Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Hi Everyone, hope ye are all well.

I am struggling a bit at the moment, or at least it feels that way. I had this idea in my head to try calorie counting.....I don't know why because I know slimming world works for me. I have been feeling very tired and once I did my exercise everyday I felt wrecked. A friend suggested I might not be eating enough. So I was trying MFP and logging all I ate and I seem to be gaining even though it says with exercise calories I am eating what I need to maintain.
It's very frustrating maybe I should just stick to slimming world. Maybe there is another reason for my lack of energy. I take a multiple vitamin with iron & magnesium. I eat loads of fruit & veg everyday, probably 9 portions. I eat porridge with fruit the mornings I go running or spinning. I eat eggs onions & mushrooms the other mornings. I have been making a pot of soup every few days also. I eat fruit with low fat natural yoghurt for a snack. Also snack on the aldi benefit 70cals bars. I eat meat with veg for dinner. Intend to do red days as I find rice, pasta & potato bloat me.
It's only recently I'm feeling tired, then I was wondering if its hormonal??

Hello everyone, not only is this my first post on the forum but I am also very new to slimming world. I have always followed the weight watchers diet but after numerous failed attempts of resuming the diet I thought it was best to look into a different diet. I did pretty well on WW a year or ago. After giving up smoking I put on the pounds and was in the 9's for the first time of my life. I am only a wee shortie, at around 4ft 11.5" so that extra weight is noticeable. I got down to my target weight of 8st 2lbs and maybe got slightly under that for a brief time too but I have been even lighter than that again. I have to say I was able to maintain that, give or take a few pounds, for a while.

Until, for some reason, I decided to run a marathon. I piled on the pounds and I have to say that those extra pounds did nothing for me. Really dragged it around to be honest and since I am a runner I find my performance has decreased dramatically with the extra pounds and like I said before going back on WW was not working. A lot of my family and friends are doing SW so I thought I would give it a go. I won't be going to class though as I am just sick of hearing "you don't need to lose weight" so just going to follow the plan myself at home starting Monday. I currently weight 9st 5.6lbs as of this morning but will weight myself again on Monday morning.

I hope you don't mind me joining in.

Back again!!

Welcome all newbies and returners!!

I was a bit AWOL this week. Had a surprise few days away with my mum & dad. They had rented a log cabin in deepest Suffolk for four nights and asked me and hubby if we would like to join them as it was a two bedroom place. It was lovely, even had it`s own hot tub!! there`s about eight cabins in total, all of them with their own hot tub.

Tried to use my iphone to go online etc, needent have bothered!! Wasn`t just a case of a bad signal, there was no signal at all!! Kept coming up as "no service".
Apart from that, had a lovely time!!

Had a sneaky peak at the scales, gained 1lb but I can live with that!!

How has everyone been? ok I hope!!

hellooooo i am back. yay.

guys i can't believe you have waited on me for the challenge..i am so chuffed and honestly touched..thank you. that has most definitely spurred me on....as i drink my wine after my curry ha
so back today. had great holiday but all i can say is i now feel round bloated and flabby. BRING THIS CHALLENGE ON!!!
love the name Kim...hubby is clever
will get back to you all tomorrow.
i had been off my pill more or less since the last challenge started and also started running. i lost 10lbs but always wondered if it was because i came off the pill..plus my boobs shriveled up dead quick too.
this week will be my first period since starting back on it and for couple weeks now my boobs have grown massively. i have too but much harder to judge given i have been eating and drinking crap for over two weeks.
so i need to start back running and do what i was doing when i was losing weight and if there is not much movement etc i will know for sure its the pill. honestly think it makes me retain water. the difference in my boobs is shocking

so...thanks again. you have just made me determined because you waited. i felt great at eight stone so that is my target.
when do you guys think i should weigh in? normal day of Friday or give myself a shock sooner?

