used to do a lot of running, ran the london marathon in 2008!! not anymore though, lost interest.. story of my life lol x

I hate running. I get REALLY bored. My trainer has put a run on my workout but guess it wont be as bad at the gym cos theres tvs!!! Oooo and games. On the bikes there is solitaire and stuff like that haha

It's definitely all about finding something you'll enjoy doing! Even though i felt the better of it, i used to hate the thought of going for a run which is probably why i gave it up. I wasn't particularly good at it either lol

debtin said:
So much been happening here.
Yippeeee Nikki, brilliant news. I was lucky to conceive very quickly and just knew I was pregnant. I too put on three stone, maybe more. I decided it was my only time to eat without feeling guilty. Would I do it again? Prob not. I wouldn't be as greedy as I was, fun at the time though ha ha have you made arrangements for first scan etc or still too early?
Donna running club sounds good. I decided yesterday to get out at night. Do a walk round the block leading to a run. Am not the best at running at all but have given it a bash in the past. Think what put me off doing it the way you did last night was constantly looking at my phone to check the minutes. Does someone at club do it for you? Girl i know started running club this year and runs for miles now

I weighed in at 8st 9.75 today. Granted I only started eating better on Monday but tryin to get some control over my night time eating. I want to follow sw but I am scared to start counting healthy extra and syns extra cos I feel I end up fixated on it all, this leads me to giving up too soon. Anyone have any advice?

I haven't had a date through for my scan yet. I got on holiday 7 weeks today and so I'm hoping it will be before we go so we can relax on holiday :)

I've been referred to the midwife already so I'm just waiting a letter or phone call from her.

So nervous about it all!
X

lilprincessvic said:
I hate running. I get REALLY bored. My trainer has put a run on my workout but guess it wont be as bad at the gym cos theres tvs!!! Oooo and games. On the bikes there is solitaire and stuff like that haha

That sound fab!! I'd be on the bike for ages if they had solitare!!

I'm being a wimp and daren't go to the gym now :-/ think I'll have to stick to the bikes and swimming when I decide to go back. X

I'm being a wimp and daren't go to the gym now :-/ think I'll have to stick to the bikes and swimming when I decide to go back. X

If you speak to one of the instructors in the gym they might be able to advise you on what you can and cannot do and might even put a program together for you. You will have to tell them but im sure they will keep it a secret.

I haven't had a date through for my scan yet. I got on holiday 7 weeks today and so I'm hoping it will be before we go so we can relax on holiday :)

I've been referred to the midwife already so I'm just waiting a letter or phone call from her.

So nervous about it all!
X

How far along are you again? 5 weeks? It's sort of hit and miss because they try to book it for around 12 weeks (depending on which area and hospital you're at) so it'll be due around the time you're away :/ I'll keep fingers crossed it'll be before you go

I'd speak to your midwife about what's okay to do, I think you should be okay doing what your used to doing, but it wouldn't be advisable to push yourself to do more then what you were doing before getting pregnant. Oh and I'm guessing any stomach toning is a no no

The games sound brill, thats fab. I could never keep the running up doing it by myself. But its quite good at the club as you get motivated doing it all as a group and you can talk as you go along as well. I'm hoping the run I do by myself will be okay as I'll have my music on. My mum is a big motivation as well, as it would be great to be able to do big runs together eventually

It's definitely all about finding something you'll enjoy doing! Even though i felt the better of it, i used to hate the thought of going for a run which is probably why i gave it up. I wasn't particularly good at it either lol

Yeah I'm hoping my mum and the group will keep me interested. I'm going to start registering for races as well as that will give me something to work towards. I always stick at something more if there's something to aim for

donna88 said:
How far along are you again? 5 weeks? It's sort of hit and miss because they try to book it for around 12 weeks (depending on which area and hospital you're at) so it'll be due around the time you're away :/ I'll keep fingers crossed it'll be before you go

I'd speak to your midwife about what's okay to do, I think you should be okay doing what your used to doing, but it wouldn't be advisable to push yourself to do more then what you were doing before getting pregnant. Oh and I'm guessing any stomach toning is a no no

The games sound brill, thats fab. I could never keep the running up doing it by myself. But its quite good at the club as you get motivated doing it all as a group and you can talk as you go along as well. I'm hoping the run I do by myself will be okay as I'll have my music on. My mum is a big motivation as well, as it would be great to be able to do big runs together eventually

Yeah I'm hoping my mum and the group will keep me interested. I'm going to start registering for races as well as that will give me something to work towards. I always stick at something more if there's something to aim for

Yeh I'm 5+1 so ill 12+2 when we fly and 14+3 when we land home! Hoping ill get in around 11 weeks, if not I think I'll book a private one for about £99 x

You could always ask your midwife to try and get it in before, I'm sure they'd do their best. But I don't really know how it works with the hospital to be honest.

Got some chips on the go for lunch but I'm starving already. Don't know what's up with me today, had rice pudding for breakfast, the past few days I've been having porridge and it's filled me until lunch time. Think I'll have to start planning snacks if I'm not having my porridge in future

mmmm chips :).

I booked a private scan at about 8wks but i'm sooo impatient :). x

pobel said:
mmmm chips :).

I booked a private scan at about 8wks but i'm sooo impatient :). x

It's so frustrating waiting for an appointment! I just want to check everything is ok! I'm going to wait until 8 weeks and if I've heard nothing about a scan I'm going to book one x

It's so frustrating waiting for an appointment! I just want to check everything is ok! I'm going to wait until 8 weeks and if I've heard nothing about a scan I'm going to book one x

When i say i waited 'til 8wks i mean i actually went for the private scan when i was 8wks :) It's only the money you are going to save on alcohol over the next 9 months lol x

Ooh all this running talk is making me feel guilty not ran since the half marathon In march omg that's 6 months ago :/)

pobel said:
When i say i waited 'til 8wks i mean i actually went for the private scan when i was 8wks :) It's only the money you are going to save on alcohol over the next 9 months lol x

Haha that is so true!!! I'm going to talk to OH about it tonight x

Haha that is so true!!! I'm going to talk to OH about it tonight x

If you shop around you should be able to get a better price for an early scan, i know i found a reputable place in scotland that do it for 25quid.

pobel said:
If you shop around you should be able to get a better price for an early scan, i know i found a reputable place in scotland that do it for 25quid.

Wow that's really good! I'll have to have a hunt around then :) thanks so much

Just finished my tea. Did an hour of yoga after school then me n oh went to gym and I did my workout. Took me an hour n half and was awesome!!!!

How's ur days been x

*27lbs to go*

Nikki<3 said:

Yep the waiting seems long way off but it will be here before you know it. 20week scans also weren't available when I was pg. Fingers crossed you hear before you go on holiday x

Back