Anyone in the 9s want to be in the 8's ??

Hi girls Sorry not been around it's been a bonkers week again ... Our shop has been burgled so not had the best week they'd tried before just damaging the door but thus time got in... Luckily they only took the float about £30 but now the repairs are up to about £400-500 so really naffed off... Bet they get away with it too. Sorry you've had your card cloned too Nikki I feel for you glad your bank is putting it back, hoping we can claim on our insurance but still got to find the excess so no win in this situation ... So mad :-( Anyway lost 4lb at wi yippee !!!! So that's my 3lb gain gone and a nice little lb this week so now 10.1 be great to get 2 off next week to see those 9's again !!! Hope you are all doing good Kim, How's Charlie doing?xx

Sorry to hear about your break in. Hope your insurance will sort it out.

Gonna try to re-start SW next week , so will be weighing in sometime between today and Monday. Can't guarantee it will be today. Got the Sky engineer coming to reconnect us today. Hubby's been having withdrawal symptoms. Freeview not good for him :)

Did have our internet on a dongle with 3. Been thinking about getting the full package from Sky. Just using my iphone at the moment. 3 was costing us a fortune.

That's awful Nikki, but glad you got it sorted

I'm not going to WI tonight, little one wants to see fireworks... so he's getting fireworks, there was a time when I wouldn't have dreamt of skipping WI... especially after a holiday, but do you know what I'm not too bothered-yeah I haven't stuck to it and yes I am making healthier choices now, but the whole going to group thing and getting weighed... I think I'm a little over it. Right now I'd happily plod along doing my best and not weighing at all. I can't fit in those jeans I loved last year which my Auntie gave me, but I wonder if that's possibly down to my massive leg muscles rather then much else as I don't feel loads bigger and my tops all still fit :/

I'm considering buying some scales for home anyway...so may give up on group, I love the people there ect. but I do have lots of other things on and a family ect. The home scales would be handy for weighing the puppy anyway (no naked weighing for me as the only hard floor we have is in the kitchen anyway)

I'm full of cold at the minute as well, just had a hot lemon..... well a hot blackcurrent, usually I'd have green tea with lemon and a paracetomol but I'm pretty sure our green tea and red bush has been muddled up and I didn't fancy red bush with lemon... I'm hoping they're about 1/2 syn?

Oh and any suggestions on scales, I've seen these ones?
Buy Salter Compact Glass Scale 9081 SV3R from our Bathroom Scales range - Tesco.com do you think they'd be any good?

(I'll be honest its partly just wanting to carry on with the challenge that is pushing me to find a way to get weighed)
With your determination Donna, you will have no problem doing it at home. You know all there is to know about SW so it wont be difficult for you. Just think ahout the money you could save by not going.....put it in a pot and save for a 'rainy day'.
What increments do those scales weigh in? You cant really go wrong with Salter and if you do decide not to go back to group you really do need a pair of scales to keep an eye on your weight.
Im glad to hear the Challenge is spuring you on :)
Hope you get over your cold, nasty little bugs! x

Hi girls
Sorry not been around it's been a bonkers week again ... Our shop has been burgled so not had the best week they'd tried before just damaging the door but thus time got in... Luckily they only took the float about £30 but now the repairs are up to about £400-500 so really naffed off... Bet they get away with it too.

Sorry you've had your card cloned too Nikki I feel for you glad your bank is putting it back, hoping we can claim on our insurance but still got to find the excess so no win in this situation ... So mad :-(

Anyway lost 4lb at wi yippee !!!! So that's my 3lb gain gone and a nice little lb this week so now 10.1 be great to get 2 off next week to see those 9's again !!!

Hope you are all doing good
Kim, How's Charlie doing?xx
Im so sorry to hear you got burgled Ronnie, what little s**** people are! Is there any reason the insurance wont pay out? Maybe you could install cameras as that would certainly deter any further gits trying to break in!

But at least you had a great WI....what a brilliant loss.....4lb whoop whoop......wander what that gain was all about? At least its balanced itself out tho and an extra pound! Looking at your stats on the Challenge tho, it makes you 10st 0.5lbs?!

