Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

well I've done it ladies, I'm all registered for the Yorkshire marathon.... need to start taking my training even more serious then I have been doing

Woooo good luck Donna :)

Good luck Donna!!

Midnight how did weigh in go? X

Feeling very quilty!!

I feel I've ate to much crap. I had noodles for lunch, and rice and BREAD with dinner and then a small packet of malteasers.
Everything I has was free and I only used 11 syns but feel like I ate to much starchy food etc

Had superfree with breakfast and bit with dinner :(

well I've done it ladies, I'm all registered for the Yorkshire marathon.... need to start taking my training even more serious then I have been doing

Good for you, now I need to start a banner for you.

Feeling very quilty!!

I feel I've ate to much crap. I had noodles for lunch, and rice and BREAD with dinner and then a small packet of malteasers.
Everything I has was free and I only used 11 syns but feel like I ate to much starchy food etc

Had superfree with breakfast and bit with dinner :(

Don't be too hard on yourself, you didn't go off plan, your quite active so the starchy food may actually do you some good

Good for you, now I need to start a banner for you.

I'll be keeping an eye out ;)

I can't wait now, hope my training goes well. My mums entered as well, she'll probably get a better time then me though as she has done some before, but will be nice to both do it, also its her Birthday so hopefully we can go out after and celebrate.

Thats great news Donna. What time are you hoping to do it in?

How was WI Claire?

On 2 night duties from tonight with a little chap, so a cushty couple of nights coming up sat on my butt watching Vampire Diaries lol!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Don't be too hard on yourself, you didn't go off plan, your quite active so the starchy food may actually do you some good

I'll be keeping an eye out ;)

I can't wait now, hope my training goes well. My mums entered as well, she'll probably get a better time then me though as she has done some before, but will be nice to both do it, also its her Birthday so hopefully we can go out after and celebrate.

Hopefully I don't gain anything overnight lol

How was WI Claire?

On 2 night duties from tonight with a little chap, so a cushty couple of nights coming up sat on my butt watching Vampire Diaries lol!

Vampire diaries? Please tell me it hasn't started back already?

No Charlene it hasn't, i found a site on the net i can watch all sorts of programmes so thought id watch from series 1 again. Im also watching series 3 of Rizolli & Isles thats not started on tv yet!

Yippee. I panicked there thinking i was missing it. Having withdrawal symptoms lol

How was WI Claire?

No idea on a time yet to be fair, I put under 5 hours on the application, but I just want to do it as quick as I can but enjoy it as well, so I'm not going to push myself too hard either to get a great time as the next time I run that or another marathon I can try and beat the time I get this time (if that makes sense, I said time way too many times lol) I suppose I'll have a better idea of what time I'll want once I really get into my training. I'm hoping I'll be well under 5 hours, but not going to stress over a time as I've seen my mum do that before and that's how she got ill when she ran the London marathon the first time.

It's hard to estimate though as I only know at the moment that I run just over 4 miles in 30 minutes, but obviously that's nothing to go on as I'll have to pace myself differently doing a marathon

My mum is at it again, ring her to talk about the marathon as they've closed entry now and trying to be excited about it and talk to her and all she has to say is ''well don't over do your training'' so I said well no no point in trying to run 20 miles in the next few months as I won't need to, she then said ''no I mean don't run 10 miles and then the following week run 18'' (which I thought was pretty much the same as what I'd just said, but worded differently... unless she thought I'd completely leave my training until the last minute) then she said ''and you need to learn to eat properly and not do that slimming world''

now that comment is WTF on so many levels, 1 - It was me who told her if she followed slimming world while she was doing so much running she should follow the meals but have more syns and healthy extra's
2 - How is slimming world not eating properly
3 - does she think I'm stupid enough to run a marathon and not eat much
4 - She personally lost more weight on slimming world even though she was slim to start with because she said she finds it easier to run like that

So yet again what could have been a nice conversation turns into an argument because she expects me to just listen to her say whatever she wants about me without reacting, all I said when she said that about sw was ''Of course I will, it was me who told you you needed more syns when marathon training'' and she kicked off saying I was getting irate.

I know I should learn but it really gets me down how I apparently can't have a conversation with my mum without her insulting me or making digs and expecting me to just take it.

icklerockchick said:
Hey ladies had a busy week so just getting a chance to catch up now.

With regards to the different Linda McCartney sausages and Special K bars that's exactly what annoyed me most about sw. I found it very liberating when I changed over to ww that there's no silly rules about things that are so nutritionally similar being different syns or some being a healthy extra or not. The best part was finding that you still lose the weight anyway. Not saying you should all quit sw just that tweaking is totally fine and will not affect your losses when it's silly things.

