Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Made my self laugh. Was looking thru my pics to find one of me with red hair n I have had aaaaall colours. Thought I would upload a few for ya x

I must say im a big fan of the blonde! Looks lovely x

[QUOTE=Nikki its currently VERY blonde. Its same colour as my mil though she is naturally white lol. Ill keep it this colour then. Im just bored n oh loooves it red x

Do all of you exercise? I think that's my problem, I do a little walking but that's it!! Just wondered how you all got into exercise and what sort do you do? I really don't know where to start, so any advice would be gratefully received:)

thanks in advance

Hey most of us exercise a lot and we r firm believers in jillian micheals. Maybe start with her :)

Nikki its currently VERY blonde. Its same colour as my mil though she is naturally white lol. Ill keep it this colour then. Im just bored n oh loooves it red x[/QUOTE said:
I rewlly do love the blonde on you and will look stunning for your wedding!! Maybe go for red after the wedding :) xxx

thanks ladies, i got my application done just need to do a cover letter as well. its hard not to worry as ive had such bad luck with job applications in the past, even ones which we thought i was a sure thibg for so having to go through it all again for a job i thought i already had is worrying :(
when i got the job they did say it was until easter to see how i got on, which i assumed meant. i wad on trial and if all went well my job would carry on, whereas actually apparently it meant i was on a temporary contract. 2 people are leaving so there are two positions which i know im going for, a lady whos worked there before who is doing relief at the moment is going for and a bloke who is shadowing her at the moment is going for as well :( plus whoever else applies for the position.

having a terrible day, put on half a lb at wi, i really felt like crying but then i was sat weighing everyone else. people seem to be under the impression that its either muscle or water retention. from running or that i need more then 15 syns because ofvthe miles im doing. i have no idea what to think. im just going to relax this week and be good where i can but have my easter treats where i want too, same with next week.

ive just had a little cry now, more about the job then the weight to be honest but the weight really didnt help, i had one good loss after christmas and since then the same 2lb has come off and on... whether ive been good or bad, it will be the running as i have upped my miles since then, but its hard to see. tempted to go blind wi's from now on and tell then just to let me know if i come out of target rather then seeing my weight from week to week. will decide on tues

i agree with kim vicky, maybe best to wait until after the wedding and then go for it

awe Donna, dont know what to say. I think your week break off it this weekend with some treats will do you the world of good. You do so well and are strict with yourself so not sure what else to offer except what Kim has suggested. Do you think you eat too much? OR as the others say are you needing to up your calories? you know me, i am rubbish at self control so dont really have anything to offer but if your size 8 and excercising and you know you wont get any smaller then i wouldnt be worrying. I know you want to stay in target but sometimes, as suggested, excercise may play havoc for a while. Keep your chin up as your certainly not overweight and i bet your very toned too!!

Donna, why not work out your BMR & TDEE & see how many calories you need to lose weight. It would mean working out your daily calories but if you really want to lose anymore maybe you have to be more precise with your intake as you cant be getting a big enough defecit. However, do you think you're being too hard on yourself just to see that magic number?! You're in size 8's & a mid range BMI .....personally i think you need to take the pressure off & call your target at this weight as your only upsetting yourself.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Interesting - what is this? i think if did some calorie counting i usually get to 1200-1500 caloires per day. Will go and google this. Still eating like a bin today - cant seem to stop. I will need to sink lower before i get the kick up the jacksy i need hahaha

p.s our 32E/F boobs must weigh a lot so i reckon we are already at target Miss Kim - what do you say? lol

Wow you ladies are a chatty bunch:)

Can I ask when you measure yourself, which areas do you measure and what with? I've never measured myself (so wish I had now), have been told at group to get a ball of string.

As for sizes I'm 10st, wear a 12 trousers, think I might possibly fit in a 10 now as my 12's are saggy and baggy now. As for up top I'd say I was a comfortable 12 which I'm happy about as I do have boobs. I'm also another shorty at almost 5'2".

Managed to lose another 1lb yesterday, which I'm happy about. Somedays I wish it were more but I seem to be a 1lb week gal.

If you measure with a tape measure in cm's or inches & I measure my.......bust, uner bust, waist, belly, hips, thighs & upper arms. measure at the widest part of each bit & dont pull the tape tight!
A pound a week is a great loss & you've done so well in 7 months

Do all of you exercise? I think that's my problem, I do a little walking but that's it!! Just wondered how you all got into exercise and what sort do you do? I really don't know where to start, so any advice would be gratefully received:)

thanks in advance

My advice would be to find an exercise you enjoy & go from there. If you start doing an exercise you dont enjoy it wont be sustainable.
My main exercise is cycling, but not doing as much as I would like because of the weather, as its not very pleasant when your ears are turning blue! So, I incorporate some powerwalking, jogging & Tabata during the week when I can.

