Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Not sure if anyone remembers me I tend to lurk rather than post. .anyway I disappeared and im back I got down to 9st then quit smoking and now im 10st :( been back on plan for a few days now but feel really bloated makes me feel rubbish and when I feel rubbish I want to eat rubbish! X

welcome and well done on the smoking x

yikes been so hungry today!! toast, 2 yoghurts, cereal bar, thins with cheese meat and tomatoes then dinner...two pork loins with chips..real oven chips. will reqret that one but will try hard not to dwell lol

yikes been so hungry today!! toast, 2 yoghurts, cereal bar, thins with cheese meat and tomatoes then dinner...two pork loins with chips..real oven chips. will reqret that one but will try hard not to dwell lol

It might be cos you're upping your mileage, or its just one of those hungry days....distract yourself with something nice and NO not naughty food lol!

Well I ordered some clothes from Asos for my holiday to Vegas next month. I got a religion top size 12 but it was like a tent so gotta send back, I got a top which will be nice in the evening cos it's open back but again like a tent so gotta go back & pair of cropped linen trousers n they were like completely wrong fit.....so gotta go back

It's nice when clothes too big but I got hassle of returning them now. Don't think I'll ever stop moaning lol

Quick pop in :) that's exciting Vic you looking forward to finishing up?

I am so not in dieting mode at all at the moment. When the sun comes out my friends want picnics and beer gardens and I cannot resist lol. Its not like we get many opportunities where the weathers good.

Friends hen party on Saturday got my outfit sorted now and rather excited :-D

Update on my (almost) nephew -The little baby is doing well at the moment that's him finally reached 3lb something!

Least its a bit cooler here today so could try exercise again I refused to when it was 30degrees in my house with all the windows open all last week!! Don't know how you ladies can go running in that I would melt x

Sorry no I dont remember you....when were you posting?
Well done on getting down to 9stone as it proves you can lose weight. Unfortunately only you can get out of that vicious cycle of feel rubbish, eat rubbish, cos personally I feel weight loss is mainly psychological. If you want/need to do it, you will! Losing weight is all in the planning and if you can beat the ciggies, you can beat the scales!
Im not sure how well you know SW, but if you need any advice, just holler and good luck

thanks I know your right food is an emotional thing for me always has been need to beat it!

welcome and well done on the smoking x

Thanks still get odd craving but normally when I'm trying not to eat crap

Evening ladies. Just dropping in briefly.....got some ironing & packing to do for Barcelona but thought I'd nip o and catch up.

Seriously considering not going to group anymore as I'm really still not happy with the consultant. Last week I was slimmer of the week and another member messages me on Facebook to say well done etc. knew nothing about it, the consultant said she was gonna contact me & let me know but hasn't bothered. For a long time I've been saying when will we have some encouragement, tips, tasting night, image therapy????? Nothing has happened since January and I just think if all I'm doing is getting access to the app & weighing I can do that at home & stick to foods I know are ok.

What do you ladies think about it?
I just feel like the consultant is robbing me outta £5 each week with nothing in return

Evening ladies. Just dropping in briefly.....got some ironing & packing to do for Barcelona but thought I'd nip o and catch up.

Seriously considering not going to group anymore as I'm really still not happy with the consultant. Last week I was slimmer of the week and another member messages me on Facebook to say well done etc. knew nothing about it, the consultant said she was gonna contact me & let me know but hasn't bothered. For a long time I've been saying when will we have some encouragement, tips, tasting night, image therapy????? Nothing has happened since January and I just think if all I'm doing is getting access to the app & weighing I can do that at home & stick to foods I know are ok.

I just feel like the consultant is robbing me outta £5 each week with nothing in return

So what do you do for the sessions then? Surely its not just going round the room talking about peoples weight losses/gains? Have you spoken to her about it? If you have and you're still not happy, why not write to head office.
I went to group a few years back and went a couple of times, but it really wasnt for me and have done it on my own no problem and use this site as my 'group therapy'!

