Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

I'm not sure to be honest. I think given the choice I'd say go for the change in hours as you won't be missing out on pay but will get more time with little one, however I don't think after school clubs or breakfast club are bad for children, it all just depends on circumstance.

As for the ring, I don't want an expensive one, but I do want one lol. Boyfriend also wants to do it properly, his mum suggested once that we didn't need to actually get engaged and he didn't agree.

i know they can be good but i suppose the main issue is since he was 10months old we have paid average 480 per month in childcare and sfterschool costs means seven more years of paying for more childcare. think i just answered my own question lol seems like a no brainer
would you have a long engagement? just an idea about no engagement if the only thing stopping you guys is money for a ring esp if wedding money is available. maybe he is secretly saving if he wants to do it traditionally lol

I've just done my measurements and I am like wowzers I have a weird body shape......I would give the marshmallow man a run for his money I reckon

Here are my measurements all in inches
After the rubbish weigh in tonight I'm gonna check weight & measurements each Wednesday from now on

Bust - 37.25
Under bust - 34.25
Waist - 32.5
Belly - 39
Hips - 38.5
Thigh - 19.5
Bicep - 11

I measured the widest part & made sure I didn't pull any of the tape tight so hopefully it is a true representative for me to check next week.

So my weight is now 9st 13 and height is 5ft 7

I don't know what I'm supposed to be but I know I don't like these numbers so I don't want to be them :-(

You do have a BMI of 21.8, so things must be going in the right direction!

i know they can be good but i suppose the main issue is since he was 10months old we have paid average 480 per month in childcare and sfterschool costs means seven more years of paying for more childcare. think i just answered my own question lol seems like a no brainer
would you have a long engagement? just an idea about no engagement if the only thing stopping you guys is money for a ring esp if wedding money is available. maybe he is secretly saving if he wants to do it traditionally lol

If by you going to 4 shorter days means you dont have to pay for child care, I would take the money & run!

I got a promotion about 18 months ago. I went up a band, but reduced my hours from 37 to 22.5. I had the choice to do 3 long days or 4 shorter days, I opted for the 4 shorter days as it allowed me to drop the children off in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon, rather than paying out for childcare and it also allowed for play dates. To be honest I earn the same now as I did full time after I'd paid out all my childcare costs.

I got a promotion about 18 months ago. I went up a band, but reduced my hours from 37 to 22.5. I had the choice to do 3 long days or 4 shorter days, I opted for the 4 shorter days as it allowed me to drop the children off in the morning and pick them up in the afternoon, rather than paying out for childcare and it also allowed for play dates. To be honest I earn the same now as I did full time after I'd paid out all my childcare costs.

Are you a nurse by any chance?

kim63 said:
Well hello Emma, long time no 'see'! How have you been? Are you still jet setting about? Hows the weight at the mo, as your looking pretty slim in your avatar picture? Hope the wedding plans are going well & so lovely that we have 3 weddings, a baby & a 'big' birthday coming up between us all this year! x

Hey Kim! I'm good thanks. Haven't done much travelling this year which is a relief with the wedding! Weight is good.... I'm around 9.7 - would love to get to 9 stone or under for the wedding. I've got nine weeks and its coming off so slowly so not sure it will happen!

You're right / it is a busy year!! Sounds like you've got lots of exciting things coming up. Are u off to Dubai soon too??

Forgot how quickly this thread moves. Will have to check my measurements. It's really interesting to see the difference! X

You do have a BMI of 21.8, so things must be going in the right direction!

If by you going to 4 shorter days means you dont have to pay for child care, I would take the money & run!

awe it has been head wasting. there are other options but it meant wee one getting dropped off at 720 3 days of week and at a school not in our area. felt it wasn't fair as its too early on a school day plus as he gets older i am not sure he would appreciate not having friends close to the house. demented!!

awe it has been head wasting. there are other options but it meant wee one getting dropped off at 720 3 days of week and at a school not in our area. felt it wasn't fair as its too early on a school day plus as he gets older i am not sure he would appreciate not having friends close to the house. demented!!

Yikes, good luck in getting it sorted. Cant you get him into a school in your catchment area? x

My shift has been changed from a Long Day tomorrow, to a night shift tonight so I wont be able to WI in the morning! I was actually looking forward to it for once, so I'll do it on Saturday morning now. Hoping for a little bit of weight off, as even tho Im happy maintaining at this weight, it is my ultimate goal to get to 8.7 by the 3rd May, but just feel by taking the pressure off of always trying to lose its helping weirdly! Hoping the exercise is making a difference as Im 2lbs down since I started my exercise challenge 3 weeks ago, so you never know I may get my golden ticket lol!

Deb & Laura, are you doing WI in the morning?

Hey Kim! I'm good thanks. Haven't done much travelling this year which is a relief with the wedding! Weight is good.... I'm around 9.7 - would love to get to 9 stone or under for the wedding. I've got nine weeks and its coming off so slowly so not sure it will happen!

You're right / it is a busy year!! Sounds like you've got lots of exciting things coming up. Are u off to Dubai soon too??

Forgot how quickly this thread moves. Will have to check my measurements. It's really interesting to see the difference! X

Im sure with all the stress of planning a wedding your weight will slip right off. You must be tiny now tho as your BMI is in the 21's!

We're not going to Abu Dhabi now, as unfortunately we're unable to go coz of DH's job. So, we're just looking for somewhere else now but dont know where. If anyone has any ideas let me know!!

Ah that's a shame about your trip Kim :-( well I was meant to be weighing in the morning and than chips and satay sauce last weekend I have been on track food wise but I completely forgot we are going to world buffet tonight lol so bang goes any chance of a loss tomorrow! Ah well it can wait til next week there's nothing healthy and everything tasty at the world buffet :p

With lurgy last week/start of this week then all my shifts getting changed this week not been to the gym in 2weeks eek looking forward to getting back into it next week.

Funny how you plateaued and now attempting to maintain you lose Kim crazy bodies!

Eek Donna hope your hormones get sorted out its hard when they go crazy isn't it? X

Still not impressed with my weigh in today but I'm kinda glad that I have stuck with it cos it was so tempting to just throw towel in on it

Work even did a raffle today to raise money for charity n the prize was an Easter egg. I didn't want the egg so just put a £1 in

I can hammer the gym for a week n thats it. Just had a letter n my op is scheduled for next friday!!!

Blimey thats quick! Are you having a decrompression? You'll still be able to do some exercise, maybe go out for powerwalks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

there is not a chance i am weighing in lol mainly as i have no battery which is a god send as i would be on a massive downer with the results. feeling big is good enough guidance for me. don't want the head space ruined for my weekend..good thing is by having week off exercise i realise how good it felt doing it. glad i have caught myself before it becomes more than a week. going to make an effort to stick to plan too although i am keen to work out my bmr like you suggested to donna. looking forward to it x

Still not impressed with my weigh in today but I'm kinda glad that I have stuck with it cos it was so tempting to just throw towel in on it

Work even did a raffle today to raise money for charity n the prize was an Easter egg. I didn't want the egg so just put a £1 in

good for you for sticking to it and well done on resisting x

Back