Thanks for asking Ronnie, but my poor girl is deteriorating sadly :(. I have researched her condition to the death and found that another drug is used along with her painkillers, so I spoke to the Vet yesterday and she's happy for me to start her on it. Weirdly I used to be on it and have loads of it left, so she was happy for me to use it on Charlie......saves a few pennies!
Its so heartbreaking to see her change as she's not the same, but I think she will tell us when the times right and sadly its going to be sooner rather than later.
She was having such trouble getting up and down the stairs.....she's always slept with us .......and we couldnt leave her downstairs cos she kept crying......so I've pumped up the airbed and slept downsatirs for the first time last night with her. Just like camping but indoors and it also meant she could sleep on the airbed with me naughty girl lol!

Sorry to hear about your break in. Hope your insurance will sort it out.

Gonna try to re-start SW next week , so will be weighing in sometime between today and Monday. Can't guarantee it will be today. Got the Sky engineer coming to reconnect us today. Hubby's been having withdrawal symptoms. Freeview not good for him :)

Did have our internet on a dongle with 3. Been thinking about getting the full package from Sky. Just using my iphone at the moment. 3 was costing us a fortune.
I have the Sky package Annette......landline phone, broadband, line rental with them and do think it works out cheaper if you have everything with the same company.
I also have my mobile with 3 with unlimited internet and it is rather expensive, but its very handy when I'm at work and also cuts down on the landline phone bill cos I never use the landline now, just use all my free minutes on my mobile.
I think its well worth doing a bit of 'housekeeping' on your finances every now and then and its surprising how much you can save by moving things around
E.g I moved my landline rental from BT to Sky and got half price line rental for a year and my broadband went from a tenner to 5 a month!
So, everyone should look at what you pay for things cos sometimes you can get things a lot cheaper if you shop about!

Dont fret about what the scales have to tell you, as you've had so much on your plate and who's to say you have much of a gain, cos with all the running around you have been doing, lots of calories will have been burned! You may even have a loss! :)

Sent from my GT-N8010 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Last edited:
Morning ladies.

Sorry to hear you got burgled Ronnie, what is it with some people. It really makes me mad that people have no respect for others and dont think of the consequences for other people.

Sorry to hear Charlie is deteriorating Kim, she is very lucky to have you as a mummy to care for her.

Millie was sat up on the sofa last night and Rich had the laptop on his knee, I tried to move her foot as it was trapped and she fell forward and head butted the edge of the laptop :( she was sobbing and sobbing and it went on for ages so she came into our bed last night and we had lovely snuggles all night and only woke up at 9.45am.

I have weigh in at 5pm tonight and I think that makes 7 more weigh ins to go including WI on the 23rd or 24th December. So depending on tonights result depends on my following few weeks and my xmas result!!

The only things I have planned between now and xmas are:

Bonfire party on Saturday. This is at my Nans and we are having hot pork rolls on wholemeal, mushy peas, jacket pots. I think i'll skip the sausages and burgers. I will be making a pasta or rice salad and also a snack box of home made bite sized rocky roads and flapjacks. Im also going to take 10-15 syns worth of vodka with me.

I then have a champagne afternoon tea with my best friend which is the 18th November, this was my baby shower gift to her.

Then I have the Christmas ball which I am ridiculously excited about but scared about too as it is the first night me and Rich will be leaving Millie so we can have a night out. We will only be leaving her for about 5 hours which I have done before but never at night time so we can go out drinking.

So in the grand scheme of things 3 days in 7 weeks isnt too bad :)

1lb on at weigh in. Not bad at all to say I have gone through the week at 3.5lb on and then yesterday they dropped!

Thats great Nikki. Just need to stay focused, enjoy your nights out and then straight back to SW x

7 weeks to go.........

NO PIES SMALLER THIGHS CHALLENGE
Start date 23 Sept

NIKKI - goal is to be 9st 7lbs - 10st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 11st 1lb, Wk 2: 11st 2lbs, Wk 3: 10st 13.5lbs, Wk 4: 10st 13lbs, Wk 5: 10st 12lbs, Wk 6: 10st 11lbs, Wk 7: 10st 12lbs

ANNETTE - goal is to be at target of 8st 7lbs( Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 6lbs, Wk 2: 9st 3lbs, Wk 3: 9st 3lbs, Wk 4: 9st 5lbs, Wk 5: No WI, Wk 6: No WI, Wk 7: No WI