Another 4oz off this morning, so Im the lightest I've been in 2 years!!!! This maintaining malarky is great, as Im losing more now than when I was trying hard to lose weight......doesn't make any sense!
Need to get a low as I can tho, coz from May all the socials are building up......... Birthday party, Military Ball, Holiday, weekend away :D

Very excited about the weekend away in June, as we're going up a day early so that we can go to the BBC Good Food exhibit at the NEC & we've got front row seats to see John Torode & Gregg Wallace do a Masterchef show........love these food shows as you walk around & get loads of free nibbles, hence why I need to be as light as I can!!!

Last edited:
Interesting - what is this? i think if did some calorie counting i usually get to 1200-1500 caloires per day. Will go and google this. Still eating like a bin today - cant seem to stop. I will need to sink lower before i get the kick up the jacksy i need hahaha

p.s our 32E/F boobs must weigh a lot so i reckon we are already at target Miss Kim - what do you say? lol

This is my understanding of it.......

BMR (basal metabolic rate) is the amount of calories you need just to sustain you for the day if you sat around doing nothing to maintain your current weight
TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) is the amount of calories you need when you exercise to maintain your current weight

e.g Me.....my BMR is approx 1200 calories, my TDEE is approx 1750 calories with moderate exercise of 3 times per week. So that means, when I exercise 3 times per week & eat 1750 calories my weight will maintain. However, if I wanted to lose weight I would need to burn an extra 3500 calories per week to lose a pound, so would need to have a deficit of 500 calories per day & eat 1250 calories per day. Thats where MFP comes into its own as it works it all out for you, but you have to program in everything that you eat & what you exercise.

Think my 32E's are shrinking now as well lol! By the way, those bra's I got form that auction site look & feel the real deal, so well worth it! I can PM you if you want the details x

This is my understanding of it.......

BMR (basal metabolic rate) is the amount of calories you need just to sustain you for the day if you sat around doing nothing to maintain your current weight
TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) is the amount of calories you need when you exercise to maintain your current weight

e.g Me.....my BMR is approx 1200 calories, my TDEE is approx 1750 calories with moderate exercise of 3 times per week. So that means, when I exercise 3 times per week & eat 1750 calories my weight will maintain. However, if I wanted to lose weight I would need to burn an extra 3500 calories per week to lose a pound, so would need to have a deficit of 500 calories per day & eat 1250 calories per day. Thats where MFP comes into its own as it works it all out for you, but you have to program in everything that you eat & what you exercise.

Think my 32E's are shrinking now as well lol! By the way, those bra's I got form that auction site look & feel the real deal, so well worth it! I can PM you if you want the details x

i was just reading about it from a blog on mfp which explained it well too. will go back to the blog when at home as it was interesting..the girl mentioned you can gain weight at the start as your body readugts but she lost steadily and her shape has changed. think it would be good for me as i reckon i eat 150-200 cals for breakfast at 6am then 100-150on snack at 10am then lunch could be 300-400 if it was sandwich then pack crisps leaving 400 or more for dinner IF my rate was same as yours. though not sure 1200 is ideal esp if you want wine lol what do you think?

see i was measured in a store that had the letter M and letter S in it. she said i was 32f...do you know if i would buy from your site my size would be the same? she also said i could get away with 30E? not sure how it works but know this size makes my rib cage feel as though its going to break...yes please to link x

Before I started losing weight I gad 32h boobs. I looked at getting a reduction and the plastic surgeon weighed them at a stone each!!! Luckily weight loss acted as a natural reduction n I got dds nw :-D

i was just reading about it from a blog on mfp which explained it well too. will go back to the blog when at home as it was interesting..the girl mentioned you can gain weight at the start as your body readugts but she lost steadily and her shape has changed. think it would be good for me as i reckon i eat 150-200 cals for breakfast at 6am then 100-150on snack at 10am then lunch could be 300-400 if it was sandwich then pack crisps leaving 400 or more for dinner IF my rate was same as yours. though not sure 1200 is ideal esp if you want wine lol what do you think?

see i was measured in a store that had the letter M and letter S in it. she said i was 32f...do you know if i would buy from your site my size would be the same? she also said i could get away with 30E? not sure how it works but know this size makes my rib cage feel as though its going to break...yes please to link x

Bit odd that she measured you at a 32F but said you could get away with a 30E, as thats a whole cup size & back size smaller!
I would see what bra you have now that you're comfortable in & go with that size. Will PM you with details x

Before I started losing weight I gad 32h boobs. I looked at getting a reduction and the plastic surgeon weighed them at a stone each!!! Luckily weight loss acted as a natural reduction n I got dds nw :-D

A stone each.....if that was the case I would be 7 stone 9lbs!!!!!!!!
Trouble with losing weight is the boobs dont cope well with it, as mine have lost the fullness, so need a good bra!

