Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Thats why I love the structure of SW, as otherwise like you I would have a wee bit of this & a wee bit of that & before you know it those wee bits end a b***** big wee bit lol!

That's exactly why I need slimming world too, I'm terrible with it. But I'm happy on slimming world so it doesn't really matter :)

Went out for a run instead of a powerwalk as want to mix up my training program with cycling, running & powerwalking. Hopefully this will get all the muscles nice & toned & wont be focused on the same ones cycling. My only concern is the dodgy hip, but it behaved itself today!

Envious Kim...tablets are wearing off and can feel shivers takin over.2.5 hours left in work. Let's hope other half is in early and I can lie down. Miserable sounding aren't i...took some more tablets so hoping to be back to normal soon.
Sooo bored in work its unbelievable. Not coming back on til I have some thing positive and good to say lol x x

Glad your hip didn't play up Kim, if it does when your out for a run at least you can turn it into a power walk as soon as you notice signs of trouble as you want to do all 3 anyway.

I really can't decide what to do about this marathon, its the one in York and I'd like to do it with it being the first one so if it does become a big thing then I can say I did the first one and that it was also my first marathon, but its the week before the half marathon I really wanted to do, I could always run the marathon and then if I feel up to it pay for the half on the day as there are always loads of places on that one, but then I also don't know if I'll be up for running a marathon! Need to hurry up and decide as places are going quickly.

donna88 said:
Glad your hip didn't play up Kim, if it does when your out for a run at least you can turn it into a power walk as soon as you notice signs of trouble as you want to do all 3 anyway.

I really can't decide what to do about this marathon, its the one in York and I'd like to do it with it being the first one so if it does become a big thing then I can say I did the first one and that it was also my first marathon, but its the week before the half marathon I really wanted to do, I could always run the marathon and then if I feel up to it pay for the half on the day as there are always loads of places on that one, but then I also don't know if I'll be up for running a marathon! Need to hurry up and decide as places are going quickly.

Are you at marathon stage? If you don't feel comfortable I would start off doing the half then build up. My work friend did a lot of running but struggled with full marathon and I think she was surprised it was so long to do. How many miles can you Do now? You have came a long way Donna. Good for you X

Are you at marathon stage? If you don't feel comfortable I would start off doing the half then build up. My work friend did a lot of running but struggled with full marathon and I think she was surprised it was so long to do. How many miles can you Do now? You have came a long way Donna. Good for you X

I'm doing between 4 and 5 miles at the minute so have a long way to go, but the marathon isn't until October, so loads of time to train up (although yeah I do know its still going to be very hard) I'm hopefully doing a half in March this year, its a shame I can't def wait until after that to decide but like I say don't know if there will be any places

When is the marathon Donna? Im sure you're aware, but the training for a half & a full is quite different for the mileage training. Have you looked at any training programmes? I think you need to decide which you're going to do & then train specifically for it, as it wouldn't be a good idea to do the full & then a week later do the half as you need approx 2 weeks rest after a full marathon. Why not do a half & then up the training miles to do a full a few months later. I did my halves in about 2hrs 20mins & would estimate a full in approx 5.5 hours & Im not a fast runner. I can see what your saying as its an achievement to do a marathon, but you do need to be prepared to put a lot of training miles in per week. Hope that helps x

When is the marathon Donna? Im sure you're aware, but the training for a half & a full is quite different for the mileage training. Have you looked at any training programmes? I think you need to decide which you're going to do & then train specifically for it, as it wouldn't be a good idea to do the full & then a week later do the half as you need approx 2 weeks rest after a full marathon. Why not do a half & then up the training miles to do a full a few months later. I did my halves in about 2hrs 20mins & would estimate a full in approx 5.5 hours & Im not a fast runner. I can see what your saying as its an achievement to do a marathon, but you do need to be prepared to put a lot of training miles in per week. Hope that helps x

It's not until October otherwise I wouldn't even be considering it, as to be honest I wasn't planning on doing a full marathon this year at all.

My mum has training programs for both and I plan on making the most out of her and our coach at the running club as soon as I have any proper races booked. I'm waiting to see what races are in the club championships before signing up for any at the beginning of this year (Don't think I'd have a chance but the more races I enter which qualify the more likely I am to get a trophey)

If its not til October you should manage that no probs Donna......go for it as its always good to have a goal to aim for x

Can someone confirm for me that the Linda McCartney red onion & rosemary sausages are free please as just eaten 3 of them, so hope they are!!!

Had a funny old day with saving money in one hand by going over to Sky Talk from BT.....a saving of £216 per year & then having to spend money, as just had an engineer out & the dishwasher has died, so will have to get a new one, as I cant possibly wash dishes by hand lol! I also broke one of the nozzles off my Dyson, but repaired that & my internet is mucking about on my laptop! And my hip is playing up again & giving me gip, so looks as tho I wont be running anymore........is there a full moon or something lol! :confused:

They're def free, stay away from the ones that just say vegetarian though as their 2 syns each :O I made that mistake!