I'm always hungry, but do have some days worse then others. I've just learnt to not beat myself as long as what I'm eating is on plan. It's days like the day after little one's Birthday when I couldn't keep away from the cake and then raided the mikado sticks I get angry at myself about.

Well I ordered some clothes from Asos for my holiday to Vegas next month. I got a religion top size 12 but it was like a tent so gotta send back, I got a top which will be nice in the evening cos it's open back but again like a tent so gotta go back & pair of cropped linen trousers n they were like completely wrong fit.....so gotta go back

It's nice when clothes too big but I got hassle of returning them now. Don't think I'll ever stop moaning lol

Great that they were too big in a way, but like you say a pain in the bum. That's what puts me off ordering online now as I have no idea what size I actually am, I'm mainly an 8 but sometimes a 10... some 12's still look good on me and there's the occasional 6 which fits (I'm nowhere near a 6 but some are big) I sometimes look at 10's just to be safe but its not always safe as some are bigger! GAH nightmare!

Quick pop in :) that's exciting Vic you looking forward to finishing up?

I am so not in dieting mode at all at the moment. When the sun comes out my friends want picnics and beer gardens and I cannot resist lol. Its not like we get many opportunities where the weathers good.

Friends hen party on Saturday got my outfit sorted now and rather excited :-D

Update on my (almost) nephew -The little baby is doing well at the moment that's him finally reached 3lb something!

Least its a bit cooler here today so could try exercise again I refused to when it was 30degrees in my house with all the windows open all last week!! Don't know how you ladies can go running in that I would melt x

Have fun at the hen, I have so many plans this summer its crazy, but we have to make the most of these times together with friends and family don't we :) I'm just going to be good when I can and if I gain a little over Summer I'm not going to stress as long as its only a little and I do get it off. It's getting hard with my training now as well, as when I do a long race I need to eat some things which aren't exactly easy on the syns.

Good news on your nephew :)

I actually found yesterdays training harder then running the races, I don't know if its because I'm more focused when its a race or whether its because I had all my food from the day but it was horrible.

It's a shame your consultant isn't very good :( I thought they had to do things like that but I suppose some manage to slip through the net. You have to do what's best for you and if you don't feel your getting anything from group then there's no point spending £5 a week on it.

WI wasn't too bad yesterday-I gained .5lbs (possibly a little less then that as it kept switching between that and a maintain until settling on .5lb gain) but considering that's over two weeks and involved 2 long races with food which isn't on plan, a BBQ which wasn't on plan, little one's Birthday and accidents with flapjack, birthday cake and a gingerbread man. I can't moan :)

I'm going to try and get that half lb off this week, I'm saving syns in case I go off plan while we're away at the weekend but I'm going to do my best not too. I've told my boyfriend if I'm good over the weekend then we can have a naughty take-away on Monday night (as I will have the spare syns) so hopefully he'll support me a little more as it means he gets a treat at the end too lol.

I stopped going to group back in January.

Our group was so big that the consultant didn't have much time for everyone :(

No taster sessions, tips or anything. Didn't help that there were a lot of kids running around.
Got no problem with children but the mother's didn't stop them running around. The consultant never said anything either. It was supposed to be Slimming World not play group!

The 7 days a week support on this site is much better! :)

Sorry for the rant!

Well done Donna, 0.5lbs isnt bad at all, so you should be proud that you're still maintaining.
Will update the Challenge if I can find it lol!

I agree GA, the support/advice/information on here is fab and free!

Oops sorry Laura, forget to reply to your post.......great news about the wee man as 3lb is a great weight for a little premmie and cant they go home when they're 5lb???
Whats your outfit like for the hen, did you get all the stuff you needed? Pics if you can
Did you WI last Friday as need to update you on the Challenge?

