Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Aww Kim bless you, at least you know what it is though.

It is difficult with the training and being on plan, I'm not depriving myself on race (or run) days, but don't want to really really pile on the lb's (not anymore then I have already anyway) Marathon is the 20th October, so not long now. I ran 21 miles last weekend, this weekend I have a half but we're planning on running a little more after (not sure on how much yet seeing how my mum feels) not sure on the weekend after and the weekend after that I'm tapering down and doing 7 miles. I'm doing pilates once a week as well, aiming to have a short run or crosstraining during the week and also do my running training on a Tuesday.

Wind is def something we seem to get on sw, but bloatedness should pass Sparkleshin, try drinking more water maybe?

10 stone 1 and a half :(

Oh well, its the start of the challenge, really hoping I can get it down for next week. It's frustrating though as I look nowhere near what I did at that weight before, I can tell I've put weight on and some of my clothes are tighter-but I'm a lot more toned then before, which makes it harder to get the motivation to REALLY stick with it... that and the marathon training I do need a little extra at times.

Donna like everyone is saying you need to focus on your training and its not that long till race day. You are doing so well 21 miles that's amazing I'm sure I remember from running club that was about the most they ran before a marathon the other 5miles you do with adrenaline on the day so it's sounds like you are almost ready now... How exciting you must be so proud of yourself :) x

Oh dear Laura, sorry to hear you're not well....there's nothing worse than a stinking cold/flu, you just have to ride the storm so to speak! The last thing you need to worry or think about is worrying about your weight, so just get yourself better & look forward to the wedding x

Whats this diet called Nikki? Sounds like a low carb/high protein sort of thing. No harm in trying tho x

Yay, well done on the loss Ronnie. Are you still enjoying the Red days? I'll get you started on the Challenge x

How was WI Donna?

Well thats me back from the GP with my MRI results.....I have a T5/T6 disc herniation (Thoracic vertebra)!!! So, I have to increase the morphine & neuropathic drugs until Im painfree & then see GP again in 3 weeks to see how Im getting on. I then see the Pain Consultant in November!!! Deep joy.....cant believe thats my 3rd slipped disc! So, no more driving for me with all these drugs!!!

Oh no Kim all that sounds nasty :-((( is it going to be another operation ? Hope you get your pain under control although I know you don't like taking all those pills sounds like your under doctors orders.. Big hugs from me xx

1st challenge weigh in. Put 1lb after my few days away last week. Bit fed up about that, but hey-ho!!

Starting the challenge at 9st 6lbs

Hey never mind that's not a bad gain and like you said you've been away that will be gone next week!!
Onwards and downwards keep smiling :))
Do you have a diary ?

Breakfast !!

image-2339798.jpg

10 stone 1 and a half :(

Oh well, its the start of the challenge, really hoping I can get it down for next week. It's frustrating though as I look nowhere near what I did at that weight before, I can tell I've put weight on and some of my clothes are tighter-but I'm a lot more toned then before, which makes it harder to get the motivation to REALLY stick with it... that and the marathon training I do need a little extra at times.

You will be full of lovely toned muscles Donna & its a number on a scale at the end of the day....its how you feel thats more important x

Aww Kim. At least you know what's up and you have your meds to ease the pain.

The diet doesn't have a name I don't think, it was just and article online and out of a book written by a nutritionalist xx

Yep, glad I know whats causing this horrid pain!

Thanks Kim

Of course I'll tell you a bit about myself. :)

I'm 35 years old and I am from Northern Ireland. I have been married for 8 years, no children but one furbaby. He is a 6 year old Yorkshire Terrier named Alfie and is a very spoiled pup. :D. I work full time as an Office Manager and I am a member of our local running club.

I have been running for just over 2 1/2 years and completed my first marathon at the beginning of the year in Paris. I have to admit that I never had much of a weight problem. I was around 7st 9-12lbs when I got married and would have stay around the low 8s until I gave up smoking 3 years ago and the pounds went on. I started WW in Feb 11 and started the C25K in March 11 so that I could run the Race for Life. I got to my target weight and had many more running achievements but the weight went back on as soon as I started training for the marathon. I don't know how. Well I was putting it on before and during marathon training wasn't a good time to diet for me. So here I am. :)

Oh dear that was a bit of a waffle, lol.