Started back on track on Friday and was going really well - just eating sensibly not doing sw or ww or counting anything just tracking what I eat and making sensible choices. If I want a snack I try ryvita or oatcakes first if its savoury cravings n fruit or yoghurt or tea if sweet. Then if after that I still want it I have it :)

The past 2 days haven't went quite as well. Tuesday I was meeting my friend at 5 to go to cinema, I finished at 2 and was planning on going home in between so hadn't brought lunch/dinner. Realised by the time I got home it would pretty much be time to leave so picked up some snack food on the go and ended up going to see another film myself before it rather than wander about town for 3 hours. So change of plans with lack of preparation was the issue here!

Then last night we ended up out at world buffet as his mum took us out as its his birthday on Friday. I love love love the world buffet and there's not really any healthy choices so I was a right little piggy! Looking forward to getting back on it today and then tomorrows evening meal will be naughty again too for OHs actual birthday.

My new jillian michaels boxset has arrived and the new Zumba core game for my Xbox kinect so looking forward to giving them as go :) x

Oh you will need to let us know how you get on with the dvds. Sounds like you are in a good place with the food Laura.makin right choices and being sensible. Are you weighing?

donna88 said:
My mum is at it again, ring her to talk about the marathon as they've closed entry now and trying to be excited about it and talk to her and all she has to say is ''well don't over do your training'' so I said well no no point in trying to run 20 miles in the next few months as I won't need to, she then said ''no I mean don't run 10 miles and then the following week run 18'' (which I thought was pretty much the same as what I'd just said, but worded differently... unless she thought I'd completely leave my training until the last minute) then she said ''and you need to learn to eat properly and not do that slimming world''

now that comment is WTF on so many levels, 1 - It was me who told her if she followed slimming world while she was doing so much running she should follow the meals but have more syns and healthy extra's
2 - How is slimming world not eating properly
3 - does she think I'm stupid enough to run a marathon and not eat much
4 - She personally lost more weight on slimming world even though she was slim to start with because she said she finds it easier to run like that

So yet again what could have been a nice conversation turns into an argument because she expects me to just listen to her say whatever she wants about me without reacting, all I said when she said that about sw was ''Of course I will, it was me who told you you needed more syns when marathon training'' and she kicked off saying I was getting irate.

I know I should learn but it really gets me down how I apparently can't have a conversation with my mum without her insulting me or making digs and expecting me to just take it.

Donna I had it out with my dad...not about sw but something else. So annoying when all You want to do is let rip...I usually don't even get hung up on folk but it was step too far. Best thing to do is breathe....count to a million then forget their comments and think happy thoughts. Even if OH is bugging me I decided this year I wasn't going to rise to it. Not worth the hassle letting folk bug you. Pre baby, I was mellow and easy going and probably wanted to please folk. Post baby the lioness must have came out in me. Can lose the rag easily but I don't like having folk bug me..either intentional or not. Just focus on your running and you know you best x

MidnightPrincess said:
My WI went surprisingly amazing, i lost 2.5lbs!! Absolutely stunned when i looked at the scales haha x

Excellent, well done. You must be doing something right. How is your mum gettin on with it?

Well I was very very lucky to have stayed the same at weigh in. Off out tonight and came to the conclusion that my effort needs to lie in makin right choices on my four days off and not just the three I work. Will see what happens this weekend then aim to make more of an effort next week...for the whole week lol

MidnightPrincess said:
My WI went surprisingly amazing, i lost 2.5lbs!! Absolutely stunned when i looked at the scales haha x

Amazing well done!
debtin said:
Oh you will need to let us know how you get on with the dvds. Sounds like you are in a good place with the food Laura.makin right choices and being sensible. Are you weighing?

Yeh I started last Friday and weighed again this morning - 9st 9.5lb so still lots away from target but 3lb down on last week. Considering I had loads to eat at the world buffet really pleased with that. Being totally chilled about food seems to be working pretty great - today will be pretty naughty food wise as its OHs birthday but I know I can be sensible the rest of the week so not bothered. As I guess that's how normal people not on diets eat anyway and most of them maintain their weight naturally.

Donna try not to let your mum get to you. You know your running plan and to up your eating when doing heavy training. X

Yeah your right Deb, I need to just breath and not react as it only gets worse if I do.... but sometimes its hard as she always takes me back with what she says, I might do the same make it a resolution not to bite back... but then I just wonder if she'll end up being even worse because if I don't react then will she just carry on (saying that she doesn't stop when I do react either)

well done on staying the same as well :)

really hope I loose 2lbs this week so I don't have to pay, but I might retain water with the extra exercise so we'll see

Back