Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Glad you're feeling food, the shop sounds great. We're running really low on fruit, but I don't want to walk into our little town and get any as we'll be shopping Thursday after at ALDI and it will be a lot cheaper there.

We have some kids at our group, older then your children though.... one of them's just turned 16 so she's having to start paying now and the others are younger but I'm not sure how old exactly. Do you go to group? You could bring them along and they can join for free, they don't focus on weight loss with the younger ones and more just healthy eating. Personally though with yours I wouldn't take them to group, as I would worry it would get them too obsessed with weight quite early on (especially with them already talking about weight with friends)

I think with the younger ones the plan is basically follow it as usual, but they're allowed unlimited healthy extra's... I don't think they're encouraged to count syns either... but maybe with yours just get them to have one or two treats a day (obviously depending on what it is they're having)

I'd discourage them from focusing too much on what they loose or how much they weigh though, if you let them do it with you make sure they understand its to be healthy and maybe hide the scales from them, let them weigh once a week with you (I'd be tempted to say not let them see how much they weigh)

If you help them do it at least you know they're loosing weight in a healthy way and they know they can come to you for help and advice and you can keep a close eye on what they're doing, rather then if they decide to go behind your back and start loosing weight by not eating ect. it is a difficult one though isn't it, they're so fragile at that age bless them.

Weigh in wasn't bad at all ladies, thank you :) I lost half a lb, at first I was a bit annoyed and thought oh I deserve more but considering I was worried I'd gain as I felt bloated and also the fact that I'm not getting stressed about my weight any more as long as I stay within target I realised I am happy with it, its in the right direction and like I say, as long as I'm in target I'm happy :)

Training was really fun today, we did sort of circuit training out on the field and I feel great now after doing it.

Thanks Donna
I was thinking that they should have perhaps 2 hex a day. I think I started getting upset about my weight at about 12-13 so have been a yo-yo dieter all my adult life I really don't want that for them. My girls have great appetites and can probably eat more than me so I do think getting that under control now can only be a good thing while I'm still responsible for their food intake.
I've let them read the book and said if we make a list of everything they like to eat we can see where they fit in the plan. :) x

Thanks Donna
I was thinking that they should have perhaps 2 hex a day. I think I started getting upset about my weight at about 12-13 so have been a yo-yo dieter all my adult life I really don't want that for them. My girls have great appetites and can probably eat more than me so I do think getting that under control now can only be a good thing while I'm still responsible for their food intake.
I've let them read the book and said if we make a list of everything they like to eat we can see where they fit in the plan. :) x

Sounds like a good plan :) Good luck hun, at least you know they are following a healthy eating plan if they do slimming world

There may have been a change of plan with my brothers Birthday on Tuesday, instead of getting pizza's in he wants to eat out now as he want's to be good, where we're going I can decide to be good or have a treat... but either way it won't be as bad as the pizza :) so I have next Tuesday with a meal out and probably some cake and then the following Sunday is my half marathon, where I will be eating a few extra treats.... I think with 5 syns each day in between that's very manageable and I might even still pull off a loss, if not I'd only expect a maintain or small gain

Hi can I join? I started at 10st 7 at thw end of jan gor down to 9st 4 but now hovering between 9st 5 and 9st 7.... so frustrating im aiming for 8st 8 I once was 8st 2 but think I was a bit too thin... im 5ft 4 abouts I think... im 28 and from Leicester :eek:

Hi can I join? I started at 10st 7 at thw end of jan gor down to 9st 4 but now hovering between 9st 5 and 9st 7.... so frustrating im aiming for 8st 8 I once was 8st 2 but think I was a bit too thin... im 5ft 4 abouts I think... im 28 and from Leicester :eek:

Hi Clare!
We sound almost as though we're in exactly the same boat....currently hovering at 9st5ish having got to 9st3....target is 8st 7 but I've never been tht small, ever! I'm 27 and 5ft4! Do you have a food diary on here? Are you a group goer or a home weigher? Good luck!
G xx

Hi everyone

How's everyone doing ?
Well done Deb on the shred your doing great keep going huni ;-)
How was wi Donna hope it was a good result :)
How's your shoulder vicky ? Hope you feeling better r u off work ?