Last edited:
SUMMER BIKINI BOD CHALLENGE
Started Monday June 10th

Jo (Wednesday ) - Start weight 9st 10lbs Goal weight 9st in 5 weeks
Wk 1: -0.5lb Wk 2: -0.5lb, Wk3: +2lbs, Wk 4: -1lb, Wk 5: -1lb, Wk 6:

Ronnie (Monthly) - Start weight 10st 3lbs Goal weight 9st 10lbs in 6 weeks
July: -2.25lbs, August:

Vicky (Saturday) - Start weight 10st 6lbs Goal weight 9st 11lbs in 8 weeks
Wk 1: +2.75lbs, Wk 2: -3.5lbs, Wk 3: -1lb, Wk 4: -1lb, Wk 5: -3lbs, Wk 6:

Laura (Friday) - Start weight 9st 4lbs Goal weight 9st in 8 weeks
Wk1: -0.25lbs, Wk 2: -0.75lbs, Wk 3: +4lbs, Wk 4: -3.5lbs, Wk 5:?, Wk 6:

Donna (Tuesday)- Start weight 9st 5lbs Goal weight 8st 12lbs in 9 weeks
TARGET CHANGED TO MAINTAIN AT 9ST 7LBS
Wk 1: +0.5lbs, Wk 2: +1lb, Wk 3: +0.5 (9st 7lbs), Wk 4: STS, Wk 5: No WI, Wk 6: +0.5lbs

Kim (Monthly/Friday)- Start weight 8st 10lbs Goal weight 8st 6lbs in 10 weeks
July: +3.5lbs, Wk 5: -2.25lbs, Wk 6:

Deb (Friday) - Start weight 8st 10.25lbs Goal weight 8-8st 3lbs in 12 weeks
Wk 1: -2.5lbs Wk 2: - 1.5lbs, Wk 3: -0.25lbs, Wk 4: -1.75lbs, Wk 5: +2lbs, Wk 6:

Nikki (Saturday) - Start weight 11st 12.5lbs Goal weight 10st in 13 weeks
Wk1: +1.25lbs, Wk 2: -1.25lbs, Wk 3: 0.5lbs, Wk 4: No WI, Wk 5: ?, Wk 6:

Annie (Saturday) - Start weight 11st 2.5lbs Goal weight 9st in 16 weeks
Wk 1: -0.25lbs,Wk 2: -0.75lbs, Wk 3: ?, Wk 4: ?, Wk 5: ?, Wk 6:

It was a STS for me last week please Kim :)

Little man had his first bottle feed today too so things are looking pretty good for him just now :) he will be in until at least his due date so quite a few weeks to go yet about half way there.

Yeh Donna that's it exactly I know that I do have the willpower to stay more on track on nights out/events etc if I really wanted to but the thing is I dont! Life is too short I want to have good times with good people and yes that doesn't always have to involve food and alcohol but at the same time they are very nice and I enjoy it, so what's the point depriving myself of it or feeling guilty or miserable. At the end of the day its just food!

If anything I may be a bit too relaxed about food now to be honest as I just eat what I fancy most of the time. A lot of meals are still healthy choices but if I fancy a fruit scone for breakfast that's what I will have and if I want a wine or cider I have it! Means I have just been bobbing about maintaining for ages now and I would like to get back to target eventually just because its a round number haha, I know a few pounds won't make me look any different and I think that's why its hard to care!!

Xx

The support on here is amazing. I have a great group to be fair though and I enjoy going and catching up with everyone-I would be struggling if it wasn't for the fact that I get it for free being in my target range... it is a lot of money from week to week, especially if your not getting anything out of it. My consultant does a great job and when I was paying I didn't begrudge it at all, but I would have thought differently if our group wasn't how it is.

I'm sort of in the same boat as you at the moment Laura, I sometimes feel guilty about how relaxed I am at times, but at least we have the healthy bits in between, which is far better then what I did pre-sw.