Kim...hugs to Charlie x

be in touch tomorrow x

Yay welcome back Debs....how was the jolly hols? Look forward too seeing some photos. Of course we would wait for you, we're all in it together :) WI on friday!!!!!!
Charlie says thanks for hugs :)
Chat more tomorrow as a bit late now

Glad you had a good time away GA :)

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Everyone, hope ye are all well.

I am struggling a bit at the moment, or at least it feels that way. I had this idea in my head to try calorie counting.....I don't know why because I know slimming world works for me. I have been feeling very tired and once I did my exercise everyday I felt wrecked. A friend suggested I might not be eating enough. So I was trying MFP and logging all I ate and I seem to be gaining even though it says with exercise calories I am eating what I need to maintain.
It's very frustrating maybe I should just stick to slimming world. Maybe there is another reason for my lack of energy. I take a multiple vitamin with iron & magnesium. I eat loads of fruit & veg everyday, probably 9 portions. I eat porridge with fruit the mornings I go running or spinning. I eat eggs onions & mushrooms the other mornings. I have been making a pot of soup every few days also. I eat fruit with low fat natural yoghurt for a snack. Also snack on the aldi benefit 70cals bars. I eat meat with veg for dinner. Intend to do red days as I find rice, pasta & potato bloat me.
It's only recently I'm feeling tired, then I was wondering if its hormonal??
The only thing I could suggest Debbie is you're not eat enough with the amount of exercise you're doing, so putting yourself into too much of a calorie deficit. If it continues pop to your GP and get checked as you might need your bloods checked. What about eating some wholemeal complex carbs as it will release the energy slowly and may not bloat you as mu h as white carbs. Lets us know how it goes xr

Hello everyone, not only is this my first post on the forum but I am also very new to slimming world. I have always followed the weight watchers diet but after numerous failed attempts of resuming the diet I thought it was best to look into a different diet. I did pretty well on WW a year or ago. After giving up smoking I put on the pounds and was in the 9's for the first time of my life. I am only a wee shortie, at around 4ft 11.5" so that extra weight is noticeable. I got down to my target weight of 8st 2lbs and maybe got slightly under that for a brief time too but I have been even lighter than that again. I have to say I was able to maintain that, give or take a few pounds, for a while.

Until, for some reason, I decided to run a marathon. I piled on the pounds and I have to say that those extra pounds did nothing for me. Really dragged it around to be honest and since I am a runner I find my performance has decreased dramatically with the extra pounds and like I said before going back on WW was not working. A lot of my family and friends are doing SW so I thought I would give it a go. I won't be going to class though as I am just sick of hearing "you don't need to lose weight" so just going to follow the plan myself at home starting Monday. I currently weight 9st 5.6lbs as of this morning but will weight myself again on Monday morning.

I hope you don't mind me joining in.
Hi SparkleShin. Welcome to our little group. We're all shorties on here, so you'll fit right in!
SW is a fabulous way of healthy eating and if you need any tips just shout.
I followed SW from home and got to target, so it can be done!
We all like to keep fit on here, so you will gets lots of support

hellooooo i am back. yay.

guys i can't believe you have waited on me for the challenge..i am so chuffed and honestly touched..thank you. that has most definitely spurred me on....as i drink my wine after my curry ha
so back today. had great holiday but all i can say is i now feel round bloated and flabby. BRING THIS CHALLENGE ON!!!
love the name Kim...hubby is clever
will get back to you all tomorrow.
i had been off my pill more or less since the last challenge started and also started running. i lost 10lbs but always wondered if it was because i came off the pill..plus my boobs shriveled up dead quick too.
this week will be my first period since starting back on it and for couple weeks now my boobs have grown massively. i have too but much harder to judge given i have been eating and drinking crap for over two weeks.
so i need to start back running and do what i was doing when i was losing weight and if there is not much movement etc i will know for sure its the pill. honestly think it makes me retain water. the difference in my boobs is shocking

so...thanks again. you have just made me determined because you waited. i felt great at eight stone so that is my target.
when do you guys think i should weigh in? normal day of Friday or give myself a shock sooner?

