Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

well done getting in the 8's :) I really can't wait to see it, but with these blind WI's it will be well after Christmas that I do, but ahhh well.

I usually weigh on Tuesday and they're doing the WI on Thursday after Christmas along with a Wednesday night group... to be honest I'd rather get weighed before Christmas and then after New years :/ I know its going to be two gains so might as well have them both together rather then being out of target after Christmas and having to pay after new years knowing that its going to be another gain. There is a Monday group near me which I could go to but not sure if it'll be open as it'll be Christmas eve, do you think its too early to contact the consultant or should I wait until closer to the time?

That's great Annie... fab running.

Deb I haven't lost a thing since I started exercising in September, depressing when I look at it like that but I do feel better in myself and have to keep it up now as I have my run booked lol.

Have you lost inches though? :)

Morning ladies!!

Well done on the 1lb loss.

I'm officially in the 8's this morning :) 8.13(1/2)
Finally.

I'm not looking forward to Xmas either breaki want to get to 8.7 and then I will enjoy it

Yay well done!

well done getting in the 8's :) I really can't wait to see it, but with these blind WI's it will be well after Christmas that I do, but ahhh well.

I usually weigh on Tuesday and they're doing the WI on Thursday after Christmas along with a Wednesday night group... to be honest I'd rather get weighed before Christmas and then after New years :/ I know its going to be two gains so might as well have them both together rather then being out of target after Christmas and having to pay after new years knowing that its going to be another gain. There is a Monday group near me which I could go to but not sure if it'll be open as it'll be Christmas eve, do you think its too early to contact the consultant or should I wait until closer to the time?

I'd contact her, she surely must have some sort of idea about what's happening around christmas!

Last christmas I wasn't really watching my weight, but the 2 christmasses before that I managed to stay about the same. This is our first Christmas in our own place though and OH was talking about buying all sorts of junk! Thing is, OH is working christmas day until 2pm, so I don't think there's any point in making a big effort. We will be having the children stay christmas night, but I have no doubt whatsoever that she'll have given them a big christmas dinner before they come over and they'll have been so overstimulated with presents and whatnot in the morning that they'll either be miserable or tired - we always get the raw deal at christmas when it comes to the children. I'm sure his parents will come over at some point :/ but they won't want food (she's too finicky about other people cooking for her).

Wow, sorry for that ramble lol

Sunday: 10st 3lbs
Monday: 10st 1.5lbs
Tuesday: 10st 1.2lbs
Wednesday: 10st 1.6lbs
Thursday: 10st 1.2lbs

Have you lost inches though? :)

Yay well done!

I'd contact her, she surely must have some sort of idea about what's happening around christmas!

Last christmas I wasn't really watching my weight, but the 2 christmasses before that I managed to stay about the same. This is our first Christmas in our own place though and OH was talking about buying all sorts of junk! Thing is, OH is working christmas day until 2pm, so I don't think there's any point in making a big effort. We will be having the children stay christmas night, but I have no doubt whatsoever that she'll have given them a big christmas dinner before they come over and they'll have been so overstimulated with presents and whatnot in the morning that they'll either be miserable or tired - we always get the raw deal at christmas when it comes to the children. I'm sure his parents will come over at some point :/ but they won't want food (she's too finicky about other people cooking for her).

Wow, sorry for that ramble lol

I don't know about inches, I didn't measure myself before starting (silly of me I know) but I do think I look more toned and nicer then when I started. So it is worth it.

Sounds like you'll have an okay Christmas food wise then, how long do you have the kids for? You can always have a nice day with them boxing day.