Aww no, sounds like a pretty bad day :( although at least your saving money on something.

I've had an odd one as well, had a great day in most respects but little one was so tired at my mums he was so naughty, just crying over nothing but really crying and shouting and kicking off :( he should sleep well tonight, he got in bed at 10 to 7, normally goes at 7 but I think school has taken it out of him again as since he's been back he's been wanting to go to bed around 6.

I'll do the marathon I think, need to wait to register until we get paid so hopefully all the spots won't go

They're def free, stay away from the ones that just say vegetarian though as their 2 syns each :O I made that mistake!

Aww no, sounds like a pretty bad day :( although at least your saving money on something.

I've had an odd one as well, had a great day in most respects but little one was so tired at my mums he was so naughty, just crying over nothing but really crying and shouting and kicking off :( he should sleep well tonight, he got in bed at 10 to 7, normally goes at 7 but I think school has taken it out of him again as since he's been back he's been wanting to go to bed around 6.

I'll do the marathon I think, need to wait to register until we get paid so hopefully all the spots won't go

I wasn't thinking of running the marathon (don't have the time to commit to the training) but as it's the first one in what I now call my home city (even though I've escaped to the country) I'll probably pop along and watch.

I wasn't thinking of running the marathon (don't have the time to commit to the training) but as it's the first one in what I now call my home city (even though I've escaped to the country) I'll probably pop along and watch.

ooo you might see me then, I'll let you all know when I book my place

kim63 said:
Can someone confirm for me that the Linda McCartney red onion & rosemary sausages are free please as just eaten 3 of them, so hope they are!!!

Had a funny old day with saving money in one hand by going over to Sky Talk from BT.....a saving of £216 per year & then having to spend money, as just had an engineer out & the dishwasher has died, so will have to get a new one, as I cant possibly wash dishes by hand lol! I also broke one of the nozzles off my Dyson, but repaired that & my internet is mucking about on my laptop! And my hip is playing up again & giving me gip, so looks as tho I wont be running anymore........is there a full moon or something lol! :confused:

I say save even more money by doing dishes by hand ;) we don't have a dishwasher, there are only 3 of us so seems extravagant....ha ha just winding you up Kim. You keep your hands good and treat yourself lol
Not so good on the hip news either :(
Ok so I had quorn chicken once and its put me off tryin anything else. Do You guys genuinely think the sausages are ok? Would i find them in fresh section as I am sure I saw them in freezer section which put me off even more?

Snap Donna, our little one was so grumpy and tired tonight. Crying at every turn and I think the first week back has just been too much for them all. Mine has slept thru the night the past two nights...bliss not having your sleep interrupted. Hope I haven't just jinxed myself lol

What did you have with your sausages Kim?

Officially went from 9's to 8's tonight :D!!! 8st12lb and shrinking yey x

im the same deb, i refuse to buy a dishwasher, my mil offered to buy us one after id had a rant about how i dont like them and i was like nooo i dont like thsm, had one in the past two houses we were in but couldnt get on with them... might have been because they were cheap (rented properties)

i love quorn products but i only use the chicken pieces in my chicken lasagne, cant get on with them in curries or anything. you thinking of quorn sausages or linda mccartney, i buy morrisons cumberland meat free from the ftozen section 1/2 syn each, the lm ones are frozen too but ive never been able to find the rosemary and red onion ones.

to be fair i know how the little ones feel, i feel very tired myself... i cant seem to get awsy with a temper tantrum because of it though lol

Yay to the losses!

I never thought we would get much use out of a dishwasher with just the 2 of us, but wouldn't be without now & it probably goes on every 2 days when DH at home, but not so much during the week when im on my own. Mind u tho it is pure laziness when i could do my own dishes during the week & save water & electric.....lazy mare lol!

The packet said red onion & rosemary sausages so they hopefully are the free ones then. Don't think I'll get them again tho as texture nice but a bit too rosemaryish for me! Had them with baked beans, chipped sweet potatoes, chipped potatoes & chipped carrots roasted in the oven.

Anyone watching Celebrity Big Brother? Glad Paula gone....she would make an interesting person to analyze if you were into psychology!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Think i made a bit of a boob with the special k bars as the ones i bought don't say chewy on them which are the New hexb's! I looked them up & they're 80 calories with 2g of fibre & the chewy ones are 95 calories i think with 4g of fibre .....oh well im still going to have one as a hexb as not going to waste them......don't tell anyone im tweaking lol!!!

kim63 said:
Think i made a bit of a boob with the special k bars as the ones i bought don't say chewy on them which are the New hexb's! I looked them up & they're 80 calories with 2g of fibre & the chewy ones are 95 calories i think with 4g of fibre .....oh well im still going to have one as a hexb as not going to waste them......don't tell anyone im tweaking lol!!!

Lol the special k boxes are for the watching. The ones I have say high fibre on top of box but easy to confuse. Decided they are better than the hi fi bars so going to stock up if they are still £1 in Asda

I had ww sausages in my stew they are ok. Think then are one or half syn?

Back