Kim...hugs to Charlie x

be in touch tomorrow x

Hey!!! Welcome home Deb !! Have you had a good time ?

The only thing I could suggest Debbie is you're not eat enough with the amount of exercise you're doing, so putting yourself into too much of a calorie deficit. If it continues pop to your GP and get checked as you might need your bloods checked. What about eating some wholemeal complex carbs as it will release the energy slowly and may not bloat you as mu h as white carbs. Lets us know how it goes xr

Hi SparkleShin. Welcome to our little group. We're all shorties on here, so you'll fit right in!
SW is a fabulous way of healthy eating and if you need any tips just shout.
I followed SW from home and got to target, so it can be done!
We all like to keep fit on here, so you will gets lots of support

Thanks Kim, I will try that. I think I need to relax a bit about gaining a little as well.

Thanks Kim, I will try that. I think I need to relax a bit about gaining a little as well.

To be honest Debbie I think you do as well :)
Looking at your stats on your sig.....5'4" @ 8st 10lbs gives you a BMI of 20.9 which is a wee bit on the low side....but still in the healthy range. So, you could almost afford to put on a few pounds, taking away the pressure a wee bit! X

Welcome back deb!! Hope you had a lovely holiday.

Weighed in at 11st 2lb this morning so pretty happy with that. 3 weeks until our weekend away and I would love to be 10st 10lb by then.

6lb in 3 weeks I think is doable. I've decided I'm not having a set wi day, I'm going to weigh on the 1st of every month but keep track daily in my weight diary and have a weekly weigh at the gym for body far purposes.

On 1st September I was: 11st 3.5lb

Thats a good idea Nikki. I keep a record of my monthly weights on my signature and I really think monthlies are a better indication, but still to keep an eye on things daily/weekly with whatever suits you x

Thats a good idea Nikki. I keep a record of my monthly weights on my signature and I really think monthlies are a better indication, but still to keep an eye on things daily/weekly with whatever suits you x Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I think it will allow me to see the bigger picture. I'm one to always put lots of pressure on myself with targets etc and I very rarely meet them but I know I can do it.

I don't drink in the week and I have a little drink on a Saturday/ Sunday and a treat meal. So today I have some wine and a Chinese. If my losses slow I won't do this!

I think it can get a bit all consuming at times so its a great idea to do that. We have to remember this is for life and to just let SW become a natural way of eating, but still enjoy the odd off plan day without the guilt setting in!

I've just had a lovely SW friendly roast pork dinner.......oops a bit of pork scratchings was consumed :)

I think it can get a bit all consuming at times so its a great idea to do that. We have to remember this is for life and to just let SW become a natural way of eating, but still enjoy the odd off plan day without the guilt setting in! I've just had a lovely SW friendly roast pork dinner.......oops a bit of pork scratchings was consumed :) Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'd have loved a roast today but spent a day cleAning the house !!

I think it can get a bit all consuming at times so its a great idea to do that. We have to remember this is for life and to just let SW become a natural way of eating, but still enjoy the odd off plan day without the guilt setting in!

I've just had a lovely SW friendly roast pork dinner.......oops a bit of pork scratchings was consumed :)

We've had a chicken dinner !! And made enough so we got one for tomorrow's tea too.
Been out for a 2 hour walk today in the sunshine it was a lovely couple of hours and our treat at the end was a solero (5syns) yummy treat x

I'm starving!!! Chinese ordered and watching xfactor.

Can't wait for downton to start too. Is it mad how downton reminds of dieting? It's like I always have a big 6 months dieting and then summer comes and I'm a for enjoying the vino.

Suppose this is it then . Start of downton, start of the diet!

Omg look what happened this morning!!!!

Attachments

• image-1184086442.jpg
    image-1184086442.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 46
Back