I don't see the point in kids spending Christmas with both parents once they've split up to be honest, either take it in turns or have a routine where one has them Christmas and the other has them another time. I dropped little one off at his Dads one Christmas for a few hours and it was awful, he was really upset because we were taking him away from his toys, it was a nightmare having to drive out then try and cook dinner then drive back to get him again ect.
To be honest his Dad doesn't see him on Christmas day, but that's partly because he has no family and when we were together always said about how Christmas doesn't mean anything to him, so personally I think he's only being selfish when he's wanted him for Christmas before, as he wouldn't do anything with him. He might take him down to the pub, which is no Christmas for a little one. This year I think he's realised as he agreed he should have him around Christmas rather then on the day. But obviously I do understand we have weird circumstance, I know someone else who does it quite well, they just take it in turns on having their little girl on Christmas day.

Exactly, she's had them every year. He's asked to have them christmas eve night and her response is that she can't bear not to see them excited in the morning. That, to me, seems selfish as he only got to see them for 3 hours last christmas and then she moaned that he didn't spend much time with them.

Difference being is that she now has another partner and baby, so she wouldn't be alone - why can't my OH see his children on christmas morning? Drives me blooming insane.

Don't know what to do with myself on christma morning lol the presents are going to be staring at me.

Exactly, she's had them every year. He's asked to have them christmas eve night and her response is that she can't bear not to see them excited in the morning. That, to me, seems selfish as he only got to see them for 3 hours last christmas and then she moaned that he didn't spend much time with them.

Difference being is that she now has another partner and baby, so she wouldn't be alone - why can't my OH see his children on christmas morning? Drives me blooming insane.

Don't know what to do with myself on christma morning lol the presents are going to be staring at me.

That is wrong, if his dad was more like most dads I know and shared responsibility and saw him more often (he see's him once a week and at times that seems to be a chore for him) and also if I knew he would be doing something nice with him then I would not stop him having him on Christmas day, as it wouldn't be my place to stop him and it wouldn't be fair on him or little one to stop him. Yes I'd miss him like crazy, but like you say its selfish if that's your only reason. Especially considering she has another baby now.

Must be really hard on you both :( I'm sorry she's like that, although my boyfriend has pointed out that usually if the bloke is okay then the woman is unreasonable or vice versa and like he says it makes sense as if they were both decent people chances are a break up wouldn't have happened.

Just text that consultant and she got right back to me, she has one on Christmas eve morning and one the night before, so I'll have a choice (will note them in my diary actually so I don't forget)

That is wrong, if his dad was more like most dads I know and shared responsibility and saw him more often (he see's him once a week and at times that seems to be a chore for him) and also if I knew he would be doing something nice with him then I would not stop him having him on Christmas day, as it wouldn't be my place to stop him and it wouldn't be fair on him or little one to stop him. Yes I'd miss him like crazy, but like you say its selfish if that's your only reason. Especially considering she has another baby now.

Must be really hard on you both :( I'm sorry she's like that, although my boyfriend has pointed out that usually if the bloke is okay then the woman is unreasonable or vice versa and like he says it makes sense as if they were both decent people chances are a break up wouldn't have happened.

Just text that consultant and she got right back to me, she has one on Christmas eve morning and one the night before, so I'll have a choice (will note them in my diary actually so I don't forget)

OH does shift work, so it makes it tricky to set up a consistent routine, but her double standards pi.. me off. She knows that we're going to Rome for 2 nights in Feb and has said that the children should be his main priority, but she's swanning off to New York for a week for new years! He's taken on a second job to finish paying off the debts that she's racked up in his name. I'm trying to get one, but it's tricky when I do Mon-Fri, 9-5. She claims she doesn't have any money to help pay it all off as she hasn't worked since Woolworths, claims every benefit that she can (didn't think that having a fourth child might not have been the best idea if she can't afford three, like she claims) - yet when we bumped into her yesterday she had just bought the boys an XBox 360 with Kinect but "isn't getting them much for christmas, cause they just break everything" - I wanted to actually scream at her. There's us having to borrow money from OH's CSA payment to buy food and she's swanning around in new clothes, hair always done, buying an XBox that she knows full well will be broken within 6 months.