I just wanted ask for some advise my girls have asked if they can follow slimming world they are 12 and 10 this year, although they are not massively over weight when I've done their bmi before they are about a stone over each but as they are growing all the time I've never really made a big thing of it plus they swim 3 times a week and do 2hours of gymnastics.
Obviously since I've been doing sw they eat the same meals as me but don't track in between.
What do you think ladies shall I let them follow it completely or do you think it's encouraging the whole "diet" world to them.
My 12 year old has come home tonight saying her and her friends are all talking about how much they weigh and that they are overweight, and that need to go on a diet, so I'm thinking if she does sw then its a healthy diet not giving things up to lose a big amount quickly but not manageable like I did in my teens.
If I let them follow it completely is there a different plan for kids/teens ? Does anyone that go to a club, is there kids there ?
Any advise be great ladies I know you will be honest with me
Thanks
Oh I'm doing ok not been 100% but not be a disaster neither so feeling good and in control and still on the squat challenge done 105 today woohoo xxx

Thats a hard one Ronnie, because children are subjected to the 'dieting' culture so early nowadays & unfortunately there is no getting away from it especially with girls.
If you want my personal opinion, no I dont think that they should follow SW per say, but yes to follow the principles of SW's healthy way of eating. I do believe if children are taught about nutrition & how to eat healthily at an early age, they will naturally make better choices & the word 'diet' should never come into it.

Hi all! What a fab thread :) I was in the 9's and am only 5'2 so was bordering on an overweight BMI so started back at group in December and am now half a pound off target (8.5) it's been a slow process but am hoping I'll finally be there on Saturday! The difference it's made with my clothes is amazing no longer have a pot belly hanging over jeans :)

Kim, hows the exercise going for the big birthday outfit?

Donna, remember a loss is a loss and 0.5lb is better than nothing! Well Done!!

Vicky.... where are you? Hope your shoulder is ok and you are sleeping a bit better?

Ronnie, in a few of my groups ive been too in the past 6 years i have seen kids as young as 8 weighing in. I dont think the plan is the same as an adult plan so maybe try them with the extra HEXA/HEXB and see how they get on.

I had my first on plan day yesterday!!! Yes I was over syns by about 20 lol BUT compared to my usual eating I was probably having 100 syns a day so baby steps in the right direction and I feel better because I hadn't weighed since sunday and I thought I would check this morning and i'm 1.5lb down so that has given me the motivation I need to carry on. A little bit worried I haven't exercised at all since I was 12 weeks and worried it will make labour harder and i'll find it harder to get back into it after :(

Hi Clare!
We sound almost as though we're in exactly the same boat....currently hovering at 9st5ish having got to 9st3....target is 8st 7 but I've never been tht small, ever! I'm 27 and 5ft4! Do you have a food diary on here? Are you a group goer or a home weigher? Good luck!
G xx

Hiya.. no I don't have a food diary but but im happy to start one... do you have one?

Yesterday was 2 clementine's, jacket potato cheese and beans no butter,

Half tin spaghetti and 2 slices Warburton wm toast with clover lighter as my hexb and tea was quorn chicken mixed into boiled rice with peas and baby sweetcorn. .. I also made them chocolate things people keep going on about 1 weetabix with 1 tblsp choc spread and 1 tblsp golden syrup so I think I was about bang on my 15 syns yesterday xx

Hey there ! Im a newbie starting today ! Just 7lb to loose , 9.3 wanting target of 8.10 so starting slimming world , this half stone is so stubborn it will not move !!! X

Hi all sorry I have been AWOL. I sold my phone on Monday but don't get my upgrade until next Friday so don't have the app!! Just got my laptop sorted so I can carry on talking as I would miss you all too much!
Shoulder is doing really good, I went for physio last night and she said it was amazing. Said normally people don't have any moment at this point still but I have quite good movement and can actually cope without the sling, but haven't been just in case!
I've been to gym on Monday and Tuesday and worked really hard burning 400 calories each time and even did a legs bums and tums class on Monday night. I did struggle a little with it but was certainly aching after!
I am really loving this hypnosis thing. It has totally stopped my snacking and cravings. Just now my oh has bought me a chocolate bar and I have left it on the side. Normally I would have scoffed it in one!
I had a sneaky look on the scales at my mils yesterday (I have been using them to weigh as they are very expensive and reliable) and I am already down 3lbs this week. That's 7lbs in 10 days!! I'm down to 10 6, at this rate I will be at target for my wedding :-D
I'm feeling very positive about everything.

Back to past posts. There are kids at my group, they come with their parents, I think the do get extra hexs but not sure what else. I think it might be nice for you to nata,l it not the, as healthy eating rather than a diet and make sure they understand this. I do this with my ss. He understands all about balancing your diet and even counts my syns for me!

