Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Morning :-D I've had 3 weeks off group, shall I use today's group weigh for the challenge? I think it's a bit more than other scales but I suppose it's most accurate? X

Will you be going to group every week tho? If not use your scales for the Challenge. What was your weight today on them? X

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

NO PIES SMALLER THIGHS CHALLENGE
Start date 23 Sept

NIKKI - goal is to be 9 - 9.7st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 11st 1lb, Wk 2: 11st 2lbs

GA - goal is to be at target of 8.7st ( Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 6lbs, Wk 2:

SINEAD -goal is to be at target of 8.0st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk1: 9st 6.8lbs, Wk 2:

RONNIE - goal is to be 9.7st (Tuesday 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 5lbs, Wk 2:

DONNA - goal is to be at target of 9.7st (Tues 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 1.5lbs, Wk 2:

JO - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Thurs 19th Dec)
Wk1: 9st 12.5lbs, Wk 2:

KIM - goal is to maintain at 8.7 - 8.11st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 0.5lbs, Wk 2:

DEBBIE- goal is to maintain at 8.9 - 8.10st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: 8st 9.75lbs, Wk 2:

LAURA - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: ?, Wk 2:

DEB - goal is to be at target of 8.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 8st 3.25lbs, Wk 2:

JENNA - goal is to be at target of 8st 9lbs (Saturday 21stDec)
Wk 1: 9st 4lbs, Wk 2:

Last edited:
Will you be going to group every week tho? If not use your scales for the Challenge. What was your weight today on them? X Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm going to group now until I get to target. I missed 3 weeks because of holidays and my last weight on group scales was 11st 3.5lb . Just about to walk to group now to get weighed x

I'm going to group now until I get to target. I missed 3 weeks because of holidays and my last weight on group scales was 11st 3.5lb . Just about to walk to group now to get weighed x

Good luck Nikki I'm sure it will be ok :) x

Action plan....

Only go by slimming world scales!

Change everything to reflect today's weight on sw scales - 11st 2lb

Follow plan to the letter and treat this week like week one.

Fill in my diary honestly.

Sensible action plan Nikki. Once you get into the swing of SW, you'll start to get great results. I found by keeping an honest diary really does help and put down everything that goes in your mouth! Stay in control, eat healthily, drink plenty of clear fluids and SW works x

Reporting my weigh in for the challenge.

3lb loss!! Down to 9st 3lbs.

Haven`t been in the 8`s for at least 15 years!! hopefully they`re just around the corner.
I`m exercising at home to DVD`s. The latest one is by Beach Body. Think it`s advertised on tv.

How did you marathon runners get started? Not sure it`s my cup of tea!

Tomorrow im cooking a slow cooker beef casserole.

I have my stewing beef and a bag of casserole veg but not sure what would be flavoursome to cook it in? I was thinking beef stock with some added onions and some sort of spice?

Reporting my weigh in for the challenge. 3lb loss!! Down to 9st 3lbs. Haven`t been in the 8`s for at least 15 years!! hopefully they`re just around the corner. I`m exercising at home to DVD`s. The latest one is by Beach Body. Think it`s advertised on tv. How did you marathon runners get started? Not sure it`s my cup of tea!

Is it Insanity? I did that one and it was tough! Well done on the weight loss too!

I had been running for about 2 years before I started training for a marathon. I was up to 9 miles max before and I just followed a training programme to get me to the bigger miles. Training and gradual mileages increase is the key. I also trained with my club members which helped to boost me along. If you haven't run before you can do a C25K programme to get You started, just google it for more info. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Weigh in this week 9st 5lbs, 1.8lb loss! :)

Did not expect that at all with * week but quite pleased.

Also did 5 miles today in the lashing rain and did a brisk 1.5 approx walk during lunch hour with the girls in work.

As I am new on here and new to SW do you think it's best to open a diary here? Do any of you have a diary on here?

Not sure it`s my cup of tea!

I said the same thing! In fact I just thought marathon runners were mad until eventually the bug to do one hit me. Have to say though don't think I would be in a rush to do another one as the training is so time consuming physically and mentally. But you never know. ;)

Is it Insanity? I did that one and it was tough! Well done on the weight loss too!