OH is heartbroken. I told him that just because she buys them expensive stuff doesn't mean she loves them more than he does. He's worried that the boards games (that we had to save up for) we have bought them are going to look rubbish in comparison. It just makes me laugh because she's spent the last 6 months telling us not to let them play on games consoles as she's confiscated theirs for their bad behaviour.

OH does shift work, so it makes it tricky to set up a consistent routine, but her double standards pi.. me off. She knows that we're going to Rome for 2 nights in Feb and has said that the children should be his main priority, but she's swanning off to New York for a week for new years! He's taken on a second job to finish paying off the debts that she's racked up in his name. I'm trying to get one, but it's tricky when I do Mon-Fri, 9-5. She claims she doesn't have any money to help pay it all off as she hasn't worked since Woolworths, claims every benefit that she can (didn't think that having a fourth child might not have been the best idea if she can't afford three, like she claims) - yet when we bumped into her yesterday she had just bought the boys an XBox 360 with Kinect but "isn't getting them much for christmas, cause they just break everything" - I wanted to actually scream at her. There's us having to borrow money from OH's CSA payment to buy food and she's swanning around in new clothes, hair always done, buying an XBox that she knows full well will be broken within 6 months.

OH is heartbroken. I told him that just because she buys them expensive stuff doesn't mean she loves them more than he does. He's worried that the boards games (that we had to save up for) we have bought them are going to look rubbish in comparison. It just makes me laugh because she's spent the last 6 months telling us not to let them play on games consoles as she's confiscated theirs for their bad behaviour.

It's hard, but kids aren't stupid. They'll know that he loves them ect.

I hate hearing about situations like this as the mother really does have all the power and if they want to be a pain then they can be horrible. My ex often accuses me of using little one as a weapon or as having all the cards and bullying him, which is completely untrue, he has little one when he wants (he usually lets me know Thursday or Friday when he'll be having him over the weekend, so not last minute at all) and I always drop him off or I sometimes ask him to pick him up from my mums (who live 5 minutes from his house) and we always pick him up. We even plan weekends around him as much as we can (like I say we never know when he's going to decide he wants him) I don't know what he'd do if I was like your OH's ex.

The problem is, its not just you and OH it effects is it, surely the kids are effected by her behaving like that, as for her having no money, I wish I could afford to go to New York full stop never mind over new years!

Oooo just noticed my boyfriend forgot to take lovefilm to post.... which means I have to go out later to post it, but I'm actually quite excited because I can walk into town and go to the fruit shop

It's hard, but kids aren't stupid. They'll know that he loves them ect.

I hate hearing about situations like this as the mother really does have all the power and if they want to be a pain then they can be horrible. My ex often accuses me of using little one as a weapon or as having all the cards and bullying him, which is completely untrue, he has little one when he wants (he usually lets me know Thursday or Friday when he'll be having him over the weekend, so not last minute at all) and I always drop him off or I sometimes ask him to pick him up from my mums (who live 5 minutes from his house) and we always pick him up. We even plan weekends around him as much as we can (like I say we never know when he's going to decide he wants him) I don't know what he'd do if I was like your OH's ex.

The problem is, its not just you and OH it effects is it, surely the kids are effected by her behaving like that, as for her having no money, I wish I could afford to go to New York full stop never mind over new years!

The children are good as gold at ours (apart from the usual sibling stuff). We've taken the time to teach them to respect our things and most of their Wii games live at ours now as we bought them a game last christmas and the disc came to ours actually snapped in half - we were so cross! We discuss with them how and why we expect them to behave and how it makes everyone else feels when they don't, which obviously has more of an effect than taking their stuff away! I'm not saying she's a bad mum whatsoever - they are lovely children, but we just don't get (and can't imagine) the behaviour she says she gets.

It's just so utterly frustrating. He could find the cure to cancer and it still wouldn't be enough. She asked him to let her know whether we were having the children this weekend and what time we would be collecting them and dropping them off. He sent 4 texts and called 3 times - didn't hear a single thing back and yet she was chewing his ear off on the phone on Tuesday because we hadn't had them over! This is while he was trying to tell her that he was expecting to go to hospital and please could they have this conversation another time.. "Something has to change, Adam". Yes love, YOU have to change!