SINEAD -goal is to be at target of 8st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk1: 9st 6.8lbs, Wk 2: 9st 5lbs, Wk 3: 9st 4lbs, Wk 4: 9st 3lbs, Wk 5: 9st 3.8lbs, Wk 6: 9st 1lb, Wk 7: 9st 0.2lbs

RONNIE - goal is to be 9st 7lbs(Tuesday 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 5lbs, Wk 2: 10st 4.5lbs, Wk 3: 10st 3lbs, Wk 4: 10st 3.5lbs, Wk 5: 10st 1.5lbs, Wk 6: 10st 4.5lbs, Wk 7: 10st 1lb

DONNA - goal is to be at target of 9st 7lbs (Tues 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 1.5lbs, Wk 2: 9st 13lbs, Wk 3: 9st 13lbs, Wk 4: 10st, Wk 5: 10st 0.5lbs, Wk 6: No WI, Wk 7: No WI

JO - goal is to be at target of 9st (Thurs 19th Dec)
Wk1: 9st 12.5lbs, Wk 2: 9st 12.5lbs, Wk 3: ?, Wk 4 : ?, Wk 5: ?, Wk 6: ?, Wk 7:

KIM - goal is to be at target of 8st 11lbs(Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 0.25lbs, Wk 2: 9st 1.25lbs, Wk 3: 9st 3lbs, Wk 4: No WI, Wk 5: 8st 13lbs Wk 6: No WI, Wk 7:

DEBBIE- goal is to maintain at 8st 9lbs - 8st 10lbs (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: 8st 9.75lbs, Wk 2: 8st 11lbs, Wk 3: 8st 10.5lbs, Wk 4: 8st 10.5lbs, Wk 5: 8st 9lbs, Wk 6: No WI, Wk 7:

LAURA - goal is to be at target of 9st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: 9st 5lbs, Wk 2: 9st 2lbs, Wk 3 : 9st 3lbs, Wk 4: 9st 3lbs, Wk 5: 9st 3lbs, Wk 6: ?, Wk 7:

DEB - goal is to be at target of 8st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 8st 3.25lbs, Wk 2: 8st 2.25lbs, Wk 3: 8st 4.75lbs,Wk 4: 8st 5lbs, Wk 5: 8st 3lbs, Wk 6: 8st 4.5lbs, Wk 7:

JENNA - goal is to be at target of 8st 9lbs (Saturday 21stDec)
Wk 1: 9st 4lbs, Wk 2: 9st 2.5lbs, Wk 3: 9st 2lbs, Wk 4: 9st 2lbs, Wk 5: 9st 0.5lbs, Wk 6: No WI, Wk 7:

Last edited:
Im really ready for a good week. I just have tomorrow nights BBQ but nan is doing lots of slimming world food so in really hoping for a good loss next week x

Kim I weigh 10.1 at Tuesday wi not sure how we've gone out on the challenge sorry to be a pain xx

Kim I weigh 10.1 at Tuesday wi not sure how we've gone out on the challenge sorry to be a pain xx

Not sure how that happened either Ronnie, but no probs you're not a pain at all, it just means you're half a pound heavier on the Challenge.......but whats half a pound between friends :) x

Hi girls, having a bad week food wise. Having been so strict with myself for so long I have just had enough and loosened the reigns. I was baking during the week, we have cooking apples in the garden so they HAVE to be used lol!!! In fairness I didn't eat much of the cakes but everyday without fail I am over syns. My meals are fine it's the extras that are pushing up syns, like a slice of cake, my chocolate Brazil nut craving isn't helping either as they are soooo high in syns. I'll just have to stop buying them! I'm terrified of weighing tomorrow but I have to as if I don't I'll continue to eat too much sweet stuff.
I have been to the gym every morning this week so hopefully that helps me:)
Will report back in the morning......good luck all Friday weighers xx

Hey ladies

Sorry I've not been on much lately, I'm just getting over a horrible cold and think the cold weather may have also brought my asthma back :( haven't had it since I was about 9 but have been really wheezy lately... last night boyfriend had enough and gave me his old inhaler to try... and I had the best nights sleep I've had in ages.

Saw the pups and OMG they are all gorgeous, obviously haven't picked one yet as they're all so young so waiting to see their little personalities... little one has a clear favourite though, a light brown boy, boyfriend likes the massive white one, I've fallen in love with a black and brown girl (but think boyfriend wants a boy) and there's a chocolate brown boy we both like. I don't mind which we get as I think they'll all look lovely and also its more about the personality to me, but I'm not too keen on the white one... I have a feeling he's going to be a bit dominant and harder to train at 1 week old he's already pushing the others out of the way a lot to get what he wants.

