Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

kim63 said:
I can empathise Ronnie! What drugs do you take for it? Have you tried accupuncture? Do you use a hot pack? Have you had it investigated? Sorry, Im a bit nosey as had long term problems also & maybe I can advice you with some treatments x

Hi Kim
I've just been having ibuprofen and paracetamol and putting deep heat on
I had some physio years ago they said it was a weak core after having the girls so its just weak muscles and I know I should do the exercises but its like everything you start out with good intentions and then it slips a bit like sw lol
It's only when the pain is there or you can't fit in your jeans that we pay attention to it,
It's feeling much better today so going do some stretches and get it more comfortable
Thanks for help and any advise you have Kim would be brill :) as always x

Well official first wi this morning 10 stone....oops but not as bad as it could've been time to nip it in the bud now !!!!

This post has been on my phone all day no time to send it lol ;-)
Update food today all on plan !!!

Donna

Well done signing up for a marathon woohoo !!!!!
I did a half marathon last year and trained on sw and lost weight so take no notice of your mum, running is very individual I think and it's how your body feels that's important. I did find that after long runs I was starving so used to have pasta and bananas and cereal bars lol all in syns or free.

Have you got a training plan yet ? Maybe try a few 10k's and definitely do a half before October races are faster than training and you need to get a good feeling for your pace.
If you want know anything just ask, i know Kim's done a half marathon too so I'm sure we can both help
good luck hun!! I'm a wee bit jealous lol ;-) not sure if i'll ever run again :-( xx

icklerockchick said:
Amazing well done!

Yeh I started last Friday and weighed again this morning - 9st 9.5lb so still lots away from target but 3lb down on last week. Considering I had loads to eat at the world buffet really pleased with that. Being totally chilled about food seems to be working pretty great - today will be pretty naughty food wise as its OHs birthday but I know I can be sensible the rest of the week so not bothered. As I guess that's how normal people not on diets eat anyway and most of them maintain their weight naturally.

Donna try not to let your mum get to you. You know your running plan and to up your eating when doing heavy training. X

Wow that's fab!! I am going to see how I get on over the next couple weeks til Feb then decide on excercise and what "plan" I will follow..well done again

Donna

Well done signing up for a marathon woohoo !!!!!
I did a half marathon last year and trained on sw and lost weight so take no notice of your mum, running is very individual I think and it's how your body feels that's important. I did find that after long runs I was starving so used to have pasta and bananas and cereal bars lol all in syns or free.

Have you got a training plan yet ? Maybe try a few 10k's and definitely do a half before October races are faster than training and you need to get a good feeling for your pace.
If you want know anything just ask, i know Kim's done a half marathon too so I'm sure we can both help
good luck hun!! I'm a wee bit jealous lol ;-) not sure if i'll ever run again :-( xx

Thanks, well any advice is appreciated. I'm going to do as many races as possible before then, hoping to do a half in March as well.
I'm really excited. To be honest my plan is to stick with slimming world but to have a few extra things if I feel I need them... but like you say loads of food which is free on slimming world if good for running anyway like pasta ect. most of the syns wouldn't be good for it anyway. I'm just going to avoid talking to her about what I'm eating, like you say I'll know what I need myself from how I feel.

Well done on the losses & sts ladies. Im weighing in on Sunday for my official weight this week as only started back last Monday after a week off & then back to Friday after that. Stupid me forgot to weigh last Monday morning so don't know how much i put on after the NY gluttony!

Heat packs are always good for muscular pains Ronnie & if the spasms get too painful, Diazepam works wanders as well. Alternate Paracetamol & Brufen is a great combo & of course stretches & exercise.
Youll have that weight off in no time x

Donna i think all mums are the same lol! Active listening is needed by the sound of it & just do your own thing!
As Ronnie says get some other races in like some 10 Km's & a couple of halfs. I used to take myself off & do my own halfs as I prefer running on my own but thats just me!
Food wise you'll find your own balance but you may need more carbs for energy & protein for muscle repair.....so SW is perfect! Jelly Beans are a quick source when running when you up your miles. If you need a training program the London Marathon website or Runners World are normally pretty good.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Well done on the losses & sts ladies. Im weighing in on Sunday for my official weight this week as only started back last Monday after a week off & then back to Friday after that. Stupid me forgot to weigh last Monday morning so don't know how much i put on after the NY gluttony!