Can I ask? Is it normal to be so bloated and full of wind (sorry tmi) on SW?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have furbabies as well! A white retriever & black cat who I adore
Yes, it is very normal to be full of wind at the start & for a few weeks with SW. Its because you will have naturally increased your Superfree, which is fibre, so hence you increase the gas lol! It will settle, just drink plenty of water cos you may find in the first few weeks you'll get constipated as well with all the extra fibre, so water will help things aslong a bit :)

1st challenge weigh in. Put 1lb after my few days away last week. Bit fed up about that, but hey-ho!!

Starting the challenge at 9st 6lbs

Whats a little pound amongst friends :)

Wi result lost 1lb so now 10.5 woohoo happy to get the challenge started with a loss !!!

How was wi Donna ?

Laura hope you feeling better :) wow the weddings come round quick did you sort anything else with the dress or are you leaving it?

Nikki red days are good :) I'm going do another week of them but maybe with a few Ee days x

Yay, go Ronnie .....well done :)

Oh no Kim all that sounds nasty :-((( is it going to be another operation ? Hope you get your pain under control although I know you don't like taking all those pills sounds like your under doctors orders.. Big hugs from me xx
QUOTE]

Hopefully not Ronnie, as its not a common place to get a herniation & it would be difficult to get at! I dont want a 3rd op either!
Yep, I am under doctors orders lol! Increase this increase that! I dont care as long as I can get some semblance of relief. Hopefully I'll get a nerve block/epidural to help the disc go back in, as the little sucker is obviously pressing on lots of nerves giving me grief! :(

Aww Kim bless you, at least you know what it is though.

It is difficult with the training and being on plan, I'm not depriving myself on race (or run) days, but don't want to really really pile on the lb's (not anymore then I have already anyway) Marathon is the 20th October, so not long now. I ran 21 miles last weekend, this weekend I have a half but we're planning on running a little more after (not sure on how much yet seeing how my mum feels) not sure on the weekend after and the weekend after that I'm tapering down and doing 7 miles. I'm doing pilates once a week as well, aiming to have a short run or crosstraining during the week and also do my running training on a Tuesday.

Wind is def something we seem to get on sw, but bloatedness should pass Sparkleshin, try drinking more water maybe?

If you can run 21 miles, you'll manage the marathon no probs :)

I can see ham & I can see eggs, but what is it lol! x

NO PIES SMALLER THIGHS CHALLENGE
Start date 23 Sept

NIKKI - goal is to be 9 - 9.7st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 11st 1lb

GA - goal is to be at target of 8.7st ( Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 6lbs

SINEAD -goal is to be 8.0st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk1: 9st 6.8lbs

RONNIE - goal is to be 9.7st (Tuesday 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 5lbs

DONNA - goal is to be at target of 9.7st (Tues 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 1.5lbs

JO - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Wed 18th Dec)
Wk1:

KIM - goal is to maintain at 8.7 - 8.10st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1:

DEBBIE- goal is to maintain at 8.9 - 8.10st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1:

LAURA - goal is to maintain at 9.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1:

DEB - goal is to maintain at 8.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1:

After looking through the article and reading every bit of it I have decided to stick to slimming world red days as it is pretty much the same thing!!

The last time I went to group was 2nd September and I weighed in at 11st 3.5lb then I missed 2 weeks as I was on holiday and I missed this week :( Spoke to my consultant and she is putting 2 weeks through as holiday for me. Hoping the losses I was getting continue and hope weigh in on monday I have a loss :)

It is 13 weigh ins to Christmas.

So you should lose at least a stone by then Nikki x

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thats what i'm thinking and 1.5lb a week would take me down to 9st 10lb so a couple of really good weeks and I could potentially hit target.

I have only been going to the gym once a week recently and have been out for good walks with Millie so hoping to start going to the gym every Monday morning before weigh in and then every Saturday and gradually increase this.

The dress is just staying as it is I am sure no one will really notice anyway.