I had been running for about 2 years before I started training for a marathon. I was up to 9 miles max before and I just followed a training programme to get me to the bigger miles. Training and gradual mileages increase is the key. I also trained with my club members which helped to boost me along. If you haven't run before you can do a C25K programme to get You started, just google it for more info. ;)

I`ve got Insanity but haven`t taken it out of the wrapper yet!!
This one is Slim in 6. Claims to have you slim in 6 weeks. Admittedly, it depends on your starting weight.
The blurb also claims it`s suitable for exercise beginners. I did find it hard to begin with but after a couple of days I found it easier. I`m now on the 3rd DVD out of 5.

It`ll take a bit longer than six weeks. I`m probably about 15-20 years older than those in the DVD so I`m taking it a bit slower.

Also did 5 miles today in the lashing rain and did a brisk 1.5 approx walk during lunch hour with the girls in work.

As I am new on here and new to SW do you think it's best to open a diary here? Do any of you have a diary on here?

Lots of people have food diaries. I don`t, I do it the old fashioned way with good old pen and paper!!

I said the same thing! In fact I just thought marathon runners were mad until eventually the bug to do one hit me. Have to say though don't think I would be in a rush to do another one as the training is so time consuming physically and mentally. But you never know. ;)

Don`t think I`ll be joining the runners on here just yet!! :)
My fitness level isn`t at that stage.

As I`ve only recently started exercising seriously I don`t want to do myself any damage.
Haven`t done any real exercise since I left school in the 70`s!!:D

Yay, well done Annette and Sinead, great losses for you both. We're all quite active bunnies on here, but whatever type of exercise you do, as long as its enjoyable is a great way to help the weight loss.
I used to run and play squash, then injuries started and knee ops required, so gave that up! Started cycling, which in my opinion is the best from of exercise going, cos its low impact and certainly burns the calories. Just peed off now cos I cant get out on my bike, but hopefully I will soon.
Great start to the Challenge you 2 and hope you have another great week x

NO PIES SMALLER THIGHS CHALLENGE
Start date 23 Sept

NIKKI - goal is to be 9 - 9.7st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 11st 1lb, Wk 2: 11st 2lbs

ANNETTE - goal is to be at target of 8.7st ( Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 6lbs, Wk 2: 9st 3lbs

SINEAD -goal is to be at target of 8.0st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk1: 9st 6.8lbs, Wk 2: 9st 5lbs

RONNIE - goal is to be 9.7st (Tuesday 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 5lbs, Wk 2:

DONNA - goal is to be at target of 9.7st (Tues 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 1.5lbs, Wk 2:

JO - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Thurs 19th Dec)
Wk1: 9st 12.5lbs, Wk 2:

KIM - goal is to maintain at 8.7 - 8.11st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 0.25lbs, Wk 2:

DEBBIE- goal is to maintain at 8.9 - 8.10st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: 8st 9.75lbs, Wk 2:

LAURA - goal is to be at target of 9.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: ?, Wk 2:

DEB - goal is to be at target of 8.0st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 8st 3.25lbs, Wk 2:

JENNA - goal is to be at target of 8st 9lbs (Saturday 21stDec)
Wk 1: 9st 4lbs, Wk 2:

I think the key to a good weight loss is to keep a diary and can be on here, on paper, or on laptop/tablet....whatever suits you best. Its so easy to miss a few syns that might have crept in, so if you write it down as soon as you've eaten, you can keep track of it all. I kept a diary on my laptop until I got to target and then did a maintainance one on here, but I've decided not to do it now cos I'm trying to normalise things a bit more, cos it is for life and I dont want to be writing everything down the rest if my life!
If you want to start one I'd be happy to check it over for you, or if you dont want to do one, again I would be happy to check your daily food intake to check that you're on the right track. What plan are you following?

Well done on the losses ladies, hoping I'll be joining you tomorrow ;) although how much weight does a swollen knee carry? :p
N

I started running last September and started on a beginners course, running 1 minute, walking 1 minute for half an hour... it was a 10 week program and slowly built up to running 30 minutes none stop, and as long as this knee lets me I'll be running my first (and possibly only) marathon in 3 weeks time! Exciting and scary stuff :)

Anyway knee was fine this morning but hurts again after a full day on my feet :( tomorrow should be an easier day as its strike day so I shouldn't be on my feet as much. I'm not going to my training tomorrow either as don't want to risk hurting it more, will do pilates on Thursday and have doctors booked for Thursday too-going to see what they and my coach recommend as far as a run at the weekend goes.

Back