The dress I won on an auction site has just arrived & its lovely on. Its a Next petite size 10, fits lovely & I bought it for........£1.64!!!!!!!!

Bit odd that she measured you at a 32F but said you could get away with a 30E, as thats a whole cup size & back size smaller!
I would see what bra you have now that you're comfortable in & go with that size. Will PM you with details x

A stone each.....if that was the case I would be 7 stone 9lbs!!!!!!!!
Trouble with losing weight is the boobs dont cope well with it, as mine have lost the fullness, so need a good bra!

My fullness is long gone. Its the thing I hate most about my body. The plastic surgeon did say I had unusyally heavy boobs!! After I have had children im defo having an uplift. I reckon if they took all the excess skin away I would be more like a C lol.

Ladies my eating is out of control. Since monday night I havent made one good decision with my eating. I just cant decide what to do for the best. Im so unhappy with myself and its really getting me down. I know I shouldnt be looking for quick fixes I shouldn't be trying to change my lifestyle but I really need a quick fix. My hen do is in 4 1/2 weeks n if I dont feel good in myself I will end up crying when drunk (im a very emotional drinker lol) I just dont know what to do :-(

Hey everyone! Haven't been on in ages but wanted to say hi!

Lots to catch up on so really sorry that I've missed things.

Kim - well done on calling target and still losing - that's amazing!

Vic - it's really stressful isn't it! I'm getting married around the same time I think and have exactly four weeks til me fitting - aaah. I think the key is picking a plan and sticking like glue. No tweaks or "cheats" - if u stick to it I reckon you will definitely see a difference in four weeks. Ooh and also, I know u love Jilian - have you seen her 30 day to get shredded book?? I will look up the exact title but its amazing! It's two different workouts each week and u have to do it at the gym but since I've done it lots of people have commented on my weight/shape!!

Donna - I do feel your pain with the running. I've done two marathons and lost a little with the first one but lost nothing the second time. I've been doing some research on exercise and weight loss and apparently the problem with steady cardio like running is your body only takes 6 weeks to get used to it. You do seem really disciplined with your food though so it must be frustrating!

Right, sorry for the massive post - just wanted to say hi!! :)

Hey everyone! Haven't been on in ages but wanted to say hi!

Lots to catch up on so really sorry that I've missed things.

Kim - well done on calling target and still losing - that's amazing!

Vic - it's really stressful isn't it! I'm getting married around the same time I think and have exactly four weeks til me fitting - aaah. I think the key is picking a plan and sticking like glue. No tweaks or "cheats" - if u stick to it I reckon you will definitely see a difference in four weeks. Ooh and also, I know u love Jilian - have you seen her 30 day to get shredded book?? I will look up the exact title but its amazing! It's two different workouts each week and u have to do it at the gym but since I've done it lots of people have commented on my weight/shape!!

Donna - I do feel your pain with the running. I've done two marathons and lost a little with the first one but lost nothing the second time. I've been doing some research on exercise and weight loss and apparently the problem with steady cardio like running is your body only takes 6 weeks to get used to it. You do seem really disciplined with your food though so it must be frustrating!

Right, sorry for the massive post - just wanted to say hi!! :)

Hiiiii something to do ay the gym sounds good cos I end up doing same thing every time I go!

lilprincessvic said:
Hiiiii something to do ay the gym sounds good cos I end up doing same thing every time I go!

I've just checked and its called making the cut. It has a diet in there too but I just did the exercises. They are all circuit based and i could definitely feel it!

Kim glad you are loving eBay ;-) I buy most of my clothes from there its fab how you can get so many lovely things for a couple pounds. Though it does make spending real money on real clothes hard when I know how far that money could go!

Donna I agree with Kim if you say you haven't changed your eating but you have really upped the running and now don't lose its pretty likely that's the culprit that you need to eat more. I know when you are stuck in a plateau weight wise its hard to get out the mentality of I need to eat MORE to weigh LESS. But you will be burning loads of calories with all that running, have you tried tracking your food on MFP? X

Oh and Vic just think of the dress you CAN and will get back on track xx

Back