Nikki free nappies is awesome. How many do u get.

Glad to see your doing so well with the shoulder vicky and fabulous news on the weight loss! Keep it up and youll be the weight you want by your wedding :)

Gor a pack of 28 for free and all the family who are shopping at sainsburys are getting them for us too so we will be well stocked

That's really good nikki. Do you have to be part of a club or owt? I shop at sainsburys. Just thinking I might start getting them for future lol x

That's really good nikki. Do you have to be part of a club or owt? I shop at sainsburys. Just thinking I might start getting them for future lol x

No thats what was really strange! You just have to spend £50 to get a free pack. They had ran out of newborn so bought size 3s but good to start stocking up on x

Yer defo good to start stocking up. That's a really random but good thing to b giving away though instead of these stupid Pyrex tokens tesco do lol. I would love it if they were free but they still cost a bomb!

Kim, hows the exercise going for the big birthday outfit?

Donna, remember a loss is a loss and 0.5lb is better than nothing! Well Done!!

Vicky.... where are you? Hope your shoulder is ok and you are sleeping a bit better?

Ronnie, in a few of my groups ive been too in the past 6 years i have seen kids as young as 8 weighing in. I dont think the plan is the same as an adult plan so maybe try them with the extra HEXA/HEXB and see how they get on.

I had my first on plan day yesterday!!! Yes I was over syns by about 20 lol BUT compared to my usual eating I was probably having 100 syns a day so baby steps in the right direction and I feel better because I hadn't weighed since sunday and I thought I would check this morning and i'm 1.5lb down so that has given me the motivation I need to carry on. A little bit worried I haven't exercised at all since I was 12 weeks and worried it will make labour harder and i'll find it harder to get back into it after :(

What b***** exercise lol! Im finding it really difficult to fit it in to be honest as Im working so many nights & then on days off Im running around like a loon with just general everyday stuff & party planning! Im on day 8 of the 30 day squat challenge & they're a killer on the legs.....no pain no gain as Jane Fonda said!

Outfit wise, I decided on jeans & a 'party top', because its a BBQ I thought a posh frock would look a bit daft! But Im happy with my choice as both are a size 8 & I bought a new pair of wedges to finish the look lol!
Getting quite excited/nervous about it all now as we have 70 people coming which is crazy, so am just praying for a dry day! We're getting a gazebo to put up outside on the patio to make an extra 'room', so all very exciting!

Just keep to a healthy balanced diet with the odd treat & Im sure the weight will fly off you when bubba comes. Exercise wise, just go for a 2 mile walk everyday to get the blood pumping & dont forget your pelvic floors lol!

What b***** exercise lol! Im finding it really difficult to fit it in to be honest as Im working so many nights & then on days off Im running around like a loon with just general everyday stuff & party planning! Im on day 8 of the 30 day squat challenge & they're a killer on the legs.....no pain no gain as Jane Fonda said!

Outfit wise, I decided on jeans & a 'party top', because its a BBQ I thought a posh frock would look a bit daft! But Im happy with my choice as both are a size 8 & I bought a new pair of wedges to finish the look lol!
Getting quite excited/nervous about it all now as we have 70 people coming which is crazy, so am just praying for a dry day! We're getting a gazebo to put up outside on the patio to make an extra 'room', so all very exciting!

Just keep to a healthy balanced diet with the odd treat & Im sure the weight will fly off you when bubba comes. Exercise wise, just go for a 2 mile walk everyday to get the blood pumping & dont forget your pelvic floors lol!

Eeek exciting! Sounds like a lovely outfit. What date is your party? Hope we get a nice summer. Crickey 70 people to a house party, brave brave lady! We always have a BBQ party for OH's birthday because its mid august and max we have is 20 and I get super stressed! Looking forward to this years party though with bubba being here :)

I'm so uncomfortable at the moment I think healthy eating is the best thing I can do but as soon as bubs is here I plan on walking a couple of days a week 4 miles over to my sister/mum/nan/dad and then have random walks throughout the week :)

Hey there ! Im a newbie starting today ! Just 7lb to loose , 9.3 wanting target of 8.10 so starting slimming world , this half stone is so stubborn it will not move !!! X

Gem I know the feeling you think it'll be be easy to shift a small amount but its slowly slowly catchy monkey! If I'm not at target on Saturday I'll cry have worked so hard and even started doing bootcamp I'm that determined to get to target. When did you rejoin?

Back