Sorry, I've finished ranting now - I promise x

Haha, she's just posted on facebook "just bought the children's Xmas presents a mars bar twix and kitkat I do spoil them ;)"

:flamingmad:

Rant away, it really does help sometimes.

I can imagine how frustrating it all is, because not only do you see how it effects him, you also have that attachment now and it must be hard on you too. But with her being their mum, your a bit lost as have to be careful what you say to her as well.

I walked down to the shops and resisted buying some mini mince pies, I was tempted as they were only 4 syns each.... but then I didn't (Well I mainly didn't as they were 2 for £3 or £2 each and it seemed expensive and I def didn't want 24 mince pies that needed eating by the end of November) but I can pretend it was just my amazing will power lol

awe annie, the situation just sounds like a nightmare. It must be hard on both parties at times when children are involved. I know mums who think they have the final say and if the dad is sharing the responsibilty then the mum shouldnt have the final say. All very hard to comment on though as am not in that situation BUT feel free to rant whenever you want - thats what we are here for, advice and an ear to bend ;o)

donna how good are you wiht the pies? good stuff. I cant believe (well i can as i am a greedy witch) that i used 15 syns on ONE packet of crisps - WTF?????????????????????

SO got my dress to the dress maker who can take it in for me which means I NEED TO GET EXCERCISING EVERY DAY - week on sat til the wedding. hope i havent got it tooooo tight so you can see my pant line and love handles spewing out eugh eugh eugh

Ladies I'm another shorty please may I join this thread? I was doing vlcd for 2 months and have started introducing food now but I am using my fitness pal to track my calories and using some vlcd products too. My weigh in is on Monday mornings and I had a STS this week which showed 9st 5lb 2oz (yup! so sad I count the ounces too). My original target was 8st 7lb which BMI wise is mid range for my height (I am Indian) and BMI is lower for women of Asian descent. I have just today adjusted my goal to 8st as a goal. I think if I leave it at 8st 7lb (a) I will have no buffer limit for fluctuations (b) I think it will help me focus to keep going watching what I eat rather than reaching goal and then continuing to eat how I did previously. I am never going to do a vlcd ever again as I spent 2 year on and off it getting nowhere. In September when I re-started for the zillionth time I made that decision to lose a bulk of the weight and then commence with real food and simply not over eat because over eating got me overweight in the first place!

Annie, its all about power & control with your OH's ex.......have been there & done it, you just have to ride the storm unfortunately, but it does get better!

Deb, wear scary holdy in pants under the dress.....works wanders!

Welcome Kira & hope you enjoy SW

kim63 said:
Annie, its all about power & control with your OH's ex.......have been there & done it, you just have to ride the storm unfortunately, but it does get better!

Deb, wear scary holdy in pants under the dress.....works wanders!

Welcome Kira & hope you enjoy SW

Am hoping I won't need to if It's not too tight...couldn't tell with all the pins in it but am sure I have pants somewhere. Do you think they work?

Am hoping I won't need to if It's not too tight...couldn't tell with all the pins in it but am sure I have pants somewhere. Do you think they work?

I have some Spanx that go from just under my boobs down to mid thigh....very sexy......NOT! :D But, they do 'streamline' you & you dont get any VPL around your bum or around your waist. Just see what the dress looks like when its on & go from there as they're not cheap & you'll end up paying more for the underwear than you did for the dress! However, I've had a lot of use out of mine, so well worth the spends! You can get them anywhere now as very popular & vary in price, but I would get a decent pair as they are an investment. If you look at all the 'celebs', even the slim girls wear them as they do streamline you & give you a nice shape.

Kim I have those spanx also. Well worth the money. I wear mine under all my tight dresses

Back