Heat packs are always good for muscular pains Ronnie & if the spasms get too painful, Diazepam works wanders as well. Alternate Paracetamol & Brufen is a great combo & of course stretches & exercise.
Youll have that weight off in no time x

Donna i think all mums are the same lol! Active listening is needed by the sound of it & just do your own thing!
As Ronnie says get some other races in like some 10 Km's & a couple of halfs. I used to take myself off & do my own halfs as I prefer running on my own but thats just me!
Food wise you'll find your own balance but you may need more carbs for energy & protein for muscle repair.....so SW is perfect! Jelly Beans are a quick source when running when you up your miles. If you need a training program the London Marathon website or Runners World are normally pretty good.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Jelly beans are a good idea, wouldn't have thought them. There's a few of us from the running club running it, so we can sort of at least talk about training together.
I didn't want to say this to my mum but to be honest I don't really have a plan food wise yet, as I don't know what I'll need, but I'm not stupid and I'm not going to be going hungry or not eating when I want some extra energy. I'd rather put a little weight on then not be able to finish it or pass out... although I know I won't put weight on as I'd have to eat a silly amount to gain after running a marathon.

Good luck tomorrow for weighing. I didn't weigh after new years either which I was gutted about but then I wasn't back in my target range last WI anyway so if I had I would have known how much I'd gained but I would have only had an extra week of having to pay, I'm hoping to loose 2lb this week and then I will have got through Christmas without having to pay at all.

My legs seized up a bit this morning, I got up to go to the toilet and nearly fell over :/ it only lasted a second but do you think its the running? I've not actually done anymore then usual but I have straight back to what I was running before with just over a weeks break. I didn't do any exercise yesterday though.... will do extra warm up and cool downs after todays run just in case

Hiyaa just after some advice I'm quite new to SW iv been staying btwn 10 and 10.3 for weeks now, currently at 10 I'm wondering if u all get better loses off red/ green days? I exercise a lot too do its really annoying :S
Good luck wiv ur marathon training im planning a half in march so scared! :) xxx

Do you have all your syns if your exercising a lot, I started maintaining at one point and as crazy as it sounds it turned out I wasn't having enough syns, thought I was being clever by only having 5 a day... also make sure your drinking plenty of water

Thanks Donna :) I tend to save them all for the wkend, I was sticking to mainly green or ee days I was wondering if too many carbs was my prob so I'm glad u said that I love syns ha! I'm on a red day today do u have any snack ideas iv got fruit and miller lights with me at work, I'm always starving at night on red days xxx

Thanks Donna :) I tend to save them all for the wkend, I was sticking to mainly green or ee days I was wondering if too many carbs was my prob so I'm glad u said that I love syns ha! I'm on a red day today do u have any snack ideas iv got fruit and miller lights with me at work, I'm always starving at night on red days xxx

I love red days and never go hungry on them, always have plenty of fruit and yog like you say, but then cold meats like free ham or chicken and crabsticks are also great on red days.
Unless your eating when not hungry I wouldn't say too many carbs is a problem... but it might be something you should look at if you try other things and they don't work, personally and from what I've seen with others on slimming world its usually not eating enough which slows weight loss. Do you measure your healthy extra's as well and on red and green if your like me I need to have 2 HEA even though it says 1 or 2.
With you doing a half marathon in March you really need to make sure you are eating enough and I wouldn't suggest trying to cut down on carbs either. Which half is it your running, I'm thinking of doing one in March too

On a red and green day il have 1 HxA and 2 x B's normally bread and alpin lights :)
I'm doing the Liverpool half marathon I done it a few years ago and remember thinking 'never again' ha I was a stone lighter tho so I'm hoping the training will help my weight. Which 1 r u doing xxx

Retford I'm thinking of, but I haven't signed up yet.

Good luck I'm sure you'll be fine and it should def help with a bit of weight loss

Jelly beans are a good idea, wouldn't have thought them. There's a few of us from the running club running it, so we can sort of at least talk about training together.
I didn't want to say this to my mum but to be honest I don't really have a plan food wise yet, as I don't know what I'll need, but I'm not stupid and I'm not going to be going hungry or not eating when I want some extra energy. I'd rather put a little weight on then not be able to finish it or pass out... although I know I won't put weight on as I'd have to eat a silly amount to gain after running a marathon.

Good luck tomorrow for weighing. I didn't weigh after new years either which I was gutted about but then I wasn't back in my target range last WI anyway so if I had I would have known how much I'd gained but I would have only had an extra week of having to pay, I'm hoping to loose 2lb this week and then I will have got through Christmas without having to pay at all.

My legs seized up a bit this morning, I got up to go to the toilet and nearly fell over :/ it only lasted a second but do you think its the running? I've not actually done anymore then usual but I have straight back to what I was running before with just over a weeks break. I didn't do any exercise yesterday though.... will do extra warm up and cool downs after todays run just in case

How odd! Wouldn't have thought it would have been the running as you're used to it now, but if it happens again, maybe just do a few leg stretches whilst in bed to get the circulation going. Its more likely to have been you sleeping funny on your legs!?

