Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Omg omg omg!! Weighed in at boots where I go to do my body fat and I was 11st bang on!!! The 10s are soooooo close!!

Wow,wow, wow.....yeah Nikki!!!
Just being nosey but is boots sacked good for body fat reading? Also you had your clothes on (I hope!!!) so you would be in the 10's in birthday suit!!

Haha with the drugs, as I'm sure you know with your hubby......you take drugs for one problem, which gives you another problem, so you have to take more drugs......I rattle by the end of the day!

Would you not be a priority case because of your husband and be given a flat/house of your choosing and where you want? Too many of the houses are probably taken up by underage pregnant girls tho ggrrrrrr! x

Know what you mean about young girls getting housed with babies!!

We`re a high priority because of his medical needs but not classed as an emergency.
To be an emergency you either have to be in fear for your life, homeless or about to be homeless within the next four weeks.

contrWe could wait until the contract the owner has with the housing association expires next year. But then we`d be in a take it or leave it situation. If we left it we wouldn`t be offered anything else. At the moment, although it`s a slow process, we`re in ol. We can pick and choose the properties we`re interested in. We just didn`t realise how far from town the one we were offered was from town.

The process is a bit complicated. It`s set up like an estate agents but no money changes hands. Properties are advertised every other Thursday and you "bid" on the ones you are interested in. The council then place you in order of preference. Only the top five are asked to view. Even then there`s still no guarantee of an offer. Ideally we`d prefer one that`s owned by the council or housing association rather than a private owner where the housing association manage it. If that were the case we`d have a lifetime tenancy rather than a set number of years.

Well last night was nice. Food and company were good. I also finished with chocolate fudge cake....really bad.
I was good with the drink though so no hangover for me either. I'm sat studying at the minute but just having a little break.

I'm going to Morrisons for my dinner today which usually is a all day breakfast. I'm gonna see what there is as last time I got jacket spud it wasn't cooked properly so wasn't happy.

I may just have the breakfast but will see when I get there. I started an initiative at work where we don't allow chocolate in our office & I brought a fruit bowl. Each Monday we all bring fruit in & we share it through the week. It was good last week so gonna go buy fruit today to put in the bowl tomorrow.
And tomorrow I'm gonna start the 30 day challenges. Then maybe start the shred again next week in conjunction.

The trouble is I really enjoy swimming but the local council 1 is awful and not clean at all so it means joining gym just to use pool which is expensive. It would be ok if you could just pay to use the pool only

Good you enjoyed your evening out!!

Not sure I`m up to 30 day shred yet!! :)

My 50 -something bones might go into shock!! :)

Well the all day breakfast has gone out the window cos OH text me saying he isn't coming home til 3. I got plans this afternoon so I think I'm gonna have slimming world chips with egg at home.
Hate it when you make plans with people& then they just text u 15 mins beforehand to change em. I turned down a Sunday dinner too cos we were going out for food. Wish I'd said yes now

Wow,wow, wow.....yeah Nikki!!! Just being nosey but is boots sacked good for body fat reading? Also you had your clothes on (I hope!!!) so you would be in the 10's in birthday suit!!

Haha yes I was clothed, thankfully!! I always use the ones in boots and they seem pretty good, they show when your body fat is going down which is the main thing I suppose but I was a bit annoyed today because they had shunted it right up to the wall and I couldn't grip the body fat handles so didn't get a reading :-( x

Don't worry about the cake and whatever else Ronnie, as long as you enjoyed yourself we have to live as well :)

That's fab Nikki your doing so well.

I hate when plans change as well Jo, nightmare!

Thanks Ronnie, well the race went really well-half marathon and we finished a lot later then usual 2 hours 33 minutes, but I was running with my mum who has an injured ankle and we were planning on running 5 miles after, we ended up hanging around for a while after before setting off running again and after a mile my knee was killing me, so I sat down and waited for my mum (as she really needed to build her miles up otherwise she wouldn't be confident for the marathon) I did some stretches and went for a walk to see how far she'd got but my knee was still killing so I just went and sat down, walking back I had to hobble, so I went to the st John's tent and they said it was a little swollen, they put an ice pack on it.... just hoping I haven't damaged it for the marathon... I think it was the stopping and then starting again that did it.

Oh dear Donna, keep your leg elevated, ice it every few hours & take anti inflammatories. If no better in a few days get to your GP cos you may have some ligamental damage x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

St John's did suggest I go to my docs to check about the rest of my marathon training :/ I'm just hoping it will be like when I hurt my ankle and will not be a problem tomorrow. But if it is I will call docs, just depends when I can get an appointment though..

Here's the Xmas cake I made, really pleased with how it came out. Need to 'feed' it with brandy every 5 days and then at the end of November I'll marzipan, ice it and then decorate it. Not sure whether to go funny or traditional?
For some reason the photo didn't upload?! Anyways its just a gorgeous looking fruit cake if I say so myself !

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Last edited:
well the race went really well-half marathon and we finished a lot later then usual 2 hours 33 minutes, but I was running with my mum who has an injured ankle and we were planning on running 5 miles after, we ended up hanging around for a while after before setting off running again and after a mile my knee was killing me, so I sat down and waited for my mum (as she really needed to build her miles up otherwise she wouldn't be confident for the marathon) I did some stretches and went for a walk to see how far she'd got but my knee was still killing so I just went and sat down, walking back I had to hobble, so I went to the st John's tent and they said it was a little swollen, they put an ice pack on it.... just hoping I haven't damaged it for the marathon... I think it was the stopping and then starting again that did it.