And at least I caught the flu this week not next!

Got a night out tomorrow featuring a meal and cocktails and just been eating whatever I get the notion for while feeling ill so defo won't be at target by the wedding but oh well what difference is a couple pounds really going to make? If I can get there before Xmas I will be happy! X

The dress is just staying as it is I am sure no one will really notice anyway.

And at least I caught the flu this week not next!

Got a night out tomorrow featuring a meal and cocktails and just been eating whatever I get the notion for while feeling ill so defo won't be at target by the wedding but oh well what difference is a couple pounds really going to make? If I can get there before Xmas I will be happy! X

Exactly Laura, its only us that know about those pesky couple of pounds! You look stunning, so dont worry your pretty little head about it x

Kim my breakfast are little bacon and egg muffins stole the idea from Dawn on here
You line a muffin case with bacon or ham ( I think there nicer with bacon ) then crack the egg into it pop into oven 15mins mine take about 18 but my oven's not very good
Very yummy and filling try them let me know xx

Breakfast muffins are yummy :)

I'm having some right trouble with my wisdom tooth at the moment :( and its only the first one to be coming through, I have three more to look forward to not fun!

Breakfast muffins are yummy :)

I'm having some right trouble with my wisdom tooth at the moment :( and its only the first one to be coming through, I have three more to look forward to not fun!

Oh Donna feel your pain I had all 4 out when I was 19 has your densits looked at them mine were impacted best decision I made to remove them x

I'm gonna weigh in the morning as I'll be at college every Wednesday so I'll post my start weight in the morning

Good luck Jo with your wi x

NO PIES SMALLER THIGHS CHALLENGE
Start date 23 Sept

NIKKI - goal is to be 9 - 9.7st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 11st 1lb

GA - goal is to be at target of 8.7st ( Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 6lbs

SINEAD -goal is to be at target of 8.0st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk1: 9st 6.8lbs

RONNIE - goal is to be 9.7st (Tuesday 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 5lbs

DONNA - goal is to be at target of 9.7st (Tues 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 1.5lbs

JO - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Thurs 19th Dec)
Wk1: 9st 12.5lbs

KIM - goal is to maintain at 8.7 - 8.11st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1:

DEBBIE- goal is to maintain at 8.9 - 8.10st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1:

LAURA - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1:

DEB - goal is to be at target of 8.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1:

Just us Friday weighers to go and then we are well and truely on our way to smaller thighs!

Last edited:
I've changed my goal slightly for the Challenge by adding on another pound for my range. So, I'm setting my goal to maintain at 8.7 - 8.11. I was thinking of changing it up to 9st, but thats too much of a range. The reason being is, I'm not so active now and I'm still happy with a weight of 8.11. Think tomorrow tho I'll be up nearer the 9st mark as I had a chocolate fest last week, so think I'll have to knuckle down and behave myself and probably restart my diary.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

morning ladies. will try my best to catch up. sorry for being rubbish since i got back.
holiday was great. was good to relax and spend time with the boys. no complaints. even managed 2x20 minute runs. would have liked more but i couldn't be bothered to be honest ha

felt so much better for losing weight and running before i went. thank you for all the support. a few days in though and even though i was eating good (didn't last long) i felt huge and wobbly. my boobs are huge and i think that is the problem. i am not big but the boobs make me feel bigger. they are much fuller than when i was off the pill so can't complain. plus sneaky weigh in shows only 4lb gain. happy isnt the word as i haven't been the best this week plus its star week.
really want to stay in low 8's and stay on my pill so looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.
enough about me....
ronnie you sound so in control these days, well done you.

Kim your going thru the mill...hugs to you. i have hurt my neck and am struggling so have no idea what sort of pain you are in. must be a complete nightmare!

where is vicky?

nikki you are heading in the right direction but i agree with Kim. stick to the principles of sw. you know it works and its great. gorgeous pics of you and Millie too

Donna...get posting some pics. i bet you look hot. you must look great even if the scales don't say what you want them to say.

Laura, hope your feeling better. cant wait to see your wedding pics. how is baby Ben?

Back