I was getting a lovely tan but I've started with heat rash now :( its not fair, I've never tanned and was enjoying it and hoping to build it up a little more but now I'm all tanned but with blotchy spots... great lol

Wow isn't the weather gorgeous ladies!! I must admit I have done no dieting at all and have found a love for the new strongbow berry cider! BUT today is my post natal check and I'm off to join my local sw group at 5.30! Need to alter my dates on my sig when I get home because they are all Saturday dates and wi will now be a Wednesday x

Wow isn't the weather gorgeous ladies!! I must admit I have done no dieting at all and have found a love for the new strongbow berry cider! BUT today is my post natal check and I'm off to join my local sw group at 5.30! Need to alter my dates on my sig when I get home because they are all Saturday dates and wi will now be a Wednesday x

You go Nikki :)

It is hard in this weather isn't it, too easy to enjoy everything while enjoying the weather ;)

Eughh - had another argument with my mum :( We were suppose to be there for tea but it got too much and I had to leave. Again it was all just over something stupid but she just doesn't back down and won't admit that maybe we're both in the wrong, she talks to me like rubbish and then wonders why I snap back. Little one stayed there because when I said about leaving he got upset and she made a snide comment about taking it out on him, which I wasn't as like I say I just needed to get out of there-She's so negative towards me and I'm not going to put up with that, she's going to drop him off later. It's left me feeling like crap again though :( I just don't know what her problem with me is, boyfriend was very clear on his views on it in the car, he even went as far as saying he's wondered before if she was like it when I was younger and is that why I'm quiet and lacking in self confidence (which is something he's never actually said before)

So what do you do for the sessions then? Surely its not just going round the room talking about peoples weight losses/gains? Have you spoken to her about it? If you have and you're still not happy, why not write to head office.
I went to group a few years back and went a couple of times, but it really wasnt for me and have done it on my own no problem and use this site as my 'group therapy'!

All we do is she sits and goes through the PDA n says what people have lost or gained n asks for a target. We don't do anything at all other than when I tried to get something outta the group like discussing recipes etc with other members she told me to shut up. I wasn't happy about it then n that was back in feb but let it keep going to see if it was cos she was new n settling into it but its nearly August n nothing.

She hasn't got the new magazine or knew that there is a cheesecake hifi bar out now either so what's point in going??

Could just do same as you and come on here

The support on here is amazing. I have a great group to be fair though and I enjoy going and catching up with everyone-I would be struggling if it wasn't for the fact that I get it for free being in my target range... it is a lot of money from week to week, especially if your not getting anything out of it. My consultant does a great job and when I was paying I didn't begrudge it at all, but I would have thought differently if our group wasn't how it is.

I'm sort of in the same boat as you at the moment Laura, I sometimes feel guilty about how relaxed I am at times, but at least we have the healthy bits in between, which is far better then what I did pre-sw.

I was getting a lovely tan but I've started with heat rash now :( its not fair, I've never tanned and was enjoying it and hoping to build it up a little more but now I'm all tanned but with blotchy spots... great lol

I used to love group and didn't mind paying the weekly fee and even upto getting to target with the old consultant. When I went out of target n had to start paying I didn't mind too much cos I was getting something outta the group each week to spit me on & keep me on track but I'm just not getting anything from this consultant at all. I told the area manager last time she came to oversee the group. We used to have between 50-70 members each week now we have 18 & only 7 stayed last week cos everyone's fed up of it

You go Nikki :)

It is hard in this weather isn't it, too easy to enjoy everything while enjoying the weather ;)

Eughh - had another argument with my mum :( We were suppose to be there for tea but it got too much and I had to leave. Again it was all just over something stupid but she just doesn't back down and won't admit that maybe we're both in the wrong, she talks to me like rubbish and then wonders why I snap back. Little one stayed there because when I said about leaving he got upset and she made a snide comment about taking it out on him, which I wasn't as like I say I just needed to get out of there-She's so negative towards me and I'm not going to put up with that, she's going to drop him off later. It's left me feeling like crap again though :( I just don't know what her problem with me is, boyfriend was very clear on his views on it in the car, he even went as far as saying he's wondered before if she was like it when I was younger and is that why I'm quiet and lacking in self confidence (which is something he's never actually said before)

I thought ye got on well Donna, ESP as ye go running together. You were right to leave when she started, that's not fair at all. She's your mum, she's not supposed to make you feel crap. Hope ye can sort it out.

Back