I've been good food wise apart from a pizza accident on Tuesday, but not beating myself up, I'm happy where I am at the moment.... wherever that is

Can you believe that after a week on the tablets I come off them and I get mega bad sinusitis!! Aghhh. Had it 4 days now and its not getting any better, dosed up on cold and flu tablets and that makes me feel a little better.

Been up early this morning as I had to put the chilli in the slow cooker and wanted to book peter andre tickets for my sis for xmas. She is the biggest fan and I managed to get front row seats!! Nearly fainted at the cost..... £153 for two tickets!!!! Oh well she is worth it.

Just chilling on the sofa but its bl**dy freezing and my fire is on a thermostat so it goes off all the time.

Just need to make the rocky road and flapjack and work out syns a serving.

On a positive my scales are down to 10st 11lb yipppeee

It`s no good!!

Been putting off weighing in.

Gointo to Boots now to see what damage I`ve done over the last few weeks.
Gradually getting back to normal, if there is such a thing!!

Will report back later!! :)

Good luck Annette

I'm really struggling at the moment to be honest and its not because I'm not going to group, that's one of the reasons I've decided to leave group as my head just isn't in it like it used to be. It seems like I'm paying to go when I'm not 100% sticking to it and then when I do stick to it I'm not seeing results. Having to focus on small victories like this morning, I really really really fancied honey loops.... I even got the pack out, but then I put it away and had pineapple, apple, some weird fruit I can't remember what its called and banana with yogurt.

Forgot to report my weigh in!!

Back up to 9st 8lbs. Can`t say that I`m too surprised. Been eating weird stuff. Mostly microwave meals while we did most of the unpacking.
Gonna be back to home cooking on Monday so hopefully some of the gain will disappear.

Found a local park where I can have my walks so that`s good!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

For some reason I cant quote anyone today, so I hope I can remember what everyone has said to reply to!

Debbie - there you go nothing to worry about! Sometimes it does you good to have little calorie boost, keeps your metabolism on its toes! x

Nikki - nasty this sinusitis you seem to have and it sounds as tho you need more antibiotics if its come back again! How are you feeling now?
Peter Andre, are you taking the mick lol! Will you be going with her? Its terrible the amount it costs to go and see a concert and its a wander anyone can afford to get tickets these days. I would have loved to have seen Robbie again, but refused to pay the extortionate amount for the ticket! x

Annette - that isnt a bad gain at all, only a few pounds. Now you have your kitchen back, I'm sure you can get back to SW 100% and drop those pesky pounds! x

Donna - just think amount of money you will be saving not going to group....it can be spent in the new puppy! Is anyone else buying one of the puppies, or do you have a choice of any one of them? When they're a bit older get amongst them and see which one comes to you, cos that means he/she will have chosen you :) x

Its gone very quiet on here lately....where are you all? Missing all our chats :(
Ive just had another 'naughty' weekend! My Mum was down, so she buys treats for us all! Meal wise all very healthy, but just goes a bit pear shaped in the evenings!
Mum went back this morning, after a very sad goodbye to Charlie. But I'm glad she came down, cos she has looked after Charlie so many times for us and needed to say her goodbyes.
Im still sleeping downstairs on the airbed, which is working out very well apart from its got a leak and I ended up sleeping virtually on the floor last night! I hope Argos will exchange it for another one cos we've only slept on it about 4 times!

Will put up the Challenge for this week and lets hope we all have a good week.....I'll try :p
Just need Debs weight x

6 weeks to go.........

NO PIES SMALLER THIGHS CHALLENGE
Start date 23 Sept

NIKKI - goal is to be 9st 7lbs - 10st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 11st 1lb - Wk 2: 11st 2lbs - Wk 3: 10st 13.5lbs - Wk 4: 10st 13lbs - Wk 5: 10st 12lbs - Wk 6: 10st 11lbs - Wk 7: 10st 12lbs
Wk 8:

ANNETTE - goal is to be at target of 8st 7lbs( Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 6lbs - Wk 2: 9st 3lbs - Wk 3: 9st 3lbs - Wk 4: 9st 5lbs - Wk 5: No WI - Wk 6: No WI - Wk 7: No WI 9st 8lbs
Wk 8:

SINEAD -goal is to be at target of 8st (Mon 23rd Dec)
Wk1: 9st 6.8lbs - Wk 2: 9st 5lbs - Wk 3: 9st 4lbs - Wk 4: 9st 3lbs - Wk 5: 9st 3.8lbs - Wk 6: 9st 1lb - Wk 7: 9st 0.2lbs
Wk 8:

RONNIE - goal is to be 9st 7lbs(Tuesday 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 5lbs - Wk 2: 10st 4.5lbs - Wk 3: 10st 3lbs - Wk 4: 10st 3.5lbs - Wk 5: 10st 1.5lbs - Wk 6: 10st 4.5lbs - Wk 7: 10st 1lb
Wk 8: 9st 13.5lbs

DONNA - goal is to be at target of 9st 7lbs (Tues 24th Dec)
Wk 1: 10st 1.5lbs - Wk 2: 9st 13lbs - Wk 3: 9st 13lbs - Wk 4: 10st - Wk 5: 10st 0.5lbs - Wk 6: No WI - Wk 7: No WI
Wk 8:

JO - goal is to be at target of 9st (Thurs 19th Dec)
Wk1: 9st 12.5lbs - Wk 2: 9st 12.5lbs - Wk 3: ? - Wk 4 : ? - Wk 5: ? - Wk 6: ? - Wk 7: ? - Wk 8:

KIM - goal is to be at target of 8st 11lbs(Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 9st 0.25lbs - Wk 2: 9st 1.25lbs - Wk 3: 9st 3lbs - Wk 4: No WI - Wk 5: 8st 13lbs - Wk 6: No WI - Wk 7: 9st 1lb
Wk 8:

DEBBIE- goal is to maintain at 8st 9lbs - 8st 10lbs (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: 8st 9.75lbs - Wk 2: 8st 11lbs - Wk 3: 8st 10.5lbs - Wk 4: 8st 10.5lbs - Wk 5: 8st 9lbs - Wk 6: No WI - Wk 7: 8st 10lbs
Wk 8:

LAURA - goal is to be at target of 9st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk1: 9st 5lbs - Wk 2: 9st 2lbs - Wk 3 : 9st 3lbs - Wk 4: 9st 3lbs - Wk 5: 9st 3lbs - Wk 6: ? - Wk 7: ? - Wk 8:

DEB - goal is to be at target of 8st (Fri 20th Dec)
Wk 1: 8st 3.25lbs - Wk 2: 8st 2.25lbs - Wk 3: 8st 4.75lbs - Wk 4: 8st 5lbs - Wk 5: 8st 3lbs - Wk 6: 8st 4.5lbs - Wk 7:
Wk 8:

JENNA - goal is to be at target of 8st 9lbs (Saturday 21stDec)
Wk 1: 9st 4lbs - Wk 2: 9st 2.5lbs - Wk 3: 9st 2lbs - Wk 4: 9st 2lbs - Wk 5: 9st 0.5lbs - Wk 6: No WI - Wk 7: 9st 2lbs
Wk 8:

Last edited:
Yup Peter Andre... she is a massive fan and so front row tickets were the only way to go really....and yes I have to go with her! Its not until next October but its another thing to look forward too because i'm sure we will be going out for food and drinks too. They were very pricey tickets so i'm having my ticket for xmas and birthday prezzie and so is my sis. We are both born in early Jan so we usually have things for xmas birthday.

I'm actually feeling much better, I havent had a headache for 2 weeks yipppeee and the sinusitis has subsided now which is good, just left with a runny nose. Poor Millie has been really poorly though, feeling so sorry for her bless.

Off to my mum and dads later today and wont be coming home until Thursday. Really hoping for a loss on Wednesday but the scales are on 10st 11.75lb again today!

4 weigh ins until the ball
5 weigh ins until the 3 course meal we are cooking at OH's mum and dads.
7 weigh ins until Christmas
8 weigh ins until New Year
9 weigh ins until my birthday and my works xmas party
11 weigh ins until centre parcs

Lots of things coming up :) but with all these countdowns means I have to decide rather soonish if i'm going back to work or not :(

How is Charlie Kim? Did you enjoy your weekend with your mum?

Where is everyone? We used to be writing 10 pages a day on here and now its barely 1 page a week :(

Back