Well done Donna and that's amazing your mum doing it too.

As for the knee, remember RICE or I think it's PRICE now. Also you have done your miles now so don't be afraid to rest from training and just start again when the knee is better. I remember doing my training and I constantly fell ill all the time between winter training and and my immune system must have been low as I never got sick but I just had to rest and even missed a long run or two. I remember doing 22 miles and my foot started killing me I ended up in A&E with a possible broken foot. It turned out it wasn't and just all the pressure I was putting on it and it was up to me to do the marathon or not. Of course I did but had to take painkillers. Someone suggested Ibrufen (sp) but heard that wasn't good to take when running but just read up about it. I just seem to get that pain when I got to a certain mile and it returned in the Marathon too. The things we do to ourselves. Ha! Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ooooo Christmas cake is exciting Kim, I'm making one this year... is now about the time to get it baked then? (I just need to double check I have all the ingredients in) never made one before so a little scared.... hope you get to post the pic soon, I want to see

Thanks Sparkle, well just talking to my boyfriend and depending on how it is I may skip running this week and just do light training up to the marathon, he seems to think it should be okay in three weeks time (marathon time) but obviously need to make sure its better otherwise I'll just make it worse. Do you think its worth talking to the doctor even if it does feel better tomorrow?

I know I keep saying I don't know why we do it, its meant to make us healthier not break all our bones lol

Hi ladies, sorry I disappeared for awhile but last week was busy and I started back running 3 days a week. I have to say it felt as if I never ran a marathon! Just managed short miles and then took to dune running at the weekend. I also do a crossfit class which starts back this week as the trainer was on holidays and lets just say he takes no **** so it's going to be tough and I am not looking forward to that!

Go first week of SW nearly done and don't feel as if I have lost anything. I am due to WI tomorrow morning. I did have a few sneaky WI and did notice that the scales had me down as -2.2lbs but it has gone back up since. It is that TOTM, I believe that is known as star week in SW? I also have eaten all of my syns for the week too. I did have gravy with my dinner today made by mum. She made silverside roast so it's the gravy from the stock and bisto powder. Anyone know how to syn that?

I would get your cake baked now Donna, cos you need to feed it every few days and it will taste better cos it will have matured. You will then need to marzipan and ice/decorate it which again will take time.
Its a dead easy cake to make, so dont worry about it and its such fun doing the decorating

I would definitely rest your leg for a few days Donna and as SparkleShin says you've done your distance training now, so just take it easy as you dont want to ruin the marathon

Do you think its worth talking to the doctor even if it does feel better tomorrow? I know I keep saying I don't know why we do it, its meant to make us healthier not break all our bones lol

I think there is no harm and also for your piece of mind. He'll probably just say the same about resting and it's just getting used to the increases mileage.

I also took painkillers before I started my runs so they have kicked in before the pain begins. I know that's no good but you do anything until you get it over with. I also brought more with me and set my phone alarm for 4 hours later to take them again.

Hi ladies, sorry I disappeared for awhile but last week was busy and I started back running 3 days a week. I have to say it felt as if I never ran a marathon! Just managed short miles and then took to dune running at the weekend. I also do a crossfit class which starts back this week as the trainer was on holidays and lets just say he takes no **** so it's going to be tough and I am not looking forward to that!

Go first week of SW nearly done and don't feel as if I have lost anything. I am due to WI tomorrow morning. I did have a few sneaky WI and did notice that the scales had me down as -2.2lbs but it has gone back up since. It is that TOTM, I believe that is known as star week in SW? I also have eaten all of my syns for the week too. I did have gravy with my dinner today made by mum. She made silverside roast so it's the gravy from the stock and bisto powder. Anyone know how to syn that?

*week can play havoc with WI Sinead and you may have a sts or small gain, but its just water retention and will be gone the next week, so dont stress about it. I would always encourage people to look at their weight over a month, cos us ladies do have a lot of fluctuations because of our hormones. Just drink plenty of clear fluids, follow the plan and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I normally estimate about 2 syns for the gravy, but it depends on whats in it i.e fat from the meat etc and how much gravy you actually had.

Donna is the pain at the outside of your knee ?

When I upped my miles last year for my half marathon my knee struggled and when I saw a physio he said it was the long band down the side of my thigh and that it was over stretched I had acupuncture and ultra sound , it helped but it was so close to the race I had to have it strapped as well with magic physio tape. I'd say go and see someone Donna cause you could make it worse and that wouldn't be good
Take care x

Good point Ronnie, it could be Donna's ITB. Do you stretch out afterwards Donna, cos a lot of problems come from the ITB.

Is anyone else having trouble uploading their pics, cos I cant seem to to do it from either my phone or tablet now :confused:

I stretch after long runs and after most short runs (although if I'm being honest I sometimes forget after short ones) I didn't stretch after finishing the race though and we stopped for quite a while to collect our goody bags ect. go to the toilet eat a banana and then drop everything off at the car, so I'm wondering if maybe not stretching then running off again without a proper warm up did it.

Thanks for all the advice everyone :) as always its really appreciated.

Will get on with the Christmas cake then once I've got some butter in Kim. Hope it turns out

Which recipe are you using for your xmas cake Donna? I used a Gary Rhodes one and its turned out lovely, hope it tastes ok but wont find out til Dec 7th when I take it to MIL's

Back