How odd! Wouldn't have thought it would have been the running as you're used to it now, but if it happens again, maybe just do a few leg stretches whilst in bed to get the circulation going. Its more likely to have been you sleeping funny on your legs!?

Yeah I did wonder if it was sleeping funny. We'll see anyway, hopefully it won't happen again

Hiyaa just after some advice I'm quite new to SW iv been staying btwn 10 and 10.3 for weeks now, currently at 10 I'm wondering if u all get better loses off red/ green days? I exercise a lot too do its really annoying :S
Good luck wiv ur marathon training im planning a half in march so scared! :) xxx

I know we all do it, but try not to obsess too much with the scales especially if you've just started exercising. My advice would be to measure yourself, as you will see a change in your shape with the running & very importantly drink plenty of clear fluids as this will help with flushing toxins out of your muscles whilst they retain fluid for protection.

See info below

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...-jgPgP&usg=AFQjCNFJMzPwqyE790JaB5pKcwECkcrDvw

Hello lovely ladies :wavey:
Would you mind if I jumped in on your thread? :) I'm Helen and I've recently come back to Minimins after a break and stumbled across this thread looking for info on the new plan changes. I was maintaining at 8st 12, fluctuating between 8 10/12 for quite a while but then I started training for a half marathon, gained a few lbs during training, then had my appendix out and thinks went a bit pear shaped and I'm now stuck at 9st 3. I'm hoping to get back to 8st 10/12 but just to see the 8's again would be nice :D

Nice to see other runners here too! Yay @Donna I'm also hoping to run my first Marathon this year, in October.

Hello lovely ladies :wavey:
Would you mind if I jumped in on your thread? :) I'm Helen and I've recently come back to Minimins after a break and stumbled across this thread looking for info on the new plan changes. I was maintaining at 8st 12, fluctuating between 8 10/12 for quite a while but then I started training for a half marathon, gained a few lbs during training, then had my appendix out and thinks went a bit pear shaped and I'm now stuck at 9st 3. I'm hoping to get back to 8st 10/12 but just to see the 8's again would be nice :D

Nice to see other runners here too! Yay @Donna I'm also hoping to run my first Marathon this year, in October.

Welcome to the thread Helen :)

Ooo would be good if we could train together... well virtually lol, nice to just catch up and see how each other are doing training wise :) which one are you thinking of doing? Quite a few of us are runners in here actually.

I know we all do it, but try not to obsess too much with the scales especially if you've just started exercising. My advice would be to measure yourself, as you will see a change in your shape with the running & very importantly drink plenty of clear fluids as this will help with flushing toxins out of your muscles whilst they retain fluid for protection.

See info below

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=why%20do%20muscles%20retain%20water%20after%20exercise&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.livestrong.com%2Farticle%2F406332-do-muscles-retain-water-after-a-new-exercise-program%2F&ei=lWTxUIQlpqXQBd-jgPgP&usg=AFQjCNFJMzPwqyE790JaB5pKcwECkcrDvw

Thanks Kim that's really helpful feel a bit better now il definitely stay away from the scales it's a habit to go on every morning, see no difference, get a cob on and binge I don't no y I do it!

Just going to weigh on a Friday and keep an online diary fingers crossed for next week :)

Xxx

donna88 said:
I love red days and never go hungry on them, always have plenty of fruit and yog like you say, but then cold meats like free ham or chicken and crabsticks are also great on red days.
Unless your eating when not hungry I wouldn't say too many carbs is a problem... but it might be something you should look at if you try other things and they don't work, personally and from what I've seen with others on slimming world its usually not eating enough which slows weight loss. Do you measure your healthy extra's as well and on red and green if your like me I need to have 2 HEA even though it says 1 or 2.
With you doing a half marathon in March you really need to make sure you are eating enough and I wouldn't suggest trying to cut down on carbs either. Which half is it your running, I'm thinking of doing one in March too

Donna what do you have for lunch and dinner on a red day? Is it same rules apply as green with regards to healthy extras?

Donna what do you have for lunch and dinner on a red day? Is it same rules apply as green with regards to healthy extras?

Yeah you get two of each and can use potatoes or brown pasta ect. but I tend to just avoid things like that and have extra cereal bread ect.

If I haven't used my healthy extra's on breakfast I might have like a ham and cheese sandwich or bacon sandwich for lunch, otherwise things like mackerel salad, or scrambled eggs with sausages toms and mushrooms, for tea I'll have something like meat with veg and have roast squash instead on potatoes, keep meaning to try curry with an omelette instead of rice on a red day as well, I have had mushy pea curry with omelette before so I know I would like it.

Back